(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 1,579 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 33 days ago by Rager170
  • Topic is favorited by 54 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 96 votes
    31%
  • No 218 votes
    69%

(314 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 81 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#45 11 months ago

I specifically bought this game back after selling my GBLE 3 years ago. It is, even in its current form, a great game. I've reached the "final wizard mode" twice. The second time around, I understood why it was so difficult to get to. Honestly, the mode is completely broken. Nothing makes any sense. The scoring is so low, that I was actually perplexed by what I saw. After managing to complete all the shots twice, drained my ball, and then the machine went into a constant ball search. I couldn't even tilt out of it....fuckin game just froze.

Moral of the story, it has to be completed. If Stern and Dwight made a decision to abandon this title, it should have just been aired out already. Why bother leading people on?

#60 11 months ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Sometimes I miss my GB Premium ( sold it after a year and a half ) now that my collection has grown is consider putting one back in the lineup but the lack of code is depressing.

Even the way it is, it’s a fantastic game

3 weeks later
#107 10 months ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why are you all so breathlessly awaiting the code update, as if it's due to drop any day now? It's on their "to-do" list and all anyone can do is accept that it'll be done when it's done. I'd be surprised if that day is any time before Expo since that would be a good time to release it so they can use its completion as a bullet point in whatever presentations they have at that event.

No. Just...NO. Stop, right there. There is no "just accepting" it.

2 weeks later
#129 9 months ago

My disappointment runs deep. So sad that he refuses (based on past podcasts) to admit this title is far from done.

Normally, I would have dumped the game...Since it is still a ton of fun for me and my family, it stays. For the future, I'll never own another Dwight game again. Munsters was largely disappointing in the code dept; luckily nowhere near as bad as Ghostbusters.

#135 9 months ago
Quoted from frolic:

He obviously went from Star Wars to Munsters with no break.

Not finishing games is exhausting

#137 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Look at what Lyman puts out at each update and then look at what Dwight does each Munsters update. Easy to see who is just drawing a paycheck and who actually is passionate about their job.

Lyman is all about the hobbyist experiencing each title to the fullest. No doubt he is the most dedicated programmer out there!

1 week later
#166 9 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but every code update Facebook post Stern makes is filled with comments about Ghostbusters code lol!
[quoted image]

I break their balls on every new code post.

Guilty as charged

#168 9 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm surprised they haven't banned you yet.

Probably because it's understandable frustration

#175 9 months ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

maybe we can hire... Jack Danger.

Doubt he cares. He hasn't streamed GB in well over a year.

Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

this feedback has to be getting back to him, right? It has to be embarrassing.

Of course it is. Stern has a close eye on this site. Silence is deadly..

It is embarrassing that a group of owners are so heartfelt about a title, and no one gives a crap. If they were distancing themselves from Trudeau, all they had to do is say it. We all would have understood. The machine didn't hurt anybody, it's shitty creator did. That being said, Dwight really doesn't seem to care.

3 weeks later
#182 8 months ago

It’s beyond infuriating at this point.

#212 8 months ago

I'll speak for myself:

While others have sold their games, many...MANY others decided to keep their GB because it is a fantastic title. Even though it is not complete, in its current form I still feel it's a top 3 Stern game. We all know why it's great, and we also know why on Sterns Facebook page, a bunch of us continually blow them up! This game has a cult following. You either love it. or hate it. The love for this game supersedes its tarnished past, and "flipper gap".

Enough's enough. Stern: Level with everyone, tell us it ain't happening, or have someone else step up to the plate finishing it with some TALENT.

#231 8 months ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Maybe you need to email Gary direct to get this code up and running again.

I've had that conversation personally with Gary. I was reluctantly answered with "It will get done."

#233 8 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Gary wouldn't respond to my email, and I was even polite.

He probably gets hundreds of emails a day, if not more. So, when he sees another "RE: GB CODE", it's an automatic right click, delete!

Not for nothing, that's probably what I would do, or have an automated response to those emails.

#235 8 months ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'll make my next subject line "RE: Free beer and cocaine!"

No hookers?

:::right click, delete:::

#239 8 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's good to hear he said that. We've had multiple people now from Stern say an update is coming. I just hope it's a substantial update similar to the final KISS update that not only balances the game as well as contains bug fixes but also expands onto existing gameplay.

