(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.
#201 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Time to hand it over to another programmer IMO.

I don't see why this is so hard to do. They seem to have plenty of non-lead people capable of taking Dwight's (or ours) wishlist for an update and just let them go with it.

#202 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I don't see why this is so hard to do. They seem to have plenty of non-lead people capable of taking Dwight's (or ours) wishlist for an update and just let them go with it.

Because Gomez told us that if nobody on the team has a real passion to do the job, they don't bother doing it.

#203 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Because Gomez told us that if nobody on the team has a real passion to do the job, they don't bother doing it.

That's a ground up project though. This is almost finished and could be if you give somebody a month or two and leave them alone while they do it. This is the most focused on issue the company has at the moment. If they would just get it done with a meaningful update they would have so many people STFU. What's the next biggest cluster after that? The Star Wars topper? After that? Handle this issue, handle the SW issue, and then things get pretty calm.

#204 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

That's a ground up project though. This is almost finished and could be if you give somebody a month or two and leave them alone while they do it. This is the most focused on issue the company has at the moment. If they would just get it done with a meaningful update they would have so many people STFU. What's the next biggest cluster after that? The Star Wars topper? After that? Handle this issue, handle the SW issue, and then things get pretty calm.

The problem is that Stern is so arrogant that they don't view this as a problem. Nobody there will even commit to giving any kind of answer other than they will get to it at some point. Stern is printing money, and circling back around on this is a sunk cost. Pinheads are going to keep buying games the day they are announced without playing them. Gomez even said a while back that GB sold well enough that it's not really a priority to them.

#205 4 years ago

I sold my GBLE and won't buy another NIB Stern. I'm only 1 person, but they lost me as a customer over code.

#206 4 years ago

Here in Michigan we typically use this image to represent waiting for a Lions Super Bowl win. Guess it can apply to this topic as well lol.

30e13d (resized).jpg30e13d (resized).jpg

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

I sold my GBLE and won't buy another NIB Stern. I'm only 1 person, but they lost me as a customer over code.

I second that.

#208 4 years ago

GB is by far better code and overall game than Munsters. GB has stayed a long time in my collection. Munsters had the shortest stay time of any game. I wont buy another NIB stern game. I dont want complete code when i comes out as that leaves nothing to look forward to and also by stern means that the code is lack luster. GB is fun but just needs some refinement.

#209 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

GB is by far better code and overall game than Munsters. GB has stayed a long time in my collection. Munsters had the shortest stay time of any game. I wont buy another NIB stern game. I dont want complete code when i comes out as that leaves nothing to look forward to and also by stern means that the code is lack luster. GB is fun but just needs some refinement.

Agree with you on that. The extra dollars spent on JJP is worth it to me. JJP just put out another code for WOZ, although not major, they're still committed to code.

#210 4 years ago

may be STERN does not care (about us)

i've read few didnt want to buy NIB pin from them anymore
and to me, i've sold my GB because of the code, and only for that (i'm still thinking this pin could be a very good one if... )

than, not sure, but 1 guy+1+1 ... +1 may quickly become a prob (or simply not ?)

#211 4 years ago
Quoted from busa32927:

I would agree with that. It has become a bigger deal, simply because Stern has seemly treated it as a punchline for the past 2.5 years.

#212 4 years ago

I'll speak for myself:

While others have sold their games, many...MANY others decided to keep their GB because it is a fantastic title. Even though it is not complete, in its current form I still feel it's a top 3 Stern game. We all know why it's great, and we also know why on Sterns Facebook page, a bunch of us continually blow them up! This game has a cult following. You either love it. or hate it. The love for this game supersedes its tarnished past, and "flipper gap".

Enough's enough. Stern: Level with everyone, tell us it ain't happening, or have someone else step up to the plate finishing it with some TALENT.

#213 4 years ago

John's issue is more likely to blame imo.. maybe send him a letter? Still Stern needs to nip this in the butt asap.

#214 4 years ago
Quoted from drained:

John's issue is more likely to blame imo.. maybe send him a letter? Still Stern needs to nip this in the butt asap.

Nothing will be done. Stern is owned by investors and they don’t give a flip. It’s about numbers not what customers should get.

#215 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I don't even believe this statement ... it is known that Keith is not a fan of Iron Maiden yet they went ahead with that theme anyway.

#216 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Leads are only allowed to work on their current game, so in this case, Dwight is likely still on Munster's. Only reason we saw multiple updates for games like Metallica and TWD after the fact was because Lyman does this work on his OWN time.. i'm guessing Dwight doesn't want to work for free.

#217 4 years ago

Here is a better solution but Stern wont get on it unless they can make money. Its plain and simple. Let there be a community effort to finish the games. release a dev kit. those who can make it will outshine the "committee" way of doing things.

#218 4 years ago

Stern maybe owned by investors but they should give a flip as Stern relies heavily on home buyers and many home buyers buy more than one pinball. Yes the Trudeau factor may of had some effect at some stage but that was years ago now and he didn't program the game.

Personally I won't buy another Stern Pinball that Dwight programs until the code is at a decent level. I really wanted to get a Munsters but the code was very basic and not stimulating and even one locally struggled to sell $1.5k less than retail cost and it was only 1-2 months old, and many others held off as well as many were worried they would be bored quickly with it.

The problem is not just GB it is Dwight's programming approach and then when he does a interview he comes off as this is practically finished and I don't see any problem with it. Munsters could of been a great seller if it had some integrated story line modes in it. So for Stern this leads to a loss in sales in multiple games which will affect them and with a few new companies getting quicker with deliveries and more games soon to be released they have to pick up their approach otherwise more and more people are going to lose faith in Stern and go to other brands.

But 28 months wait for a code update with many many promises of a code update is appalling - let some of the newer younger guys polish it and with enthusiasm to prove themselves may turn this game into a real gem and restore some faith into the Stern buyers.

#219 4 years ago

It's never leaving my collection as it's my wifes favorite....It's just I won't buy another Stern period. They've already lost on 2 from me and I'm happy about it.

#220 4 years ago

The only new Stern I would buy right now is a Lyman game.

That is it. Not sure if he is doing anything new but if he was I would be interested.

#221 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

I don't even believe this statement ... it is known that Keith is not a fan of Iron Maiden yet they went ahead with that theme anyway.

Elwin already had the core layout down, and some amount of the rules designed. Stern gave him a list of options for what he could theme the game and that's what he picked. It's not like there is any theme integration between the game and Iron Maiden beyond superficial stuff like naming the modes after songs. The art does all the heavy lifting to make the game look Iron Maiden themed.

Not that this is a bad thing, the game is still awesome. It just shows how, like most Stern games, the theme is incidental compared to the layout and rule design. Like Munsters could have been a dozen different things, like Guardians of the Galaxy, or Metallica, etc...

#222 4 years ago
Quoted from Bwilson:

The only new Stern I would buy right now is a Lyman game.
That is it. Not sure if he is doing anything new but if he was I would be interested.

Yeah, agree there. Here's another interesting Stern code fact. There's been over 20 code updates for Batman 66 since Ghostbusters received it's last code update.

#223 4 years ago

I messaged George Gomez regarding GB today with my concerns regarding the code.
Reason for this: Because when I ever email stern it never gets a reply! VERY VERY RUDE Company!
If I ran my own company like this I would have no work. ( how do they get away with this is a joke)

Just let someone else with a passion for GB to finish the code, Better yet, let Lyman complete it!!!!

Maybe you need to email Gary direct to get this code up and running again.

No more Dwight machines for this puppy! sold my Munle before it even hit my house! Enough is enough...................

#224 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I messaged George Gomez regarding GB today with my concerns regarding the code.
Reason for this: Because when I ever email stern it never gets a reply! VERY VERY RUDE Company!
If I ran my own company like this I would have no work. ( how do they get away with this is a joke)
Just let someone else with a passion for GB to finish the code, Better yet, let Lyman complete it!!!!
No more Dwight machines for this puppy! sold my Munle before it even hit my house! Enough is enough...................

did you tell gomez your thoughts on Dwight games and selling MunLE? curious what the response will be..

#225 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

did you tell gomez your thoughts on Dwight games and selling MunLE? curious what the response will be..

I did, and curious myself.

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I've emailed Gomez in the past. He doesn't respond to anything GB related. Great business ethics over there.

#227 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I've emailed Gomez in the past. He doesn't respond to anything GB related. Great business ethics over there.

that's poor form

#228 4 years ago

I was going to buy three nib sterns this summer/fall. Then I started thinking about how hard I work for that money vs the quality of these games. I love the people spending 7-9k then having to take things apart to fix them when they are brand new. I just saved myself over 15k, I feel so happy now.

#229 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Agree with you on that. The extra dollars spent on JJP is worth it to me. JJP just put out another code for WOZ, although not major, they're still committed to code.

This is why I stopped buying sterns and stick to JJp....they are dedicated to making the code close to perfect on every machine. I think stern makes cool machines. They just dont support them for me to invest my money forone.

#230 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I did, and curious myself.

