(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.
#101 5 years ago

Anyone think that the code update would be coupled with a vault release?
Would not surprise me if they piled it on top of a re release to build momentum and chatter.

I was in on this early put my order in with the fall before the release when I first got wind of the rumor.
Still a grail title for me so I am in for the long haul. Stern will deliver much like Kiss I think we will be happy in the end.

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Yep. I'm not convinced of it's value in a setting where there aren't a lot of extra balls available. At my location I have things set to 1 extra ball so you can't really rack up a bunch of 10% of your score skill shots.

I don't think it's a game-breaker. On the first ball it nets you 1M points...so what. The real advantage is starting the mode right away...but it locks you into WBTD. I much prefer the librarian scoop ladder skill shot. Two modes and I'm in WCWS.

All of these scoring "exploits" or imbalances have a risk/reward/opportunity cost to them. You have to make them, and then you have to take advantage of them. They're not gimmes.

#103 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't think it's a game-breaker. On the first ball it nets you 1M points...so what. The real advantage is starting the mode right away...but it locks you into WBTD. I much prefer the librarian scoop ladder skill shot. Two modes and I'm in WCWS.
All of these scoring "exploits" or imbalances have a risk/reward/opportunity cost to them. You have to make them, and then you have to take advantage of them. They're not gimmes.

Agreed. A few of my regulars can do the plunge exploit on demand, but few ever do it at all because it's not really a great advantage if its restrictions don't fit with your strategy.

Besides, I can hit WBTD on the fly as it comes around the orbit 80% of the time. Does messing up the plunge thing lock you into something if you mess it up a certain way?

#104 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

what's the skill shot cheat?
Is that the short plung in the lane and then hit it just right before it falls all the way down?

Correct. And I believe on Ball 1 you get 1mil + WBTD mode start. Balls 2 and 3 I think are +10% of your score.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Does messing up the plunge thing lock you into something if you mess it up a certain way?

I'm not sure you can mess it up. You just have to keep short plunging and trying to time the long plunge over and over. I believe you can keep trying it forever. The only two final outcomes I know of are 1) you make it work, or 2) you short plunge too long and it falls off the shooter lane. But if you don't flip or hit any switches, it'll drain and load the ball back in the shooter lane. I've never seen anyone hit the second plunge hard enough to get into the pops without going all the way around.

I don't do it, mainly because I just don't want to. Getting good at double plunging won't make me a better player. And that's what I really need!

#106 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I don't do it, mainly because I just don't want to. Getting good at double plunging won't make me a better player. And that's what I really need!

Ha! I agree with you there. Being a pro at that exploit will not help me win very many more games. In the recent city championship, I put up 170ish million on ball 3 after everyone was in the low teens after ball 2. As second player I was feeling pretty good and had 1 point in the bag and just needed GB to do its thing and I was sitting on 4 points. Nope. Player 3 put up 300-something on ball 3 and player for did 200-something. Pretty strong game on my part considering what we all did after 2 balls, still end up in third. I don't need to blow the game up every time, just get better.

#107 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why are you all so breathlessly awaiting the code update, as if it's due to drop any day now? It's on their "to-do" list and all anyone can do is accept that it'll be done when it's done. I'd be surprised if that day is any time before Expo since that would be a good time to release it so they can use its completion as a bullet point in whatever presentations they have at that event.

No. Just...NO. Stop, right there. There is no "just accepting" it.

#108 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why are you all so breathlessly awaiting the code update, as if it's due to drop any day now? It's on their "to-do" list and all anyone can do is accept that it'll be done when it's done. I'd be surprised if that day is any time before Expo since that would be a good time to release it so they can use its completion as a bullet point in whatever presentations they have at that event.

Dwight hasn't even started on polishing. The code is probably untouched since his release in January 2017. Worse then that, Dwight seems to not even know what is bad with the code according to his podcast interview.

#109 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

It's partially due to many of us having spent thousands of dollars for a game that still hasn't had its code completed after nearly 3 years.

