Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you a God?”

• Yes 43 votes
    68%
  • No 20 votes
    32%

(63 votes)

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.
#51 6 years ago

i do like the idea of making the modes easier to start. 4-5 shots just to start a mode is too many on a game this drainy. (ghost target, 2-3 slimer hits, mode insert)

#52 6 years ago

I would really like some additional topper integration. I bought the topper and while I think it is awesome, I do think it is underutilized. I think it should be activated whenever you hit the spinner since that is the siren and ecto light anyway. Also the mode when you are driving ecto one to the hotel, it should run the entire time, not just at the beginning and when you make a shot. Absolutely love the game. It is a definite keeper for me.

#53 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Oh, and I really wish we could get rid of the linear modes. I'm not sure this counts as "final tweak" worthy but playing the same modes over and over gets old.

It wouldn't work. The scenes are built as very basic to begin with and each next one is progressively more complex.

Quoted from Schwaggs:

I guess the next best option would be to make it easier to progress through the modes.

Just let the timer run out... How can it be possibly more easier?

Quoted from Schwaggs:

For example, on the super easy setting, make it easier to start modes in addition to easier to finish each mode. Maybe automatically qualify the start-mode function (removing having to hit slimer 3 times or making the skill shot). This would make the game more fun for casual players.

Scenes can already automatically start if you shoot the next appropriate shot. If not, they are lit when you finish whatever scene you were playing.

Why is basically neutering the game going to make it more fun for casual players? The game is hard because of the flipper gap and weird shot geometry. Simplifying rules even further isn't going to help. There has been quite a few tweaks already made to the game to make it easier for new players.

Rob

#54 6 years ago

Lighting modes needs an easier way to happen. The current method of hitting the Ghost target, slime, and hitting Slimer seems like a great way to get into a simple2-ball MB. Here’s what I would do:

Progress carries ball to ball. Spell GHOST to get slimed, which lights 3 random shots green. Collect those and Slimer drops. Hit him to start the MB. In the MB you have one green shot light. Collect that and Slimer drops. Hit him to collect the Slimer jackpot. Next round two green inserts. Continue in and on. After the second or third round, add-a-ball lights.

To light modes, I don’t know. Make the player hit all three mode shots and then they start to pulse to start the next one you hit.

#55 6 years ago

I chuckle when I read people saying Vigo should be added to the Ecto Goggles. I did that myself months ago with Pinball Browser. Took the cat out and put Vigo in.

That said, I'm all for Stern doing this directly. Now that JT is gone from Stern, no reason to keep his cat in there. Repeal and Replace with Vigo!

#56 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinballflare:

I would really like some additional topper integration. I bought the topper and while I think it is awesome, I do think it is underutilized. I think it should be activated whenever you hit the spinner since that is the siren and ecto light anyway. Also the mode when you are driving ecto one to the hotel, it should run the entire time, not just at the beginning and when you make a shot. Absolutely love the game. It is a definite keeper for me.

Great suggestions. The Ghostbusters topper is pretty damn cool but its a shame its used so sparingly. The adjustments you suggested would be great to see in the game.

#57 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Great suggestions. The Ghostbusters topper is pretty damn cool but its a shame its used so sparingly. The adjustments you suggested would be great to see in the game.

It's going to need something more to get me to spend 500 bucks on a topper

#58 6 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's going to need something more to get me to spend 500 bucks on a topper

I hear ya there, pricing on the thing is just nuts. For $500 there should have been two real rotating beacon lights on the thing as well as a functioning siren. Since Stern is charging $500 for the topper the least they can do is fully support it through code. Heck, make 3 adjustments for topper use (low, medium and high) that is based on how often its used.

#59 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya there, pricing on the thing is just nuts. For $500 there should have been two real rotating beacon lights on the thing as well as a functioning siren. Since Stern is charging $500 for the topper the least they can do is fully support it through code. Heck, make 3 adjustments for topper use (low, medium and high) that is based on how often its used.

The GB game was $5000 when I bought it. The least they could do is fully support it through code. .

