(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.
#151 5 years ago

When are the ghostbuster proton pack add-one being released?

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I would love to buy Munsers but won't because it is Dwight coded and there are many others with the same thought, so it does affect Stern and it is in their best interest to complete and debug games otherwise people lose confidence.

It's kind of silly not to buy a game you want and like because Dwight isnt finished with GB. Just dont buy any game from any coder until it's at an acceptable state code wise for your own personal taste. Dwight has done some really good work on SW, GOT, and ST. Yes GB is behind but that is on stern for not supplying it the proper amount of time for code support.

#153 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's kind of silly not to buy a game you want and like because Dwight isnt finished with GB. Just dont buy any game from any coder until it's at an acceptable state code wise for your own personal taste. Dwight has done some really good work on SW, GOT, and ST. Yes GB is behind but that is on stern for not supplying it the proper amount of time for code support.

Everyone has a different standpoint and mine is currently Dwight code but I also agree with a Stern standoff as well. I love the munsters looks, shoots well, rules are fun but shallow and not overly wow so don't want 2 games with incomplete code...

I think some of the new blood / and ones given the role to be lead programmer are showing great promise as have passion and want to stand out, as Deadpool is looking good and Tim sounds driven for the Black Knight and of course Lyman always comes through.

#154 5 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

It's kind of silly not to buy a game you want and like because Dwight isnt finished with GB.

I dont think it is silly to vote with your wallet. In contrast, it is the only way to force a large company to shift.. money. They dont care how we "feel". They care about making a profit on a quality product. That is their job. I haven't thought of buying a new game until my current one is fixed. I told stern too. I really like all of their stuff, glad they are still humming along, just want them to be more responsive to this issue, so no code, no cash!

#155 5 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I dont think it is silly to vote with your wallet. In contrast, it is the only way to force a large company to shift.. money. They dont care how we "feel". They care about making a profit on a quality product. That is their job. I haven't thought of buying a new game until my current one is fixed. I told stern too. I really like all of their stuff, glad they are still humming along, just want them to be more responsive to this issue, so no code, no cash!

I don't have a problem with that. It sounds like swinks is just not a fan of how Dwight codes a game more then he is voting with his wallet. Which is fair and to be expected. There are designers and coders that I don't typically care for their work so I don't buy their games either. It does seem a silly to me that if you love pinball and you want a game and are happy with were it is at to not buy it because you are making a point to stern about GB code. To me you are just missing out on a fun game for something that is a hobby and is supposed to be fun. Everyone has a right to participate in the hobby how they feel inclined to though. I've loved having Deadpool and am looking forward to BK, I would have missed a ton of fun with Deadpool if I was mad about GB which is still a pretty fun game IMO. Life is pretty short.

#156 5 years ago

I only recently came back to gb after canceling a NIB order at release due to delays. I recall waiting for the game and seeing Stern talk all the time about how they were committed to quality code. Sucks to see three years later that it was all a lie.

#157 5 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Other than Stern said they would, why should we think they'll update the code for a game out of production? What do they have to gain?

Avengers Got one late as well. It’s not about selling machines at that point it’s just about treating their customers well.

#158 5 years ago

I think GB is playable on the Pinball Arcade app. So there is still incentive to fix it to sell more virtual tables as well, right.

If Stern just produced 1 less friggin’ title per year all this quality code is possible! Sigh

#159 5 years ago

Just let Lyman finish the code ffs if you are too lazy Dwight.
No more pre purchase of DS games for me.
Glad i sold my MunLE before it arrived.

#160 5 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Better late than never...

… like WOF ...

#161 5 years ago

I really hope something changes and that they do release a code...that would give me a legit way to wipe out my buddy's current top score on my machine...

#162 5 years ago

I like munsters, but I will wait 10 years, maybe by than it will get finished.

#163 5 years ago

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but every code update Facebook post Stern makes is filled with comments about Ghostbusters code lol!

20190409_090603 (resized).jpg20190409_090603 (resized).jpg

#164 5 years ago

I see BM66 got a new huge code update yesterday. How many updates has that game had since the last GB update?

