Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you a God?”

• Yes 43 votes
    68%
  • No 20 votes
    32%

(63 votes)

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Need to see the players scores when waiting for the next player to start their ball. Nice to know who is winning. Currently, it seems that it shows for 2 seconds every 2 minutes.

And when the game is over. You have to wait until after the match animation to see your score. I thought I was the only person cheesed about how hard it is to know your score. Glad to know its not just me.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I didn’t get that impression at all. Sounds like he put it on the card as a joke.

If it was a joke, it wouldn't be in the settings menu.

#103 5 years ago

I got the feeling from Dwight in his interview that he isn't really motivated to do much with GB, and frankly...he came off as a bit lazy sounding. I'm sure he will do what he is told, if he is told...but I didn't get the impression he sees many of the flaws that have been pointed out in this thread. Some of these super smart, technical/creative types have too much personal pride or arrogance to admit that their effort could use more than a minor tweak.

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I got the feeling from Dwight in his interview that he isn't really motivated to do much with GB, and frankly...he came off as a bit lazy sounding. I'm sure he will do what he is told, if he is told...but I didn't get the impression he sees many of the flaws that have been pointed out in this thread. Some of these super smart, technical/creative types have too much personal pride or arrogance to admit that their effort could use more than a minor tweak.

And therein lies the problem

For HUO games Lyman and JJP are becoming the only options

Dwight’s attitude is just different. On to the next

Hire some young coders to polish and take games to the next level

Cut and paste coding of Lonnie and Dwight isn’t good

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

I chuckle when I read people saying Vigo should be added to the Ecto Goggles. I did that myself months ago with Pinball Browser. Took the cat out and put Vigo in.
That said, I'm all for Stern doing this directly. Now that JT is gone from Stern, no reason to keep his cat in there. Repeal and Replace with Vigo!

Sounds like Carpathian kitten loss....!! He misses his kitten..!!! We'll just put one in by the castle....

#106 5 years ago

Fix the F'ing Skill Shot Cheat bug.

#107 5 years ago

I always see comments on wanting to be told when the flippers switch during mass hysteria multiball. A lot of people want the outlane lights to flash or something. Not sure if many people know this but the game does let you know when it is about to switch the flippers. You will hear a "Bing Bing Bing" sound. About 2 seconds after you hear that the flippers will change.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I always see comments on wanting to be told when the flippers switch during mass hysteria multiball. A lot of people want the outlane lights to flash or something. Not sure if many people know this but the game does let you know when it is about to switch the flippers. You will hear a "Bing Bing Bing" sound. About 2 seconds after you hear that the flippers will change.

That is true. But, I tend to tune out the sound when things are getting frantic so having a visual indicator on the playfield would be helpful.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Fix the F'ing Skill Shot Cheat bug.

what is it?

#110 5 years ago

This game needs so much help.
And Dwight calling it “Done” is not encouraging.
A fake Wizard mode that does nothing?
What the hell?

#111 5 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

yeah I have been told that but every time I miss it so everytime and miss it everytime when the mode finishes and lose balls and often the game.

Would be nice for the lights in the outlanes to go solid as then you definitely know. You would think that would be hard to program - when flippers swap these go 2 inserts light up.

As for the outlanes insert what do they do now, notice the rhs goes on and off more than the lhs but still haven't worked out the main function of these.

#112 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

have to agree and put me off getting Munsters until I get to play it and see what people think of the rules, as I was disappointed with Dwight's responses in the interview and that he contradicted himself on a number of occasions in that it was finished but needed things fixed / was messy. Wonder if he has had too much of a break from the game and now could not be bothered.

#113 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I hear ya there. About 8-10 months ago Keith Johnson said some similar things on the Head2Head pinball podcast in regards to the state of code for The Hobbit. Keith said he was happy with some things about the code but admitted that others were not. Did JJP just say "no the game is mostly complete". Hell no, they went through and addressed pretty much every code issue people had with the game and on top of that expanded / polished the game even further with several additional code updates.

Your move Stern.

#114 5 years ago

How about someone here organizes a list of exactly what we think needs to be changed...I will print it out and mail it to Gary Stern with a 12 pack of the best double IPA's I can find (his favorite). A bit of a peace offering with a side dish of begging, if you will.

1 week later
#115 5 years ago

One of the things I think GB would really benefit from is more iconic callouts from the films. A lot of the best ones are buried deep in modes while much more common events (terror dog and gozer hurry-ups, bashing slimer) don’t have any callouts.

Here are some ideas. Would love to see what you guys think. I’m pretty sure Stern reads this thread.

Callouts when you hit Slimer.

Ray: actual physical contact!
Venkman: they hate this
Venkman: mother pus bucket!
Ray: ugly little spud isn’t he
Venkman: maybe now you’ll never slime a guy with a positron collider huh?
Ray: well that wasn’t such a chore now was it?
Ray: you got ‘em! (This is from GB2)

Gozer hurry up:
Venkman: let’s show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.
Venkman: alright this chick is TOAST
Egon: it’s gozer. Venkman: go get her Ray!

