(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rager170.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Is the code the only thing missing from this pin? It looks like a pretty good game in the videos I've watched.

I love the game even without the update people have been waiting for.. I doubt it will ever leave my collection. Im also a big 80's movie fan so that helps too haha.

Granted, I did have to fix a few things, the airball issue was annoying but with wedges, its virtually gone now.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Me too. Love me some GB. I've recently been bouncing around the idea of getting this pin. The theme is a homerun for someone like me. I have a feeling prices will be going up a bit if the code update rocks.

Exactly, the theme is great. The artwork is excellent and I personally like the way it plays although some have their issues. I suppose its not as "deep" as some other pins but I like the changup.

1 week later
#630 4 years ago

Just out of curiosity, what are the main complaints with the current code?

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

while asking that question, you than must be part of the 11% happy with the actual code !?

Yea, it doesnt bother me much at all. I can see some room for improvements here or there but even if it didnt happen, I love the GB table...

1 month later
#769 4 years ago

I hope the code is up to the expectations here... as they are HIGH! lol

#801 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

99% sure he is. All the cast is except I haven't heard if Rick Moranis is

Rick Moranis apparently is a complete Ahole in real life. Apparently he has said forever that he didnt want anything to do with Ghostbusters anymore. He has refused to do anything with it, wont do video game voices for it.. nothing.

Ghostbusters 3 with original cast? Bill Murray, while great, looks very very old now..

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

One day left! So stoked!

1 day left to be told how much longer you need to wait?

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Doesn't sound like what I've read about Rick Moranis. His wife passed away and he retired from acting to focus on raising his kids. That's a very selfless thing to do considering he was at the height of his career. He has done some voice work over the years, most recently voicing Dark Helmet again for a Goldbergs episode. In regards to why he wasn't in the Ghostbusters reboot from 2016 he said "it doesn't make sense to me". I think he made the right call! He also had to sign off on his likeness being used in the pinball machine as well as his audio from the films. If he didn't want anything to do with Ghostbusters he wouldn't have done that. Sounds like a good person to me.

Hey, just going off of what I have heard. And as far as using his audio, thats simple to sign off on, but as I have heard, he refuses to do anything more with Ghostbusters and that seems to be true..

#812 4 years ago

So, is the code actually being release today or is it just an announcement for when the code will be coming = more waiting?

I just waxed up the playfield last night in anticipation haha

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it’s like GOT, they are still testing, but it’s close enough to show everyone. Maybe by next Monday it will be live.

Kind of assumed something like that also...

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Unless I missed it, I was hoping there would be more magna-sling code, to make more creative use out of that...

Really? mine go crazy! Have you switched the rubber to the top?

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Fresh update looks amazing. Thank you Dwight and team and thanks Jack for the great quality stream. They all seemed genuinely excited again for Ghostbusters. My flash drive is ready. COLORDMD...any word...you guys think you may have it ready next week? Change that river of slime to pink!

Thats my biggest complaint, the river of slime being green! Id also like to see the mayors door brown and not gray.

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Kind of off topic, but does anyone think they will update this code on Pinball Arcade?

Ha, i asked myself that last night. I dont need to play it on Pinball Arcade since I own it though..

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It isn't like the movie. The red light does not turn off when the green light turns on. Nor are there callouts with any of that phrasing. It creates confusion as to the purpose that could be easily rectified.

I dont think anyone is being confused by this..

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

But sometimes you are on a plane

Ahhh, that is very true! And that is when I am playing the most. That and hotel room.

Also, on Ipad there is a Williams Pinball that is quite good. Same makers as Zen Pinball. The only issue is that it takes a long time to start unlocking things, but it has daily challenges that I enjoy playing. At first, you get to unlock 1 table. If you decide to give it a try, choose wisely as you will be playing that table a lot at first before others unlock...

#988 4 years ago

I’m thinking midweek like Wednesday. Jeez guys chill. Let him take in all the feedback after the stream and do a bit of polish. Still waiting to hear from ColorDMD...it would be nice if they would acknowledge that they will be releasing the update at the same time or VERY soon (don’t forget to fix the river of slime to pink)

And mayors door to brown perhaps?

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Yes a 2 ball multi with slimer is needed, hitting slimer as it moves back and forth for jackpot. Kinda like trying to hit Dracula in monster bash.

I like the jackpot idea!

#1049 4 years ago

Ok wheres the code??? lol

#1096 4 years ago
Quoted from rwh143:

Code is out

You mean THE CODE IS OUT!!!!!

#1106 4 years ago

What does this mean exactly?:

"- Added an adjustment called ENABLING MODE CHAINING. It allows modes to no
longer start the next mode in order for that ladder. The adjustment defaults
to NO. Modes will not chain by default.
- When modes are not chained you have more time to do other game
features and it allows you to change ladders for your next mode."

Does that mean that you can jump around within the ladder? Dont think i like that if so.

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

In the old code, it would link into the next mode if the final shot that was made had a mode linked to it. You can go back to the old way if you want. The new idea is that it doesn't start the mode when you finish your current mode with that shot.
Let me know if I made any sense lol

Oh, i think that make sense. Im fine that it doesnt automatically start the next link in the chain, but I wouldnt want it to, for example, start with WBTD and jump to Stay Puft next.

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Previously, if the last shot of the mode you were working had a ladder associated with it it would automatically start the next mode in the ladder of the shot you last made.
For example, if the shot you had left to finish "Who Brought the Dog" was the big ramp, as you made that shot, it would automatically start "We got one" instead of letting you shoot and start "Spook Central" (next mode in the WBTD ladder).
With "Enable mode chaining" set to NO, the next mode will not automatically start. The next shot you make will choose the next mode you start.

gotcha, thanks. Ok I like that.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

i will be installing on my LE with topper tonight and playing the new code via https://www.twitch.tv/chicagolandpinball
tune in

hahah, i think everyone is going to be playing the new code tonight!

