Topic Stats

• 6 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 months ago by RafCon
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

Has anyone had an issue on Ghostbusters Pro software ver 1.13 where out of nowhere all the high scores disappeared except the grand champion score was the only one that remained? It seems very odd that the GC score/name would stay but all the other high scores are gone... and do these newer machines still have a separate battery behind the backglass that holds this memory that might be going bad already??
Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

That's a high score reset feature. Looking at the ghostbusters manual, that's adjustment 37 in the menu: "HSTD RESET COUNT". After that many plays, the high scores will reset, except for the GC score.

#3 5 years ago

Ok Thanks! That’s great to know cause it’s in our bar and I reset the high scores when we first got it a few months ago but I never wanted them to reset on their own! We want it to be an ongoing quest to rule the scoreboard at the store. So I’m guessing there’s a setting to disable this feature or do you just have to input a rediculously high number of plays before it will reset?

#4 5 years ago

Or what is a common/fair setting for this in a bar? I’m torn between letting the high scores continuously reside until they’re beaten, vs after X amount of time it resets and new people get a chance to see their names on the board until the high scorers come back in? We’ve only had the machine a few months so that’s the disappointing thing, but if it actually takes a year or two before the high scores reset then that’s not as bad...

#5 5 years ago

The setting lets you have automatic reset every X thousand games, or never. We've gone back and forth on the issue ourselves, and initially disabled automatic resetting, but have now decided to set the reset to 3000 (which is the default, I believe). It makes it less stale, gives more people a chance to get that good feeling, and it actually makes the GC spot even more sweet to capture

4 years later
#6 12 months ago

Resurrecting this thread because this just happened to my Star Wars Premium, HUO machine. I didn’t realize that the high scores, except for the grand champion score, would reset after so many plays. Anyone that has visited my home and put their name up on the board, I’ve lost all of those after my most recent game. Wish I would’ve known as I would’ve disabled that when I first got the machine. Just FYI for others in case you want to keep people’s scores beyond a certain number of plays. The setting can now be found as #40 on my machine.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Grass Valley, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 109.99
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 49.99
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop
Under cabinet
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-high-scores-disappeared-but-grand-champion-score-remained and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.