Gear collect
Winston “we have the tools, we have the talent.”
Venkman “Why worry? each one of us is carrying an unlicensed nuclear accelerator on his back.”

Tilt warning or maybe a drain: what did you do ray?!

Ball lock:
Ray: light is green, trap is clean
Ray: ghost is incarcerated here in our custom made storage facility.

Other iconic lines that I wish were in there:
Ray: listen! You smell something?
Venkman: I love this plan. I’m excited to be part of it. Let’s do it!

#116 5 years ago

Hmmm... I own GB Premium and here this all the time.

Ray: listen! You smell something?

#117 5 years ago

Really? When?

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Really? When?

I'm not sure when, but that is repeated a lot.

#119 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I'm not sure when, but that is repeated a lot.

I think it is certain hits to the Symmetrical Book Stacking captive ball.

#120 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Really? When?

It happens randomly on mine too. Not sure what triggers it. I also think it might be in the attract mode when you hit a flipper button.

2 weeks later
#121 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

Also, I'm in favor of letting you pick from any of the modes in the tree and not having a linear order every time.
This game just needs some tweaks and polish. Not a bunch of brand new stuff.

This would require a recalculation of scoring for "Stay Puft". Everyone would choose that mode as their first due to the insane amount of points it awards. Giving you the option, and Maybe not allowing the final mode in each ladder to be a choice is a great option.

#122 5 years ago

It just needs to be MORE BUSY like Star Wars so much going on ,the game feels full. Gb not much.
It’s like the hobbit b4 it was complete.
I will say Dwight has the creativity and the skills but he’s gotta want to.

#123 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

This would require a recalculation of scoring for "Stay Puft". Everyone would choose that mode as their first due to the insane amount of points it awards. Giving you the option, and Maybe not allowing the final mode in each ladder to be a choice is a great option.

This is a great idea. The final mode would always be last, but being able to choose the order of the others would definitely freshen things up.

#124 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

This is a great idea. The final mode would always be last, but being able to choose the order of the others would definitely freshen things up.

totally agree if you can do any of the ladder modes that would give the game more variety and dwight could even add a bit of hidden strategy in there as well

#125 5 years ago

Hmmm, checking in a year later.

I don't blame Dwight, i blame Stern. Get the "junior coders" to take it from where it is now to finished up.

It's BS that these updates keep getting delayed, especially on such a popular game. Hire more coders.

Wouldn't you think after all the PF issues GB had and the agony it caused with customers they would prioritize getting code done?

1 month later
#126 4 years ago

I’d qualify the possible awards in Tobin’s Spirit Guide with the Slot Pops. Basically, as awards are collected in the Slot Pops they are added to the available options within Tobin’s Spirit Guide. Generally, they start out smaller and become progressively larger. While still random, it's a little more fair since you have to collect the better awards by shooting the ball into the pops. Additionally, the Slot Pops should still be used to relight Tobin's Spirit Guide (perhaps with each three qualified awards). It might also be fun for the qualified awards to become “stealable” features in non-tournament play, so if one player adds an award to the possible options, it is added for all players until someone collects that award.

#127 4 years ago

I'm not sure the modes need to be randomized. In fact, I would say they should not be randomized. You can already choose from three different ladders. The problem seems to be that the best strategy is to ALWAYS play the right ladder: Who Brought The Dog?, Spook Central, Gozer the Gozerian, and Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. You really want to get to Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Just balance the scoring and the players will be more free to choose their pathway though the game. One options would be to make the other ladders more rewarding. Do something with The Library insert after completing the first ladder and make The Ballroom, with Slimer, a more complex mode. This would also fix two of the common suggestions about the coding: "unused library insert" and "do more with Slimer". Also, if there were more points in We Came, We Saw, We Kicked It's..., which is available at the end of each ladder, you'll have a much more balanced risk / reward for choosing the shorter or longer pathways to get there.

EDIT: One additional options might be for each completed ladder to increase the value of the subsequent ladder(s). That way even though the four mode ladder is still the most lucrative on it's own, the best strategy for someone hoping to set a high score would be to save it until you beat the other two for maximum points.

#128 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Hmmm, checking in a year later.
I don't blame Dwight, i blame Stern. Get the "junior coders" to take it from where it is now to finished up.
It's BS that these updates keep getting delayed, especially on such a popular game. Hire more coders.
Wouldn't you think after all the PF issues GB had and the agony it caused with customers they would prioritize getting code done?

You sure would think so!

#129 4 years ago

Just tell me my score! It is amazing that it is so hard to figure out your score during balls, but especially in between balls. Seems like pinball 101 - I can't believe that this has never been addressed.

#130 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballmlb:

Just tell me my score! It is amazing that it is so hard to figure out your score during balls, but especially in between balls. Seems like pinball 101 - I can't believe that this has never been addressed.