I keed. I know it’s going to be and Dwight has a good history in my books.

1 week later
#60 6 years ago

I am kinda surprised that a final code is coming out. I just figured there would be more releases but I am a novice on buying new. I think the topper does bother me too and my friends are frustrated with lack of an easier multi ball but because i play it more i dont think the multi ball is that much of an issue. Also it should be hard because once you get that multi ball you rocket right up to 100 ghosts and you got hysteria. I like to have it just for the folks that still have issues figuring out the machine. My 5 year old gets it with the ease but he is on it a lot.

Sorry for going off topic--Not sure if anyone noticed but Super Chexx finally came out with new electronics--its called the pro. I just ordered one, they just became available 2 weeks. New LCD board looks cool

1 week later
#61 6 years ago

Some really cool ideas here hope some of them make it into the next code and also let’s hope it will not be the last one since this game is one of the best out there.
I’m fine with the “linear” modes as they progressively get harder. But if you look at it closer, they aren’t really linear anyway since you can start three different ones if you wish. How about Aerosmith. That’s linear too since you need to start certain modes to start with to get a decent score (strategy) going. Plus I can’t hear the songs no longer after playing it for one night. So is any other game linear in a way then.
What I like to see is that every mode gives you something special within the mode that want you to play it in certain situations/strategies. For instance Spooked Librarian will light the spinner insert red, after a few shots, for one shot to increase the super jackpot value by 100k per spin and since the super jackpot value carries over from ball to ball, this is something I always go for early in the game. I just love this idea.
Let’s hope the code is going to be good. My GBP will never leave my house.
So much great stuff in it. The PKE shot is so satisfying when you hit it! Like NGG the hole in one. There need to be difficult shots in a Pinball. Dialled in is just too easy. You get the left ramp every time, doesn’t matter how bad you hit it of the flipper.

#62 6 years ago

I hope this update comes out soon. I'm thinking it would be a great Christmas present for us GB owners!

#63 6 years ago

My Requests:

- adding "Are you a god" as a layer above everything a certain number of goals that should be reached throughout the game:
*complete all modes
*get 20 super jackpots
*a total value in terror dog hurry ups as a goal 100M and the same in gozer hurry ups and scoleri drops?
*pke level at minimum of xxx
*150 or 200 ghosts caught
*collect all gear
With a status info present and at each end of ball a status update towards this (like star wars)

- more variations in call outs used in to the modes
- pke frenzy jackpot multiplier add some info how it works (does it work correctly?)
- wizard mode bug fix:

- score balancing! fe: 10% of scores through mystery or skill shot changed to 5% of score OR
- outlane ball save by using the red flasher inserts. Linked for example to the hurry ups and scoleri's so the become an interesting goal
- slimer 2-ball multiball (when having collected all gear?)
- librarion insert
- less dark extra ball animation during multiball
- add shooter lane ball launch coil strength setting

I agree with some other suggestions here too:
- pke frenzy more rare. For example move it's skill shot to --> light outlane ball save
- better awards for the video mode negative re-enforcement as it's not played anymore
- remove switching on flippers reverse in mass hysteria (default: reversed all the time, but possible through settings to switch on captive ball or just off)

3 weeks later
#64 6 years ago

Star Wars 1.0 code was released today so its very possible that code development for Ghostbusters final update has started or at least is going to start soon.

#65 6 years ago

Yes! Less dark Extra Ball sequence when the ball isn't in a scoop. I often drain when the ball is on the playfield during the EB sequence.

#66 6 years ago

My suggestions from another post...

"I just picked up a Ghostbusters Pro, but have played the game a ton. I like the game, it is super loaded and there is a lot to do. The theme integration is fantastic from the call outs to the video clips to the playfield...everything Star Wars should have been. The game is challenging and keeps me coming back for more. The game is all there, but needs polishing. Things I would change are...

*Scoring needs to be balanced. Lower values for Stay Puft, he is way to valuable as he sits. You can hit shots for 300 million plus over and over.