#1125 4 years ago

im a bit surprised by this:

ESP Video mode scores were increased but no longer double each iteration.
- Dont Cross the Streams video mode scores were increased. The maximum is now
80M.

increasing Dont Cross the Streams? I hope they are both more balanced between the two..

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm seeing some crazy huge scores. Do people think the game is too easy with the new default settings? I enjoy progressing through the game but also want it to be a challenge.
Personally I would like it setup where reaching "We Came We Saw" happens only on good game, "We're Ready to Believe You" on an incredible game and "Are You a God" on that game of a lifetime. Theres always something to shoot for then. After a few default setting games I'll likely be turning ghost target mode shot spotting off, disabling modes being marked completed if they are not finished, and turn down the extra balls. Will leave the two ball saves in place.
Installing the update now!
[quoted image]

In my opinion, its definitely way too easy. I am a bit worried that since you can run through the game so quickly, it wont hold its interest for the long run.

Last night I only got to play about 4 or 5 games. I cleared two full ladders and half of another one. Something ive never ever been able to do.

The update is great with the colors and effects and new callouts but yes, I think its far too easy and you can see this by the inflated scores being posted.

#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, bit worried about that. I'm playing the new code leaving ghost target mode shot spotting off, and not letting scenes be marked completed if they are not completed by the player. Every other setting is the new default. I think those two adjustments make the game a lot more challenging, and for the good to great player will make mode progression more rewarding.
I plan to always have GB in my collection so the two adjustments above are a must in my opinion. What's cool is you can play a God mode based game with friends with a quick setting. Then again I don't want to see any spoilers for that mode lol.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its easy to make the game harder (settings, move the outlane posts, etc) but its impossible to make the game easier. Now its easier, its your turn to tighten up the settings to your liking.

Agreed. I am going to have to take some more time to play and find what I need to tweak.

I did notice right away that letting scenes marked completed if they are not completed was far too easy for progression.

Personally, I never felt the original code was "too hard" but I know im in the minority with that.

#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed with these updates.
Also - LOVE the new call out for the storage unit....light is green it's clean. Tons of new colors on the PF for shots too. Reduced flipper to soft right away b/c it was way too strong and even soft is doing well.

Loved that callout also.

#1207 4 years ago

Anyone have a good setting for the auto launch? I lowered mine to like 210 but still having issues.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You may need to make other adjustments. The GB Issue thread has posts to fix an issue near the top of the launch ramp on the right that can upset the ball trajectory and cause it to not go around.

interesting, ill check it out. thanks..

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

choose the lowes setting, no problems since.

oh ok, ill drop it all the way down and see how that works..

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, have to hit a clean shot from really only the left flipper to start far right ladder modes. I thought something was wrong with my game at first. I'm not sure if that's good or not. Maybe at default settings it's a good thing with mode progression having been made easier.

I think its good. I never liked having it start without the orbit. Seems like cheating the system.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The main thing I don't like about it is it just further incentivizes the skill shot exploit.

What exactly is the skill shot exploit?

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My guess would be that it is that you can short plunge and not trigger any switches and then let the ball drain and try again. It's less of an issue now that "light multipliers" skill shot isn't an issue.

Oh gotcha. yea i knew about that but getting that damn "K" is very hard to me...

#1223 4 years ago

How do you light the "x3" multiplier? I didnt see that get lit last night when playing.

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Spoke with stern tech this morning. New code will cause game to reset if you get deep enough into game. I’m apparently not the only one this has happened to according to stern. Please email them and let them know. The game code is fine during a quick game, but if you go deep enough with a lot going on, it WILL reboot. Stinks. Don’t install the new code until it is figures out. It’s not the node board, or cpu, or voltage drop from power supply...../ it’s the code

I actually had this happen once on the old code. Thought it was a fluke..

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

When stern tech gives me more intel I will post an update

Has this happened repeatedly to you?

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Quick question. I was wondering if anybody's heard the quote during Scolari Bros. "Two in the box ready to go, we be fast, they be slow!". Is it still in there? Thanks in advance.

Yes, but it doesnt happen often. I feel like it does this if the SB are knocked down very quickly together...

1 week later
#1452 4 years ago

I checked with Stern about trying to get a topper. They told me apparently they do not have the rights anymore to produce more.

Too bad for everyone wanting one!

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Can maybe someone take a picture of the node board inside the topper ? is it the Node 8 or 9 ?
Maybe it is possible to rebuilt the topper by using a node board with rebuild LED boards ? Housing is a seperate thing...

That would be awesome if someone would replicate these. I do not have one, so cannot help with the node in the topper.

3 weeks later
#1547 4 years ago

But is the river or slime pink?

Yes!

#1548 4 years ago

Funny issue last night. I couldnt get the Chroma file to install on my DMD. Couldnt figure out why...

Then realized that since my computer was downloading it to the "downloads" folder, it already contained a previous file from them and was naming my new file Chroma(1). As simple as adding that (1) to make it not work.

Just an FYI...

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Yeah, best to have the chroma.rom file on an otherwise empty USB stick.

My USB stick was empty.

#1552 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

but the file was not named correctly. Similar thing happened to me the other night.

Yes, because of a pre-existing file of the same name in my computer downloads folder. Just giving a heads up..

#1556 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

When you right click on the file on the support page, select save as, then have it do directly to that USB stick.

Its not the best thing to download directly to a usb drive ive had issues in the past.

1 month later
#1579 4 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

I’m not the only one, it is confirmed by others as well since the update. I have a LE Maschine ....

Mine has done this prior to the new code.. only 1 time.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 103.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Rager170.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=Rager170 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.