(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 32.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well if that’s the case then wait and buy a Premium model instead of blindly spending 15k or whatever they cost where you live. If you wasn't bitching about it i wouldn't even care but the fact that you are raising hell about it tells me you are making terrible decisions when buying these games.

Why should my post worry you? Worry about your own stupid mistakes Just because i was smart to get out and not lose a dime was a great decision on my behalf regarding Munsters. You Sir have no idea and are a sheep that follows the herd so have another drink and move on ya muppet.

btw congratulations on being my first ever to be blocked.

Now back to Ghostbusters!
Lets just hope that Gary keeps his word and we finally get a code update that GB deserves.
p.s still no reply from George Gomez

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

btw congratulations on being my first ever to be blocked.

Thank God, im so happy about this!

Quoted from Squizz:

p.s still no reply from George Gomez

I cant imagine your personality having anything to do with it can you?

#253 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Not being a wise ass here, but why havent you played your game in a year and a half? Why even have it?

I'll be putting it up for sale

#254 4 years ago

I just played a game where I got Gozer champion at 109 million but my total score was only 48 million... But the code is fine... No need for an update.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just played a game where I got Gozer champion at 109 million but my total score was only 48 million... But the code is fine... No need for an update.

I love that bit. Everyone feels like a winner.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

It’s just ghosts f—ing with your score, as designed.

#257 4 years ago

I emailed stern,and I got a response. I'll paraphrase..

I told them I have not purchased a NIB game since, I let them know that I was frustrated and that I would not consider additional business as such until my prior products I purchased are complete I also told them thanks for making some great stuff over the years and I enjoy it, but I cant do business this way. I also said "please".

They responded saying thanks, we know, and we are planning to do an update...

That is about it.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I told them I have not purchased a NIB game since, I let them know that I was frustrated and that I would not consider additional business as such until my prior products I purchased are complete I also told them thanks for making some great stuff over the years and I enjoy it, but I cant do business this way. I also said "please".
That is about it.

It remains on their schedule...

#259 4 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

That is about it.

Im definitely looking forward to an update but im a little worried at the same time about it because if their hearts arent in it then the update probably wont be anything to get excited about and i honestly get the feeling that Dwights heart isn't in this game unfortunately.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Im definitely looking forward to an update but im a little worried at the same time about it because if their hearts arent in it then the update probably wont be anything to get excited about and i honestly get the feeling that Dwights heart isn't in this game unfortunately.

Great opportunity for a new guy (without all the Trudeau baggage) to make a name for himself.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

And you won't care and move on. You will continue to be Stern's #1 fanboy.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

And you won't care and move on. You will continue to be Stern's #1 fanboy.

I will still like my GB even if it doesn’t get a code update at all because it is a great game even the way it is right now. I love Stern games, i wont deny it and im not embarrassed by it either. I love other brands of games as well. Im a pinball fanboy, it doesn't have to be a Stern for me to like a game.

#263 4 years ago

Will GB code be fixed or will it languish forever in the hall of unfinished games or will it be dropped from the state of the union updates as a sign the dream is dead? If code was finished I’d buy a GB prem, but unless Stern vaults it, they won’t be seeing a dime from my purchase. First things first, Stern finish the code.

#264 4 years ago

Munsters 1.0 code just dropped. Now time for Ghostbusters code to be worked on? Lol

#265 4 years ago

if GB code follows Munsters at best we will get is easter eggs in the credits.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

if GB code follows Munsters at best we will get is easter eggs in the credits.

Nah, the GB update will enable highscores and settings to be saved on future updates.

#267 4 years ago

GB update will add option to make the fake knocker even louder

#268 4 years ago

How it feels waiting for Ghostbusters code lol.
giphy.gifgiphy.gif

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Munsters 1.0 code just dropped. Now time for Ghostbusters code to be worked on? Lol

Uh...not yet. More Munsters code to come.

#270 4 years ago

We need an update. If Dwight doesn't want to do it then put somebody else on it. It doesn't matter to me.

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

We need an update. If Dwight doesn't want to do it then put somebody else on it. It doesn't matter to me.

well I would be over the moon with that call, please pass it onto Llyman!!!!!!
Then we will 100% get a completed code. Shit I would even be willing to wait another 12 months.

1 week later
#272 4 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Quoted from Squizz:

well I would be over the moon with that call, please pass it onto Llyman!!!!!!
Then we will 100% get a completed code. Shit I would even be willing to wait another 12 months.

Yeah. Dwight seems like a a great guy but I'm just not hearing the passion from him regarding properly completing Ghostbusters code. Hope I'm wrong and that he delivers a huge game changing update that addresses the concerns that owners of the game have been talking about for what is now years.

The code update needs to be much more then just addressing bug fixes. I hope expanding the game with additional modes (Are You a God for example) and adding more assets from BOTH films are part of the update. Theres no reason why more content from the 2nd film can't be added. A Vigo multiball or stand alone mode (Obi Wan vs Vader type mode from SW) would be great to have in the game.

We are rapidly approaching 30 months since the last code update...

