(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why are you all so breathlessly awaiting the code update, as if it's due to drop any day now? It's on their "to-do" list and all anyone can do is accept that it'll be done when it's done. I'd be surprised if that day is any time before Expo since that would be a good time to release it so they can use its completion as a bullet point in whatever presentations they have at that event.

Dwight hasn't even started on polishing. The code is probably untouched since his release in January 2017. Worse then that, Dwight seems to not even know what is bad with the code according to his podcast interview.

2 months later
#439 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, no one should ever buy new releases from Stern? You make it sound like this whole issue is the customer's fault.

It is... kind of... Everyone gets hyped as soon as his long beloved theme gets announced. Everyone orders a game without even knowing how it feels, how it plays... Its like buying a car without even test driving it. As long as Stern is able to sell tons of new games shortly after announcement, they will keep the code as flat as possible, since their games are selling well... The result of that are threads like "Munsters. worst code ever? probably"

#477 4 years ago

“Who Brought The Dog, Airball, Drain”
Dang it, I almost fell of my chair.

4 weeks later
#556 4 years ago

This is a fucking joke?!! Stern lied once again. And broke their promises. Ghostbuster HAS priority...

#604 4 years ago

After watching yesterday’s stream. Dwight seems like a good guy even thought he got a lot of shit storm after his quotes on some podcasts and now GOT update being first to come.
If you looked at him at the stream yesterday he seemed like a proud little kid. Wich might have been a bit nervous. But to me he looked passionate to what he did and what he does.
I have to apologize if I had been rude to him in the past. Now it should be clear, that this whole delay is not his fault. It’s Sterns fault. He said he wanted to work on in 2017 but Sterns schedule and his life didn’t allow it.

Anyway, now I am looking forward to his GOT release. And of course his Ghostbusters release.

#622 4 years ago

Game of Thrones code update just got released damn look at all those patch notes. Now onto Ghostbuster I can’t wait. It’s going to be nice.

1 month later
#705 4 years ago
Quoted from Eulenstein:

Next week is Stern of the Union. What do you think? Is it coming tuesday? I guess no. It will be Batman66 first.

Of course not. There will be a reveals stream held by Dead-Flip first. Like it was when GOT update was announced.

2 weeks later
#775 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Do we really need to wait for a dead flip stream? If it's done then why not just release it? I'm not going to watch a stream.

Remember GOT code update? Deadflip showed it of in a stream with Dwight doing some QA in the chat. So he listened to people in the chat and tweaked the code some more and released it the week after the stream.

#785 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

As a beta tester, I can say that i am impressed with the time and effort that Dwight and team have put into to the game improvements. I am very happy with how the game as evolved. I think all GB owners will be pleased with the end result.

If it does contain the amount of changes and tweaks Aerosmith got. It can’t be bad update.
Well we don’t know the size of the patchnotes yet, but I hope it’s equal to Aerosmith. GB deserves it. Also a re run like GOT would be nice, so I can finally get a topper

#817 4 years ago

"Make sure to tune into Dead Flip Pinball Streaming on Twitch next Wednesday, September 18th at 5pmCT"

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are you guys getting an error when installing the update?

The new code is not even out yet.

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm qoing to make them both red. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the code constraints. But it makes the most sense that the 1st contained ghost is green, the second is red, and the 3rd lights the siren.
Current state is that first ghost in storage facility lights the red light. 2nd ghost lights the green light. 3rd ghost lights the red siren, the first red light, and all the other red lights.
So I can't just swap the red and green around or the 3rd ghost will light one green amongst all the other reds.
I don't know why it goes from red to green as it becomes "more unstable."

RobF is a beta tester. I have sent him a PM so he can forward it to Dwight so he might change it

#975 4 years ago

10 bucks for Wednesday

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I too hope that this can be adjusted. Not a big fan of just letting modes timeout etc. I feel the shots should be completed in order to finish the stage.

This adjustment has been in 1.13 I doubt they will remove it.

#1053 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

I am not complaining about the new code, but while he is working on it now he might as well put everything in it that he can before he starts a new project. That way he never has to go back again and be done with the game.

No worries. There will be at least one more update for GB. No matter how much they tested this update. There will be some bugs left wich simply have been missed. During software development it’s impossible to track down all bugs contained in an update. There are so many different variables and circumstances also hardware differences between each game. Some issues can only be found in public.
So i guess in a couple of days/weeks. We will get another fix/tweak adjustments. With maybe even more features like the anticipated Slimer two-ball multiball... Let’s wait and see...

