30%

(411 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8930151D-E77F-4CB6-89C6-AF7B35F1710E (resized).jpeg
whitewood (resized).jpg
BlissfulPrestigiousFallowdeer-size_restricted.gif
09907F4F-D32C-44F3-8950-424827B79BF7 (resized).jpeg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 2 years ago

Played Ghostbusters again yesterday after a year.
Yep, still infuriating drains. Like it though when you have a good ball.

#102 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Played Ghostbusters again yesterday after a year.
Yep, still infuriating drains. Like it though when you have a good ball.

Are your drains SDTM? I have read a lot of comments about balls jumping out lanes and magna slings pushing the ball down the middle. But on mine, it doesn't seem to be any more than any other pin I own.

Are there any other owners who have had my experience where the drains aren't unusually excessive?

I love my GBLE.

#103 2 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Are your drains SDTM? I have read a lot of comments about balls jumping out lanes and magna slings pushing the ball down the middle. But on mine, it doesn't seem to be any more than any other pin I own.
Are there any other owners who have had my experience where the drains aren't unusually excessive?
I love my GBLE.

When I had the game, I found it to be much less frustrating after getting the airball protectors. Maybe all the haters just needed to add a little plastic.

#104 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yep. GB is one of my favorites and loaded by modern Stern standards (the premium and LE at least). The fact they also got the full license puts it over the top.
To fully appreciate GB, though, you need the premium or LE. This is one Stern where the pro feels barren in comparison.

Anytime all someone can say about a game is "how much stuff it has/its loaded" you know its not a good game.

Same can be said for most JJP games.

#105 2 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Anytime all someone can say about a game is "how much stuff it has/its loaded" you know its not a good game.

Lah is so good tho!

#106 2 years ago

I get it. You're a hater. It wouldn't matter what I said about it, you'd find something negative to say about my comment or the game.

I like the game and that is just one part of it. I dont really care if you don't. Different strokes for different folks.

#107 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I get it. You're a hater. It wouldn't matter what I said about it, you'd find something negative to say about my comment or the game.
I like the game and that is just one part of it. I dont really care if you don't. Different strokes for different folks.

Im not a "hater" whatever that means these days.

I am a fan who is annoyed they screwed up one of the best licenses they will ever get...

I did own one, and the game sucks, srry.

There is a reason people were selling off the pros after a while for 4k. All new code did was bandaid it.

#108 2 years ago

I am a fan who is annoyed they screwed up one of the best licenses they will ever get...
There is a reason people were selling off the pros after a while for 4k. All new code did was bandaid it.

You are a hater because there are a lot of us that like the game despite your opinion on the topic. BTW, what are pros and premiums selling for now? Using isolated sales prices from 3-4 years ago to support your case is disingenuous.

#109 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

You are a hater because there are a lot of us that like the game despite your opinion on the topic. BTW, what are pros and premiums selling for now? Using isolated sales prices from 3-4 years ago to support your case is disingenuous.

Doesn't matter.... at this point its really just a glorified redemption game.

You turn it on and see and hear a bunch of ghostbusters stuff slap the ball around with 1000 ballsaves for all the BS drains and have a good time.

Its an opinion and my not liking it isn't exactly off topic.

Im glad people like it... I dont sorry.

#110 2 years ago

Ghostbusters is a top 5 game. Haters are in denial.

#111 2 years ago

Found a new pin for you, only $10k. Send payment to [email protected]. The ultimate flow game is here! "High Flow Pinball, no boring toys, just high octane flow". Get pumped!

whitewood (resized).jpgwhitewood (resized).jpg

#112 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Found a new pin for you, only $10k. Send payment to [email protected]. The ultimate flow game is here! "High Flow Pinball, no boring toys, just high octane flow". Get pumped!

Your highest rated game is WOZ which speaks for itself.

That clunkfest of a game is the poster child for terrible games with tons of stuff crammed in.

In comparison GB is a work of genius.

#113 2 years ago

Doesn't matter.... at this point its really just a glorified redemption game.
You turn it on and see and hear a bunch of ghostbusters stuff slap the ball around with 1000 ballsaves for all the BS drains and have a good time.
Its an opinion and my not liking it isn't exactly off topic.
Im glad people like it... I dont sorry.

Yeah but you're the guy here trying to find reasons to put down anyone that happens to like the game. I guess you are the self appointed pinball judge and jury on what constitutes a good game, right?

You dont like it... fine. We got the message the first time.

#114 2 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Yeah but you're the guy here trying to find reasons to put down anyone that happens to like the game. I guess you are the self appointed pinball judge and jury on what constitutes a good game, right?
You dont like it... fine. We got the message the first time.

Whats the title of the thread?

this isnt the Ghostbusters appreciation thread or owners thread or lets price pump a terrible game thread.

Its what do you think of the game 5 years later... and I answered honestly.

Sorry that seems to bother you but Im not about to pretend its a good game..... It is cool looking if that makes you feel better?

#115 2 years ago

Never been much of an Elvis fan but I want to have a drink with this guy.

