(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#8 5 years ago

Do something with the red outlane inserts.

Revamp the skillshot or remove it all together...it really messes up scoring.

1 month later
#28 5 years ago

When people stop buying new games with shitty code, Stern might start to listen. But people are happily buying unfinished games, and apparently they bought a ton of GB. So Stern doesn't really have the motivation to even do better at this point when there is new money to pillage. Stop buying, and make sure they are told why.

4 months later
#84 5 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

My novice guests would be already happy if they (including myself) can see, at any time, which ball they are currently playing...

And the score. I'm pretty sure the score shows roughly 3 seconds for every 5 minutes of gameplay.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Hopefully the code update actually happens. Be really shitty if stern just didn’t bother since it’s out of production anyways. It’s already a joke waiting 2 years for promised code.

I contacted their support a couple times via the web site...all I got out of them is "we will forward your concerns to the code team". But it wouldn't hurt to keep contacting them and let them know they are losing future sales over this.

#111 5 years ago

Stern also said they didn't forget about GB code.... 26 months ago.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, he's not working on it until Munsters is done which probably won't be that much longer. Dwight also mentioned in the podcast that he's the next programmer in line to roll off a project who will then have time to work on other items. He mentioned that other programmers have been able to work on other items as they had a break between games, Dwight is about to get that once Munsters is done.

He seemed more interested and less aloof when talking about getting to work on GOT compared to Ghostbusters.

2 weeks later
#136 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Not finishing games is exhausting

Look at what Lyman puts out at each update and then look at what Dwight does each Munsters update. Easy to see who is just drawing a paycheck and who actually is passionate about their job.

#145 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Other than Stern said they would, why should we think they'll update the code for a game out of production? What do they have to gain?

Because they do it regularly...Kiss just got one.

#146 5 years ago

My GB just turned 3 this month! And its not complete yet

1 week later
#165 5 years ago

I'm honestly starting to think Stern is waiting for people to quit bringing it up so they can quietly remove it from the upcoming code list....never to be done.

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I break their balls on every new code post.
Guilty as charged

I'm surprised they haven't banned you yet.

3 weeks later
#194 4 years ago

I am trying to go back and locate the post from facebook, but I saw something recently that someone was spending some time looking into filing a lawsuit against Stern over this along the lines of false advertising. I have no idea how serious it was, but it is interesting nonetheless.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't see why this is so hard to do. They seem to have plenty of non-lead people capable of taking Dwight's (or ours) wishlist for an update and just let them go with it.

Because Gomez told us that if nobody on the team has a real passion to do the job, they don't bother doing it.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That's a ground up project though. This is almost finished and could be if you give somebody a month or two and leave them alone while they do it. This is the most focused on issue the company has at the moment. If they would just get it done with a meaningful update they would have so many people STFU. What's the next biggest cluster after that? The Star Wars topper? After that? Handle this issue, handle the SW issue, and then things get pretty calm.

The problem is that Stern is so arrogant that they don't view this as a problem. Nobody there will even commit to giving any kind of answer other than they will get to it at some point. Stern is printing money, and circling back around on this is a sunk cost. Pinheads are going to keep buying games the day they are announced without playing them. Gomez even said a while back that GB sold well enough that it's not really a priority to them.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

did you tell gomez your thoughts on Dwight games and selling MunLE? curious what the response will be..

I've emailed Gomez in the past. He doesn't respond to anything GB related. Great business ethics over there.

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I've had that conversation personally with Gary. I was reluctantly answered with "It will get done."

Gary wouldn't respond to my email, and I was even polite.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

He probably gets hundreds of emails a day, if not more. So, when he sees another "RE: GB CODE", it's an automatic right click, delete!
Not for nothing, that's probably what I would do, or have an automated response to those emails.

I'll make my next subject line "RE: Free beer and cocaine!"

3 weeks later
#336 4 years ago

It's because Dwight is too proud to see that it is flawed, and doesn't really want to do it. We all saw the interview...

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

If that was the case, no one should ever buy NIB releases.

And LE buyers have no choice if they want to get an LE.

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

ok, probably dumb question. what exactly are the issues with the code? i was thinking of getting this game. playing it in arcades, i like the different modes, toys, look, etc.

Are you a God mode is completely missing, library insert has no purpose, the scoring is terribly imbalanced. A 60m video mode is kinda stupid. That's the basic list for starters.

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I just don't understand why it has to be such a big secret. Why not just say..."hey we hear you guys, we have an epic update coming but we are ensuring we get it right before we release it...we anticipate releasing it in ____ 2019."

