(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#296 4 years ago

I realize version numbers are arbitrary but I was really hoping this would be like v1.5 because there was sooooo much in it

1.14 makes me worried that it just fixes the "Invalid" movie fact in the attract mode

#324 4 years ago

I will admit that is a pretty good fake DMD pic. I assume they edited the version themselves as it doesn't look photoshopped.

Really brutal though lol.

#388 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

In the case of AC/DC, there are actually several inserts that aren't used at all in the code. I sold mine a while back, but I'm pretty sure Lyman never did anything the cannon inserts. They just didn't mesh with his vision of the game. Does this make the game incomplete? Perhaps, but it's certainly not the same thing as an insert for a wizard mode that doesn't exist, which is the case with GB.

"Are You A God?" is only listed on the rules insert *card*. There are no playfield inserts for AYAG, although it does have ball save timer settings in the menu!

There are no unused playfield inserts on GB.

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All the pieces for a masterpiece game are there expect for polished and deep code. Ghostbusters premium / LE is probably Stern's most loaded game to date, it seemed like they threw everything at it...expect proper code support. The bugs mentioned here, adding an "Are You a God" super wizard mode, adding a basic Slimer multiball, making the librarian insert actually do something, balancing scoring and polishing the code will make Ghostbusters one of the best pins of all time in my opinion. The ball is in Stern's court, the problem is they have now held the ball for nearly 2 1/2 years...

To be clear, I love the shit out of this game and would love it to be the most polished thing of all-time, but the game has plenty of "code support" and depth in the rules and modes we have currently in v1.13. Also:

* The librarian insert lights up at the end of "Back Off Man!", there are no unused inserts on GB.
* Balanced scoring would be nice to have but doesn't make the game incomplete.
* A Slimer multiball is something made up and would be nice to have but doesn't make the game incomplete. The game already has 4 multiballs!
* Which leaves us with a super wizard mode. I know it is mentioned in the settings menus and on the rules card. You can't claim it would add very much depth to the game though when you consider how rare the normal wizard mode is.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

theres also no way to currently beat the game as Are You a God mode doesn't exist.

Sure there is. You get to the wizard mode that exists by beating all 9 movie scenes. Pretty challenging and satisfying IMO!

I mean this nicely... you should stop being so melodramatic. It makes your posts hard to take seriously and there is plenty to complain about without making things up like "false advertising" and "unused inserts." Makes me wonder if you have actually completed all 9 scenes if you didn't know the Librarian insert lights up

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It is false advertising. Are You a God is on the instruction card and still isn't in the game years later.

So the tiny paper 3x5 instruction card is "advertising" for a pinball machine to you. That is silly, but OK. Literally zero people who bought this game did so because of something they saw on the instruction card. It would be lovely to have AYAG added, but to claim that it makes the game not worth the money is complete nonsense.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, just having an insert light randomly for no reason at the end of the mode does nothing.

You are moving the goalposts and continuing to make stuff up. First you said the insert didn't light up at all and now it lights "randomly"... and even that is incorrect! The insert doesn't light randomly, it lights because you are completing the movie mode where you sneak up on the librarian ghost. So the librarian insert lights up.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Since we're wishing for things that will never happen, I'd love to be able to skip some of the video animations like ball lock and extra ball.

You can do that now by going into the menus and turning on "Abbreviated Choreography."

A lot of mode animations can be cancelled the old school way of hitting both flipper buttons as well.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So after you complete the modes, and the librarian insert lights up, I assume you would try to hit the scoop shot to collect, correct? So if you hit the scoop when its lit, it does not reward anything at that point?

It does. It completes the mode and rewards you a jackpot and also lights the mini-wizard mode to start.

OP either doesn't own this game and doesn't play it or is a troll. He has been making stuff up for a while now.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tpir.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=tpir and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.