30%

(411 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8930151D-E77F-4CB6-89C6-AF7B35F1710E (resized).jpeg
whitewood (resized).jpg
BlissfulPrestigiousFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif
09907F4F-D32C-44F3-8950-424827B79BF7 (resized).jpeg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 2 years ago

What do you think of Ghostbusters now?

#2 2 years ago

Did it age well? Magna bumpers and massive flipper gap is kinda passe?

Great poll, need more of these.

#3 2 years ago

It's ok. Used to own one. Don't miss it. Frequently have an opportunity to play one, usually don't. Still love the art.

#4 2 years ago

I have a pro on location. It’s a great earner. Very popular with the casual fans at the brewery. It’s been my top earning game for 2 years.

I think it’s a tough game and I wouldn’t own one at home.

#5 2 years ago

I love it.

#6 2 years ago

Ghostbusters pro here. Mine definitely needed the mod to stop the ball from jumping the inlane/outlane rail but other than that it's been great and isn't going anywhere.

#7 2 years ago

Love the theme and ZY art. It wasn’t meh but ok, code improved it some but the design just never sat right to me. Most I’ve seen in last few years have plastic protectors and some middle post contraption. Maybe that helps some of the issues.

#8 2 years ago

Love it! Unique design with fun shots. GB is also one of Stern's most loaded pins to date with multiple interactive mechs. How many pins have a ramp that drops below the playfield into a subway with a ball lock? How many pins have magna slings? Full licensed assets and custom callouts by one of the films actors is also incredible to see, that's starting to become a rarity in the pinball world.

Finally we can't forget the code, oh how it took forever (3 years lol) to be completed but now it's one of Stern's deeper rulesets.

#9 2 years ago

I have a premium with colordmd and love it. Just wish Stern had picked this pin to be the first with full color lcd instead of dmd. Would have been great to have clips from the movies.

#10 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

I have a pro on location. It’s a great earner. Very popular with the casual fans at the brewery. It’s been my top earning game for 2 years.
I think it’s a tough game and I wouldn’t own one at home.

Exactly, almost. My pro has been my top earner for the last 4 years. My players enjoy it and at least 1-2 players have billion point games each tournament night.

My difference is that I can’t wait to have it at home. I have been as close as one mode away from the wizard mode and want it home so I can play it more than once a week and get all the way.

#11 2 years ago

It's ok man, I think we're over it now. You can say toys again.

#12 2 years ago

Pro: meh
Premium: hate it

#13 2 years ago

It seems like most appreciated the code update more than I did. It was a fun improvement, but it wasn't everything I hoped. Still, GB became a pretty good package: toys, integration, cool audio package and DMD graphics.

I bought my premium when the game was out of favor: people losing hope on the code, and no ColorDMD yet. Then both were released, the price spiked and I sold a few months later after getting my fill of it. I replaced it with an XMen LE for half the price. Won't say it's just as fun, but way more than half the fun, ha.

#14 2 years ago

It's alright great theme obviously. Had one for a couple of months and I don't miss it.

#15 2 years ago

Wanted one.. gave up when price jumped. Snagged other pins that I enjoy a lot that aren't overpriced..

#16 2 years ago

No Ghostbusters opinion thread is complete without an appearance by @rarehero. Can't believe he hasn't chimed in yet, maybe he's been pre-banned, ha.

He must have -really- wanted to love that one to keep his crusade going. Think I hear him coming...

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

No Ghostbusters opinion thread is complete without an appearance by Rarehero. Can't believe he hasn't chimed in yet, maybe he's been pre-banned, ha.
He must have -really- wanted to love that one to keep his crusade going. Think I hear him coming...

He said he blocked me earlier so maybe he can't see it.

#18 2 years ago

Pro? Awful then and awful now.

Premium/LE? It's great

#19 2 years ago

Excellent game. Especially after the code update!

#20 2 years ago

Played a premium early on and after a different game deal went south got my new premium in box. Added center post mod with lane protectors and still playing it. Still feel like changing music to my way but just haven't done it. Got other games that don't work so they get higher list in work.

#21 2 years ago

People are still butt hurt about having GB kick their asses? Seriously, I do not understand the hate for this game. It was everything that it meant to be. I miss mine but it was the sacrificial lamb for a TZ. If I get one again someday I won’t let it go.

#22 2 years ago

Love the prem, like the pro. Not sure what people's issue is with code. It's fun to shoot, got fun toys, great art, and pretty good sound.

#23 2 years ago

Wow. It’s been 5 years already.