They would actually have to start working on the update to be able to put an estimated date on when it will be finished.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I agree it sucks as a competition game due to the video mode points being way high. In league we just have a gentleman's agreement not to go for it. My point is that the level of crying on this thread makes it sound like the game is worthless and unplayable (Which is it for low skill players due to geometry). You did exactly what I suggested. Sell the machine and move on if you don't like it. I did the same with Guardians; I found the game to be horrible at best codewise.
I do think Stern is being an absolute turd by promising an update and not following thru. It's almost worse than when they used to tell us nothing at all.
Fingers crossed we get an update soon. I want to see that librarian insert lit up in all it's glory!!

Guardians became pretty darn fun in the last code update... How long ago did you sell it? I don't really care much for the theme, but I have a great time playing it.

1 week later
#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that you are going to be disappointed. I will be shocked if we get a huge code update. It will probably just be a few small things and thats it. They arent even making this title anymore so i dont see any incentive for them to work real hard on a new code for this game. I hope im wrong but i doubt that i am.

Ghostbusters is still being made...they had a batch on the line within the last month or two.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don’t think you should worry about GB slipping off the newsletter. If Stern was ready to pull the plug on GB code, they would release a final update with minor bug fixes and announce it in Stern of the union. Grappling with what impediments there are besides brain power and elbow grease. My guess is the task of completing GB code keeps getting passed around from person to person and that the parameters are unclear. A Stern programmer makes progress but is pulled off and the task is reassigned. Repeat five or six times and suddenly it is July 2019.
There some structural problems with the current approach, bugs are everywhere, the final wizard mode is missing and lots of polishing will be required. GB code needs a Project Manager assigned and for an approach and schedule to be developed. I’d be happy if Stern of the Union let us know who this person was and committed to releasing it in 2019. Let’s get this one knocked out and put a big red bow on it before Christmas.
GB would be a good title to vault, or to just keep running on the line. If code was radically different or significantly better as a result of Stern’s efforts, demand would increase. Stern would benefit from new sales and increased goodwill from existing customers. Everybody wins.

They should move the flippers closer together and convert the game into Spike2 with movie clips, etc. It would be one of their best games of all time.

1 week later
#554 4 years ago

Game of thrones is getting an update released. Un-fucking-real.

20190712_125649 (resized).jpg20190712_125649 (resized).jpg
#557 4 years ago

And another game jumps GB on the schedule.

#567 4 years ago

Dude is such a turd.

20190712_215025 (resized).jpg20190712_215025 (resized).jpg
#568 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Already in the works, at least that’s the word on the street.

100 unit run of pros is on the line now. No changes to art or anything like that.

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL,
I can understand people being disappointed by GB code. I sold mine pretty quickly for just that reason. Too linear for me. I do not understand the personal attacks tho. No one knows what the internal priorities for work flow within Stern are except those inside Stern. Personally attacking someone you are looking to get support from does not make sense to me. For example, would you personally attack to a food server prior to getting your food ? Think about it .
Maybe all the personal attacks slowed down some’s Motivation. Go after Stern as a company all you want. Stern management sets the priorities.
I would leave the individual contributors alone in a public forum. Just my two cents. Which is worth just that. .

Stern has screwed us GB owners around for 30 months now. There has been virtually zero communication on when we may see an update, other than being told it's coming and the goal line being continuously moved for 2.5 years now. Dwight even said on the H2H interview that he doesn't really see many issues with GB. If the lead coder is completely blinded by the pile of crap that the GB code currently is, then no...I don't respect the guy. And no, I don't respect Stern for they way they have handled the last 30 months of lies. Many of us have emailed and contacted Stern through multiple channels now, and it has been radio silence all along. Why even publish a SOTU code schedule when it's pretty obvious that you never come close to following it?

#599 4 years ago

Well, I guess I can be optimistic again for another month or two.

2 weeks later
#647 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

So over in the JP2 thread there has been a lot of talk about GB and the flipper gap. Apparently Stern has come out and said not only is there the Treudeau gap, but apparently an additional 1/8" was added be accident. Can anyone confirm this? I know a lot of people switched to carrot flippers and that seems to work just fine, however, IMO, the only thing more ridiculous than the look of that gap is the look of goofy carrot flippers.
I've been kicking around the idea of making a router template to lay over the playfield and elongate the flipper holes which would allow the flipper mechs to be mounted lower closing the gap. In doing this the in lane ball guides may need to be stretched too, but those need addressed for air balls anyways. It would be semi reversible as I would just need to move the flipper mechs back to the original holes.

The flipper gap mistake thing started with Rarehero, you'll need to take that up with him.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/101#post-3854736

Also, the outlanes are brutal because the slings are steeper than normal, which has a tendency to shoot the ball straight to the outlane. I think this could be fixed with a couple double-wide posts on the bottom of the slingshot triangle. You will probably have to tweak the switch a bit also.

1 month later
#797 4 years ago

Ernie and the rest of the Ghostbusters seem like a group of genuinely good dudes.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider JodyG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1?tu=JodyG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.