(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.
#1501 4 years ago

Finally got my 1.17 code installed. Found a 32GB stick, did a full format on it, dropped the spk file on it, still had problems a few times, to the point it wouldnt even detect I had a stick plugged into the machine when I booted it. This has been the most troublesome update I've ever dealt with, at one point I was just going to give it up and try to be happy living with 1.16 for eternity! I am now wondering if versions past 1.17 will give me the same hassle going forward.

#1502 4 years ago

Anyone else having problems with the new code. Sometimes two balls are fired into the trough and play ending while ball is in play!

#1503 4 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

Not sure if it's just a fluke or what but the scream feature didnt not function properly on 1.17 premium. You hear the beginning noise and right when you are expecting the scream... nothing. Triggered it by the right scoop when negative reinforcement was lit. Anyone else has experience this or has had a successful scare trigger?

I had no clue you could trigger it. I had heard that it popped up every 30-35 games regardless.
News to me so I guess I need to try your method!

#1504 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

I had no clue you could trigger it. I had heard that it popped up every 30-35 games regardless.
News to me so I guess I need to try your method!

Pretty sure you can't "trigger" the scream. It's random and mine has worked fine since the update.

#1505 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Anyone else having problems with the new code. Sometimes two balls are fired into the trough and play ending while ball is in play!

I played a game tonight and had two balls shoot into the trough on code 1.17. Never had that happen before

#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I played a game tonight and had two balls shoot into the trough on code 1.17. Never had that happen before

I've had it happen once as well.

#1507 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Maybe turn down the trough eject power in settings?

#1508 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Maybe turn down the trough eject power in settings?

Maybe a coincidence, but j have mine turned down all the way just to save the shooter lane, and have never had a double ball feed.

#1509 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Happened to me several times until I lowered the power level. Hasn’t happened since

#1510 4 years ago

What number is everyone dialing down to on the shooter lane. I am at ‘200’.

#1511 4 years ago
Quoted from HeadNZ:

What number is everyone dialing down to on the shooter lane. I am at ‘200’.

Mine is at the lowest and I think it's 176.... The one from the through into the lane.

#1512 4 years ago

Had a reset tonight, on boot, an error message showed. "Overcurrent on Node Board 8"
I cycled by switch, and the error went away. Any thoughts?

#1513 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Located the fault. Trough receiver cable was loose!

#1514 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Maybe a coincidence, but j have mine turned down all the way just to save the shooter lane, and have never had a double ball feed.

+1

#1515 4 years ago

Yesterday i watched a video from BuffaloPinball and people seem to complain alot about the new code.
They also mentioned this forum sarcastically ... "pinside love the new code".
However i do agree on some points of their critics on the code.
But kind of unfair to complain and not listening to Dwight stating "If its too easy now, simply make it harder in the settings".
So alot of the complaining could be solved easily, but i also would like to see a balanced default setting on the machine.
Funny how people complained about the difficulty before, now its too easy (just for the Pros?).

Main complaints from what i understood are:

- Too much extraballs
- Too much/long ball saves
- Too easy pop bumper rewards
- Scoring is unbalanced/random (i guess they mean the easy Multiplyers?, even if its already nerfed from 1.6.)
- Double Tobins award with skillshot (will be fixed)
- Looping Supers -Lock (also my main complaint)

At the moment i feel its more like a one ball game, since you just have to be lucky in multiball and activate the multiplyers. ( i made 2.4 Billion in SFMB)
On the other side I reached for the first time WRTBY mode with just a scoring of 1.5 Billion

I guess its the same discussion i know from computer games, good players want more challange, bad players want easy reawards.
What do you think about this?

here is the video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/492898980

#1516 4 years ago

Grow up is what I say. If you can fix most complaints via settings, then just do it.
I didn't have a problem with the difficulty pre update and do find it easier now. But I haven't changed anything as I now view GB a bit like spiderman. Before I'd play it when in the mood for mainly short games with the odd super game and now I play it when in the mood for the 10min plus gameplay.

When I'm sick of that I'll adjust settings.