#273 4 years ago

How many multiballs are in GB? I know of Storage Facility multiball, but are there others? Seems like it needs more of that for sure.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

How many multiballs are in GB? I know of Storage Facility multiball, but are there others? Seems like it needs more of that for sure.

there is one at the end of each mode ladder.
completing 100 ghosts gets you mass hysteria multiball.

#275 4 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

there is one at the end of each mode ladder.
completing 100 ghosts gets you mass hysteria multiball.

Cool thanks. Yeah forgot about mass hysteria multiball. That's a tough one though with the reverse flippers.

#276 4 years ago

Reverse flippers sounds like it could be fun, but in actuality it just makes me play like a 5 year old.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Reverse flippers sounds like it could be fun, but in actuality it just makes me play like a 5 year old.

Mass Hysteria MB is one of my favorite MB's in any machine.

#278 4 years ago

Whoa 28 months?!

Is GB worth owning if this never happens? I only have a few dozen plays on it.

#279 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Mass Hysteria MB is one of my favorite MB's in any machine.

How do you play it? I just ignore it and double flip everything.

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

How do you play it? I just ignore it and double flip everything.

Cross arms - Left hand on right flipper button, right hand on left flipper button ... and just play normal ... until it reverses again.

#281 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Whoa 28 months?!
Is GB worth owning if this never happens? I only have a few dozen plays on it.

In the world of modern Stern, it's a pretty unique game. The game plays pretty nicely, but has some glaring issues and a few things it could use. I own one, and operate it and it's very popular. However all of the regulars know a lot of its shortcomings.

Here is my wishlist (along with bug fixes):

I think the game needs a n00b friendly Slimer multiball. Spell GHOST, Slimer comes down. Hit it 2 or 3 times and there is your simple (and low scoring) Slimer Multiball.

Now since GHOST is used for Slimer MB, don't use it for dropping Slimer to light modes. That process is way too cumbersome. Instead, if you don't have modes lit, blink the 3 mode ladder shots. Hit 2, and the one you don't hit is the mode that starts.

Cap multipliers at 3X. It's either 2X or 3X, not combined for 6X. Scoring is very imbalanced and lighting multipliers is very situational.

Change the default power for the left scoop set so that it goes to the left flipper. Mine is set up like this and I haven't had a center drain since I made this change.
-------------------------------------------------------
There are many problems with how the code on this game has been handled. The biggest issue is that we have been told for months, and now years that code is coming. Put a programmer on it, do a good job, and shut us up.

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Cross arms - Left hand on right flipper button, right hand on left flipper button ... and just play normal ... until it reverses again.

Plus, it gives you the appearance of looking like a pinball badass.

I had a few people laughing at me while I was doing that at the local arcade.

I think they thought I was doing it for shits and giggles or trying to look cool.

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I tried it. Maybe if I practice it more I'd get better, but my initial take was I played better by just double flipping everything.

#284 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I tried it. Maybe if I practice it more I'd get better, but my initial take was I played better by just double flipping everything.

The arm crossing thing is just too awkward. I lose more balls doing it than just double flipping. When the flippers are switched, I aim for the book stacking captive ball to switch them back. Every time the balls are away from the flippers, I give a single flip test. When they are back right, I go back to single flipping and keep checking. If they switch to backwards, I start double flipping again. Rinse, repeat until it's over.

#285 4 years ago

The arm crossing works for me and i can still aim pretty accurate while doing it.

#286 4 years ago

i have to play arms crossed, as 99.99% of us

but my son has a brain advantage : he can still play right the same (than at a good level) while not crossing his arms !!!
this is quite incredible to see, same with THE SIMPSONS...

#287 4 years ago

Thought I'd drop this here since this is the official code laziness thread. It has since been deleted. Friend sent it to me but by the time I checked it was gone.

Gracias Stern.

053A52C1-3259-4116-AC65-A6B65F44B622 (resized).jpeg053A52C1-3259-4116-AC65-A6B65F44B622 (resized).jpeg

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Thought I'd drop this here since this is the official code laziness thread. It has since been deleted. Friend sent it to me but by the time I checked it was gone.
Gracias Stern.
[quoted image]

Your sure your friend wasn't just messing with you by editing the page?

#289 4 years ago

Positive. It was legit.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from pipes:

Did your friend happen to download the readme before they removed the link?

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

Did your friend happen to download the readme before they removed the link?

...added Easter egg with programmer credits....

#292 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

That was the entire changelog?

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

Lol it was my first thought too and laughed crazy hard that was the first reply! Well done.

#294 4 years ago
Yoda Tease (resized).pngYoda Tease (resized).png
#295 4 years ago

Nobody copped the read me file?!!!

Nonetheless, some exciting news!

#296 4 years ago

I realize version numbers are arbitrary but I was really hoping this would be like v1.5 because there was sooooo much in it

1.14 makes me worried that it just fixes the "Invalid" movie fact in the attract mode

#297 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That was the entire changelog?

Jk I did not see the changelog.
But I look forward to it, and the reaction.

#298 4 years ago

Readme

C38B552F-6E76-4812-8C26-023D52B48F3C (resized).pngC38B552F-6E76-4812-8C26-023D52B48F3C (resized).png
#300 4 years ago

Reduced flipper gap to standard size

Looks suspect

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/6?hl=golfkill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.