(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 32.
#51 5 years ago

Games out of production, no way it’s still any kind of priority. Maybe if they do a ve later this year of another title there will be time to revisit gb.

They sure promised a lot with this title too bad they didn’t deliver.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Games out of production, no way it’s still any kind of priority. Maybe if they do a ve later this year of another title there will be time to revisit gb.
They sure promised a lot with this title too bad they didn’t deliver.

and I think many people are now nervous buying into new Dwight coded games. For me I want to buy Munsters but not until I see how the code pans out and so far sounds like it is way too easy.

#53 5 years ago

100%

Be stupid to risk getting burned again although there’s not a Lot to actually code into Munsters so should be complete shortly.

#54 5 years ago

Not sure how I missed this thread for so long. I've just been complaining in the main GB thread. I was so excited when SW went to 1.0. I texted a friend who also had a GB that we were getting close. Freaking Munsters will be 1.0 before GB gets any update at this rate. I'm not very happy at all about this whole thing.

#55 5 years ago

there’s not a Lot to actually code into Munsters so should be complete shortly.

After the GB fiasco, and basically every other code fiasco of the past few years, I wonder if Stern decided to see how shallow of a code they could get away with on Munsters in order to be able to finish it quicker and avoid a long period of code completion. If it doesn't impact sales of Munsters (and Munsters seems to be flying off the proverbial shelves for now) maybe we can look forward to simpler but complete code on a lot of upcoming machines, for better or (and more likely) for worse.

#56 5 years ago

I think it is pertinent to let Stern know you are not pleased if that is the case. As a customer that has purchased many of their products, I feel it is my duty to let them know that I am not happy about it. I think this is a customer service issue at this point. I love their stuff, but this could have been handled better for their customers. I'm sending an email.

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from ZEN:

I think this is a customer service issue at this point.

Has been for years and years.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

After the GB fiasco, and basically every other code fiasco of the past few years, I wonder if Stern decided to see how shallow of a code they could get away with on Munsters in order to be able to finish it quicker and avoid a long period of code completion. If it doesn't impact sales of Munsters (and Munsters seems to be flying off the proverbial shelves for now) maybe we can look forward to simpler but complete code on a lot of upcoming machines, for better or (and more likely) for worse.

Great point. Hadn’t considered this. Hopefully there will still be some deeper games for those that want them though.

#59 5 years ago

Sometimes I miss my GB Premium ( sold it after a year and a half ) now that my collection has grown is consider putting one back in the lineup but the lack of code is depressing.

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from Marcdaddy:

Sometimes I miss my GB Premium ( sold it after a year and a half ) now that my collection has grown is consider putting one back in the lineup but the lack of code is depressing.

Even the way it is, it’s a fantastic game

2 weeks later
#61 5 years ago

March update...rinse and repeat. It's now been 26 months since the last Ghostbusters code update from January 2017.

20190305_154014 (resized).jpg20190305_154014 (resized).jpg
#62 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

March update...rinse and repeat. It's now been 26 months since the last Ghostbusters code update from January 2017.[quoted image]

Stern is a joke when it comes to supporting this title, I will not buy another Dwight game again....ever! In Lyman I trust!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from kidchrisso:

Stern is a joke when it comes to supporting this title, I will not buy another Dwight game again....ever! In Lyman I trust!

Listen to his interview on the Head2Head podcast. It was clear he has no interest in circling back to Ghostbuster.

I'm with you. I'll never buy another Dwight game again.

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Listen to his interview on the Head2Head podcast. It was clear he has no interest in circling back to Ghostbuster.
I'm with you. I'll never buy another Dwight game again.

Well he did address some of them items he is planning on changing, an update is coming. However, it was very disappointing to not hear a commitment to adding an "Are You a God" super wizard mode. That mode is advertised on the game and needs to be added, otherwise it comes across as false advertising.

#65 5 years ago

Does anyone else have a $400 topper that they purchased and feel completely let down? It lights up more when the ball drains down an outlane than it does during the game. Basically during “we got one” call out and that’s about it. This should also be addressed in my opinion.

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Does anyone else have a $400 topper that they purchased and feel completely let down? It lights up more when the ball drains down an outlane than it does during the game. Basically during “we got one” call out and that’s about it. This should also be addressed in my opinion.