It is weird that you can get to wcws mode and have a score of sub 100 mil

#1517 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

It is weird that you can get to wcws mode and have a score of sub 100 mil

You could do that in the old code too. You just had to play the Librarian-Back Off ladder first.

#1518 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

You could do that in the old code too. You just had to play the Librarian-Back Off ladder first.

Well then even lower playing these levels

#1519 4 years ago

Has anyone splayed the library mode yet? No clue how to get to it

#1520 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

I’ve played it. I believe you have to have already beat at lease the first left scoop mode and then bash the book stack to build build the value and then left scoop again to collect it.

#1521 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

yeah, hitting the newton ball rotates between scoleris, terror dog and library mode.
if you are hitting the newton ball after terror dog you get a special music until you hit the scoop and activate the mode.
for me this mode is kind of pointless, because it takes long to activate and if you finally get there, you have to do risky shots
for little points.
This was just my experience, maybe you can get some out of it when you are more skillful than me.

#1522 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

yeah, hitting the newton ball rotates between scoleris, terror dog and library mode.
if you are hitting the newton ball after terror dog you get a special music until you hit the scoop and activate the mode.
for me this mode is kind of pointless, because it takes long to activate and if you finally get there, you have to do risky shots
for little points.
This was just my experience, maybe you can get some out of it when you are more skillful than me.

I suppose the upside is the library insert is used for something. There an insert on theatre of magic that does nothing

#1523 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Yesterday i watched a video from BuffaloPinball and people seem to complain alot about the new code.
However i do agree on some points of their critics on the code.
But kind of unfair to complain and not listening to Dwight stating "If its too easy now, simply make it harder in the settings".
So alot of the complaining could be solved easily, but i also would like to see a balanced default setting on the machine.
Funny how people complained about the difficulty before, now its too easy (just for the Pros?).
Main complaints from what i understood are:
- Too much extraballs
- Too much/long ball saves
- Too easy pop bumper rewards
- Scoring is unbalanced/random (i guess they mean the easy Multiplyers?, even if its already nerfed from 1.6.)
- Double Tobins award with skillshot (will be fixed)
- Looping Supers -Lock (also my main complaint)
At the moment i feel its more like a one ball game, since you just have to be lucky in multiball and activate the multiplyers. ( i made 2.4 Billion in SFMB)
On the other side I reached for the first time WRTBY mode with just a scoring of 1.5 Billion
I guess its the same discussion i know from computer games, good players want more challange, bad players want easy reawards.
What do you think about this?
here is the video:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/492898980

I agree with some of the complaints but thankfully those can be adjusted. At default settings the new code makes the game too easy in my opinion. I've disabled chapters auto completing, disabled ghost target spotting, disabled extra ball for attempting 2 modes, and disabled the second ball save. Personally I think all of those settings should be disabled by default.

For my game I want it setup so that reaching We Came We Saw occurs on a good game, WRTBY you on a great game, and Are You a God on a game of a lifetime. If I'm reaching We Came We Saw and or WRTBY every game it's going to make the game get old quick.

#1524 4 years ago

Has anyone developed scoring strategies for the champion scores? I'm not sure how to build and score those other scores. I randomly get them during a good multiball but I'd like to actually know how to go for particular scores and really build them.

#1525 4 years ago

Sorry if this has been covered but updated my premium and now the slimer doesn't work. When activated it lights up and will register a hit but will not come down from its home position anyone else have this problem after updating

#1526 4 years ago
Quoted from Toby:

Sorry if this has been covered but updated my premium and now the slimer doesn't work. When activated it lights up and will register a hit but will not come down from its home position anyone else have this problem after updating

Perhaps you downloaded the pro code?

#1527 4 years ago

After you drain and it tally’s up your bonus the last screen shows Total Bonus, then there’s a split second glitch screen, then onto next ball. That glitch screen should be your new Total Score, then go onto the next players ball.
Also would be great if instant info showed how many ghosts you have.

