(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 5 years ago

Not sure how I missed this thread for so long. I've just been complaining in the main GB thread. I was so excited when SW went to 1.0. I texted a friend who also had a GB that we were getting close. Freaking Munsters will be 1.0 before GB gets any update at this rate. I'm not very happy at all about this whole thing.

3 weeks later
#80 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I get wanting to add some randomization, but it's a lot more complicated than just adjusting scoring. Let's say Gozer is randomly selected first. You have to hit all of those shots (right ramp, Gozer target, orbits, etc) to progress thru the Gozer tiers just to get $21M points because it's now Lvl 1. Then what about when WBTD is randomly selected fourth in that ladder? Three relatively easy shots will be worth 500M or more.
True randomization would require serious mode editing. They could make the modes selectable, and in doing so, make the game much easier. For example, you start WBTD and finish it on the left ramp...damn it! Instead of being forced into WGO, you are offered the choice of WGO, SL, or SC...because these are all the "available" modes at the time. Of course, that would require changing the requirements for WCWS. Otherwise, everyone would select SL and BOM, and there slips away the white whale of randomization again.
I can live with the ladder system, because I'll play a different ladder next game. I think there are bigger (and easier) issues to fix...mainly around scoring and unused inserts.

All of the mode start shots lead to or are a location that the ball can be held to make that a reality.

I was thinking the other day that there could be a reward of some sort for finishing all of the first stages of a ladder. Similar with all of the second stages. So all 3 low level ones gets you a multiball of some sort. I'd say Slimer MB, but I think that a Slimer MB should be about the same difficulty as Lil Deadpool MB. A little harder than that, but something fun for casual players to experience.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

what's the skill shot cheat?
Is that the short plung in the lane and then hit it just right before it falls all the way down?

Yep. I'm not convinced of it's value in a setting where there aren't a lot of extra balls available. At my location I have things set to 1 extra ball so you can't really rack up a bunch of 10% of your score skill shots.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't think it's a game-breaker. On the first ball it nets you 1M points...so what. The real advantage is starting the mode right away...but it locks you into WBTD. I much prefer the librarian scoop ladder skill shot. Two modes and I'm in WCWS.
All of these scoring "exploits" or imbalances have a risk/reward/opportunity cost to them. You have to make them, and then you have to take advantage of them. They're not gimmes.

Agreed. A few of my regulars can do the plunge exploit on demand, but few ever do it at all because it's not really a great advantage if its restrictions don't fit with your strategy.

Besides, I can hit WBTD on the fly as it comes around the orbit 80% of the time. Does messing up the plunge thing lock you into something if you mess it up a certain way?

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't do it, mainly because I just don't want to. Getting good at double plunging won't make me a better player. And that's what I really need!

Ha! I agree with you there. Being a pro at that exploit will not help me win very many more games. In the recent city championship, I put up 170ish million on ball 3 after everyone was in the low teens after ball 2. As second player I was feeling pretty good and had 1 point in the bag and just needed GB to do its thing and I was sitting on 4 points. Nope. Player 3 put up 300-something on ball 3 and player for did 200-something. Pretty strong game on my part considering what we all did after 2 balls, still end up in third. I don't need to blow the game up every time, just get better.

2 weeks later
#128 5 years ago

So neglected it doesn't even get a hyphen. Talk about being ignored.

1 week later
#177 5 years ago

Dwight has said on Tilt Forums as well as on podcasts that he considers the game done. Weather he believes that or not is a different story. Gomez said it needs attention. After Munsters is the timing. If it doesn’t happen within a few months, it might never happen.

It’s such a fun game too. We had some very intense games going on this week at my event. I do think the scoring is out of whack, but it also means you normally have a fighting chance to come back.

3 weeks later
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Time to hand it over to another programmer IMO.

I don't see why this is so hard to do. They seem to have plenty of non-lead people capable of taking Dwight's (or ours) wishlist for an update and just let them go with it.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because Gomez told us that if nobody on the team has a real passion to do the job, they don't bother doing it.

That's a ground up project though. This is almost finished and could be if you give somebody a month or two and leave them alone while they do it. This is the most focused on issue the company has at the moment. If they would just get it done with a meaningful update they would have so many people STFU. What's the next biggest cluster after that? The Star Wars topper? After that? Handle this issue, handle the SW issue, and then things get pretty calm.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just played a game where I got Gozer champion at 109 million but my total score was only 48 million... But the code is fine... No need for an update.