Have you tried holding a flipper down? Seem to recall that you can get your score with the "instant info" feature, but I'd have to double check.

#131 4 years ago

Yes, you can, but that takes a couple of seconds. The game should automatically show the scores of all players between balls. I’ve never seen another game that doesn’t.

#132 4 years ago

yes...seeing the score while you play makes it easier to understand how the game is played....I have always been bothered by this

#133 4 years ago

Cmon Dwight. Get your act together and finish this code. This game could be a real gem.

#134 4 years ago

- wish they added some sort of clear identifier for the flipper swap maybe triggering the outlane red inserts so you knew they were swapped or at least an option in the menu to turn off the flipper swap as always lose balls at the start and finish of this multiball

- have a cool mode for the library insert like suggested above

- would be cool if the 3 PKE inserts under the building charged up the proton pack and did or offered something, double scoring for a period or a ball save and lit up the out lanes as a indicator for the active ball save.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

- would be cool if the 3 PKE inserts under the building charged up the proton pack and did or offered something, double scoring for a period or a ball save and lit up the out lanes as a indicator for the active ball save.

maybe build up to an outlane ball save? hit them X times to light an outlane ball save that alternates with the flipper buttons. red flashers could indicate ball save ready

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

maybe build up to an outlane ball save? hit them X times to light an outlane ball save that alternates with the flipper buttons. red flashers could indicate ball save ready

Love the ball save idea! Good use for the unused inserts!

#137 4 years ago

Yeah this game could use an outlane ball save for sure. Good idea!

#138 4 years ago

make Scolari brothers a hurry up to go with gozer and terror dog. plus add in a librarian hurry up. complete hurry ups to collect them and light their insert solid.

Collect all hurryups to start Slimer MB

#139 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

make Scolari brothers a hurry up to go with gozer and terror dog. plus add in a librarian hurry up. complete hurry ups to collect them and light their insert solid.
Collect all hurryups to start Slimer MB

I like this too. Whatever they do, they need to eliminate the Scolari pop bumper "award" (penalty) from the game. This idea makes a new use for the targets.

#140 4 years ago

Anyone else have the feeling that with the rumors of Munsters getting an overhaul, the chance of a Ghostbusters code update is now pretty much non-existent?

#141 4 years ago

A mode called thanks for filling this cashbox!

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Anyone else have the feeling that with the rumors of Munsters getting an overhaul, the chance of a Ghostbusters code update is now pretty much non-existent?

Just even more delayed.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern has repeatedly said they will be doing a code update. While I'm loosing faith in them, I am trusting Zombie Yeti. He say's it's coming and I don't see any motivation for him to make a false claim on his personal page. Overall, I'm really disappointed in Stern's attitude, which seems to blame or mock those that are complaining, instead of actually taking some responsibility. It's similar to my opinion of the Stern Party at Expo a few years back. I was expecting the vibe to be, "Thank you to all those who have supported us for all these years." Instead it was, quite literally, "Three cheers for us." Both examples, come across as rather arrogant, IMHO.

#144 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I have an feeling that Dwight did this whole Munsters code story on purpose. So he doesn't have to work on GB for an even longer time...

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Cmon Dwight. Get your act together and finish this code. This game could be a real gem.

Ghostbusters code needs to be passed off to other programmers at Stern at this point. The wait has been beyond ridiculous.

#146 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ghostbusters code needs to be passed off to other programmers at Stern at this point. The wait has been beyond ridiculous.

I know very little about code. How easy would that be? Is code standardized so a new coder could look at it and immediately understand what and why everything is happening? At this point, I'm really hoping the delays are the result of years of work. The game could really shine with polished code.

#147 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I know very little about code. How easy would that be? Is code standardized so a new coder could look at it and immediately understand what and why everything is happening? At this point, I'm really hoping the delays are the result of years of work. The game could really shine with polished code.

I would say as long as Dwight did good documentation of changes, adds, and deletes in the code, another programmer who knows the software should be able to pick up where he left off without much of a problem.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

I would say as long as Dwight did good documentation of changes, adds, and deletes in the code, another programmer who knows the software should be able to pick up where he left off without much of a problem.

Yup. Stern has had other programmers help out a leads code multiple times in the past. Dwight seems like an awesome guy but I just don't hear or feel the passion from him when talking about Ghostbusters code.

The theme and the customers who spent thousands of dollars on the game deserve to have the code completed by someone passionate about the theme / game. I hope that's Dwight but if not let someone else work on it already as it's been 27+ months since the last update. Hearing Dwight recently say he's not sure whether or not an "Are you a God" is coming is the complete opposite of being passionate.

#149 4 years ago

I really enjoyed my GB Premium. But got tired of waiting for code update, so sold it last week. This pin could be a great game with polished code. As others have mentioned, I will never buy another pin coded by Dwight.

#150 4 years ago

Yes very Disapointed bought NIB and not making that mistake again !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
7,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.