#24 2 years ago

Owned the premium. I really enjoyed it but moved it on after the drama associated with the game designer surfaced.

#25 2 years ago

This poll is a great idea. Would love to see this type of poll for all the other recent games from Stern, JJP, American, Spooky. What is the long term view for all these games after the initial hype dies down.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Owned the premium. I really enjoyed it but moved it on after the drama associated with the game designer surfaced.

I totally loved the GB..granted Ive only gotten to play a few times..just seemed like so much love went into it all! Im aweful curious though (gulp)..what drama?

#27 2 years ago

GBpro was first pin purchase and a gift for my wife, so we probably have sentimental attachment that obscures our judgement.
However, we feel that the theme, code, animations, sound, art, & shots are fantastic and more-than-makeup for the flipper gap and other issues. In 24 pins we've owned, GB hasn't ever been out of our top 5.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

So how much does a top earner bring in for you? IF that's not an appropriate question I apologize, you certainly don't have to divulge any business secrets, just curious what a game on location actually makes, how long it would take to pay one off.

#29 2 years ago

Huge fan of the theme. I was very impressed with the game when I first played it at a show. There was just so much going on. I ordered a Premium right away. I mostly stopped playing it after a month or two. I did not like the magna-slings at all and the modes became repetitive. Even the music started grating on me because I was hearing the same few songs so frequently, though I did like the main gameplay tune. While I liked how faithful the game was to the movies in some ways, in other ways it felt like it was based on some fictional anime adaptation of Ghostbusters. I sold it after about a year and do not miss it. I really can't believe how much the demand has risen since then.

#30 2 years ago

I Love the magna slings. Don't mind the flipper gap at all. I enjoy the challenge of getting a good game on it. Keeps me hitting the start button. When you do get a good game on it, it can last quite a while.

I'm glad I don't listen to all the neg reviews. I love Star Wars and GB.

#31 2 years ago
09907F4F-D32C-44F3-8950-424827B79BF7 (resized).jpeg09907F4F-D32C-44F3-8950-424827B79BF7 (resized).jpeg
#32 2 years ago

Never played it with the old code. It must have really sucked then because its awful now. Premium is all I've played. GB is a dream theme for me and the game looks awesome plus its packed, too bad it just blows whales. Garbage ramps, garbage shots, and cheap drains galore.

#33 2 years ago

This was my first NIB purchase and I struggled with it for the first few years… however, just recently I’ve decided to spend considerable more time on it than my others (which are all higher ranked machines). I’ve made it about as easy as you can so that friends and family can enjoy it more. Everyone who plays it likes it… including me. So now I can get thru many of the modes without it being too frustratring and I actually like the wackiness of the magna-slings. They fit this theme well and are innovative - but sometimes brutal. If I had a single machine in my collection, it would not be this one… but it has enough uniqueness that it works well in my collection of 5 machines.

#34 2 years ago

My premium rocks, then,and now!

#35 2 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:I Love the magna slings. Don't mind the flipper gap at all. I enjoy the challenge of getting a good game on it. Keeps me hitting the start button. When you do get a good game on it, it can last quite a while.
I'm glad I don't listen to all the neg reviews. I love Star Wars and GB.

Couldn’t agree more

#36 2 years ago

One of the best games in last 10 years . Have the premium love it.

#37 2 years ago

GB is pointless to play unless you are in the 6x mode(same as Munsters), and the new code makes getting there far too easy.
Side drains are supposed to be punishment for missing a shot, not a common destination after you hit what you are supposed to.

Lot's of better titles out there: Then and now.

#38 2 years ago

One of the best. I will never sell it!!

#39 2 years ago

gee let me think...

the people that own one want it to stay pricy and are going to say its great. Everyone else not so much.

I think its great looking and the they did a great job with the theme...

as a pinball machine it is turrible (and yes I had one and wanted to like it), one of the worst overall designs Stern has done and a waste of a good theme.

#40 2 years ago

Having had both in my house Im in the minority here...PRO is the better game to me. Left ramp and even the right ramp to nowhere is better feeling on the Pro. Slimer feels better hitting on the Pro. The premium is packed in a cluttered way, both ramps shoot crappy, magna slings equal cheap drains, slimer when hit doesnt feel like your getting slimed like the pro. Sure some of the plastics or molds are nicer on the Premium but gameplay wise the Pro is the way to go.... Anybody want to sell me a Pro, lol!!!!