#110 5 years ago

Some hints from Zombie Yeti on Facebook regarding the future of Ghostbusters code

b72594db07c8ebbe386d9634fcf15dbc73156d27 (resized).jpegb72594db07c8ebbe386d9634fcf15dbc73156d27 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#111 5 years ago

Stern also said they didn't forget about GB code.... 26 months ago.

#112 5 years ago

That's good news, but it was also coming after Star Wars.

#113 5 years ago

After listening to Dwight’s last interview it sure sounded like absolutely nothing has been done at all.
He stated he was not even going to touch it until Munsters was done.
While I hope he is messing with us all, I highly doubt it.

#114 5 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

After listening to Dwight’s last interview it sure sounded like absolutely nothing has been done at all.
He stated he was not even going to touch it until Munsters was done.
While I hope he is messing with us all, I highly doubt it.

Yeah, he's not working on it until Munsters is done which probably won't be that much longer. Dwight also mentioned in the podcast that he's the next programmer in line to roll off a project who will then have time to work on other items. He mentioned that other programmers have been able to work on other items as they had a break between games, Dwight is about to get that once Munsters is done.

#115 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, he's not working on it until Munsters is done which probably won't be that much longer. Dwight also mentioned in the podcast that he's the next programmer in line to roll off a project who will then have time to work on other items. He mentioned that other programmers have been able to work on other items as they had a break between games, Dwight is about to get that once Munsters is done.

He seemed more interested and less aloof when talking about getting to work on GOT compared to Ghostbusters.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

He seemed more interested and less aloof when talking about getting to work on GOT compared to Ghostbusters.

Yeah, sounds like GOT is done beyond bug fixes but who knows. GOT may always feel incomplete to some as the game code only includes content up to I believe the 4th season versus code being added as the show has gone on. I've always been hesitant to buy pins that are released while a show or movie trilogy is still on going as companies tend to never go back and add code from the remaining seasons / movies.

I'm thinking that finishing Ghostbusters code will be at the top of Dwight's list after Munsters is completed considering Stern has now been telling customers every month since their first Stern of the Union address in October of 2017 that an update is coming. Every non Ghostbusters code update post that Stern makes on Facebook at this point is bombarded with comments about Ghostbusters code and Ghostbusters memes lol.

#117 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's partially due to many of us having spent thousands of dollars for a game that still hasn't had its code completed after nearly 3 years.

and ranting weekly while tapping your foot is going to make the code appear any sooner? If you're good enough to consistently make it to the dead end road of this game's code, then what had anyone thinking that road was going to be finished soon after the game's release? People were lined up with cash in hand even after non-code related issues came out in waves. Go play outside this summer, time will pass and maybe the code will be released before the holidays.

#118 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

and ranting weekly while tapping your foot is going to make the code appear any sooner?

Ranting, nasty emails, boycott threats, class action suits, and protests at the factory.
Pretty sure the desired outcome is for Stern to go back to not communicating their plans with the public again. After all, anything they say WILL be held against them.

#119 5 years ago

Comment from Dwight regarding Ghostbusters code from the 3/16 Pinball Profile podcast. Just wow...

"When Munsters is done I will work on other things, not making any promises, Ghostbusters will definitely get some attention at some point"

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/ep-186-the-magic-of-dwight-sullivan_142186

#120 5 years ago

Mike was asked at TPF during the seminar where the code was and he said it’s coming. More of the same.

#121 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Mike was asked at TPF during the seminar where the code was and he said it’s coming. More of the same.

Stay tuned I guess lol.

#122 5 years ago

Nice to see what a top priority it is...smh

#123 5 years ago

True to my word I have not bought nib box since gb..

#124 5 years ago

My guess is the FB release post of BK3 will be flooded with GB memes.

#125 5 years ago

New GB code would be fantastic!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#126 4 years ago

March "update"...sadly there isn't a new update, more of the same Now 27 months and counting.

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#127 4 years ago

The wording isn't encouraging. BM66 update is "in the works". GB is just "on our schedule". That sounds to me like they haven't started anything yet.

#128 4 years ago

So neglected it doesn't even get a hyphen. Talk about being ignored.

#129 4 years ago

My disappointment runs deep. So sad that he refuses (based on past podcasts) to admit this title is far from done.

