(Topic ID: 165372)

Ghostbusters - For those that played LE and Pro.

By delt31

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 19 posts
  • 17 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Mato
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpeg

#1 3 years ago

Having a hard time deciding which version to get. Actually - it's a clear choice to get the premium (plays like LE) but price b/w the two are far apart. Considering Pro is 4800-5100 and Premium shipped is around 6700-7k, that's a 1900 difference! Are the differences worth it? I know it's a personal choice BUT if you just look at the GAMEPLAY differences, is it worth it? Ideal answer is for me to play both and decide but haven't had an opp yet so wondering the opinions of those that have.

#2 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Having a hard time deciding which version to get. Actually - it's a clear choice to get the premium (plays like LE) but price b/w the two are far apart. Considering Pro is 4800-5100 and Premium shipped is around 6700-7k, that's a 1900 difference! Are the differences worth it? I know it's a personal choice BUT if you just look at the GAMEPLAY differences, is it worth it? Ideal answer is for me to play both and decide but haven't had an opp yet so wondering the opinions of those that have.

It's a 1700 price difference 5k vs 6.7k also while I have not played the LE I think the true right ramp and mag slings easy justify the cost.

#3 3 years ago

Where were you able to buy GB Premium for $6700?

#4 3 years ago

I have played the pro many times. several times in TPF and a few times in Calgary, Canada at a candy store. They were fun until I got my LE. WOW! now that was a major upgrade! Only way to go GB Premium or LE. It is worth the extra cash. LE's are going to be high so unless you just need a LE but can't afford it work on getting the GB Premium. Not trying to offend the Pro owners but it's not the same game play not even close.

#5 3 years ago

Yeah - I'm looking at the PFs and I think I agree. At this point, if you're in this much, if I didn't I would always think how much better the other was. Figure if it's not, I can always sell and downgrade!

#6 3 years ago

I have been playing the pro for months waiting for my le and the price difference to a premium is well worth it,but the pro is still very fun

#7 3 years ago

Have an LE, played the Pro a bunch too......Premium, is well worth the difference, after the playfield issues are sorted out, IMO.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

worth note OP.

This is Pinside where there are invetably a TON of LE owners that are going to pump up the game play for the LE model, so you will never get a fair and balanced feel for which way to go. The only real way to decide will be for you to play both.

I can say after many hours on the Pro that it is a very fun game. The one feature that is a downfall is the right ramp. I added a 1-way gate at the top of the right ramp so now the number of successful shots has gone way up.

I cant imagine the game without ragular slings and the ectogoggles thing is a non-physically interactive toy.

Is $1700 really worth a differnet ramp?

#9 3 years ago

I've been struggling with this decision for a while and I'm currently leaning Pro. I think the Premium is the better machine and if money isn't a big consideration I would go that route. The right ramp on the Pro does kind of suck so the Premium upgrades are likely worth it. For me it comes down to uncertainty with the rule-set. I like the GB rules as-is but feel the game is still a step back from games like TWD and GOT in the rules Dept. For me to have $6700 tied up in one machine the rules had better be awesome! I think I can accept merely "Good" rules on a Pro model given the lower price. The rules are basically the same on both models. I do like the rest of the package and enjoy the game as-is. If the extra $1700 isn't a big deal though I'd go Premium.

#10 3 years ago

As a owner of a Pro for 3 months i can tell you my favorite shot is the right ramp...i can hit it almost everytime but it took months of playing before it became easier. Once you find that sweet spot on the left flipper the shot isnt hard. Storage facility mball while pke frenzy going on and nail the right ramp few times and scores get crazy. I did have a deposit on a Premium but decided the Pro was good enough and now i can buy another game quicker with the extra money.

1 month later
#11 3 years ago

Having a similar dilemma, though $$ is certainly a factory so I expect pro would be the answer for me. However, when you start comparing all the extras, $1700-1900 makes sense in my mind. Really has a lot of stuff:

Adds 3D library mold
Adds 3D storage mold
Adds metal to subway ramp
HAS a subway ramp for storage facility (very cool)
Subs magna slings
Adds Ecto Goggles - I do think code updates will make this very cool
Adds playfield under rails (not a huge deal to me)
Adds right ramp

Miss anything?

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

worth note OP.
This is Pinside where there are invetably a TON of LE owners that are going to pump up the game play for the LE model, so you will never get a fair and balanced feel for which way to go. The only real way to decide will be for you to play both.
I can say after many hours on the Pro that it is a very fun game. The one feature that is a downfall is the right ramp. I added a 1-way gate at the top of the right ramp so now the number of successful shots has gone way up.
I cant imagine the game without ragular slings and the ectogoggles thing is a non-physically interactive toy.
Is $1700 really worth a differnet ramp?

The Magna Slings are awesome! Best feature IMO

#13 3 years ago

Played a handful of pros across the country and finally played a LE on location last week. I liked the pros and thought they were fun, but the LE really stepped it up for me. Made the game a lot more enjoyable and I probably played put $10-15 in that machine.

I'm not sure if this is correct but it seemed when there was slimer or something else in the ecto googles if you hit it then it would light up a mode? That's how it seemed to play for me and I really liked that. Reminded me of the walker bombs in TWD premium vs the pro. The slimer works/looks a lot better as well and that right right is pretty cool even if it's hard to hit. If I was looking to get this game I'd be going for the premium for sure.

#14 3 years ago

This is one title where (like TWD or Metallica), the Pro is a great pin to own.
Personally, for the difference in price, I'm going Premium.
The Magna-slings are awesome in my opinion. They may not be appreciated in a tournament setting, but they're a fantastic feature. Very unique.
I love the look of the Ecto goggles. The little holograms that appear on the play field are really great quality.
Lastly, the right ramp on the Premium/LE is near perfect in my opinion. To me, it's a little like the Arena ramp in TWD. It's right there, very accessible, and yet hitting it is a small victory. Much tougher than you'd think.
2-D/3-D models and moving Slimer aside, I would pay the difference if these features were after market mods.
Really looking forward to seeing the next code upgrade.

#15 3 years ago

I've played both a bunch and own neither so I have no dog in this particular Pro vs. Premium fight.

Buy the Premium - you'll be glad you did.

#16 3 years ago

2 months later, and a few hundred plays,
Once the playfield issues dissapear,
Premium is well worth the difference on
This title, imo.
I'd think if someone wants a pro, a larger
amount of pros will be resold towards a Premium.
Since at the time of writing this Premiums
Have not yet shipped in mass, I think when they do, more pinheads will find the game to
be something special.

#17 3 years ago

I've played both a lot and I do not own neither one (at this time) and I would buy the premium if I decide to buy a GB.

FYI. Don't be in a hurry to decide. The game will be in production for 3 years.

#18 3 years ago

I have to agree with those who have played both and like the Pro as well. I'm still waiting on my LE and had I not paid for it in full I would have contemplated holding out until I played an LE or premium to decide which one to buy. I dropped probably $40 into a Pro near where I worked and really enjoyed it. Wait to make a decision after you've played both and see if the extra 1900 is deserving or not. If this helps, I haven't heard any complaints by those who own a pro wishing to upgrade or had wished they waited to purchase a premium.

#19 3 years ago

I played the pro and it's good but the premium rocks there is so much extra that it's worth the $$$ I relieved mine today and no regrets with the purchase well worth it.

Also got a GOT premium today and well worth it over the pro as well.

image (resized).jpeg

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 12.99
Machine - For Sale
Clearwater, FL
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside