(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.
#1451 4 years ago

quick video of the topper animations incorporated into the spinner. With the lights out in the basement it def lights things up!

#1452 4 years ago

I checked with Stern about trying to get a topper. They told me apparently they do not have the rights anymore to produce more.

Too bad for everyone wanting one!

#1453 4 years ago
Quoted from JoeNES:

Hi guys, I am trying to update a GB Pro to 1.17, I feel like I am following the instructions to a T, but it is failing. I have the code file on the root folder of a blank Fat32 usb drive. It is the pro version of the code for sure. It sees the update file, but fails every time at "10/10,352 kb". The bummer is that getting that far erased all settings and scores. I tried in both USB slots.
I'm sure I'm doing something wrong - excited to get this code going, any help appreciated! Thank you!

If anyone is curious - I called Stern and they said try a different brand or size, and that they would be putting up the files to reformat the SD card directly soon. After trying 4 different USB drives that would fail at different KB levels, the winner was a Sandisk 32GB USB 3.0 Ultra Flair. Playing the new code now!

#1454 4 years ago

So I FINALLY got it to work.
I used a USB with IMDN code on it already.
Installed 1.17 on USB
Inserted in board and booted.
Selected 1.17 GB full install and it came up invalid file.
Pressed try and gain but this time did a quick install
It the proceeded with the progress bar and did the updated.
Never seen such frustrating update but at least its in.

#1455 4 years ago

I just upgrade to 1.17 and noticed something interesting with the spooked librarian mode. The audio of the squeaky cart used to pan from left to right in sync with the video of the cart moving from left to right . Now it seems that the left and right channels are swapped and the audio is now paning from right to left in the opposite direction of the moving cart on the display. I wasn't able to determine if all the audio is swapped or just in this mode. I am curious if others are experiencing this?

#1456 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I checked with Stern about trying to get a topper. They told me apparently they do not have the rights anymore to produce more.
Too bad for everyone wanting one!

Can maybe someone take a picture of the node board inside the topper ? is it the Node 8 or 9 ?
Maybe it is possible to rebuilt the topper by using a node board with rebuild LED boards ? Housing is a seperate thing...

#1457 4 years ago
Quoted from mbt:

I just upgrade to 1.17 and noticed something interesting with the spooked librarian mode. The audio of the squeaky cart used to pan from left to right in sync with the video of the cart moving from left to right . Now it seems that the left and right channels are swapped and the audio is now paning from right to left in the opposite direction of the moving cart on the display. I wasn't able to determine if all the audio is swapped or just in this mode. I am curious if others are experiencing this?

Holy shit guys...the OCD is becoming a bit nauseating. THE CODE IS AWESOME DWIGHT.

#1458 4 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

Can maybe someone take a picture of the node board inside the topper ? is it the Node 8 or 9 ?
Maybe it is possible to rebuilt the topper by using a node board with rebuild LED boards ? Housing is a seperate thing...

Its definitely possible. All it is is a node board driving like 14 LEDs. Just need to know which board type and how its wired figure out the pins to use and the beacon sequencing.

#1459 4 years ago
Quoted from Jim-Beam:

That would be awesome if someone would replicate these. I do not have one, so cannot help with the node in the topper.

#1460 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

That would be awesome if someone would replicate these. I do not have one, so cannot help with the node in the topper.

Agreed. I’d buy one.

#1461 4 years ago

I use a Lexar stick that I've used every day for the last 3 years. It has multiple work files, pics and other stuff on it. I only put one .spk file on it at a time, in the root directory, update the machine, and then I delete the .spk file. I hate to say it with people having problems, but mine went straight to the "select update type" screen right away. I selected full/verify and it took 3 mediocre games of DP to finish.

I'm sorry for those people having problems, but it sounds like a machine specific issue. Hopefully someone can figure it out.

#1462 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

quick video of the topper animations incorporated into the spinner. With the lights out in the basement it def lights things up!

The new code has definitely made the GB topper one of the best in pinball. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it now has the most code for a pinball topper.

#1463 4 years ago

Xaqery after your ball drains and the Total Bonus is displayed there’s a split second glitch screen then it goes to the next ball, I’ve looked close enough to make out a couple numbers and realized that’s your Total Score, which is logical to show after you tally up all your bonus usually you’re given your new score on games. It’s like this on 1.13, 1.16, & still on 1.17 (which I just installed with zero problems The code is there it’s just not given enough time to display & could be an easy remedy if another minor update takes place. Anyway BADASS JOB on this update you guys really went above and beyond THANKS!!

#1464 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadeBar:

Xaqery after your ball drains and the Total Bonus is displayed there’s a split second glitch screen then it goes to the next ball, I’ve looked close enough to make out a couple numbers and realized that’s your Total Score, which is logical to show after you tally up all your bonus usually you’re given your new score on games. It’s like this on 1.13, 1.16, & still on 1.17 (which I just installed with zero problems The code is there it’s just not given enough time to display & could be an easy remedy if another minor update takes place. Anyway BADASS JOB on this update you guys really went above and beyond THANKS!!

