• Latest reply 6 years ago by Prefect
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8C995865-93EA-4096-96C7-39447474D826 (resized).jpeg

#1 6 years ago

Hey Pinside, I just missed out on a decent Ghostbusters for $3900 in Califonia. I know its a bit low for the pin at the moment but is this a sign of the market vaule still to come? I was thinking about getting one but I am a bit concerned if the pin is worth it. I know the value usually drops after the relese but $3000 to $4000 seems like a lot for such a title. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to play it, is the game play that bad? I have heard of some of the issue with the playfield and other small problems with fixes. Love to hear some owners of the pin chime in on the price, game play, and such.

#2 6 years ago

Sure it wasn’t a scam? 3900 is very low, I’d suspect a scam.

#3 6 years ago

If not a scam, a fire sale. Seems to good to be true.

#4 6 years ago

I think 3900 may be a little low but a routed pro with an issue or 2 seems reasonable. I'm not sure where you get 3 to 4k.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from bam10:

I think 3900 may be a little low but a routed pro with an issue or 2 seems reasonable. I'm not sure where you get 3 to 4k.

I think I might be confused on the price of the pro on release. I thought it was $7000 to $8000? Thinking it might have been $6000 to $7000 after your comment.

#6 6 years ago

Definitely seems to low. Had to be a scam.

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

I think I might be confused on the price of the pro on release. I thought it was $7000 to $8000? Thinking it might have been $6000 to $7000 after your comment.

I think NIB pro was $4800

#8 6 years ago

I didn't see it in person but the seller was very knowleagable about the pin and the condition. It was routed and he was very firm on the price. It sold as I was making plans to come see it. He didn't ask for any of my info and didn't seem like the standard scam. But who knows... Lol

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Pros could be had for around $5,000 on release . $3,900 seems like a decent price for the game .

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I think NIB pro was $4800

It had to be more than this or I think I would have gotten one lol Again I may be totally off

#11 6 years ago

5k or less for the pro delivered upon release. $3,900 is great deal however.

#12 6 years ago

I passed on a very low play 1 owner pro for $4300 last June, also in California.

$3900 sounds plausible.

#13 6 years ago

Or the owner thought the game blows and 3900 for a used toy that was 4800 New is not insane. Insane is thinking every title goes up in value or retains its nib price. Fan boys or current owners of a title will dive in to price defend. Sort of the price army. How a 20% price drop on a used pin is “insane” is laughable.

#14 6 years ago

Seems about right for a routed example... You can still get these NIB through IFPA rewards for around $4500. I also know others that have bought show use only examples of GB Pro for $4400.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

It had to be more than this or I think I would have gotten one lol Again I may be totally off

Mine was about $5200 shipped (perhaps $5100). Either way, it was about $4800 + shipping One of the better Stern games IMO. On route these are often terrible, but one that has been properly set up is great (no scoop eject drains, etc.). However, GB seems to hold its value well and $3900 is quite low, and likely still a great deal even for a routed one.

#16 6 years ago

$4800 for a pro NIB?? Damn I keep seeing used ones going for that...

#17 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

You can still get these NIB through IFPA rewards for around $4500.

Is this how you buy your Pros? $4500 seems very unrealistic NIB

#18 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Yeah what? That’s not a normal price.

#19 6 years ago

My NIB was $5300 with shipping. I still love it. I would not let it go for less than $4900. If that means I keep it...great!

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

You’re totally off. Get with JJ at Game exchange in CO. You’ll probably pay in the low 5s shipped.

#21 6 years ago

I'm thinking the fire sale is more likely. Admittedly routed, possibly with wear and damage or even wrose. Likely just wanted out of it and needed quick money for some other purpose.
They didn't ask the OP to send them a check or PayPal. A greedy scammer would likely try to take advantage of another fish biting, IMO.