#1056 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I think it's fair to discuss what we'd like to see added, removed, changed, or whatever. But you're right, after this code update is released (and maybe an additional bug fix update), I'd say stern/Dwight have delivered on what was promised and we have no reason to expect Lyman-level supplemental code support.
I still want to see Slimer used more. haha

Sorry if my message has been misunderstood. I just wanted to say there will be at least one more update with fixes. With or without new features.
I like the new update as is. I am not trying to bitch.
But as we all know there can’t be enough features the same with our bank account, there can’t be enough cash on it ;€

1 week later
#1353 4 years ago

I have created a list with bugs in 1.16 I would like to share.

Ghostbusters Bug report 1.16 PRO-Model
1. Add a alert sound for timers running out(Left captive balls)
2. Music within „AYAG Victory laps“ is to dim. Can barely be heard due to the „louder“ sounds effects.
3. Music is not properly stopped at the end of „AYAG“ victory laps. Plays during bonus count.
4. Left orbit skill shot cheat does still work. If you plunge the ball soft so it just rolls over the loop switch but doesn´t make it trough the gate behind Marshmallow-Man and then rolls back again over the loop switch. The skill shot is then still being awarded. ONLY if skill shot doesnt start a scene.
5. Add a sound effect for hurry-up time out for „light playfield multipliers“ at the captive balls.
6. Add a sound effect for „light playfield multipliers“ awarded from captive balls.
7. Extra ball light show shouldn´t play during multiballs. Even if it has a blow off. Balls are lost to easily.
8. Spook Central hurry-up still starts to early if you blow off the start sequence.
9. Add a flasher lightshow during Loopin supers. So the playfield is not so empty and dark.
Use the two red mars dome flashers at the ramp, they actually dont do much in the game. What about leting them each alternate double flash the whole time?
10. „light playfield multipliers“ being awarded incorrect from the captive balls.
If either „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer has been started. And during either of those timers the „light playfield multipliers“ timer is being started via a ramp shot. If then „light storage facility“ or „light super jackpot“ timer times out and the balls are being reset, „light playfield multipliers“ is awarded when they shouldn´t be.
11. There are some lights missing at the start animation of Storage Facility multiball.
Library Lock Arrow(red)
Super Jackpot arrow(red)
Spinner Flasher(red)
Stay Puft(red)
12. During the swipe attract mode lamp effect and Bonus count. Some of the lights stay lit, when they should not be. Gear standup target light, depending on which were lit during gameplay.
13. Use the middle Ghost ladder 20,40,60,80,100 during „WARTBY“ to indicate how much ghosts have been collected.
14. Speed up the blink frequency of the right arrow light. When the „River of Slime“ timer runs out.
15. Gear target, Captive ball(left and middle) and River of Slime timers are not properly held if ball is sitting in left scoop, left up-post or subway. For example the ball is being held at the subway to indicate 10 Ghosts collected Storage Facility is lit. The timers can run out.
16. Rework multiball ball save feature. If balls are being kicked out at the left or right scoop. A ballsaver activates for a few seconds and saves drained balls. It´s possible to save multiple balls during one ballsave timer.
-Limit the amount of balls being saved to 1 ball per save.
-Limit the amount of ball saves started via scoops during multiball to 3 or make it adjustable.
17. God mode Adjustments.
-If Game mode is set to God mode, add an adjustment to disable this after a power cycle.
-Add an adjustment for starting God mode via key combination. Both flippers then start. So it can be played on location. Also would be nice to add a display advertisement lets say "Are you a God? Hold both flipperbuttons and press start. To proof you really are!"
18. „light playfield multipliers“ are being awarded via the captive balls, without shooting the captive ball around the loop. Just hitting the ball slightly is enough? Is this on purpose or an issue?
19. Slimer slime is erasing River of Slime shots. If there were some River of Slime shots lit and you hit slimer. The purple slime gets exchanged by green slime? Is this on purpose? Or should both shots stay lit?
20. Slimer is not ending skill shot. If the ghost target is hit to start slimer at the beginning of the ball. Skill shot is still available for collecting. Shouldn´t it end the skill shot?
21. (PRO only) Right ramp registering two hits instead of one, if a ball is being shoot up the right ramp slowly. One of the 3 inline switches registers a hit, if the ball starts then rolling slowly back down the lower exit switch registers another hit.
22. Add a little Slimer multiball. If in Mainplay and ladders are ready to start a mission. Hit the Ghost target 4 times to spell Ghost (G always spelled) and start a little two ball multiball. Without add-a-balls.
23. Librarian mini mode should not be allowed to start during active scenes.
24. There are some lights missing at the extra ball awarded animation.
Stay Puft(Green)
Stay Puft(White)
25. Left captive balls award „light Storage Facility“ even when the final Storage Facility shot is already lit.
-“light Storage Facility“ timer also keeps running during SF multiball if “light Storage Facility“ timer has been started before SF Multiball start. “light Storage Facility“ can be awarded during multiball.
26. Pict-o-pops do award add time when there is nothing to add time.
27. If bonus is maxed at 20X and PKE lanes are completed again. Add an reward.
28. Rework Playfield multiplier rule. These are way to easy to get. So scores went through the roof to quick and easy.
29. Sometimes left captive balls start both „light Storage Facility“ and „light Super Jackpot“ timers at the same time. Also gives out both awards with the same shot.
30. After finishing WARTBY the ball should not be auto plunged at the start of AYAG.
31. The sound quality of some sounds is worse. For example the new speech calls at "Who brought the dog" might be an software issue?
32. Some of the new music and sound effects are played at different volumes.
33. Backbox lightning effects are sometimes reversed to the GI lamp effects. For example at the start of AYAG.
34. Ladder modes are not properly awarded. When the ball drains during grace period after mode timer has run out.
35. Left captive balls give out gear award when „light playfield multipliers“ is collected.
36. If god mode adjustment is changed to normal mode, while in god mode bonus count. You can keep playing a normal game on ball 2 with the score achieved in god mode.