THIS is something I was hoping would be fixed as well. Still hoping its on the list for a future update.

#1465 4 years ago

After reading the difficulties people are having loading 1.17 I was hesitant to try it, but figured I’d give it a whirl. I noticed separate files now for LE and Prem, is this new? Loading the LE code off sterns website actually took a few attempts, and one time it said finished but also said incomplete.

Once I got a good download to my empty stick, it loaded into the game fine. I did the full upload with verify, which I don’t normally do but seemed like maybe a good idea considering the problems people are having, and it took fine. I did notice however that even with the full update, my setting for free play was saved.

Topper light show is very cool FTW, good job stern.

#1466 4 years ago

For anyone having issues updating the code try this. I noticed the file name this version was Ghostbusters_le_1_17_0.spk while the previous version was ghostbusters_LE_1_16_0.spk. earlier this week I was having issues updating code that I had given a custom name to. I had to rename my custom code to ghostbusters_LE_1_16.0.spk for it to be successful.

On a whim I renamed the new file to ghostbusters_LE_1_17_0.spk, selected full update, and everything worked fine. I didn't try under the stock name so I have no idea if I just lucked out or what but try matching the case.

#1467 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

For anyone having issues updating the code try this. I noticed the file name this version was Ghostbusters_le_1_17_0.spk while the previous version was ghostbusters_LE_1_16_0.spk. earlier this week I was having issues updating code that I had given a custom name to. I had to rename my custom code to ghostbusters_LE_1_16.0.spk for it to be successful.
On a whim I renamed the new file to ghostbusters_LE_1_17_0.spk, selected full update, and everything worked fine. I didn't try under the stock name so I have no idea if I just lucked out or what but try matching the case.

Interesting. I thought the very same with the case, one uppercase G and one lower.

#1468 4 years ago

Trying to rename but win10 changes it back to original. What am I doing wrong. Tried to lower g and cap le

Sorry got it had to delete all the title and retype what wanted. Now will try it.

Didn't make a difference, but tried a third stick and got it to work. So don't think a file name change is the problem

#1469 4 years ago

Its definitely possible. All it is is a node board driving like 14 LEDs. Just need to know which board type and how its wired figure out the pins to use and the beacon sequencing.

Maybe with some help from the Mission Pinball guys we could even intercept just the message for the topper on the RS485 bus, which would make an even cheaper design?

#1470 4 years ago

Yesterday I had a hang up with the new code. After multiball the last ball wouldn’t release from the Right scoop. The ball search works, but that coil wasn’t activated. First I thought I had a bad driver or coil, but after I went into the menu and tested the coil from Hand the ball release and everything works fine again. Anyone else had this ?

#1471 4 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Yesterday I had a hang up with the new code. After multiball the last ball wouldn’t release from the Right scoop. The ball search works, but that coil wasn’t activated. First I thought I had a bad driver or coil, but after I went into the menu and tested the coil from Hand the ball release and everything works fine again. Anyone else had this ?

This happened to me too, hope they solve it

#1472 4 years ago
Quoted from Olaa:

This happened to me too, hope they solve it

When that scoop doesn't activate, look down in there. Occasionally a ball gets stuck halfway on the ramp at the bottom of the subway ramp on mine. I hafta shake it loose. I'm eventually going to try a little shim on the right side under the playfield to angle the ramp more to the left.

#1473 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

When that scoop doesn't activate, look down in there. Occasionally a ball gets stuck halfway on the ramp at the bottom of the subway ramp on mine. I hafta shake it loose. I'm eventually going to try a little shim on the right side under the playfield to angle the ramp more to the left.

No that wasn’t the case. The ball was in Front of the Popper

#1474 4 years ago

I think I found a bug in 1.17. During the Ballroom mode, near the end of the mode, I shot into the right scoop and it didn't read that the ball was in there. It went into ball find mode, but never hit the right scoop coil, so it was just stuck until I had to stop the game. I confirmed afterwards that the switch and coil were working.

#1475 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I think I found a bug in 1.17. During the Ballroom mode, near the end of the mode, I shot into the right scoop and it didn't read that the ball was in there. It went into ball find mode, but never hit the right scoop coil, so it was just stuck until I had to stop the game. I confirmed afterwards that the switch and coil were working.

Are we talking pro or premium? I'm guessing pro

#1476 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

Are we talking pro or premium? I'm guessing pro

Premium.

#1477 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Sound similar to my problem, also premium

#1478 4 years ago

I wrote this already on the tiltforum, but you could be interested.
also some feedback on the coil sound would be nice.

Since the update, the gate on the orbit makes a buzz sound when opening.
You have to turn down game musik to hear it clear:

The Skillshot exploid issue is solved but you still can get the instant mode:
I dont know if this bothers you.

I also have had a double Tobins spirit guide bug.
I wanted to skip the animation, but the animation came twice.