#1528 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Those guys are the biggest JJP stern bashing fanboys around. I used to enjoy watching their show but i just cant do it anymore. I think the small amount of people who watch their stream and the fact that their numbers have declined instead of grown over the last few years reflects my opinion. They can bash Stern and Pinside people all they want but they might should look in the mirror at themselves if they want to see where the real problem lies.

#1529 4 years ago

maybe someone could change the name of this thread to reflect the revision # like : Ghostbusters Code Wish List version 1.17/1.18 or something

just a thought...

#1530 4 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Located the fault. Trough receiver cable was loose!

If it helps, the few times I had a loose cable, I ziptied them together. I figured if they came loose once...

#1531 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

maybe someone could change the name of this thread to reflect the revision # like : Ghostbusters Code Wish List version 1.17/1.18 or something
just a thought...

what is going on with the "1.18."?
its not out yet, or do i miss something?

#1532 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

what is going on with the "1.18."?
its not out yet, or do i miss something?

Me too. I'm guessing people are calling a custom call out version 1.8?? And I can't find that version either

#1533 4 years ago

1.17 Bug: GB Pro. Switches stop registering in the middle of game. I haven't read the entire thread see if this has already been reported:

I had gone through both Librarian modes and WCWS on balls 1 and 2. On ball 2, I think I had started the first mode on the left ramp and I think it was still running when I noticed that switches were no longer scoring. I could still flip and the pop bumpers would pop when hit, but none of the switches would indicate they were registering via lights, sound, score, or animation (and I hit most of them). Ball search eventually started even while the ball was in the pops. I drained the ball and ball 3 started. Again, no switches registered. I think my score was now 00 even though I obviously had scored points on ball 1 and ball 2 until the problem started. Drained ball 3 a couple of times until game ended and started a new game. Switches began registering and game seemed to play fine again.

#1535 4 years ago

It seems as though ColorDMD has updated their code. Has anyone tried it?

EDIT: Nevermind... It looks like they just updated the code for their display port function.

#1536 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It seems as though ColorDMD has updated their code. Has anyone tried it?
EDIT: Nevermind... It looks like they just updated the code for their display port function.

It's been updated for the new code as well.

#1537 4 years ago

It has not.

#1538 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

It's been updated for the new code as well

I can confirm that the 4.0 code adds color to the new animations of game code 1.17

#1539 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

I can confirm that the 4.0 code adds color to the new animations of game code 1.17

I am also

#1540 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Does this support the LED display too? The release notes just state “ Added support for embedded DisplayPort LCD screens.”

Why not accounce the color updates?

#1541 4 years ago

Does this support the LED display too? The release notes just state “ Added support for embedded DisplayPort LCD screens.”
Why not accounce the color updates?

I have an LED ColorDMD and it works for me.

#1542 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

Same here!

#1543 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Great to hear! Will have to download and install soon.

#1544 4 years ago

Colordmd confirmed they have updated but will announce something next week. I think it will be the new slimmer lcds

#1545 4 years ago

If Tobins is lit, and you choose the left scoop for SS you get the same reward two times.
A 2x extraball reward happens quite often (25%).
And 2x Tobins reward too, which results in even more potential SS exploits.
Right now its the most reasonable skillshot, even if the leader is already completed.
IMO you should not get a second tobins award for the SS at all but an alternative reward.

Also when 60 ghosts are collected during a final leader mode, completing that mode will light looping supers mode, but a second later it will switch to WCWS mode.
So no smooth transition from the mode complete to WCWS.

#1546 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

But is the river or slime pink?

#1547 4 years ago

But is the river or slime pink?

Yes!

#1548 4 years ago

Funny issue last night. I couldnt get the Chroma file to install on my DMD. Couldnt figure out why...

Then realized that since my computer was downloading it to the "downloads" folder, it already contained a previous file from them and was naming my new file Chroma(1). As simple as adding that (1) to make it not work.

Just an FYI...

#1549 4 years ago

Yeah, best to have the chroma.rom file on an otherwise empty USB stick.

#1550 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Yeah, best to have the chroma.rom file on an otherwise empty USB stick.

My USB stick was empty.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/31 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.