Granted, this was several months ago when he traveled to NY. I'm remaining hopeful, with more than a smidge of pessimism thrown in.

We shall see.

3 weeks later
#295 7 months ago

Nobody copped the read me file?!!!

Nonetheless, some exciting news!

#298 7 months ago

Readme

C38B552F-6E76-4812-8C26-023D52B48F3C (resized).png
#301 7 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Reduced flipper gap to standard size
Looks suspect

This ones obviously a joke.

#304 7 months ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the whole thing is a joke, and not a very.funny one.

I won’t be amused if it ALL was a joke.

#318 7 months ago

Really fucked up joke.

Whatevs.

AC7BEC51-E40E-419B-8814-F6D518F8972D (resized).png
#322 7 months ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This logic makes sense.
Why remove a joke?
Plus everyone including me has screenshots to prove it was there. lol

Same reason why you’d remove something that pisses someone off.

I’m a for jokes, don’t get me wrong. There’s a time when you say “Ha! Gotcha!” and move on.

#325 7 months ago
Quoted from tpir:

I will admit that is a pretty good fake DMD pic. I assume they edited the version themselves as it doesn't look photoshopped.
Really brutal though lol.

The “4” doesn’t look right. I’ll admit, I got really excited once I saw it, so much so that I’d believe almost anything I saw without looking too deep into it.

Jokes on me ::sigh::

#338 7 months ago

I’m done.

Gonna go play a few games on my pro now.

4 weeks later
#538 6 months ago
Quoted from enjoyvelvet:

This is promising. Cmon Stern knock it out of the park![quoted image]

It’s a step in the right direction. Or, it was time for a verbiage change lol

1 week later
#572 6 months ago

Great work Dwight....way to piss off more people.

By the way, since when did anyone care about GOT? They’re sterns softest secondary market selling machine in recent times! I seriously didn’t know anyone gave a crap about it. For the last couple of years, you can go into ANY stern code update post, and I defy you to find a single soul that was as passionate about GOT as we are about GB.

#616 6 months ago
Quoted from Honch:

I have a feeling prices will be going up a bit if the code update rocks.

It will become a real solid "one of the best of all time" pin once the code is polished. It will definitely go up!

2 weeks later
#664 5 months ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

If they make modes selectable, all it will do is change the complaint to "I'm sick of hearing...choose and perish", because everyone will play SP first. I can't believe they would make that extreme change. It would fundamentally change the game, not improve it.

Final mode shouldn’t be selectable if they went this route. SP can really blow up a score, hardcore!

#669 5 months ago

......so, where’s the code?

1 week later
#693 5 months ago

I'm keeping mine either way. It's a staple in my collection, and that bitch is bolted to the floor. The code is acceptable the way it is

#697 5 months ago

Rarehero: So salty brah!!

Not like the down-votes from you means much, especially in this thread.

Carry on

2 weeks later
#729 4 months ago

ITS REAL!!!

Finally!!!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!!!

#733 4 months ago

It’s being tested now. I’m happy enough knowing that zombie yeti is putting it through the ringer. Get all the bugs (or as much as they can) out of the way before it enters my machine.

Very exciting either way!! I can’t wait

#739 4 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wow it's finally happening.
Wish I had Ghostbusers.... Oh wait I do. Sweet!

2 weeks later
#960 3 months ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Some people need something to bitch about.

This is pinside. Of course everyone needs something to bitch about!

I already know the code is going to get torn apart and dissected by the masses. Nothing will ever please everybody.

#1026 3 months ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 -
We recorded the podcast on Sunday, when I said next week I meant this week; the week we are currently in. We are still aiming at releasing the code this week. I do not think it will happen tomorrow(Tuesday). Please stop banging your head against a wall.
2 -
Please try the game as designed at least for 20 or 30 games. I made the game much easier but there is also much more game added to the back end. If after 20 or 30 games you are beating ARE YOU A GOD? too often, or at all. Then think about making the game harder. Also, GB can be a beast. Now that its easier you will still have bad games. It will be more volatile. This is by design.
Lastly, if you want to make the game harder start with turning the number of ball saves down to 1. Also consider turning off the extra extra ball. Maybe.
3 -
I look forward to any and all thoughts as everyone starts playing the new code.