*Don't just start a mode on the last shot of previous mode. You should have to shoot slimer/ghost target to relight modes or have the ball stop at the scoop/up post/storage facility and ask if you want to start that mode like in GOT/Star Wars/Etc. At the very least you should have to shoot 1 more shot to start the next mode as it sits your last mode shot is actually worth two shots since it finishes the current mode and starts the next mode too.

*Make the gear targets do something. There should be some mode or something to do with collecting individual gear, not just building up value on the ramp and hitting the targets to collect.

*Fix the flipper switch issue in Mass Hysteria. I almost always drain out of Mass Hysteria because you never know when the flippers are finally going to switch back when the mode ends. After draining down to 1 ball in Mass Hysteria, the game should lock up, drain the remaining ball and then auto plunge to keep going to prevent this.

*Complete / Add Wizard Mode. Right now "We're Ready to Believe You" is basically worthless. For a main wizard mode, it should be much more important/valuable. It needs some fan fare and more valuable shots. Either this should be completed and/or "Are You A God" should be added as the final wizard mode.

*Fix scoring bugs. Often the scoring awards the game shows are not accurate. You can often be the new Gozer Champ too with more score for just Gozer than you even got during the game.

*Make the ESP video mode worth choosing. Give it some skill characteristic instead of blind luck. As it sits, 60 million for Don't Cross the Streams is always the way to go making ESP totally irrelevant.

*Make it so you can't just time out Ballroom, Back Off Man and Gozer. Those modes are hard and there is no reason to play them fully because they are not worth a ton of points and the shots can be risky. I would make the progress in these modes carry over and make you play the mode until you complete it so you can't just time your way out of it to We Came We Saw and Stay Puft.

*Don't make the Scoleri Bros an award...they are a punishment. Often the targets don't drop on a direct shot and they block 2 major mode shots in the game. They should be used as a punishment or factored into a mode specifically instead.

*I would use Slimer more and even the books captive ball shot. Right now, he has one mode where you shoot him once to collect the point value. He is the main toy in the game, so he could be used much more in other modes or in some way besides just lighting shots/relighting the mode start shots. The captive ball as it sits is never intentionally shot for, it could be incorporated as a mode shot or in some additional way to make it more useful, maybe something similar to Bumblebee in Transformers."

I would also add, make the Librarian insert do something. Maybe you have to hit the book captive ball so many times and then the librarian scoop or something along those lines since they are related in the movie. Also, the rules/scoring on SFMB could be improved.

#67 6 years ago

I love this game but my thoughts are:

- allow the flipper swap in mass hysteria to be able to be turned off, and if turned on there should be a cool loud call out "reverse flippers" and at the end "normal flippers" - one of the most frustrating things in this game when you don't know when the flippers swap on or off - kills a game almost everytime.

- have the red inserts in the lhs and rhs outlanes stay red and on and solid if there is a ball save active maybe from collecting gear

- a mode for librarian as maybe the third mission after the first 2 modes on that ladder

- when hitting slimer use the ghost lights as a indicator of how many shots left to hit - at the moment they just scroll....
easy setting could be the first 3 are already lit - then needing 2 more hits
medium setting could be the first 2 are already lit - then needing 3 more hits
hard setting could be the first 1 are already lit - then needing 4 more hits
tournament setting could be the first 3 are already lit - then needing 2 more hits

- kill the cheat for mode select on the rhs ladder on ball launch

- a cool light show and rules for the final wizard mode

- maybe some cool awards if you complete each ladder in order from left to right - "Ghost Catching Master Award" gets a "x" millions

- maybe in a mass hysteria or a new multiball - points are deducted when going into the pops or if you hit certain targets - maybe flash those arrows "orange" of something.....

#68 6 years ago

If I was a GB owner, the only update on my wish list would be to have a full color DMD.

#69 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

If I was a GB owner, the only update on my wish list would be to have a full color DMD.

once the code is done I am sure colordmd will do it in the near future

#70 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

once the code is done I am sure colordmd will do it in the near future

It has already been announced that it is in the works.

