(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

Reduced flipper gap to standard size
Looks suspect

This ones obviously a joke.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

This ones obviously a joke.

I think the whole thing is a joke, and not a very.funny one.

#303 4 years ago

Reduced flipper gap made me smile

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I think the whole thing is a joke, and not a very.funny one.

I won’t be amused if it ALL was a joke.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I won’t be amused if it ALL was a joke.

I would bet money that its a total hoax.

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Thought I'd drop this here since this is the official code laziness thread. It has since been deleted. Friend sent it to me but by the time I checked it was gone.
Gracias Stern.
[quoted image]

Oh man! Really hope this is true. Bit concerned with it being labeled "1.14" as last change was "1.13". Hoping it's a big update. 29 months coming this Tuesday!

#307 4 years ago

Guess we will hear if this is real or fake come tomorrow with Sterns June Stern of the Union.

Screenshot_20190603-101921_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190603-101921_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190603-102014_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190603-102014_Chrome (resized).jpg

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Guess we will hear if this is real or fake come tomorrow with Sterns June Stern of the Union.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Everyone's going to block Canadian arcade tomorrow for this nonsense.

#309 4 years ago

So is it a joke or not.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

So is it a joke or not.

Gotta be.
Whoever pretended to install it yesterday would be posting everywhere by now with breaking news.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Gotta be.
Whoever pretended to install it yesterday would be posting everywhere by now with breaking news.

or Stern has asked them not to share it until they announce it. Timing is very close to tomorrow's Stern of the Union address, should hear something then one way or another.

#312 4 years ago

Unless there is some way to correct the size of the flipper gap with software (gotta see that one! ), this has to be a hoax.

#313 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Unless there is some way to correct the size of the flipper gap with software (gotta see that one! ), this has to be a hoax.

The change log was a joke someone posted here, separate from what Canadian Arcade posted.

#314 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

or Stern has asked them not to share it until they announce it. Timing is very close to tomorrow's Stern of the Union address, should hear something then one way or another.

Has Stern ever timed an update with a Stern of the Union announcement for that "surprise" reaction?

And only one person getting it downloaded before it disappeared, I find suspect? I'm sure there are people on that site constantly just waiting to see something. These guys were only ones in the right place at the right time....fishy.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Has Stern ever timed an update with a Stern of the Union announcement for that "surprise" reaction?
And only one person getting it downloaded before it disappeared, I find suspect? I'm sure there are people on that site constantly just waiting to see something. These guys were only ones in the right place at the right time....fishy.

Yeah, could all be a hoax. After waiting nearly 29 months for a code update it's easy to believe anything lol.

#316 4 years ago

Unless they are beta testing it.

#317 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Unless they are beta testing it.

Confirmed?! lol

Screenshot_20190603-165357_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190603-165357_Chrome (resized).jpg

#318 4 years ago

Really fucked up joke.

Whatevs.

AC7BEC51-E40E-419B-8814-F6D518F8972D (resized).pngAC7BEC51-E40E-419B-8814-F6D518F8972D (resized).png
#319 4 years ago

So glad I never bought GB pro. It was supposed be my first game, but we drove home with AS pro instead that summer.

#320 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Really fucked up joke.
Whatevs.[quoted image]

Picture now deleted from their Instagram page, up vote about "beta testing" removed from here, picture of update also removed from Facebook page. If it was a joke I think they would have admitted it and left the pics up. My guess, Stern asked them to take the pictures down. That's what I'm hoping for at least!

#321 4 years ago

This logic makes sense.
Why remove a joke?
Plus everyone including me has screenshots to prove it was there. lol

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This logic makes sense.
Why remove a joke?
Plus everyone including me has screenshots to prove it was there. lol

Same reason why you’d remove something that pisses someone off.

I’m a for jokes, don’t get me wrong. There’s a time when you say “Ha! Gotcha!” and move on.

#323 4 years ago

I sympathize with the people holding out hope that it's real, but don't build yourself up for more disappointment. It's clearly fake.

#324 4 years ago

I will admit that is a pretty good fake DMD pic. I assume they edited the version themselves as it doesn't look photoshopped.

Really brutal though lol.

#325 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I will admit that is a pretty good fake DMD pic. I assume they edited the version themselves as it doesn't look photoshopped.
Really brutal though lol.

The “4” doesn’t look right. I’ll admit, I got really excited once I saw it, so much so that I’d believe almost anything I saw without looking too deep into it.

Jokes on me ::sigh::

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#326 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

So glad I never bought GB pro. It was supposed be my first game, but we drove home with AS pro instead that summer.

Been checking this thread frequently just dying for someone to tell your AS pick up story. It's so much more epic than I expected. Thanks bud.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Been checking this thread frequently just dying for someone to tell your AS pick up story. It's so much more epic than I expected. Thanks bud.

Quoted from pipes:

No problem. Have fun your GB. . Who brought the dog....who brought the dog.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

No problem. Have fun your GB. . Who brought the dog....who brought the dog.

