Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you a God?”

• Yes 43 votes
    68%
  • No 20 votes
    32%

(63 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#126 5 years ago

I’d qualify the possible awards in Tobin’s Spirit Guide with the Slot Pops. Basically, as awards are collected in the Slot Pops they are added to the available options within Tobin’s Spirit Guide. Generally, they start out smaller and become progressively larger. While still random, it's a little more fair since you have to collect the better awards by shooting the ball into the pops. Additionally, the Slot Pops should still be used to relight Tobin's Spirit Guide (perhaps with each three qualified awards). It might also be fun for the qualified awards to become “stealable” features in non-tournament play, so if one player adds an award to the possible options, it is added for all players until someone collects that award.

#127 5 years ago

I'm not sure the modes need to be randomized. In fact, I would say they should not be randomized. You can already choose from three different ladders. The problem seems to be that the best strategy is to ALWAYS play the right ladder: Who Brought The Dog?, Spook Central, Gozer the Gozerian, and Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. You really want to get to Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Just balance the scoring and the players will be more free to choose their pathway though the game. One options would be to make the other ladders more rewarding. Do something with The Library insert after completing the first ladder and make The Ballroom, with Slimer, a more complex mode. This would also fix two of the common suggestions about the coding: "unused library insert" and "do more with Slimer". Also, if there were more points in We Came, We Saw, We Kicked It's..., which is available at the end of each ladder, you'll have a much more balanced risk / reward for choosing the shorter or longer pathways to get there.

EDIT: One additional options might be for each completed ladder to increase the value of the subsequent ladder(s). That way even though the four mode ladder is still the most lucrative on it's own, the best strategy for someone hoping to set a high score would be to save it until you beat the other two for maximum points.

1 week later
#143 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Anyone else have the feeling that with the rumors of Munsters getting an overhaul, the chance of a Ghostbusters code update is now pretty much non-existent?

Stern has repeatedly said they will be doing a code update. While I'm loosing faith in them, I am trusting Zombie Yeti. He say's it's coming and I don't see any motivation for him to make a false claim on his personal page. Overall, I'm really disappointed in Stern's attitude, which seems to blame or mock those that are complaining, instead of actually taking some responsibility. It's similar to my opinion of the Stern Party at Expo a few years back. I was expecting the vibe to be, "Thank you to all those who have supported us for all these years." Instead it was, quite literally, "Three cheers for us." Both examples, come across as rather arrogant, IMHO.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters code needs to be passed off to other programmers at Stern at this point. The wait has been beyond ridiculous.

I know very little about code. How easy would that be? Is code standardized so a new coder could look at it and immediately understand what and why everything is happening? At this point, I'm really hoping the delays are the result of years of work. The game could really shine with polished code.

2 months later
#151 4 years ago

So with the minimal update from Stern, can we start walking about more wish list items?

Spook Central
This is a great mode, but they really need to emphasize that it starts with a hurry-up shot. My preferred way of doing this would be to move the hurry-up to the right loop use display a cascade effect on the seven white inserts in front of that shot, similar to the start of We Came, We Saw, We Kicked Its... Shut down the other progress inserts during this period, so it's clear that this is an important shot. Also there needs to be some type of callout, letting you know that a hurry-up has started.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider lpeters82.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list?tu=lpeters82 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.