#1479 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I wrote this already on the tiltforum, but you could be interested.
also some feedback on the coil sound would be nice.
Since the update, the gate on the orbit makes a buzz sound when opening.
You have to turn down game musik to hear it clear:

Don‘t worry. The sound is normal. They changed the frequency of the pulse-width modulation.
So the coils are no longer running at full power, this means the coils can now run a longer time without getting hot too quickly.
The Pro is activating both loop-gate and ramp-diverter coils with just one output. This means both are activated at the same time.
The issue with earlier code versions, the ramp-diverter coil got very hot after a couple games and then the ramp-diverter started to mailfunction. Some balls where not diverted when they should have been.
It’s good they fixed it.

#1480 4 years ago

God mode is really fun

#1481 4 years ago

I can't even get to 1.17 to see if there is a bug. LOL. About 25 tries and multiple reformatted USB sticks and it still won't work.

#1482 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

Jag kan inte ens komma till 1.17 för att se om det finns ett fel. LOL. Cirka 25 försök och flera omformaterade USB-stick och det fungerar fortfarande inte.

I bought a new one and then it worked right away

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).pngScreenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
#1483 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I can't even get to 1.17 to see if there is a bug.

Sorry to hear this... not sure why some are having issues. I just downloaded it from Stern and installed no problem. SanDisk cruzer 32gb is what I use.

#1484 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Sorry to hear this... not sure why some are having issues. I just downloaded it from Stern and installed no problem. SanDisk cruzer 32gb is what I use.

I just found another new USB drive. Reformatting it and trying again....

#1485 4 years ago

I thought they made it so you could skip extra ball animations ....doesnt seem to work on 1.17

#1486 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I thought they made it so you could skip extra ball animations ....doesnt seem to work on 1.17

I can shorten /skip extra ball light show etc via flipper presses I have an le

#1487 4 years ago

Only some of the time ...I'm not sure I understand why not all the time .

#1488 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

Don‘t worry. The sound is normal. They changed the frequency of the pulse-width modulation.
So the coils are no longer running at full power, this means the coils can now run a longer time without getting hot too quickly.
The Pro is activating both loop-gate and ramp-diverter coils with just one output. This means both are activated at the same time.
The issue with earlier code versions, the ramp-diverter coil got very hot after a couple games and then the ramp-diverter started to mailfunction. Some balls where not diverted when they should have been.
It’s good they fixed it.

thank you for the info, i read in the patch notes they changed something

#1489 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I just found another new USB drive. Reformatting it and trying again....

Make sure the file downloaded from Stern's website is unzipped onto the USB stick. You should have 2 files once unzipped.

#1490 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Make sure the file downloaded from Stern's website is unzipped onto the USB stick. You should have 2 files once unzipped.

the file is an SPK file...not a ZIP....put the .spk on the usb as is....do not try to unpack it.....I don't know why you are talking about 2 files and ZIP....

#1491 4 years ago

Anyone else notice on 1.17 no longer says when the light is green trap is clean on second locked ball?

#1492 4 years ago

Yep. Also was there any clarification why the sound is drastically softer than 1.13?

#1493 4 years ago

I’m getting a NIB Pro on Tuesday. Should I assume that 1.17 code is a full code download , not some kind of partial upgrade? I was told I might have to download 1.16 first. Can I get clarification on this?

#1494 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Anyone else notice on 1.17 no longer says when the light is green trap is clean on second locked ball?

Mine does.... Im sure if that.

#1495 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

the file is an SPK file...not a ZIP....put the .spk on the usb as is....do not try to unpack it.....I don't know why you are talking about 2 files and ZIP....

That is what I think I did when I updated a GB yesterday for a friend.

#1496 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Spoke with stern tech this morning. New code will cause game to reset if you get deep enough into game. I’m apparently not the only one this has happened to according to stern. Please email them and let them know. The game code is fine during a quick game, but if you go deep enough with a lot going on, it WILL reboot. Stinks. Don’t install the new code until it is figures out. It’s not the node board, or cpu, or voltage drop from power supply...../ it’s the code

Only got a couple games into 1.17 before a reset during Storage Facility with at least 4 balls going.

Had this issue on older code as well. Not sure if something about my game is causing anything as I dont know how anyone could reliably play their GB games with this issue. Happens far too often.

Thought the short while I had 1.16 with no issues that something was fixed. Seems not.

#1497 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Yes it does. Are you bypassing the animation with the flipper buttons?

#1498 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Yes it does. Are you bypassing the animation with the flipper buttons?

No. I’m not. Maybe it doesn’t do it every time?

#1499 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

No. I’m not. Maybe it doesn’t do it every time?

I could see it getting overridden if there are multiple callouts from the left ramp shot. There could be a whole lot going on when that second ball locks.

#1500 4 years ago

Not sure if it's just a fluke or what but the scream feature didnt not function properly on 1.17 premium. You hear the beginning noise and right when you are expecting the scream... nothing. Triggered it by the right scoop when negative reinforcement was lit. Anyone else has experience this or has had a successful scare trigger?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
15,699 (OBO)
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/30?hl=retrogamerjp and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.