Not to get in the middle of something that seems personal between two people, but this knock on GB always make me laugh. There are five modes that you can play without playing WBTD. And you can get to the mini-wizard mode by playing just two of them. Why wouldn't you do that? Just because you choose to start with the same mode every time is your issue. Or were you a plunge "exploit" fan and didn't choose at all?

Which mode do you start with on AS? I'm sure it's a different one every time.

#329 4 years ago

Stern you better be looking at these posts and finally end the crap and give a well overdue update.

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Stern you better be looking at these posts and finally end the crap and give a well overdue update.

"Ghostbusters remains on our schedule."

#331 4 years ago

GB for Stern must be a real cluster fuck,
I mean how can this game take so long to bring a code out amazes me.

We will release a code update when this is done, oww wait, when that one is done, oww bugger when the next release is done.
FFS just get someone to complete the code and move on.

So glad I sold MunLE!
another shit storm - Enough Dwight games for me!

P.s I noticed George Gomez read my message on facebook regarding GB code and what I thought, But no reply!
Seems the way Stern works.

Wish Bally Williams were back to kick their (_*_)

#332 4 years ago

Sadly another copy and paste update for June. Wait now stands at 29 months, nearly 2 1/2 years...

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#333 4 years ago

I'm done defending this game.

#334 4 years ago

GB ROI update. Projecting to be at 100% early 2020. Probably will still have 1.13.

I set a calendar event for 8 weeks after Munsters 1.00 came out. I was not holding my breath prior to that, but I think if we don’t see a GB update by 8 weeks after Munsters 1.00 it won’t happen. Shame too because there are a lot of Stern games I want. There are also a lot of other options and will support them instead.

B19681DE-E894-47EB-A1E9-594DAB4C220C (resized).jpegB19681DE-E894-47EB-A1E9-594DAB4C220C (resized).jpeg
#335 4 years ago

October - 2017 Ghostbusters – As soon as Star Wars is complete, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.

November - 2017 Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.

December - 2017 Ghostbusters – With Star Wars coming to completion soon, we will be focusing on a final update for Ghostbusters.

January - 2018 Ghostbusters – Ghostbusters is still in line for a final update.

February - 2018 We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS.

March - 2018 We continue to add resources to our software department to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS.  We expect for these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.

April - 2018 With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, bug fixes and various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith and KISS.  We expect for these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer.

May - 2018 Not Archived on Stern's web site

June - 2018 With the added resources to our software department, we continue to address updates, enhancements, and bug fixes while adding
various polish to our catalog of previous titles including Ghostbusters, Aerosmith, and KISS.  We expect these code updates to start releasing by mid-Summer, starting with Aerosmith first.

July - 2018 Aerosmith updates are deep in development and still slated for a mid-Summer release.  KISS will follow Aerosmith’s updates, followed by Ghostbusters.

August - 2018 Aerosmith – Work continues on the next Aerosmith update and it’s taking longer than anticipated with internal development, testing, and trying to make a great game even better!  Our goal is to release this by the end of next month.  We still have KISS updates following Aerosmith which will be followed by a Ghostbusters update.

September - 2018 Not Archived on Stern's web site

October - 2018 Aerosmith v 1.06.0 was released last month, if you didn’t get a chance to check out the big update!  KISS updates are currently in development with Ghostbusters still in line after the KISS release.

November - 2018 Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains a priority in our schedule after the KISS release.

December - 2018 Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains in our schedule.

January - 2019 Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains in our schedule.

February - 2019 Ghostbusters code update is delayed, but remains in our schedule.

March - 2019 Ghostbusters code update remains in our schedule.

April - 2019 Ghostbusters code update remains in our schedule.

May - 2019 Ghostbusters code update remains in our schedule.

June - 2019 Ghostbusters code update remains in our schedule.

1. The check is in the mail.
2. I love you.
3. I won't cum in your mouth.
4. We will update Ghostbusters code.

Now you tell me which is the biggest lie.

#336 4 years ago

It's because Dwight is too proud to see that it is flawed, and doesn't really want to do it. We all saw the interview...

#337 4 years ago

Can’t imagine how long we’d have to wait if Stern hadn’t prioritized this in Nov 2018. We might be still discussing this 7 years from now. As it stands we may need to hold out another 12 months, tops.

#338 4 years ago

I’m done.

Gonna go play a few games on my pro now.

#339 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I’m done.
Gonna go play a few games on my pro now.

Lol.

#340 4 years ago

Well, Stern has left me no choice.

Gonna grab the Pop Bumper sound from “The Sopranos”, edit some words, and install it on my GB Prem.

“Where’s the @#$&*%+ Code?”

#341 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

It's because Dwight is too proud to see that it is flawed, and doesn't really want to do it. We all saw the interview...

