Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 90 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by robin
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Likey or no likey ?”

• Yea 39 votes
      75%
    • Nay 13 votes
      25%

(52 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.png
    screen-capture-14.png
    inbound-marketing-bad-form.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

And who are you?

A guy who knows the facts. Stern is NOT making a GB pin based on the new movie.

#52 8 years ago

this seems like a troll to me.... but a good troll.

#53 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

That's Rarehero I think.

You're right. It is.

#54 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This wasn't yours to post.
    However, it is legit... although possibly work-in-progress & not final.

Well we don't know if it's true
    Oh never mind I guess it is.

#55 8 years ago

No premium...for now, lol. Remember TWD.

#56 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

No premium...for now, lol. Remember TWD.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

#57 8 years ago

I thought SM re-release was next, followed by Ghostbusters according to rumors?

#58 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

A guy who knows the facts. Stern is NOT making a GB pin based on the new movie.

Great. It just goes against what they've done in the past, is all.

#59 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

ohh snap sh*t just got real

Not really. That artwork is "ok" at best. The faces are way off.

#60 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Great. It just goes against what they've done in the past, is all.

You're basing this on ONE game - WWE.

What Stern has done in the past when it comes to movies is to release something that's already successful and known. They don't do it the B/W way - making movie deals before the film is known to be a success or flop. That's how Congo, Johnny Mnemonic, Shadow, etc got made into pins. Stern doesn't work that way. Spider-Man, LOTR, Avengers, Iron Man, etc were only made after they were successful franchises w/ sequels. Ghostbusters'84 is a little different - but it's a known beloved franchise with massive retro nostalgia attached to it. GB'84 has a guaranteed built in fanbase. GB'16 does not. Plus, just look at it logically - they've been working on this game all year to announce in Feb. GB'16 doesn't come out till next summer. They're not going to release a movie based game BEFORE a movie comes out. That will NEVER happen.

#61 8 years ago
    Quoted from jdoz2:

Please just stop. You're about to get schooled.

I was clearly asking to be schooled. It just seems like a weird direction for Stern. I'm all for it, but I'm just not one to believe everything I see & hear.

#62 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

I was clearly asking to be schooled. It just seems like a weird direction for Stern. I'm all for it, but I'm just not one to believe everything I see & hear.

Why not? It's awesome.

#63 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

They're not going to release a movie based game BEFORE a movie comes out. That will NEVER happen.

Great! As I said above in regards to being schooled, I'm all for it. I'm just skeptical.

#65 8 years ago

lcd screen?

#66 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

Great! As I said above in regards to being schooled, I'm all for it. I'm just skeptical.

It has been known for months that original Ghostbusters was next pin.

The bigger question, is will it have color lcd?

#67 8 years ago
    Quoted from Barron:

This mofo just leaked the Pro art! How can you be skeptical!? It's right there! LOL

#68 8 years ago

looks great and gives hope that the whole playfield will be drawn and not photoshop - potentitally another Metallica custom art - this is a great thing

#69 8 years ago

I saw this tid bit at the end of the Stern Xmas video new display = possible lcd ?

screen-capture-14.pngscreen-capture-14.png

#70 8 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why not? It's awesome.

Because 8/10 times something that's too-good-to-be-true can be debunked with a quick Google image search. A real troll does not try too hard. No luck here.

#71 8 years ago

What a load of BS, everyone leaks stuff all over the place...so what, this ain't national security stuff. I maybe in the minority here but if get handed a pic of an upcoming game I'm posting the crap out of it...sheesh.

#72 8 years ago
    Quoted from kvan99:

What a load of BS, everyone leaks stuff all over the place...so what, this ain't national security stuff. I maybe in the minority here but if get handed a pic of an upcoming game I'm posting the crap out of it...sheesh.

i feel like you just garunteed yourself to never be in that position lol

#73 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

This mofo just leaked the Pro art! How can you be skeptical!? It's right there! LOL

Technically we didn't know it was real until you confirmed it

#74 8 years ago
    Quoted from InfiniteLives:

i feel like you just garunteed yourself to never be in that position lol

Don't be so sure....

#75 8 years ago

This was on Zombi Yeti Instagram today. It's been rumored for some time he's doing GB.

image.pngimage.png

#76 8 years ago

I have to say if that is the real art it looks awesome.

#77 8 years ago

I think if true, there is a lot to be excited about. The theme is just too cool, I'm hoping the playfield is not cookie cutter and I don't think it will be.

In regards to releasing the image, hey, we're all adults here, Stern has a ''vault'' if they really didn't want it released, they would have kept better guard on it.

To get all up in arms though, sheesh. Some of you remind me of being back in school when we passed around the Hustler in the boys bathroom. Some of us loved it, others ran and told the teachers.
    Shrugs.

#78 8 years ago

ZY is clutch. We all knew it was going to be awesome, and it is!

#79 8 years ago

Lets talk about this " no Lyman" business......truth? I was really hoping.

#80 8 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Thanks for the confirmation!

#81 8 years ago

Who is hoping for a Welvorine Stay Puff Marshmellow Man bash toy!?

It would honestly be awesome

#82 8 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

I think if true, there is a lot to be excited about. The theme is just too cool, I'm hoping the playfield is not cookie cutter and I don't think it will be.
    In regards to releasing the image, hey, we're all adults here, Stern has a ''vault'' if they really didn't want it released, they would have kept better guard on it.
    To get all up in arms though, sheesh. Some of you remind me of being back in school when we passed around the Hustler in the boys bathroom. Some of us loved it, others ran and told the teachers.
    Shrugs.

Its john trudeau so its bound to be as different as stern is comfortable with.

#83 8 years ago

All I know is that it better have this track:

#84 8 years ago
    Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

To get all up in arms though, sheesh...

Take it easy our you'll half to sit through 300 posts aboot the "plight of the graphic designer."

Quoted from jdoz2:

Its john trudeau so its bound to be as different as stern is comfortable with.

not been a good thing lately in many opinions.

#85 8 years ago

and this one:

OK it better have the whole f'n' soundtrack, it's half the movie

#86 8 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Take it easy our you'll half to sit through 300 posts aboot the "plight of the graphic designer."

not been a good thing lately in many opinions.

Mustang has a fine layout. WWE.... yeah. Hope he channels some of his bally/williams magic

#87 8 years ago

Wonder how much Heuy Lewis is going to make off this soundtrack

#88 8 years ago

This is not a title for me. Like the retro movie idea for the pin instead of new updated movie version. Those who are fans of the movies should be excited.

#89 8 years ago

Pinside staff is in the process of discussing this thread. We are closing it for now & hope you all understand.

#90 8 years ago

Update. Some might remember me posting this exact same thing a few months ago in another post: Creating a new Pinside account and immediately posting potential "company secrets" is not something I want Pinside to be a part of. Wether or not this is actual “leaked” imagery, concept art or maybe art submitted for licensor approval, it seems fairly likely that this was not meant to be posted publicly (yet).

There are 90 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-first-look/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.