#71 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

It has already been announced that it is in the works.

cool, that will be my first colordmd

#72 6 years ago

Actually, if you buy the GOT ColorDMD now, it will come with everything you need to connect up the Sigma display so you can choose any color you want the display to be while you wait for the full color file to be released.

#73 6 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

cool, that will be my first colordmd

Are the Color DMD mounts compatible with the newer Stern machines? I’ve installed one in my RBION and my JP before. Have they made one that works with newer Node board sterns?

#74 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Are the Color DMD mounts compatible with the newer Stern machines? I’ve installed one in my RBION and my JP before. Have they made one that works with newer Node board sterns?

Yes, they just officially announced Game of Thrones, I have had one in my GB since I first got it, just set to a solid color right now, in preparation

1 week later
#75 6 years ago

I was hoping since Stern posted a pic of a GB pin next to a Christmas tree on their Instagram feed it meant a code update was imminent. Would of been an awesome Christmas gift! Hopefully soon

#76 6 years ago

There's still a software problem tied to the librarian scoop with the game resetting, and it's not the low-power node board condition because when it happens, it's polite enough to tell you "resetting game" on the display. The low-power node board issue just reboots abruptly.

#77 6 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I was hoping since Stern posted a pic of a GB pin next to a Christmas tree on their Instagram feed it meant a code update was imminent. Would of been an awesome Christmas gift! Hopefully soon

I think its going to be at least a few months for the update, hopefully a large one, to drop. Stern said once Star Wars is completed that they would start working on a final code update for Star Wars. Star Wars 1.0 was just released a couple weeks ago and Stern hinted that Star Wars was wrapping up in the last Stern of the Union address. We should know more come next Tuesday for January's Stern of the Union update.

1 month later
#79 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

any news on this...?

Well, Trudeau's court date was continued AGAIN, this time to 2-5-18, so maybe Stern is waiting until he gets acquitted or is sentenced at this rate...

#80 6 years ago

I think some titles have shifted in release order at Stern so the software guys are now unexpectedly working on a new title.
When that title is ready and released it will give some margin for GB or other updates at that time.

That is what's happening imho. So with patience it will come.

#81 6 years ago

Dwight just got done with Star Wars. Anyone expecting a GB update to quickly follow is going to be dissipointed.

I'm guessing March at the earliest.

If it drops before then I'll be happy to eat my hat and do cartwheels.

4 months later
#82 5 years ago

More code wishes:

- There should be a way to adjust the length of when a mode times out. I currently set the modes so they do not automatically advance after timing out, so you have to earn them (I forget the name of that option setting). But "Back Off Man" never lasts long enough for me.

- A manually controlled method to activate the slingshot magnets on Pro/LE to save STDM drains, kind of like Magnasave. It could be activated by flipping both flippers at the same time when the feature is charged.

- Some control of magnet action types (a pipe dream). Really hate it when the magnets throw the ball down the center drain, which loses its cuteness after too many times.

1 month later
#83 5 years ago

I just bought this machine and while I enjoy it as is, I'd love to see it taken to the next level. With that being said I've been thinking about things that, in my opinion, would make the game better.

I have a bunch of ideas but one is to use the right captive ball more.
The short version:

hit the right captive ball enough times to start 1 of 4 hurry-ups: Scoleri, Terror Dog, Gozer, and the Librarian. After completing/Collecting all 4, captive ball would start a 2 ball multiball with jackpots at hurryups, double jackpot at captive ball after collecting all regular jackpots, and repeat.

I've got more, but I may have overdone it playing pinball designer. haha.

5 months later
#84 5 years ago

bringing this one back to life as hopefully dwight will read.

- the red outlane inserts need to stay lit when in the flippers swap and turn off when it goes back to regular, man I drain so often, as it is hard to determine when you are in that mode or not.

#85 5 years ago

Need to see the players scores when waiting for the next player to start their ball. Nice to know who is winning. Currently, it seems that it shows for 2 seconds every 2 minutes.