#165 5 years ago

I'm honestly starting to think Stern is waiting for people to quit bringing it up so they can quietly remove it from the upcoming code list....never to be done.

#166 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Not sure if anyone else has noticed but every code update Facebook post Stern makes is filled with comments about Ghostbusters code lol!
[quoted image]

I break their balls on every new code post.

Guilty as charged

#167 5 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I break their balls on every new code post.
Guilty as charged

I'm surprised they haven't banned you yet.

#168 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I'm surprised they haven't banned you yet.

Probably because it's understandable frustration

#169 5 years ago

New code would be spectacular! I'm out Dwight games too in the future. Why not. Munsters is a shell.

#170 5 years ago

Sure seems like there's a common denominator when it comes to missing code, worst code ever, etc. threads

#171 5 years ago

...Still wanted by the pinball community, Ghostbusters code survives as a pinball machine on route. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe we can hire... Jack Danger.

Seriously guys, he’s our best hope to bend the ear of Dwight and charm talk a final code polish. His price, bits and subs

#172 5 years ago

I'm surprised Dwight won't even address it - this feedback has to be getting back to him, right? It has to be embarrassing.

#173 5 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Remember... A new Ghostbusters movie is coming. Stern would be stupid not to re-release and cash in on the hype. Or at least update the code to create more interest
I wouldn't expect to see anything Ghostbusters from Stern untill 2020. To coincide with the movie.

I don't see Stern re-running the game. Not worth the PR risk from Trudeau's association. If it wasn't for that, I bet they'd still be selling them (and pushing code updates.)

Ghostbusters the game is such a waste. Great theme, incredible art, but meh code, a polarizing layout/feature set, and it got stuck with a DMD before the LCD switchover. I almost wish that they'd take another stab at it

#174 5 years ago

They will update code when re-running the machine.

It will slow the sales of the used market (as people will have renewed interest in their games) and re-ignite interest in new buyers.

There is a method to this madness, trust you me.

#175 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

maybe we can hire... Jack Danger.

Doubt he cares. He hasn't streamed GB in well over a year.

Quoted from SheriffBarclay:

this feedback has to be getting back to him, right? It has to be embarrassing.

Of course it is. Stern has a close eye on this site. Silence is deadly..

It is embarrassing that a group of owners are so heartfelt about a title, and no one gives a crap. If they were distancing themselves from Trudeau, all they had to do is say it. We all would have understood. The machine didn't hurt anybody, it's shitty creator did. That being said, Dwight really doesn't seem to care.

#176 5 years ago

there was a munsters locally that went up for sale and took a month to sell and it sold for $1500 from retail value - people were holding back most probably due to code, I would of snapped it up but wasn't confident on the code so passed on it.

when you listen to Tim Balls about Black Knight you he is going to try hard to make the code awesome, Stern are just affecting their own sales with poor code and people will start to watch Dwight games carefully

#177 5 years ago

Dwight has said on Tilt Forums as well as on podcasts that he considers the game done. Weather he believes that or not is a different story. Gomez said it needs attention. After Munsters is the timing. If it doesn’t happen within a few months, it might never happen.

It’s such a fun game too. We had some very intense games going on this week at my event. I do think the scoring is out of whack, but it also means you normally have a fighting chance to come back.

#178 5 years ago

you'll get a update. they said aerosmith, kiss, then ghostbusters.aerosmith got done then kiss just came out about 3-4 months ago. it'll happen.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

you'll get a update. they said aerosmith, kiss, then ghostbusters.aerosmith got done then kiss just came out about 3-4 months ago. it'll happen.

Stay tuned !

#180 5 years ago

They really want to update the code but Bill Murray just isn't sure and is holding out.

3 weeks later
#181 4 years ago

28 months now...Copy and paste update for May.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#182 4 years ago

It’s beyond infuriating at this point.

#183 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

It’s beyond infuriating at this point.

Yep, I've committed to stop buying NIB Stern games at this point. Between the shady as f*ck quality and code issues, I'm on the sidelines and will patronize JJP and CGC.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from AstonEnthusiast:

Yep, I've committed to stop buying NIB Stern games at this point. Between the shady as f*ck quality and code issues, I'm on the sidelines and will patronize JJP and CGC.