I love that bit. Everyone feels like a winner.

2 weeks later
#281 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Whoa 28 months?!
Is GB worth owning if this never happens? I only have a few dozen plays on it.

In the world of modern Stern, it's a pretty unique game. The game plays pretty nicely, but has some glaring issues and a few things it could use. I own one, and operate it and it's very popular. However all of the regulars know a lot of its shortcomings.

Here is my wishlist (along with bug fixes):

I think the game needs a n00b friendly Slimer multiball. Spell GHOST, Slimer comes down. Hit it 2 or 3 times and there is your simple (and low scoring) Slimer Multiball.

Now since GHOST is used for Slimer MB, don't use it for dropping Slimer to light modes. That process is way too cumbersome. Instead, if you don't have modes lit, blink the 3 mode ladder shots. Hit 2, and the one you don't hit is the mode that starts.

Cap multipliers at 3X. It's either 2X or 3X, not combined for 6X. Scoring is very imbalanced and lighting multipliers is very situational.

Change the default power for the left scoop set so that it goes to the left flipper. Mine is set up like this and I haven't had a center drain since I made this change.
-------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with how the code on this game has been handled. The biggest issue is that we have been told for months, and now years that code is coming. Put a programmer on it, do a good job, and shut us up.

#334 4 years ago

GB ROI update. Projecting to be at 100% early 2020. Probably will still have 1.13.

I set a calendar event for 8 weeks after Munsters 1.00 came out. I was not holding my breath prior to that, but I think if we don’t see a GB update by 8 weeks after Munsters 1.00 it won’t happen. Shame too because there are a lot of Stern games I want. There are also a lot of other options and will support them instead.

B19681DE-E894-47EB-A1E9-594DAB4C220C (resized).jpegB19681DE-E894-47EB-A1E9-594DAB4C220C (resized).jpeg
#345 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I stand by my earlier statements, Ghostbusters code update is a punchline for Stern. I do think some here were over reacting initially, the code is fine, but not polished; however after stating there would be a code update and not delivering people have every right to be upset. The way Stern is handling this is beyond frustrating. They owe to their customers, who spent thousands of dollars on their products, to provide a more detailed explanation on the status of this update.

Agreed. Saying it's on the schedule isn't good enough at this point. I want to know what has to happen before GB is worked on in a dedicated fashion. Once upon a time we were told Star Wars 1.00. Well that's come and gone. And then that programmer has gone to 1.00 on the NEXT game. What gives? Don't have it on your schedule, it's time to make it your priority.

#384 4 years ago

There are flaws in every game if you look hard enough. The bottom line is that Stern hires programmers to help with modern era games and had veterans updating DMD games in production. All of them are pretty much caught up besides Ghostbusters. That, coupled with the fact that an update has been “coming” for 29 months is the issue.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Do you think they intentionally have delayed code updates considering legal issues with the games designer..... Letting that take it's course and now coming back to correct it?
If there coffee does get greatly improved I will buy another. I love everything about it except code and layout.... Well that right ramp on the layout specifically but the game has alot going for it.

I don't think so. He didn't program it. Outside of this hobby, nobody makes the connection unless the news says JT used to work at Stern. Outside of the Chicago area, it wouldn't even make the news. But, if it is going to be brought up, it'll happen with or without a code update so might as well follow through on that promise.

1 week later
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Theres a huge, some would even say epic, 30th month anniversary coming up for Ghostbusters code! This is going to be big.
[quoted image]

Is this a graphic from when they had BM66 at Expo? Either way, has GB even been updated since then?

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

any monthly stern announcements lately? Still hoping for code update.

It's been in the monthly "Stern of the Union" for 29 months. According to that, it's coming and still on schedule...

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

It's been in the monthly "Stern of the Union" for about a year and a half now. According to that, it's coming and still on schedule...

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Just to be specific, they say it’s in the schedule, not that it’s on schedule...

I think the wording has changed over time. It used to say it’s on schedule, now it says that’s it’s on the schedule. Neither one is convincing at this point, so it doesn’t matter what the monthly thing says, only what version my game has. I don’t believe it until it happens, which is a bummer.

1 week later
#544 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

maybe we can get some names ...