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Need to see the players scores when waiting for the next player to start their ball. Nice to know who is winning. Currently, it seems that it shows for 2 seconds every 2 minutes.

It’s more like 10-15 secs, but does take a while.

#87 5 years ago

Please make WARTBY worth getting to.

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

This game should've been LCD. It shouldn't be so hard to figure out what your score is.

#89 5 years ago

I like the ideas that Dwight talked about in last weeks Head2Head pinball podcast interview. I just hope that an "Are You a God" wizard mode is added as it sounds like Dwight is on the fence about adding it. The mode is advertised on the instruction card (and has a menu adjustment), if it's not included that comes across as false advertising for owners who were expecting it to be there.

#90 5 years ago

I’m not even sure he’s on the fence about “Are You a God...” in the podcast episode it sounded like he doesn’t intend on doing it. Don’t get me wrong, I think Dwight is awesome, but I don’t understand his disconnect on this. It’s obvious why players want and expect it.

#91 5 years ago

Video mode should max out at 15 million.

This 60 million business is absolutely ridiculous.

Video modes aren't supposed to ruin games they are just supposed to be cute little point getters.

#92 5 years ago

I'd rather Dwight polish up We came we saw and We're ready to believe you, along with the rest of the game being "messy" with too many things stacking rather than to add another wizard mode.

One thing GB is missing is a big risk/reward or press-your-luck style rule. Ideas for this:

1. Have point totals for modes banked. "Are you a god?" is qualified each time you finish a mode and when you hit a shot that can hold the ball you're asked. Pick "yes" and you have XX seconds to hit a random shot. If you do, you get your bank on a 2x multiplier (could be a sliding multiplier based on how many modes you've played before collecting it. Pick "no" and collect the points at 1x. Cancel out of it to leave your points banked so that you can stack more mode scores. It doesn't make total sense but they could use the librarian insert to signify when this choice is active.

2. Allow the player to cancel storage facility MB start. The more ghosts you have collected before starting = the bigger your jackpots. Ghosts reset on each ball. When you start the multiball, you're chasing all of the ghosts that got out. Collect all of them for a big super jackpot.

Also, I'm in favor of letting you pick from any of the modes in the tree and not having a linear order every time.

This game just needs some tweaks and polish. Not a bunch of brand new stuff.

#93 5 years ago

Important bug:
- start gozer the gozerian mode. Then start PKE frenzy. This results in overly bright flashers on the back panel and on the left ramp that are lit constantly. They go for example out on the extra ball animation but return when the extra ball animation is over. They also go out when you drain your ball. Have had this twice in the exact same situation.

Are you a god should be not that hard to implement and tie the game together:
- adding "Are you a god" as a layer above everything as a certain number of goals that should be reached throughout the game. The most important one and should be the game changer on strategic level:

* complete all modes (of course)

* get 25 super jackpots

* 150 or 200 ghosts caught

* get storage facility multiball super jackpot (but then carryover the progress of jackpots made between following storage facility multiballs if superjackpot wasn't made yet)

* a total value in terror dog hurry ups as a goal: 100M?

* the same in gozer hurry ups 100M?

* x nr of scoleri drop completions. Or every x completion a little 'battle'? Win the battle to qualify them.

* pke level at minimum of xxx

* collect all gear

With info present in the status report & also at each end of ball a status update towards this (like star wars)

Some of my ideas:

- a little more variations in call outs used in to the modes, though I know they follow the film really correct.

- pke frenzy jackpot multiplier: add some info how it works (does it work correctly?) or does it already show the mutiplied value on the display? How does an earlier build up pke level chime in here?

- wizard mode bug fix as shown here:

- score balancing!:

* 10% of scores through mystery or skill shot changed to 5% of score,

* increase successive left ramp shots in 'he slimed me' towards the cash in value

-I think the playfield multiplier build up is a little too hard now. The captive balls are a risky shot and it takes at least 3 hits (after a completed gear) to light 2x. In multiball it seems often more and certainly to go to 2x + 3x (6x). Now hitting the light multipliers skillshot succesfully in combination with a 3rd lock and a mode or a stay puft gives you mostly always an unbalanced score.

