Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you a God?”

• Yes 43 votes
    68%
  • No 20 votes
    32%

(63 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidpinballwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#63 6 years ago

My Requests:

- adding "Are you a god" as a layer above everything a certain number of goals that should be reached throughout the game:
*complete all modes
*get 20 super jackpots
*a total value in terror dog hurry ups as a goal 100M and the same in gozer hurry ups and scoleri drops?
*pke level at minimum of xxx
*150 or 200 ghosts caught
*collect all gear
With a status info present and at each end of ball a status update towards this (like star wars)

- more variations in call outs used in to the modes
- pke frenzy jackpot multiplier add some info how it works (does it work correctly?)
- wizard mode bug fix:

- score balancing! fe: 10% of scores through mystery or skill shot changed to 5% of score OR
- outlane ball save by using the red flasher inserts. Linked for example to the hurry ups and scoleri's so the become an interesting goal
- slimer 2-ball multiball (when having collected all gear?)
- librarion insert
- less dark extra ball animation during multiball
- add shooter lane ball launch coil strength setting

I agree with some other suggestions here too:
- pke frenzy more rare. For example move it's skill shot to --> light outlane ball save
- better awards for the video mode negative re-enforcement as it's not played anymore
- remove switching on flippers reverse in mass hysteria (default: reversed all the time, but possible through settings to switch on captive ball or just off)

2 months later
#80 6 years ago

I think some titles have shifted in release order at Stern so the software guys are now unexpectedly working on a new title.
When that title is ready and released it will give some margin for GB or other updates at that time.

That is what's happening imho. So with patience it will come.

11 months later
#93 5 years ago

Important bug:
- start gozer the gozerian mode. Then start PKE frenzy. This results in overly bright flashers on the back panel and on the left ramp that are lit constantly. They go for example out on the extra ball animation but return when the extra ball animation is over. They also go out when you drain your ball. Have had this twice in the exact same situation.

Are you a god should be not that hard to implement and tie the game together:
- adding "Are you a god" as a layer above everything as a certain number of goals that should be reached throughout the game. The most important one and should be the game changer on strategic level:

* complete all modes (of course)

* get 25 super jackpots

* 150 or 200 ghosts caught

* get storage facility multiball super jackpot (but then carryover the progress of jackpots made between following storage facility multiballs if superjackpot wasn't made yet)

* a total value in terror dog hurry ups as a goal: 100M?

* the same in gozer hurry ups 100M?

* x nr of scoleri drop completions. Or every x completion a little 'battle'? Win the battle to qualify them.

* pke level at minimum of xxx

* collect all gear

With info present in the status report & also at each end of ball a status update towards this (like star wars)

Some of my ideas:

- a little more variations in call outs used in to the modes, though I know they follow the film really correct.

- pke frenzy jackpot multiplier: add some info how it works (does it work correctly?) or does it already show the mutiplied value on the display? How does an earlier build up pke level chime in here?

- wizard mode bug fix as shown here:

- score balancing!:

* 10% of scores through mystery or skill shot changed to 5% of score,

* increase successive left ramp shots in 'he slimed me' towards the cash in value

-I think the playfield multiplier build up is a little too hard now. The captive balls are a risky shot and it takes at least 3 hits (after a completed gear) to light 2x. In multiball it seems often more and certainly to go to 2x + 3x (6x). Now hitting the light multipliers skillshot succesfully in combination with a 3rd lock and a mode or a stay puft gives you mostly always an unbalanced score.

So I think that making progression on lighting the multipliers from the captive ball a little less hard would be better. For example always light everything on 3 captive ball hits (within the timed period) that is lit on the inserts.

So in Multiball you can focus on this too.

-Add outlane ball save by using the red flasher inserts. Linked for example to the hurry ups and/or scoleri's so they become an interesting goal instead of 'shot blocking drop targets'

- usage of librarion insert (hurry up nr 4?)

- shortened extra ball light show animation during multiball

- add shooter lane ball launch coil strength setting

- pke frenzy more rare. For example change it's skill shot to --> light outlane ball save

-I also have an idea towards a 'slimer multiball'. Now players focus extremely on the skill shot for mode start. Avoiding slimer.

Now when you do (have to) play slimer to qualify mode start lit and hit him you have a green slimed shot (which you can use for lighting superjackpots). Which I realy like. Also you have green slimed shots when completing he slimed me.

So for example qualifying for this mutliball could be to make enough green slimed shots (10?). When having made that 10 shots slimer lows and hit him to start multiball. In multiball you could toggle the up/down position so jackpots aren't available at all time and some funny animations/quotes. And you could use this mode to finish of a running mode, increase ghost count, light playfield multipliers on captive balls, ...

It would make players reconsider how to play modes (finish modes on a shot that doesn't start another mode), make other skillshots so slimer can be lit, etc... I think the main toy would really become the main toy this way and a really really fun addition. Also the left ramp mode ladder would be interesting too (getting slimed awards) vs the right valuable stay puft mode ladder.

Towards "are you a god" you could also need to qualify for slimer multiball.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Maybe try emailing them with those idea's on Rules and Bug's, I don't think they are going to be bothered reading from this thread.

I did and got positive feefback, was 1,5 year ago so it doesn't matter at this time.
All up to Dwight (or Stern) now and his team.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider davidpinballwizz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list?tu=davidpinballwizz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.