Sorry must have missed interview. Could you tell me where to find it? thanks

#342 4 years ago
Quoted from pinzone:

Sorry must have missed interview. Could you tell me where to find it? thanks

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/head2head-pinball/id1263342244?i=1000427623557

#343 4 years ago

The worst part about that interview is Dwight saying that "Are You a God" shouldn't have been listed on the rules card and that he doesn't know if it will end up in the game. That's complete BS. Are You a God is an advertised feature on the game and if it doesn't make it into the game that's false advertising by Stern.

Stern could be taking a completely different approach with this game and come out and say "We hear you, we are going to address your concerns, and deliver a great code update for Ghostbusters". That would create a bunch of goodwill but instead they are doing the exact opposite.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I would agree with that. It has become a bigger deal, simply because Stern has seemly treated it as a punchline for the past 2.5 years.

I stand by my earlier statements, Ghostbusters code update is a punchline for Stern. I do think some here were over reacting initially, the code is fine, but not polished; however after stating there would be a code update and not delivering people have every right to be upset. The way Stern is handling this is beyond frustrating. They owe to their customers, who spent thousands of dollars on their products, to provide a more detailed explanation on the status of this update.

#345 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I stand by my earlier statements, Ghostbusters code update is a punchline for Stern. I do think some here were over reacting initially, the code is fine, but not polished; however after stating there would be a code update and not delivering people have every right to be upset. The way Stern is handling this is beyond frustrating. They owe to their customers, who spent thousands of dollars on their products, to provide a more detailed explanation on the status of this update.

Agreed. Saying it's on the schedule isn't good enough at this point. I want to know what has to happen before GB is worked on in a dedicated fashion. Once upon a time we were told Star Wars 1.00. Well that's come and gone. And then that programmer has gone to 1.00 on the NEXT game. What gives? Don't have it on your schedule, it's time to make it your priority.

#346 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern could be taking a completely different approach with this game and come out and say "We hear you, we are going to address your concerns, and deliver a great code update for Ghostbusters". That would create a bunch of goodwill but instead they are doing the exact opposite.

What boggles my mind is that pinball is such a fun product, and a cool one at that. Stern should be embracing the fact they are the leader in this recreational hobby and be engaging with their customers and fans in a manner that reflects the industry they are in. This isn't something as boring as washing machines... or even Dunder Mifflin paper. This is a colorful, vibrant industry that deals with freggin GAMES.

Yet despite all that, these overly scripted blurbs from their marketing (and probably legal) group sound so forced... so prepared... so corporate... the opposite of how one would imagine a company in this industry to operate. They don't need to be wildly unprofessional, but hell, stop acting so robotic with this all.

Something like "Regarding GB code, we hear you and apologize for the delays. Our programming staff is currently tied down with our next two games, and here's a peak at one of them (insert zoomed in teaser pic of something small). We aim to have GB code completed by the end of this year, and if we don't meet that deadline, Gary will take a shot of raw goat milk during the next DeadFlip gameplay stream of our latest title (insert second teaser pic)."

Boom. It's an update, something to generate hype for an upcoming game, and something fun. Obviously I swung the pendulum a bit far in the opposite direction with the raw goat milk, but I think somewhere between goat milk and their shitty canned responses, there's opportunity for much better and EFFECTIVE communication.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

...the code is fine, but not polished...

sorry but no (from a "player" point of view)

the general idea is there, OK
but code is still buggy, scoring is unbalanced, things are missing... its actually far from being complete, and for sure need more than just a polish... :/

#348 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

What boggles my mind is that pinball is such a fun product, and a cool one at that. Stern should be embracing the fact they are the leader in this recreational hobby and be engaging with their customers and fans in a manner that reflects the industry they are in. This isn't something as boring as washing machines... or even Dunder Mifflin paper. This is a colorful, vibrant industry that deals with freggin GAMES.
Yet despite all that, these overly scripted blurbs from their marketing (and probably legal) group sound so forced... so prepared... so corporate... the opposite of how one would imagine a company in this industry to operate. They don't need to be wildly unprofessional, but hell, stop acting so robotic with this all.
Something like "Regarding GB code, we hear you and apologize for the delays. Our programming staff is currently tied down with our next two games, and here's a peak at one of them (insert zoomed in teaser pic of something small). We aim to have GB code completed by the end of this year, and if we don't meet that deadline, Gary will take a shot of raw goat milk during the next DeadFlip gameplay stream of our latest title (insert second teaser pic)."
Boom. It's an update, something to generate hype for an upcoming game, and something fun. Obviously I swung the pendulum a bit far in the opposite direction with the raw goat milk, but I think somewhere between goat milk and their shitty canned responses, there's opportunity for much better and EFFECTIVE communication.

That would make sense if they had any intention of doing the code update.

#349 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

OMG.
Someone in Chicago should put the above post on a giant poster and stick it on Sterns front door.

#350 4 years ago

Let me guess what’s on the schedule for July

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/7?hl=eulenstein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.