After seeing the stream, it was totally worth the wait. Looks like you and the team took LOTS into consideration when applying changes. I’m dying to load this up, and I’m so glad I held out. Gb is a title that’s never leaving my collection provided finances allow.

Thanks again, and for putting up with all the ball busting. We had a lot of harsh words for you. Now, we can all relax and enjoy this masterpiece (to us GB fans)!

If I see you at expo, I’m buying you a drink!

Len

#1067 3 months ago

Every post I see in this thread, I gasp in suspense until I open it up...

BOOOOOOO!!!

#1081 3 months ago

...............It's Thursday. Do you know where your code is?

#1099 3 months ago

Some pretty sick shit added to the game to make it an absolute blast! Thanks Dwight and team

#1107 3 months ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What does this mean exactly?:
"- Added an adjustment called ENABLING MODE CHAINING. It allows modes to no
longer start the next mode in order for that ladder. The adjustment defaults
to NO. Modes will not chain by default.
- When modes are not chained you have more time to do other game
features and it allows you to change ladders for your next mode."
Does that mean that you can jump around within the ladder? Dont think i like that if so.

In the old code, it would link into the next mode if the final shot that was made had a mode linked to it. You can go back to the old way if you want. The new idea is that it doesn't start the mode when you finish your current mode with that shot.

Let me know if I made any sense lol

#1151 3 months ago

First game right off the bat.

So. Much. Fucking. Fun!! Wait till you guys start to really notice all the cool lighting and sound effects added. It’s sensory overload! Stay puft is a really cool mode now!

Blown away guys....blown away!

F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
#1176 3 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

Man... This update really makes the previous version feel unfinished.

It makes the previous version feel like it had no identity. I never knew how truly lost this game was until tonight

#1177 3 months ago

Oh, there’s a feature to reset the game in the menu. You’ve gotta hold start and the left flipper for a couple seconds, then release. Brings it right back to attract mode

#1243 3 months ago
Quoted from hoby1:

All I can say is WOW...... what a fantastic pinball machine. Owned it since new and liked it before but Dwight has redeemed himself and made GB an all time GREAT.
Anyone who still thinks GB is a terrible game just doesn't like pinball.

You can’t NOT like it after the update. I agree!

Bolted to the ground next to IMDN

#1281 3 months ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

<<I also had 10% of score from Tobin, which equated to over 300mil from a random award!>>
If you think that's bad, I heard Escher was able to get 6x running then collect 60% score from Tobins which can be worth Billions!
How easy would you guys say this is to recreate conditions?
-First score 3 Billion or so
-Now light Tobins mystery via slot pops, or 20 ghost collect (skill shot method does not count because it cancels pf multipliers I think)
-Start 6x playfield (without accidentally hitting left scoop)
-Hit left scoop
-Pray Tobins grants 10% random award (or at least relights Tobins to hit immediately again for a second chance! but I think it's broken)
My questions are, How random is this award? How easy is this to recreate? If true, this might be the only strategy to play.

Lots of risk/reward with this. Everything has to be perfect in order to make that happen. Total luck from tobins

#1286 3 months ago

Silly, silly fun! Thousand times more enjoyable to get these kind of scores now.

I’ve bested 26B in the previous code, but under the perfect set of circumstances. I couldn’t play through the whole game to achieve it. All right ladder attempts to get to stay puft and max out the Stay puft multiplier with the PF 6X.

B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
#1293 3 months ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've been averaging lower scores on the new code. I'm so used to the old code that my strategies don't work. I did get to stay puft, though, which was nice to see.

Scoring was instantly higher for me. My average game is well over 300M now

#1315 3 months ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Yes. It seems to happen when you get into the billions.

I’ve had multiple billion point games. Never had an issue. AYAG is a seriously difficult wizard mode though. It will be a while before I beat it

2 weeks later
#1519 89 days ago

Has anyone splayed the library mode yet? No clue how to get to it

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 22.00
Cabinet - Other
YOYOKOPTER MODS
$ 199.99
€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
YOYOKOPTER MODS

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinlen83.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside