(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Games out of production, no way it’s still any kind of priority. Maybe if they do a ve later this year of another title there will be time to revisit gb.
They sure promised a lot with this title too bad they didn’t deliver.

and I think many people are now nervous buying into new Dwight coded games. For me I want to buy Munsters but not until I see how the code pans out and so far sounds like it is way too easy.

2 weeks later
#70 5 years ago

I was disappointed in that interview and his thoughts on the "mistake" of a mode and should not of made it to the card - excuses

I wanted to buy The Munsters but don't trust that he will improve that much, Stern should hand the GB code over to some of the newer and younger guys to improve as Dwight has lost his passion to improve it.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They've already ended production. They sold all the Ghostbusters they're going to sell. Polishing the code is just going to help sell out what few NIB games distributors still have, and even then it's debatable how much that would really help move what stock is left.
Unless you mean sales of other new games, but Stern doesn't seem to have an issue with selling games as fast as they can make them.
I think Stern will eventually give one more polish to the code, but I think they realize it's mostly an act of goodwill and have an attitude that most people will be grateful for whatever and whenever it does ship. Stern has all the leverage.

agree with much of you statement but more and more people are watching what Stern and Dwight are doing and holding off on purchasing coupled with Deeproot potential if they do what they say Stern may want to get better on code and game quality

3 weeks later
#150 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Still looks pretty bad to have delayed it this long even if they do come through. Hard to see the investment being worthwhile when they already look bad.

I would love to buy Munsers but won't because it is Dwight coded and there are many others with the same thought, so it does affect Stern and it is in their best interest to complete and debug games otherwise people lose confidence.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's kind of silly not to buy a game you want and like because Dwight isnt finished with GB. Just dont buy any game from any coder until it's at an acceptable state code wise for your own personal taste. Dwight has done some really good work on SW, GOT, and ST. Yes GB is behind but that is on stern for not supplying it the proper amount of time for code support.

Everyone has a different standpoint and mine is currently Dwight code but I also agree with a Stern standoff as well. I love the munsters looks, shoots well, rules are fun but shallow and not overly wow so don't want 2 games with incomplete code...

I think some of the new blood / and ones given the role to be lead programmer are showing great promise as have passion and want to stand out, as Deadpool is looking good and Tim sounds driven for the Black Knight and of course Lyman always comes through.

1 week later
#176 5 years ago

there was a munsters locally that went up for sale and took a month to sell and it sold for $1500 from retail value - people were holding back most probably due to code, I would of snapped it up but wasn't confident on the code so passed on it.

when you listen to Tim Balls about Black Knight you he is going to try hard to make the code awesome, Stern are just affecting their own sales with poor code and people will start to watch Dwight games carefully

3 weeks later
#218 4 years ago

Stern maybe owned by investors but they should give a flip as Stern relies heavily on home buyers and many home buyers buy more than one pinball. Yes the Trudeau factor may of had some effect at some stage but that was years ago now and he didn't program the game.

Personally I won't buy another Stern Pinball that Dwight programs until the code is at a decent level. I really wanted to get a Munsters but the code was very basic and not stimulating and even one locally struggled to sell $1.5k less than retail cost and it was only 1-2 months old, and many others held off as well as many were worried they would be bored quickly with it.

The problem is not just GB it is Dwight's programming approach and then when he does a interview he comes off as this is practically finished and I don't see any problem with it. Munsters could of been a great seller if it had some integrated story line modes in it. So for Stern this leads to a loss in sales in multiple games which will affect them and with a few new companies getting quicker with deliveries and more games soon to be released they have to pick up their approach otherwise more and more people are going to lose faith in Stern and go to other brands.

But 28 months wait for a code update with many many promises of a code update is appalling - let some of the newer younger guys polish it and with enthusiasm to prove themselves may turn this game into a real gem and restore some faith into the Stern buyers.

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I messaged George Gomez regarding GB today with my concerns regarding the code.
Reason for this: Because when I ever email stern it never gets a reply! VERY VERY RUDE Company!
If I ran my own company like this I would have no work. ( how do they get away with this is a joke)
Just let someone else with a passion for GB to finish the code, Better yet, let Lyman complete it!!!!
Maybe you need to email Gary direct to get this code up and running again.
No more Dwight machines for this puppy! sold my Munle before it even hit my house! Enough is enough...................

did you tell gomez your thoughts on Dwight games and selling MunLE? curious what the response will be..

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I've emailed Gomez in the past. He doesn't respond to anything GB related. Great business ethics over there.

that's poor form

4 weeks later
#354 4 years ago
Quoted from yfz450:

Only a fool would buy Dwight’s next new game!

hopefully someone else is on Elivra 3 otherwise GB will never get done, which then would say Stern couldn't give a sh#t

#411 4 years ago

on Stern's website it stats 2018 but the last update v1.13 - Jan 2017

screen-capture-17 (resized).pngscreen-capture-17 (resized).png
2 weeks later
#519 4 years ago

Australia is getting a batch of Premium's in July so they must of made those in the last 1-2 months.