#1355 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

That's a lot of bugs!
Have you emailed them to Stern?

Yes I did. Just wanted to share them with all of you.

#1363 4 years ago
Quoted from Eulenstein:

Well done! I havn‘t noticed all these bugs in the new code.

I love little details. So these bugs caught my attention. I doubt 1/3 of these will be fixed. Since some of them were already in 1.13.

#1364 4 years ago
Quoted from hesiro:

Please do it also in the tiltforum.com, Dwight is readying there.

Sorry I am not registered on tiltforum but if you want to share them, feel free to post is on there.

Quoted from pipes:

Yes, very well done. I did notice a few one those but didn't realize there were so many.
One thing that would be great is the ability to somehow enable or disable 'God Mode' without having to go into the settings.

Yes, it would be nice. I mentioned it at 17. in my list above. Hold both flippers to start a god mode timer. Like competition mode is also started.

#1379 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Hey Stern, found your next beta tester...Well done

I offered my help. The response after posting my list was "Thanks for your time." Not very nice...

Todays 1.17 patch shows how much interest Stern has. So I guess it won't happen. It's done.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I wrote this already on the tiltforum, but you could be interested.
also some feedback on the coil sound would be nice.
Since the update, the gate on the orbit makes a buzz sound when opening.
You have to turn down game musik to hear it clear:

Don‘t worry. The sound is normal. They changed the frequency of the pulse-width modulation.
So the coils are no longer running at full power, this means the coils can now run a longer time without getting hot too quickly.
The Pro is activating both loop-gate and ramp-diverter coils with just one output. This means both are activated at the same time.
The issue with earlier code versions, the ramp-diverter coil got very hot after a couple games and then the ramp-diverter started to mailfunction. Some balls where not diverted when they should have been.
It’s good they fixed it.

2 weeks later
#1537 4 years ago

It has not.

1 week later
#1561 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Is there rumor or another final or is 1.17 the final installment - don’t expect anything else

Another update would be nice, since there are still some little details missing and broken. And according to some post on here, some mayor performance and game breaking bugs are still in 1.17

#1563 4 years ago

Well I can’t speak for the mayor reset bug. Since my machine seems not to be affected by this bug.
But i postet a huge list of bugs and missing things in post #1353 in this thread. This list was for 1.16.
I was so disappointed of the 1.17 update so i never updated the bug list for 1.17. Since Stern obviously doesn’t give a fuck and only addressed i think 2 or 3 bugs mentioned in the list.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Machine - For Sale
Chippewa, PA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Midway-Man.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=Midway-Man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.