So I think that making progression on lighting the multipliers from the captive ball a little less hard would be better. For example always light everything on 3 captive ball hits (within the timed period) that is lit on the inserts.

So in Multiball you can focus on this too.

-Add outlane ball save by using the red flasher inserts. Linked for example to the hurry ups and/or scoleri's so they become an interesting goal instead of 'shot blocking drop targets'

- usage of librarion insert (hurry up nr 4?)

- shortened extra ball light show animation during multiball

- add shooter lane ball launch coil strength setting

- pke frenzy more rare. For example change it's skill shot to --> light outlane ball save

-I also have an idea towards a 'slimer multiball'. Now players focus extremely on the skill shot for mode start. Avoiding slimer.

Now when you do (have to) play slimer to qualify mode start lit and hit him you have a green slimed shot (which you can use for lighting superjackpots). Which I realy like. Also you have green slimed shots when completing he slimed me.

So for example qualifying for this mutliball could be to make enough green slimed shots (10?). When having made that 10 shots slimer lows and hit him to start multiball. In multiball you could toggle the up/down position so jackpots aren't available at all time and some funny animations/quotes. And you could use this mode to finish of a running mode, increase ghost count, light playfield multipliers on captive balls, ...

It would make players reconsider how to play modes (finish modes on a shot that doesn't start another mode), make other skillshots so slimer can be lit, etc... I think the main toy would really become the main toy this way and a really really fun addition. Also the left ramp mode ladder would be interesting too (getting slimed awards) vs the right valuable stay puft mode ladder.

Towards "are you a god" you could also need to qualify for slimer multiball.

#94 5 years ago

Maybe try emailing them with those idea's on Rules and Bug's, I don't think they are going to be bothered reading from this thread.

#95 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I just hope that an "Are You a God" wizard mode is added as it sounds like Dwight is on the fence about adding it.

I didn’t get that impression at all. Sounds like he put it on the card as a joke.

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Maybe try emailing them with those idea's on Rules and Bug's, I don't think they are going to be bothered reading from this thread.

I did and got positive feefback, was 1,5 year ago so it doesn't matter at this time.
All up to Dwight (or Stern) now and his team.

#97 5 years ago

How about adding the call out "What the hell are you doing", when you lose a ball or hit the wrong shot. This is the cleaning lady getting shot at with the proton packs in the hotel.

#98 5 years ago

would be great for Stern to release the drawing for the Proton's that were going to be implemented on both outlanes, so that we could have someone make the mod

#99 5 years ago

Ghosts Ladder, dont stack with MB modes

20: Light Tobin’s Spirit Guide at left scoop (make this one a super mystery award? Otherwise make Tobin’s less lucrative?)
40: Light Video Mode at right scoop
60: Light Loopin’ Supers at left scoop (insert flashing when ready)
80: Light PKE Frenzy at right scoop (insert flashing when ready)
100: Light Mass Hysteria MB at either scoop

This way you have to actual start the these modes somewhat intentionally, this could help with the "messiness" of the game.

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

One of things GB is missing is a big risk/reward or press-your-luck style rule

I agree, especially with Dwight's comments on the head2head podcast. I've been thinking the Super Jackpot mechanic should be tweaked to fill this role. I feel like you should be able to collect or keep building the Super Jackpot. Building the Super Jackpot would be based on completing game features: Modes, MBs, Collecting Ghosts, PKE completions. This could have a setting of re-setting every ball or carrying for the entire game to add extra risk.

Unfortunately, with the release of Munsters, this may now be too similar to that mechanic.

Super jackpot should be awesome! Instead, it's kind of like: "Super Jackpot? I guess so." Loopin supers starts: "1.5 Mil per ramp shot? Hot damn, all I need is 40 shots to get the same value as the video mode"

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 49.99
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list/page/2?hl=patrunkenphat7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.