I'm not sure how I feel about the topper. I think it is actually integrated well for what they were going for: It lights up when Ecto 1 is doing something (and a couple other things). So, from that perspective, it seems like they got it.

However, it would be cool if it did more, but the topper doesn't have anything else it can do. If it had other lights, like a strobe or something, then I could see some other cool uses for it.

I just don't want the topper running the whole time I'm playing as it would dilute the coolness of when it does light up. But, I think I'd like a bit more from it...

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

I will give you $300 for it

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

They should have made it light up when you hit the spinner on the left orbit, would be a great addition since it matches. Would see it come on a lot more during other modes outside of "we got one".

#69 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Well he did address some of them items he is planning on changing, an update is coming. However, it was very disappointing to not hear a commitment to adding an "Are You a God" super wizard mode. That mode is advertised on the game and needs to be added, otherwise it comes across as false advertising.

He also said "If I had to go back." As in, it's not even on his radar.

#70 5 years ago

I was disappointed in that interview and his thoughts on the "mistake" of a mode and should not of made it to the card - excuses

I wanted to buy The Munsters but don't trust that he will improve that much, Stern should hand the GB code over to some of the newer and younger guys to improve as Dwight has lost his passion to improve it.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Implementing AYAG is not going to make the game any better if the current crop of issues isn't ironed out first.

- Make Terror Dogs more a bit more lucrative and they should be stackable!
- Close down ladder progression during SFMB. Or reduce ladder progression rate. Make it adjustable in settings please.
- Fix the bugs like where 2 modes can run at once.
- Give more time during Gozer(?) so the alternate shots are viable
- Extend or get rid of timer on the left captive ball awards. It's almost impossible to achieve playfield x through them.
- Make the left side targets do a bit more
- Add a worthwhile jackpot goal for SFMB ghost captures
- Make WCWSMB more fun by giving it some rules
- Please please please make ESP start higher, like 1 million or maybe even higher. It's way too boring/tedious starting at 100,000 (I think).
- DCTS made ESP almost pointless. ESP is way too much work to get the same points (50+ million) and failing gets you nothing for effort.
- Change the static scoring on the first tier modes. It's boring that they always score the same exact points.

That's the stuff I remember from owning the game. It would be my wishlist for changes if I still owned mine.

Rob

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

He also said "If I had to go back." As in, it's not even on his radar.

If Dwight has no intentions of going back to Ghostbusters code that's terrible. However, his comments made it sound like he will be working on Ghostbusters code once he's done with Munsters. Stern keeps saying an update is coming so someone will be working on it.

Either way this wait for code to be completed, 26 months now, is insane and personally doesn't make me want to buy another Stern.

#73 5 years ago

Theres plenty of other pinball manufacturers out there that care about there games. I am done with them

#74 5 years ago

Besides the scoring balances, for me, I would like to see that the modes in a ladder, once activated, would either let the player select which mode to play (like the minor villain selection in BM66), or make the mode selection within the ladder randomized.

#75 5 years ago

I’d like to see a Color Dmd, more neon, PEDs, maybe occasional onj 7:30pm departure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#76 5 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Besides the scoring balances, for me, I would like to see that the modes in a ladder, once activated, would either let the player select which mode to play (like the minor villain selection in BM66), or make the mode selection within the ladder randomized.

This would not work simply because the modes are not created equal in difficulty and scoring potential. You have to earn your way to the more lucrative modes by finishing the simpler ones first. Random modes would thus be completely unfair in a multiplayer game.

Rob

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

Do you mean you get to pick, like pressing a button? Or get to pick as in not having the a shot simultaneously complete a mode and start the next one?

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Do you mean you get to pick, like pressing a button? Or get to pick as in not having the a shot simultaneously complete a mode and start the next one?

Either:

a) hit the specific shot to start the ladder, then the player uses the flippers to select a mode within the specific ladder (i.e. like selecting which minor villain mode to play in Batman '66)

b) hit the specific shot to start the ladder, then the the machine/code randomly selects which mode to be played within the specific ladder.

This could open up the game for players to experience variety instead of the Groundhog Day sameness over and over.