Normally, I would have dumped the game...Since it is still a ton of fun for me and my family, it stays. For the future, I'll never own another Dwight game again. Munsters was largely disappointing in the code dept; luckily nowhere near as bad as Ghostbusters.

#130 4 years ago

They should just admit they're not going to update the code. At this point it's kind of insulting.

#131 4 years ago

I called stern today about my playfield issue they were pretty rude. My distributor seem to be draggin his feet on issue so i called them, and the way they acted was not cool.

#132 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

I called stern today about my playfield issue they were pretty rude. My distributor seem to be draggin his feet on issue so i called them, and the way they acted was not cool.

I've emailed them a few times over the list couple years and they've never been helpful. No wonder they need distributors. They have no idea what customer service is.

#133 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

I fought w/ Stern for over a year before I finally qualified for a playfield replacement. I didn't care for the way I was treated by Stern. I installed the new playfield in October, 2017. To this day, it hasn't had a single ball played on it.

#134 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

The wording isn't encouraging. BM66 update is "in the works". GB is just "on our schedule". That sounds to me like they haven't started anything yet.

I have to assume Dwight is still working on Munsters full-time. The key is whether they schedule a breather in for him for GB before the next pin project is assigned. He obviously went from Star Wars to Munsters with no break.

#135 4 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

He obviously went from Star Wars to Munsters with no break.

Not finishing games is exhausting

#136 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Not finishing games is exhausting

Look at what Lyman puts out at each update and then look at what Dwight does each Munsters update. Easy to see who is just drawing a paycheck and who actually is passionate about their job.

#137 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Look at what Lyman puts out at each update and then look at what Dwight does each Munsters update. Easy to see who is just drawing a paycheck and who actually is passionate about their job.

Lyman is all about the hobbyist experiencing each title to the fullest. No doubt he is the most dedicated programmer out there!

#138 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

I fought w/ Stern for over a year before I finally qualified for a playfield replacement. I didn't care for the way I was treated by Stern. I installed the new playfield in October, 2017. To this day, it hasn't had a single ball played on it.

Thats bullshit

#139 4 years ago

I still feel that if Stern can properly complete the code for Ghostbusters that the game will be one of their best pins. The theme is timeless as well as iconic and deserves to be fully brought to life with deep and complete code.

#140 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I still feel that if Stern can properly complete the code for Ghostbusters that the game will be one of their best pins. The theme is timeless as well as iconic and deserves to be fully brought to life with deep and complete code.

I agree with this.
The game has a lot going for it.
Once you take care of the air balls and rail hopping it plays really well.
Just needs great game code.

#141 4 years ago

Other than Stern said they would, why should we think they'll update the code for a game out of production? What do they have to gain?

#142 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Other than Stern said they would, why should we think they'll update the code for a game out of production? What do they have to gain?

Future customers confidence, that if they buy a game, it will be completed at some point.

#143 4 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Future customers confidence, that if they buy a game, it will be completed at some point.

Still looks pretty bad to have delayed it this long even if they do come through. Hard to see the investment being worthwhile when they already look bad.

#144 4 years ago

Better late than never...

#145 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Because they do it regularly...Kiss just got one.

#146 4 years ago

My GB just turned 3 this month! And its not complete yet

#147 4 years ago

Remember... A new Ghostbusters movie is coming. Stern would be stupid not to re-release and cash in on the hype. Or at least update the code to create more interest

I wouldn't expect to see anything Ghostbusters from Stern untill 2020. To coincide with the movie.

#148 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Well, it's the only way I will ever be calling my distributor again asking him to put me down for a new Stern.

#149 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

That customers will continue to buy their games and not tell others to avoid Sterns due to lack of code support. Personally I refuse to buy another NIB Stern until Ghostbusters code is completed. As a result I just bought a new JJP Pirates instead.

#150 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Still looks pretty bad to have delayed it this long even if they do come through. Hard to see the investment being worthwhile when they already look bad.

I would love to buy Munsers but won't because it is Dwight coded and there are many others with the same thought, so it does affect Stern and it is in their best interest to complete and debug games otherwise people lose confidence.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/3?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.