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Not unrealistic at all as long as you're in the top 1000 IFPA rankings. IFPA price doesn't include shipping or tax but neither does the routed game in this thread.

https://www.ifpapinball.com/stern-rewards-program-aerosmith-pro-and-ghostbusters-pro-are-back-in/

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Jrwill13lv:

Hey Pinside, I just missed out on a decent Ghostbusters for $3900 in Califonia. I know its a bit low for the pin at the moment but is this a sign of the market vaule still to come? I was thinking about getting one but I am a bit concerned if the pin is worth it. I know the value usually drops after the relese but $3000 to $4000 seems like a lot for such a title. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to play it, is the game play that bad? I have heard of some of the issue with the playfield and other small problems with fixes. Love to hear some owners of the pin chime in on the price, game play, and such.

First off i wouldn't recommend buying a game that you have never even played because....well that's just not smart. Second, the gameplay is actually quite good and alot of fun. That is subjective of course but i like GB alot personally. The Premium imo is definitely the way to go on GB.

#24 6 years ago

What Who-Dey Said!!! My GB/PRe very modded and dialed in! I play every day!!

#25 6 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

First off i wouldn't recommend buying a game that you have never even played because....well that's just not smart. Second, the gameplay is actually quite good and alot of fun. That is subjective of course but i like GB alot personally. The Premium imo is definitely the way to go on GB.

Eh, respectfully disagree. I’ve bought plenty of games I’ve never played. Why? Because the price was good enough that no risk was there if I didn’t enjoy it.

I do agree that premium is the best version on GB tho. So there that’s.

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Eh, respectfully disagree. I’ve bought plenty of games I’ve never played. Why?

More than half the games I bought I never played. Some just because they were abandoned, broken and dirty...and just needed some love

#27 6 years ago

For 3900 it probably had ghosted inserts

#28 6 years ago

4100-4500 for a HUO late model Stern Pro seems about the normal selling price as of late. Obviously people are *asking* more than that.

So 3900 for a routed one is not a scam price.

#29 6 years ago

The $4800-$4900 prices are from 2016 before Stern increased their prices in 2017.

$3900 is a good price. Anything below $4500 for a Stern Pro is a decent deal. This example could've been plagued with the Stern quality issues commonly seen on the early run Ghostbusters.... or maybe not. If it saw some heavy commercial use, that would've dropped the value, too.

I don't think the IFPA pricing is really relevent for comparison considering most people can't get it.

#30 6 years ago

It was not a scam. I just came back from picking it up and the game is in excellent condition, just as the owner had stated in his ad. If the seller hadn’t sold it at the price listed he was going to donate it to the Alameda pinball museum where he and his wife volunteer. Real nice folks...I got a kick out of talking with them.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

I don't think the IFPA pricing is really relevent for comparison considering most people can't get it.

If you don't qualify, find a friend that does and buy "their game"

I always laugh when I see a purchase from a player in the top 1000 with a "By the way, can you please ship it to this person instead of to me?".

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

$4800 for a pro NIB?? Damn I keep seeing used ones going for that...

When GB came out you could get them around there

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Ampsquare:

It was not a scam. I just came back from picking it up and the game is in excellent condition, just as the owner had stated in his ad. If the seller hadn’t sold it at the price listed he was going to donate it to the Alameda pinball museum where he and his wife volunteer. Real nice folks...I got a kick out of talking with them.

Great pickup. Under 4k for a recent Stern and loaded game with a great theme like Ghostbusters is deal. Plus there is still more code on the way. Enjoy it!

#34 6 years ago

Ya I’m stoked! Seems like a pretty ripper deal! Here she is:

8C995865-93EA-4096-96C7-39447474D826 (resized).jpeg8C995865-93EA-4096-96C7-39447474D826 (resized).jpeg

#35 6 years ago

I am just setting up my $3950 pro. The only thing that I think needs fixing is the shooter rod is bent. I just grabbed one off of my WPT. The shooter rod plate is stupid. Only one of the whole for the plate was actually drilled in and the other whole lines up with the hole for the rod assembly.

#36 6 years ago

It's amazing. We're so used to ridiculous pricing that we actually have to analyze and question the validity of a decent price...

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

It's amazing. We're so used to ridiculous pricing that we actually have to analyze and question the validity of a decent price...

I think that is low pricing. I had to drive 9 hours to nowhere. Shipping wasn't cheap because it was so far out from anything. If you paid to ship it, it wouldn't have been that special of a deal.

Ghostbusters might be a little different if you can find someone that are sick of or cant fix sterns qa issues.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-for-3900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.