#116 2 years ago

this isnt the Ghostbusters appreciation thread or owners thread or lets price pump a terrible game thread.
Sorry that seems to bother you but Im not about to pretend its a good game..... It is cool looking if that makes you feel better?

It's a poll, comments are not required.

#117 2 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

It's a poll, comments are not required.

meaning what?

Owners can say its the game of the century but no one can say otherwise?

You guys are too funny.

#118 2 years ago

Every game has faults, just answering your question.

#119 2 years ago

Your highest rated game is WOZ which speaks for itself.
That clunkfest of a game is the poster child for terrible games with tons of stuff crammed in.
In comparison GB is a work of genius.

Theres flow in WOZ, just need to hit the shots Not every game can be just air in between ramps and orbits with little to no toys (thank goodness).

#120 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Theres flow in WOZ, just need to hit the shots

Correction: shot, singular. I'm pretty sure only the ramp returns the ball directly to a flipper, and even that's not 100% of the time.

#121 2 years ago
Quoted from yancy:

Correction: shot, singular. I'm pretty sure only the ramp returns the ball directly to a flipper, and even that's not 100% of the time.

If that's you count shots then a vast majority of pins have 2 lol. Personally I count shots as any shot that passes through or drops into something and WOZ beats a vast majority of them. Incredible game, a modern day TZ.

#122 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If that's you count shots then a vast majority of pins have 2. Personally I count shots as any shot that passes through or drops into something and WOZ beats a vast majority of them. Incredible game, a modern day TZ.

I'm sorry but WOZ sucks. I bought one brand spankin' new, loved the technology, liked Keefer's rules but even those couldn't save that clunkfest. Having to constantly hit the DT to get up top to bang away on the door (and hope the ball didn't bang through the door and require pulling the glass)... "how much wood can a Woz chop-chop, how much wood? way too much." Zero flow and the theme finally got on my last nerve, out it went.

#123 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If that's you count shots then a vast majority of pins have 2.

You said flow shots. Just off the top of my head, games I played in the last 24 hours:
AFM - 5
Maiden - 6
JP3 - 6 or 7 depending on right orbit diverter

#124 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I'm sorry but WOZ sucks. I bought one brand spankin' new, loved the technology, liked Keefer's rules but even those couldn't save that clunkfest. Having to constantly hit the DT to get up top to bang away on the door (and hope the ball didn't bang through the door and require pulling the glass)... "how much wood can a Woz chop-chop, how much wood? way too much." Zero flow and the theme finally got on my last nerve, out it went.

I'm sorry but WOZ is awesome. I also bought one brand spankin' new and still love it, as do the hundreds if not thousands of other buyers of the game Not every pin can be just air in between ramps and orbits with little to no toys (again thank goodness).

#125 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

I agree. My first two NIBs were GB and WOZ and GB flowed so much more and was more fun. WOZ had its moments like collecting that castle rescue gem was a challenge or killing witch but GB has so many more good moments and ripping the left ramp and slimer on Pro were just alot more fun then anything WOZ offered.

#126 2 years ago

WOZ is a great game if you love standup targets. I count at least 26, might have missed a couple. And don't forget rollover buttons! Seven of those bad boys. But hey, at least it's chock full of molded toys the ball never touches.

#127 2 years ago

Some people are still upset that a brand new pinball company laid the smack down on Stern with their very first game. When WOZ was released it reminded people that pinball companies could still make loaded pins...Stern just choose not to.

#128 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Some people are still upset that a brand new pinball company laid the smack down on Stern with their very first game. When WOZ was released it reminded people that pinball companies could still make loaded pins...Stern just choose not to.

Totally agree w/ this statement.
I bought a GBLE because it was the 1st Stern machine in ages that had some interactive stuff on the playfield.

Unfortunately, I only played 100 games on my LE. I fought w/ Stern for over a year before they finally decided that I qualified for a populated playfield replacement. That playfield was installed in October 2017. It has yet to have a single ball played on it.

#129 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh yeah, the whole 3 month "smackdown."

WOZ did indeed lower the price of Metallica by $500 or so. But, as soon as Stern saw what a clunky mess of RGB-board failure WOZ was, their price went *right* back up to normal on the next game, and has continued to go up ever since.

So yes, thank you Jack for helping me (eventually) get a MetLE a bit cheaper, but you can keep WOZ.

#130 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

That playfield was installed in October 2017. It has yet to have a single ball played on it.

And that is Stern's fault somehow? LOL play your game or sell it, no need to be a martyr over playfield ghosting.

#131 2 years ago
Quoted from metallik:

And that is Stern's fault somehow? LOL play your game or sell it, no need to be a martyr over playfield ghosting.

It will go up for sale eventually. I'm too busy with my other hobbies right now.

#132 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

Totally agree w/ this statement.
I bought a GBLE because it was the 1st Stern machine in ages that had some interactive stuff on the playfield.
Unfortunately, I only played 100 games on my LE. I fought w/ Stern for over a year before they finally decided that I qualified for a populated playfield replacement. That playfield was installed in October 2017. It has yet to have a single ball played on it.

