(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

When is the code supposed to be available?

Next week - maybe even Monday

#901 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That sounds like a good change. Lighting both the 2X and 3X for a 6X total PF multiplier was just too imbalanced before. Since they seemed to make many of the other aspects of the game easier which will result in higher scoring, it makes sense to dial the multipliers back a bit. I agree that it really should only be a max of 3X playfield.

When both 2X and 3X are active you get 6X. But the scoring has been dialed back where it was too high, and the PF multipliers only stay lit for a relatively small amount of time. Overall the scoring is much more balanced now.

The new PF Multipliers are great now, and really make the game more fun.

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

wth is up with the lace gloves????

They were part of the Gozer costume, but Jack borrowed them from Gozer.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Anything extra is awesome as I like the game as is but am I missing something like when update is available?
I've been checking daily.

Next Week

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone have a good setting for the auto launch? I lowered mine to like 210 but still having issues.

You may need to make other adjustments. The GB Issue thread has posts to fix an issue near the top of the launch ramp on the right that can upset the ball trajectory and cause it to not go around.

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How do you light the "x3" multiplier? I didnt see that get lit last night when playing.

The same way you light X2. Any time X2 is already lit or flashing, and you "Advance PFX" the X3 will light since X2 is already lit.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so for the guys thinking this truly transforms the game, just curious what new strategies you now have as I def think there are more ways to open this game up then before. For example, hitting the captive balls more (left and center) - hitting the proton pack area - however I'm still not sure of exactly to do - I just know more is there.

The PFX are much more available to strategically stack with modes / multiballs
- You light/advance the PFX (but not start) by shooting the left ramp (collect a gear award), then hit the yellow targets (or left captive ball)
- You Start the PFX by hitting a lit 2X or 3X target (each side of the ramp) - it is active when flashing
- If both are flashing, you have 6X Playfield active

You have better control over which mode to start -> so concentrate on completing any of the 3 ladders
-- the 2 mode ladder is quickest to get to WCWS

The Ghost Collecting is faster and IMO more important now - it's fun to go for Loopin Supers, PKE and Mass Hysteria MB
Awards are:
- 10 - --- light lock SFMB
- 20 - light Tobins (Mystery)
- 30 - --- light lock SFMB
- 40 - light Video Mode
- 50 - --- light lock SFMB + Extra Ball
------------- The following 3 modes are different now...
- 60 - Loopin Supers
- 80 - PKE
- 100 - Mass Hysteria MB

When playing PKE - IMPORTANT - try to keep it going to stack with Mass Hysteria MB. This is the only stack available with PKE.

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

is there a setting to shut off the random scream . I have it in a restaurant and it drives people insane . sorry if this has been answered previously . thanks

Yes - just go to the adjustments menu. It's called something like "Scream Feature" - On/Off

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Couple of glitches I notice, and don't know if this has done this for others. (on LE/Premium Roms)
During Spook Central. After you get the value locked in. The 4 shots come up for the guys, and sometimes after hitting the who brought the dog shot or hitting something else. the PKE shot will qualify without hitting it.
Also happened during who brought the dog with the spinner shot, without actually hitting it.
Also had it when I was doing Spook Central. Again after qualifying value. I had river of slime going, and river of slime is on top of the left ramp white arrow i need to qualify. I hit the ramp and it gave me river of slime, but didn't get credit for the shot for Spook Central. Don't know if this was intentional? Like you have to get rid of the slime before you can get your shot?

Neo - you might be hitting the "Ghost" target during modes, and not realizing that it will spot a mode shot for you. This can be turned off in the setting BTW.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

ghost collecting stops in SFMB when hitting 60 or 80 ghosts, because of looping/pke frenzy. can you confirm?

I can confirm this - yes

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

during WCWS on the librian ladder (2 ball MB) sometimes i get a 3rd ball without getting add-a-ball, is this normal?

You may not have noticed how you get the add-a-ball - maybe it was from a pops award, versus the the left scoop

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Why is the 10% skill shot such a big deal? Its there for every player to utilize. Do people just hate big numbers? Thanks a lot JJP scoring...
@ PanzerFreak Why not just use Pinball Browser and replace one of the drain call outs with "What the hell are you doin?"

The issue is that all the Skill Shots award +10% of your score, and some skill shots specifically award +10% (for a total of +20%), and you can score 2 skill shots per ball. So you can get 30% or more - so it's overly imbalanced. Dwight is still keeping +5% value on the skill shots from what he said in the post. Since you can score 2 Skill Shots, that would still be 10% of your score.

#1352 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Tobins Spirit guide also grants +10% which they might forget to change. Remember Tobins can be juiced for +60% will pf multipliers running which is way more scary to me than the Skill shot thing.
Anybody confirm PKE shot is collecting on the Pro version? Saw some video of PKE running (not stacked with anything) and had a decent amount built up. Hit the right ramp (not once, but twice) to collect and zero value collected both times, or is it broken.

The machine in the stream probably needs the PKE ramp switch adjusted. I've seen that switch not register pretty frequently if not adjusted.

#1360 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

What is the easiest way to light the playfield multipliers with the new code?

- Shoot the left ramp to collect Gear Award and start the Yellow Proton Targets flashing (not always available, but usually)
- Hit the Proton pack (any of the 3 yellow targets), before they stop flashing (it's timed)
--- the 2X will light - if the 2X is already lit/flashing, then the 3X will light

You then need to hit the 2X or 3X standup to start the 2X/3X respectively

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider T7.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=T7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.