1 month later
#652 4 years ago

just posting here as was brought up in the JP@ thread and the GB Code thread as people are saying the gap is larger than Trudeau's typical flipper gap.

Flipper Gap Myth Solved as a few years ago, as I had a quick discussion with Trudeau which started when we discussed the Snackbar mod I did for his designed game CFTBL

- The Flipper gap is a result of the flipper post placement & the angle of the flippers
- Stern's standard flipper post placement is 7" hole centres
- Trudeau's stanard signature flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres on all games
- GB has the same flipper post placement is 7 1/8" hole centres
- what makes the flipper gap larger is how the flippers were angled lower than the inlane guides angle

2 Solutions
- lift the flippers so the front face / rubber are inline with the inlane feed rails which brings the game's flipper similar to all his other games
- add carrots or even my quick swap out flippers which both are 1/8" longer which then narrows up the gap to narrower than a standard Stern

I recommend the 1st option and it only makes you a better player, hope that helps

1 month later
#847 4 years ago

that "Are you a God" wizard mode needs to be a fun mini game at start up - left flipper for regular game and right flipper for "Are you a God" mini game like a P3 game option

looked fun as hell

#1043 4 years ago

we know it's coming and just a matter of waiting just a little while longer which compared to 32 months is nothing.

in the stream dwight stated he showed more than what he wanted so there will be other little polished items and maybe with the chatter of the wizard mode being made as a mini game maybe be worked on so worth the wait of a few weeks - would love this as a right button and start mini game only

as for the slimer multiball, it would be a nice one for the novices to aim for and maybe only one slimer MB per ball. Spell GHOST with five hits, slimer drops down and hit him once to start a 2-3 multiball and the goal is slimer is going up and down or side to side depending on model and have to hit him as many times as possible during the multiball for 500k per hit. Then it is a easy one for the kids and novices to go after and they feel they have achieved something and keeps them coming back.

come-on dwight and team you can do it

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I feel like Dwight added access to the are you a god mini mode@ the last minute in response to Swinks comments during the stream. That was probably the easiest and fastest way to implement it and still get the code out for us this week. Maybe in the future he will put it in the "front end" access.

lol.. I did persist a little on that and I believe he could see the potential just with him playing with the guys as he wanted to put the "God Mode" in as well and so stoked that it is in already which is a bonus, but like you toddsolus I would like it at the front end as well so you don't have to go into the cabinet / menu to get it up but looking forward to the weekend to get this in and playing. This option may come later but at least it is there and so stoked for that added bonus since the stream - thanks Dwight and team.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It would be a great idea if there was a button code (press right flipper and start together?) so that you could play God Mode on site without having to go into menus.

I asked him for that and it would be good but at least we got it in there which will be good for head to head competition and freeplay at home for the moment but yes never thought of the ease to suit an arcade environment.

#1249 4 years ago

just had a solid session with the kids playing "God Mode" which was a heap of fun and the kids loved it

even better is that the kids interest died there for a while but the new update renewed their interest as they loved the multiball mini game and I can't get them off to play a regular game - which is not a bad thing

thanks Dwight and Team

#1250 4 years ago

Had a good session with the kids and noticed 2 bugs during "God Mode" and reported them to Dwight, so keep an eye on them and confirm if it happens with you guys as well.

Bug 1 - left flip + start does not end the game in “God Mode” when at the 2nd and 3rd player point on 2 occasions just added another player

Bug 2 - if you are playing 2 player “God Mode” and during the 2nd player the start is pushed to allow a 3rd player it adds Player 3 BUT it also adds an extra ball / turn to the 2nd player after their God Mode turn is completed but the extra ball is in a regular game and lights mode and not in a “God Mode” - we let it drain and then 3rd player god mode starts as regular. We had this same sort of thing happen a couple of random times as well when we started the comp with 3 - 4 players from the beginning before player 1 starts and it added the weird extra ball after the god mode of player 2 on 2 occassions. So there seems a random bug between player 2 and 3.

1 week later
#1384 4 years ago

noticed an update but a shame that "god mode" can't be started via a flipper code on start for arcades and home to avoid opening the door.

but at least they fixed a few little things

1 month later
#1559 4 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Beside that, the code is awesome! I would wish to get the opportunity at game start to decide if I like to start the normal game or the god mode, that would be wounderful

I have hit up Dwight for this from the beginning - this would be a great option and great at a arcade as well

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider swinks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=swinks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.