(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#403 4 years ago

Who are the insane 24 who think this game has received good code support?

I would buy this game again if they're was updated code. It's so pretty and everything but code and to some extent layout is great

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

The game earns well on route and people like it a lot. I think the code support has been fine. Different strokes. I've had exactly zero complaints on the code ever from players at my location other than making side agreements during league play to not shoot for video mode on the skill shot.

Cmon now son! We all know this game pulls in based on its fantastic art and amazing theme but to say you're happy with the code support? One might say what code support and that's putting it lightly. Stern has such a special title here that they pissed away. It's a shame.

#413 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

For real - I think the code is fine as is. Again this game is on route, not in my house. It plays fine. Seems like the resale on this title is still high. I don't get why people that are so upset with the code don't just sell the game and move on instead of having so much angst. It's a game.

In all seriousness, that's what I did and prob many others (sold the game) - but the point of this thread is to call out how much better it could be. It happens all the time - stern makes their games much better like TWD, B66, etc. It's a shame nothing has happened for GB.

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Stern has never been about being the best. They've always done things to make them good enough. They target the middle 90% and dont waste money trying to appease the vocal minority. Most people don't care. My point is, I wouldn't mind a code update but I'm not losing sleep or selling the game if it does t happen. The game plays fine for me and my players.

I think I understand your point here which is as an operator you're happy bc people evidently don't mind since they're pumping money into the machine. You're simply responding as an operator but if you step away and view this as a non operator you're prob arriving at a different conclusion. The majority of folks here are responding as a consumer hence the difference. I understand your point though.

#449 4 years ago

Do you think they intentionally have delayed code updates considering legal issues with the games designer..... Letting that take it's course and now coming back to correct it?

If there coffee does get greatly improved I will buy another. I love everything about it except code and layout.... Well that right ramp on the layout specifically but the game has alot going for it.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

If you ignore code and layout - what's left? You like the artwork?

haha - yeah that's a good point so maybe it's not really the layout but mostly code. Art, music, effects, etc they're all great and not always a given from stern.

1 week later
#505 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes it is. Stern can now use it again lol.
[quoted image]

Wait is it really 30 mth anniversary since last gb update and that's a true stern graphic that they just released? That would be very promising

1 month later
#656 4 years ago

I'm back in! Bring on the code and take this game to the next level....

4 weeks later
#735 4 years ago

Wow it's finally happening.

Wish I had Ghostbusers.... Oh wait I do. Sweet!

#741 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just changed the count to 32 months. However, the wait looks like it may nearly be over! Pumped for the update. On another note Ghostbusters code is in the 2nd search result, before either game model, when searching "Pinside Ghostbusters" on Google lol.
[quoted image]

I'm thinking a halloween release. Ghosts are everywhere!

2 weeks later
#815 4 years ago

hate to say it but I was hoping stealth release tonight! Super pumped for the reveal. What time again?

#854 4 years ago

About to wrap this up and it's good - not great. A lot was done but some of the bigger ones for me (like giving slimer more of a purpose potentially MB related or SB drops more meaningful) don't seem to be attended too but a lot was fixed.

Again good update - not amazing. I'll take it.

Topper got updated as well... Mentioned at end.

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Overall, the new code sounds great. And it seems like much of the changes are setting adjustable so certain new things can be dialed back to "original" if you want.
I'm not sure about slimer coming out on one hit though.
And my number one pet peeve with the storage facility lights being reversed is still the same.

Can you change the LEDs in the facility itself so you get the colors you want or is it in the dmd itself that you don't like?

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Seemed like there was quite a few new audio tracks added, hopefully the custom code many of us are running with the movie soundtrack gets updated. Might be able to use more stuff and longer lengths now.

I made the premium custom and will be updating this new code to work with it. Not sure when but I'll get to it. I need my Bobby Brown MB!

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm going to make them both red. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the code constraints. But it makes the most sense that the 1st contained ghost is green, the second is red, and the 3rd lights the siren.
Current state is that first ghost in storage facility lights the red light. 2nd ghost lights the green light. 3rd ghost lights the red siren, the first red light, and all the other red lights.
So I can't just swap the red and green around or the 3rd ghost will light one green amongst all the other reds.
I don't know why it goes from red to green as it becomes "more unstable."

Yeah better to do double reds to show there is a real problem!

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Hmm... I wonder if I can replace the green light with a blinking red light?

what about yellow to warn?

#1031 4 years ago

Dwight @Xaqery- any thoughts about the team utilizing slimer more - for example, making a two ball MB out of him or something along those lines?

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, bit worried about that. I'm playing the new code leaving ghost target mode shot spotting off, and not letting scenes be marked completed if they are not completed by the player. Every other setting is the new default. I think those two adjustments will make the game a lot more challenging and for the good to great player make mode progression more rewarding.

Agreed with these updates.

Also - LOVE the new call out for the storage unit....light is green it's clean. Tons of new colors on the PF for shots too. Reduced flipper to soft right away b/c it was way too strong and even soft is doing well.

#1228 4 years ago

so for the guys thinking this truly transforms the game, just curious what new strategies you now have as I def think there are more ways to open this game up then before. For example, hitting the captive balls more (left and center) - hitting the proton pack area - however I'm still not sure of exactly to do - I just know more is there.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am really loving the new river of slime rules and playfield multipliers. You now have reasons to shoot the right scoop and left proton pack targets. It is a blast to build up the river of slime shot value, cash it in and then start 6x multipliers to blow up a mode. I love the new pink inserts for the river of slime shots. The multi balls are a lot more fun and easier to understand. Very pleased with the new code. I did have a bug last night though. I was playing the Are you a God mode by changing in the adjustments. When I caught 100 ghosts the screen went black but then nothing happened. Was frozen for about a min and then the machine went into ball search but the screen was still black. Had to restart the machine.

can you explain how the new rules work here? Not clear on that.

#1284 4 years ago

Bobby Brown and higher and higher music coming tonight

Premium only

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

So i love the code. I seen online that the music was changed for different modes. Like someone had added bobby brown song from gb 2 movie. Just wondering if anyones done this. Thanks.

yeah - that was me! I've updated the code to work with this lastest version. See below:

premium only:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-116-custom-mix-bobby-brown-and-higher-and-higher

1 week later
#1392 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

No, my update worked. I'm just surprised at how fast and that I didn't lose any settings.

The update didn't work. It says it does but I've had that happen as well and it says updated in two seconds.

Didn't work believe me... Hence why settings haven't changed.

You need to try a different USB as it not reading properly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 103.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider delt31.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=delt31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.