Same here but simps don’t understand they don’t care. Their investors are loving it. I’ll be getting a cgc next.

#185 4 years ago

Any speculation this huge ass delay has anything to do with Trudeau’s legal issues?

#186 4 years ago

Unlikely. It’s not like the common pinball buyer knows or cares about what happened there.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Any speculation this huge ass delay has anything to do with Trudeau’s legal issues?

I'm sure it's production bandwidth related; it's more profitable for Stern to have Dwight (any everyone else) code new releases vs. revisiting games that have sunsetted.

#188 4 years ago

This is really unfortunate. GB had everything going for it: awesome art, great callouts/music, creative toys, unique playfield design, killer theme... it’s just missing that final touch of code to bring it to an A+ game.

#189 4 years ago

Please please quit buying sight unseen non finished code pins from stern. Money talks and they will listen but have to have a reason.
This was my first pin ever mib sight unseen and boy did I learn never I mean never again.

#190 4 years ago

Dwight is alot like Rian Johnson, Rian screwed up starwars and Dwight abandoned GB becouse it's just a job and he hates pinball.

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from aztarac:

My personal opinion is that the delay has EVERYTHING to do with that!

#192 4 years ago

I would buy one if the code was updated.

#193 4 years ago

Here's an interesting and frustrating fact. Time between KISS code updates was around 15 months and that was the game people were hammering Stern about due to code delays. Nearly double the amount of time, 28 months, has now passed since Ghostbusters received it's last code update back in January of 2017!

Ghostbusters is now the last Stern in my collection and its due to the treatment of this games code. I'm not going to spend another $7k+ on a Stern premium or LE until Ghostbusters code is properly completed. If Ghostbusters is completed without an "Are You a God" final wizard mode I'll consider that false advertising by Stern and that hundreds of owners have been lied to. I hope that Stern knocks this final update out of the park and makes Ghostbusters a masterpiece.

Ghostbusters is such an iconic theme and I still believe the pinball machine Stern based off of it is one of their best due to all of the unique features in it. It's a shame the games code has been treated the way it has. The theme, and most of all the customers that have spent thousands of dollars on the game deserve better.

#194 4 years ago

I am trying to go back and locate the post from facebook, but I saw something recently that someone was spending some time looking into filing a lawsuit against Stern over this along the lines of false advertising. I have no idea how serious it was, but it is interesting nonetheless.

#195 4 years ago
Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

My personal opinion is that the delay has EVERYTHING to do with that!

As sad as it is, looking at it again you could be right... I’m sure the game designer pushing for the code to be done doesn’t hurt anything.

But I still don’t believe stern is actively ignoring GB just because it was a JT game. Otherwise they wouldn’t keep it on the radar.

#196 4 years ago

This is such a shame Ghostbusters has everything in it all it needs is better code and Dwight seems to keep ruining games with his Code. Same with Munsters another good game but Dwight ruined it with super basic coding.

#197 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

This is such a shame Ghostbusters has everything in it all it needs is better code and Dwight seems to keep ruining games with his Code. Same with Munsters another good game but Dwight ruined it with super basic coding.

From what I heard through the grapevine, Dwight is re-doing Munster code from the ground up. The basic code was obviously not popular and people are bored with Munsters already. So, to me this means many more hours spent on Munsters and its not as close to done as we first thought. Sounds like GB code will be pushed even further back. Time to hand it over to another programmer IMO.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

From what I heard through the grapevine, Dwight is re-doing Munster code from the ground up. The basic code was obviously not popular and people are bored with Munsters already. So, to me this means many more hours spent on Munsters and its not as close to done as we first thought. Sounds like GB code will be pushed even further back. Time to hand it over to another programmer IMO.

Lol. Shameful. What a slap in the face for Stern fanboys. They seem to love being screwed.

#199 4 years ago

Well let's see...Bought a NIB POTC. Yes a little more than Stern's but at least the code will be done in a timely manner. I have passed on some Stern's as a result of just not their code being antiquated, but quality isn't there like it used to be.

I think everyone should keep buying games unseen and allow Stern to keep business as usual. In my eyes they don't care about the customer.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

Total shame.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.