So you fought for a year for a new populated play field, then got it, and never played it after.

That makes zero sense lolol.

#133 2 years ago

And now you are lucky to find one for sale, let alone below is original price. Facts.

#134 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

So you fought for a year for a new populated play field, then got it, and never played it after.

It makes sense if you care more about how valuable your machines are than having fun with them.

Indy... Why not sell me your game and then be free from the temptation to play it?

#135 2 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

It will go up for sale eventually. I'm too busy with my other hobbies right now

Definitely put this up for sale. Not only will you get your investment back but also a nice profit for your aggravation. In addition the game will get love from a new owner without the bad feeling history you understandably have with it. Win/win

#136 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

I have my reasons...I'll leave it at that.

#137 2 years ago

PHENOMENAL is the Premium, Topper is a must if you want the full experience, the center post mod,pinwoofer,HD Glass/Art Blades/Shaker/ will never sell, absolutely love my Ghostbusters!!!! If JJP Pirates is worth 30k, GB is worth 60k

8930151D-E77F-4CB6-89C6-AF7B35F1710E (resized).jpeg8930151D-E77F-4CB6-89C6-AF7B35F1710E (resized).jpeg
#138 2 years ago

Oh,and a color DMD, who the hell wants to watch a Red Slimer ???

#139 2 years ago

I changed my mind. This game is garbage...

Anyone who wants to jump from a sinking ship, let me know.

#140 2 years ago

It is one thing to state you don't care for a game. It is another to make condescending comments or nitpick at what others state about why they like a game.

You come off as some pinball god that has the final say on what makes a good game and what doesn't. Don't be a dick and stop trying to make yourself out to be some martyr now.

#141 2 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It makes sense if you care more about how valuable your machines are than having fun with them.
Indy... Why not sell me your game and then be free from the temptation to play it?

I get it, you want to sell with zero plays, but at one time you wanted a GB and now you have a nice one, so why bail?

#142 2 years ago

guys the game is really good if you put mods on it to make it playable lmfao. This game is a joke. IT STINKS

#143 2 years ago

What was Stern thinking putting so many toys and features in GB?! Magna Slings, a metal subway ramp that integrates into a physical ball lock, Ecto Goggles LCD toy, drop targets, two yes two captive ball mechs, moving Slimer mech, multiple 3D molds, two scoops. My goodness.

Just insane folks. I would have much preferred two basic ramps and orbits instead for $6k - $9k+. High flow for the win!

#144 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

What was Stern thinking putting so many toys and features in GB?! Magna Slings, a metal subway ramp that integrates into a physical ball lock, Ecto Goggles LCD toy, drop targets, two yes two captive ball mechs, moving Slimer mech, multiple 3D molds, two scoops. My goodness.
Just insane folks. I would have much preferred two basic ramps and orbits instead for $6k - $9k+. High flow for the win!

It would be cool if they made a game like that but then also didn't make it have awful shots, mediocre at best rules, and the worst bottom 3rd of a playfield in recent history.

#145 2 years ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

It would be cool if they made a game like that but then also didn't make it have awful shots, mediocre at best rules, and the worst bottom 3rd of a playfield in recent history.

Worst bottom 3rd playfield in recent memory? You mean GB has a bottom 3rd playfield with actual shots, mechs and molds versus literally nothing as seen on a vast majority of pins?

#146 2 years ago
Quoted from Beechwood:

And now you are lucky to find one for sale, let alone below is original price. Facts.

I can say that for pretty much every game over the last year.

Doesnt mean its a good game

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

They did what JJP does...

focus 80% of their resources on toys and and gadgets and pay next to no attention to the actual pinball design.

This results in a great looking but poor playing game which for lots of people is just fine because they still sell a ton of games.

#147 2 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Worst bottom 3rd playfield in recent memory? You mean GB has a bottom 3rd playfield with actual shots, mechs and molds versus literally nothing as seen on a vast majority of pins?

I'd rather have no shots than a grand canyon flipper gap, outlanes the ball flys over, magnaslings that toss the ball where you don't want it to go, and ramp that is the dumbest design ever. The other shots are fine down there though. big whoop.

#148 2 years ago

I can say that for pretty much every game over the last year.
Doesnt mean its a good game

They did what JJP does...
focus 80% of their resources on toys and and gadgets and pay next to no attention to the actual pinball design.
This results in a great looking but poor playing game which for lots of people is just fine because they still sell a ton of games.

Ghostbusters is hard but it's a very well designed game. It's far from just a bunch of toys on a wood board. Maybe it's not for everyone but clearly a majority of people love it as shown by the poll.

#149 2 years ago

One of my favorites. Love everything about it.

#150 2 years ago

GB pales in comparison to more recent Sterns (IMDN, DP, and AIQ come to mind). Flipper gap and TIGHT shots make this a very frustrating game as everyone knows. the art rocks, and the integration of theme is uncanny, but its straight up not very playable, even for experienced players.

great for operators though

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-five-years-later-poll-/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.