(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Do you think they will make more Pros and LE models if a significant and well received update is released?

Maybe Pros and Premiums. Pretty sure the LE's were totally sold out. Not to say they wouldnt make a special release of a premium maybe that is a little different than the original... sorta like what they did with Batman 66 Catwoman edition. I think we would also have to assume they still have the license to even produce new machines....

1 week later
#502 4 years ago

Last GB update was Jan 2017. Batman 66 came out Dec 2016. so its close!

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes it is. Stern can now use it again lol.
[quoted image]

30th Month Anniversary of the Last GB code update!

1 week later
#521 4 years ago
Quoted from hesiro:

Joke/Irony:
Next code update came when Stern relaunching Ghostbusters VE

Star Trek got a code update with its Vault release, so it's totally plausible!

2 weeks later
#575 4 years ago

You all need to sit tight and wait to watch the Dead Flip stream of GOT to get a sense of what kind of effort is potentially going into Ghostbusters. If the GOT update was just a few piddly fixes, I don’t think you’d be seeing Dead Flip make an event out of it.

Also, Dwight’s been working on Spike II games for a while, getting back to Spike I is probably a little different workflow he needs to get used to, let him resharpen the saw on GOT and then totally kick ass on the GB update I say.

Also, who’s to say GOT updates didn’t get done a long time ago and just got stalled during regression testing and fix phases to finally get it out the door now.

Rolling out code later in a products life is a little more sensitive, and requires a lot more testing. You obviously don’t want to rush the update and then discover some condition you missed in testing and suddenly the code is blowing node boards, or breaking scoring, etc.

Also on fattdirk’s point about an IP being hot....GB 3 is currently filming. There will be renewed interest in Ghostbusters for sure over the next year.

2 months later
#1120 4 years ago

Just played 4 or 5 games. I am technically working from home today, so I couldn't focus on the game that deeply, but I am really liking what I am seeing so far. Lots of nice little touches and changes to callouts, some new lighting effects, and I noticed even the backbox light flashing now during certain jackpots and other events. the Playfield multipliers are way easy to get going now, almost too easy, it seemed like I almost always had a multiplier going through most of my games, which would be a rare occurrence on the old code. Looking forward to doing a deep dive on this later tonight after work/dinner/gym so I can work up to We Are ready to believe you!

Did anyone have a chance to look through the game options to see if we can start the game at We Are Ready To Believe you? That would be an amazing stand alone game to play for dollars with your buddies.

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Sure can!
If set to GOD MODE, when you start a game you will start at the begining
of "We Are Ready To Believe You" wizard mode. You can add players or you
can plunge the ball. Plunging the ball will start the multiball.
- If you complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" you will start "ARE YOU A
GOD?". When "ARE YOU A GOD?" ends your game will end.
- If you do not complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" the game will end.
- Added a GOD MODE champion. If the game is set to NORMAL this will not be
seen in the attract mode.
- If GOD MODE is enabled you cannot MATCH, win a replay, or qualify for
other high scores champions.

Excellent! After seeing JimB's post about adjustment 65, I ran down to the game room and tried it. This is so awesome!

1 week later
#1403 4 years ago

I am also having this issue with 1.17 on my Pro. Used the same stick that I used for 1.16... start the process, there is no progress or anything and then just after 20 seconds or so of doing nothing it says it's done and to remove the stick and power cycle... just boots back up to version 1.16 again

Has anyone with a pro gotten this to work?

#1413 4 years ago

Mine won't do anything when I press +/-. When I hit Select it will make a 'thunk' sound and do nothing and then say it is complete and to remove USB and power cycle, exactly like in the video seenev posted a few posts above. So strange, never had problems like this and I've updated Spike games dozens and dozens of times with no issues like this in the past.

I'm going to try a different stick now and see what happens.

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

ONE Simple question stern.... Can I see how many balls are locked on my pro ghostbusters now?

On the Storage facility plastic above right kickout/saucer, there are two lights. If red only is lit, its 1 ball locked. If Red and Green are lit, its 2 balls locked.

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Updating the code to 1.17 seems impossible. I used the USB-card that worked the last time for 1.16, but not now. There must be a bug in the installer.

Yup, very frustrating! I've tried a couple different keys, redownloaded the file a couple times, no luck, same result every time. Code update comes up when i boot with it, but I still cannot select any option with the +/-, i can hit the select/Enter button on the right hand of the controls, its makes a sound.... seems to do nothing for about 15 seconds, and then says its done and to remove USB and power cycle. Just gonna wait this one out a bit until everyone has been able to consistently get it installed.

1 week later
#1501 4 years ago

Finally got my 1.17 code installed. Found a 32GB stick, did a full format on it, dropped the spk file on it, still had problems a few times, to the point it wouldnt even detect I had a stick plugged into the machine when I booted it. This has been the most troublesome update I've ever dealt with, at one point I was just going to give it up and try to be happy living with 1.16 for eternity! I am now wondering if versions past 1.17 will give me the same hassle going forward.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JoshODBrown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=JoshODBrown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.