When are you buying Munsters le ? Lol

#231 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

I've had that conversation personally with Gary. I was reluctantly answered with "It will get done."

#232 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I've had that conversation personally with Gary. I was reluctantly answered with "It will get done."

Gary wouldn't respond to my email, and I was even polite.

#233 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Gary wouldn't respond to my email, and I was even polite.

He probably gets hundreds of emails a day, if not more. So, when he sees another "RE: GB CODE", it's an automatic right click, delete!

Not for nothing, that's probably what I would do, or have an automated response to those emails.

#234 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

He probably gets hundreds of emails a day, if not more. So, when he sees another "RE: GB CODE", it's an automatic right click, delete!
Not for nothing, that's probably what I would do, or have an automated response to those emails.

I'll make my next subject line "RE: Free beer and cocaine!"

#235 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'll make my next subject line "RE: Free beer and cocaine!"

No hookers?

:::right click, delete:::

#236 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

That's good to hear he said that. We've had multiple people now from Stern say an update is coming. I just hope it's a substantial update similar to the final KISS update that not only balances the game as well as contains bug fixes but also expands onto existing gameplay.

#237 4 years ago

do we have to wait for a vault edition of GB before they finally do an update?

#238 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

No more Dwight machines for this puppy! sold my Munle before it even hit my house! Enough is enough............

Well if you would stop buying games not knowing Jack shit about them you would save yourself a lot of trouble. When will some of you guys ever learn???

#239 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's good to hear he said that. We've had multiple people now from Stern say an update is coming. I just hope it's a substantial update similar to the final KISS update that not only balances the game as well as contains bug fixes but also expands onto existing gameplay.

Granted, this was several months ago when he traveled to NY. I'm remaining hopeful, with more than a smidge of pessimism thrown in.

We shall see.

#240 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Well if you would stop buying games not knowing Jack shit about them you would save yourself a lot of trouble. When will some of you guys ever learn???

Gee maybe because they are sold out before they even arrive on our shores!
But thanks for your educated responce that you know sweet fk all about.

#241 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Gee maybe because they are sold out before they even arrive on our shores!
But thanks for your educated responce that you know sweet fk all about.

Well if that’s the case then wait and buy a Premium model instead of blindly spending 15k or whatever they cost where you live. If you wasn't bitching about it i wouldn't even care but the fact that you are raising hell about it tells me you are making terrible decisions when buying these games. By the way while you’re on the subject of education, its “response” not responce.

#242 4 years ago

Hell, my distribitor wont even reply to my emails bout my GB playfield issue. I called stern they dont even seem concerned yeah there assholes. They dont care bout us.

#243 4 years ago

I'm glad other companies are popping up because there's no reason to buy another stem after this disgraceful treatment.

#244 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

Hell, my distribitor wont even reply to my emails bout my GB playfield issue. I called stern they dont even seem concerned yeah there assholes. They dont care bout us.

You should make a thread and tell everyone what your situation is and name the distributor also so people can stay away from him or her. Thats exactly what i would do if it were me. That'll get their attention i promise you.

#245 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

I fought w/ Stern for a year before I was able to get a new populated playfield. My distributor did nothing to help. I installed the new playfield in October, 2017. To this day, it hasn't had a single ball played on it.

#246 4 years ago

I'm looking forward to the GB code release. Should be quite the update after all this time. It's a great game.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I'm looking forward to the GB code release. Should be quite the update after all this time. It's a great game.

Same here iceman. It will renew everyone's interest in this game again. I hope it gets a good update because this game deserves it. Its a masterpiece and could be one of the greatest games ever made with a little work i think.

#248 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from Who-Dey:

Same here iceman. It will renew everyone's interest in this game again. I hope it gets a good update because this game deserves it. Its a masterpiece and could be one of the greatest games ever made with a little work i think.

Yeah! Stern eventually came through with KISS code with a massive update, hoping for something similar with Ghostbusters. I'm thinking the update will come out by the end of the year, middle / end of summer is my guess.

#249 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah! Stern eventually came through with KISS code with a massive update, hoping for something similar with Ghostbusters. I'm thinking the update will come out by the end of the year, middle / end of summer is my guess.

I hope its way sooner than the end of this year. I just hope the code update is substantial because if it isn't people will be rioting in the streets.

#250 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I fought w/ Stern for a year before I was able to get a new populated playfield. My distributor did nothing to help. I installed the new playfield in October, 2017. To this day, it hasn't had a single ball played on it.

Not being a wise ass here, but why havent you played your game in a year and a half? Why even have it?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 103.00
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.