If it were me I would not want that public. Some of these guys go to shows and the last thing I'd want is to be asked "how's that GB update going?" every time I enter a room. I would also like to know, but it would not likely be a good thing for that to be known until after it's done.

I saw a guy giving Lyman some bug fixes and suggestions at Pinburgh one year. Day 2 and he's trying to get his A division bank started. The other guys in his group had to ask the guy to let them get started. Time and place is something that is lost on some. Not talking about you Jeff, just a general statement.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My fix was to turn them off in the settings. They were ill conceived and are annoying as hell.

What are you talking about? Nailing those things to light and cash in that sweet 1 million point super jackpot is pure euphoria.

1 month later
#689 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight sent beta code for GOT to CDMD. I assume he’ll do the same for GB

So anyone have ears to the ground along the way? I don’t care to know what’s in it until they release, but to know that it’s at that stage would be great to know about.

2 weeks later
#711 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Getting t-shirts ready for Expo!
[quoted image]

Add another row so the text isn't so wide. It'll be too hard to read as-is. Otherwise, best of luck. May we all be so lucky that code drops before Expo.

#715 4 years ago
Quoted from master_of_chaos:

The Ghostbusters code issue prevents me from buying more "NIB" Sterns.
So does the AC/DC code.
AC/DC was my first NIB. I love it, but also i hate it because of the state of code. ( yes, its awesome, but incomplete. Same as a new car without navigation system.. )
Ghostbusters Layout and Design is so beautiful, but the code sucks.
So the last time, my money went to JJP and some lucky Ebayers (older Bally´s and WMS)

The current clearcoat issue keeps me on the sideline, along with GB not being finished. I have to decide what I will be doing next year when I am in a better position to look at a newer/NIB game. If I had to pick today, I'd have to look closely at an opened game, and no way I'd get NIB with all of the clear issues of late.

3 weeks later
#842 4 years ago

I'm very excited to update the game. I watched the whole stream and am very happy with what was done. The modes are easier to start, easier to complete, and will auto-complete if you happen to time out or drain so you don't have to do it again next ball. There are 2 balls saves off the plunge, and you can get an upper and lower skill shot.

My game on location is set to 1 extra ball and I've drained while in the next to last mode. So I've never seen the original WARTBY. I don't care. With these updates I would have gotten there on that game, and on several others. This game is not east, and that's fine. This game is now a very good game and players will now consistently get further into the game and with more balanced scores.

#919 4 years ago

Is there a video or description somewhere of what the We Are Ready To Believe You mode is like before this update?

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

Wish there was more multi ball modes

There are several, but most of them are pretty deep into the game.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I too hope that this can be adjusted. Not a big fan of just letting modes timeout etc. I feel the shots should be completed in order to finish the stage.

Modes can't be timed out by just holding the ball. This has existed since Star Trek. If you trap up, the timer will stop after (I think) 4 seconds and won't start again until you hit a switch. This will at least force you to put the ball into play, and danger, while the mode counts down.

I'm indifferent on it filling the mode insert after the timer runs out. I don't want to call it complete, or finished, because it doesn't give you a cash out for finishing. I don't think GB does this, but there are games that do give you a bump for finishing the mode. Anyway, the only mode I though was too much for a 40 second timer or the GB layout (i.e. drains) is Gozer. If I could survive timing that out, while obviously trying to actually do the mode, drain, and then plunge into Stay Puft on the next skill shot, that would be pretty intimidating for another player.

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Xaqery
Awesome work with the code! Looks amazing.....
Cannot wait for the DL to appear on Sterns site.
P.s Can you whisper into Dwights ear for more love with Munsters please.

That is Dwight. Thanks Dwight. I have a few rabid GB fans that play my game on location and they are all very excited about this update. Kudos to you and the group who worked on it.

#1057 4 years ago

The Race is on! What will post first, GB or Pinburgh results? Excited to see both, but more excited for GB. I'm running an event tomorrow night and really hope I'll be able to update GB for it.

#1082 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

...............It's Thursday. Do you know where your code is?

Wherever it is, it is making this work day crawl brutally slow.

#1084 4 years ago

So tough to not make a joke about 1/8” being the difference between normal and huge...

Literally nobody complains about center drains on my location GB. If you aren’t in double danger you can make a little move and save it. Even then, it only tends to center drain coming out of the left side of the pops.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider desertt1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=desertt1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.