#41 2 years ago

Had it 2 years, new code came out shortly after I got it,still love it. It's a different game vs traditional games. Right small ramp is a tough shot!

One thing I did was to swap out some bright lights for dim lights, like teal and purple . Makes the game hauntingly beautiful.

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Huge fan of the theme. I was very impressed with the game when I first played it at a show. There was just so much going on. I ordered a Premium right away. I mostly stopped playing it after a month or two. I did not like the magna-slings at all and the modes became repetitive. Even the music started grating on me because I was hearing the same few songs so frequently, though I did like the main gameplay tune. While I liked how faithful the game was to the movies in some ways, in other ways it felt like it was based on some fictional anime adaptation of Ghostbusters. I sold it after about a year and do not miss it. I really can't believe how much the demand has risen since then.

If you put in some time on the new code (not just a few games), you realize you get to see so much more of the game and you're not "stuck" repeating the same few modes all the time. That was one of the main issues with the old code. Plus they revamped the wizard modes, and added "Are You a God?". GB now is one of the top games for cool Wizard Modes. Here's the layout of the new code...

-- Capturing Ghosts
----- 60 Loopin' Supers mini-wizard mode
----- 80 PKE Frenzy mini-wizard mode
----- 100 Mass Hysteria Multiball mini-wizard mode - can be stacked with PKE Frenzy!

- Scene Ladders
-- Ladder 1 has 2 modes then -> WCWS wizard mode
-- Ladder 2 has 3 modes then -> WCWS wizard mode
-- Ladder 3 has 4 modes then -> WCWS wizard mode
---- We're ready to Believe You wizard mode - must complete to get to the final Wizard mode...
---- Are You a God? wizard mode

Plus Stay Puft plays like a mini-wizard mode. So if you like great wizard modes, and lots of them, GB is awesome!

#43 2 years ago

I hope Stern is paying attention, sees the demand, and vaults this game.

#44 2 years ago

I wish I still had my LE....

.........so I could sell it at today's prices.

BlissfulPrestigiousFallowdeer-size_restricted.gifBlissfulPrestigiousFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif
#45 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

What do you think of Ghostbusters now?

I had the pro. Had to sell my used games to get a GB NIB.
Liked it... but didn't play it much. After the first year 1 game in 3 months.

Sold it after ~1,5 years.
Rediscovered that pinball is awesome and GB nearly killed the hobby for me.
I only loved the license and the looks.

I still like the art, the dots and music are fine and the pin is a beauty, BUT...

...the Pro really has NOTHING in it despite the slimer bashtoy and the Scoleri Brothers sucked really hard.

I might give the Premium/LE a pass, for the theme integration toywise. It shines in that regard imho.

#46 2 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I had the pro. Had to sell my used games to get a GB NIB.
Liked it... but didn't play it much. After the first year 1 game in 3 months.
Sold it after ~1,5 years.
Rediscovered that pinball is awesome and GB nearly killed the hobby for me.
I only loved the license and the looks.
I still like the art, the dots and music are fine and the pin is a beauty, BUT...
...the Pro really has NOTHING in it despite the slimer bashtoy and the Scoleri Brothers sucked really hard.
I might give the Premium/LE a pass, for the theme integration toywise. It shines in that regard imho.

Premium is THE game as far as I'm concerned. I played the pro a few times on location and it didn't even feel the same to me. Of course there are plenty of legitimate criticisms of the game, but no game I've had or played since has been able to set the mood the same way. When all the lights go out and the red alarm lights blink and the siren blares for storage facility multiball... Great moment.

#47 2 years ago

Summary- 5 years later: some love it, some hate it, some dislike it, some like it, some don’t care. Lol, could be talking about almost any pin. Opinions vary widely. No surprise I guess

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from Mbecker:

Summary- 5 years later: some love it, some hate it, some dislike it, some like it, some don’t care. Lol, could be talking about almost any pin. Opinions vary widely. No surprise I guess

The value in this is to see how many people like it, hate it, or don't care... It seems like most people who own the game at this point don't want to get rid of it, a lot of people who had it want it back, and some people who never had it also want it. Of course there are the people who don't want it, but I think the numbers prove that it's quite popular now and there's mounting demand for the game. It's not easy to find now.

#49 2 years ago

Had a premium , old code was tough and players didn't like it so it moved on. 6 months ago picked up a pro, new code, and we love it as do the route players.

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Wow. It’s been 5 years already.

Not a fan of the game but at least I feel old now. Oof.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-five-years-later-poll-?hl=grantopia and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.