Quoted from Rob_G:

This would not work simply because the modes are not created equal in difficulty and scoring potential. You have to earn your way to the more lucrative modes by finishing the simpler ones first. Random modes would thus be completely unfair in a multiplayer game.
Rob

I totally understand what you're saying. But a scoring balance fix could adjust the value for each mode depending on what "level" the player is in within the ladder, and progress the points/scoring based on how deep the player gets into the ladder.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from DruTheFu:

I totally understand what you're saying. But a scoring balance fix could adjust the value for each mode depending on what "level" the player is in within the ladder, and progress the points/scoring based on how deep the player gets into the ladder.

I get wanting to add some randomization, but it's a lot more complicated than just adjusting scoring. Let's say Gozer is randomly selected first. You have to hit all of those shots (right ramp, Gozer target, orbits, etc) to progress thru the Gozer tiers just to get $21M points because it's now Lvl 1. Then what about when WBTD is randomly selected fourth in that ladder? Three relatively easy shots will be worth 500M or more.

True randomization would require serious mode editing. They could make the modes selectable, and in doing so, make the game much easier. For example, you start WBTD and finish it on the left ramp...damn it! Instead of being forced into WGO, you are offered the choice of WGO, SL, or SC...because these are all the "available" modes at the time. Of course, that would require changing the requirements for WCWS. Otherwise, everyone would select SL and BOM, and there slips away the white whale of randomization again.

I can live with the ladder system, because I'll play a different ladder next game. I think there are bigger (and easier) issues to fix...mainly around scoring and unused inserts.

#80 5 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I get wanting to add some randomization, but it's a lot more complicated than just adjusting scoring. Let's say Gozer is randomly selected first. You have to hit all of those shots (right ramp, Gozer target, orbits, etc) to progress thru the Gozer tiers just to get $21M points because it's now Lvl 1. Then what about when WBTD is randomly selected fourth in that ladder? Three relatively easy shots will be worth 500M or more.
True randomization would require serious mode editing. They could make the modes selectable, and in doing so, make the game much easier. For example, you start WBTD and finish it on the left ramp...damn it! Instead of being forced into WGO, you are offered the choice of WGO, SL, or SC...because these are all the "available" modes at the time. Of course, that would require changing the requirements for WCWS. Otherwise, everyone would select SL and BOM, and there slips away the white whale of randomization again.
I can live with the ladder system, because I'll play a different ladder next game. I think there are bigger (and easier) issues to fix...mainly around scoring and unused inserts.

All of the mode start shots lead to or are a location that the ball can be held to make that a reality.

I was thinking the other day that there could be a reward of some sort for finishing all of the first stages of a ladder. Similar with all of the second stages. So all 3 low level ones gets you a multiball of some sort. I'd say Slimer MB, but I think that a Slimer MB should be about the same difficulty as Lil Deadpool MB. A little harder than that, but something fun for casual players to experience.

#81 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

All of the mode start shots lead to or are a location that the ball can be held to make that a reality.
I was thinking the other day that there could be a reward of some sort for finishing all of the first stages of a ladder. Similar with all of the second stages. So all 3 low level ones gets you a multiball of some sort. I'd say Slimer MB, but I think that a Slimer MB should be about the same difficulty as Lil Deadpool MB. A little harder than that, but something fun for casual players to experience.

This could be a do-able option. Clearing the first tiers starts WCWS...second tiers starts Slimer MB...Sounds a little like ST. Unfortunately, I doubt this is what they are thinking from the comments that have been made.

#82 5 years ago

My novice guests would be already happy if they (including myself) can see, at any time, which ball they are currently playing...

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

A Slimer multiball would be great to see in the game. Besides all of the polish mentioned in the thread Ghostbusters could really use another multiball mode and Slimer would be perfect considering its the main toy.

#84 5 years ago
Quoted from pin_king:

My novice guests would be already happy if they (including myself) can see, at any time, which ball they are currently playing...

And the score. I'm pretty sure the score shows roughly 3 seconds for every 5 minutes of gameplay.

#85 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And the score. I'm pretty sure the score shows roughly 3 seconds for every 5 minutes of gameplay.

This drives me nuts on league nights!

#86 5 years ago

Hopefully the code update actually happens. Be really shitty if stern just didn’t bother since it’s out of production anyways. It’s already a joke waiting 2 years for promised code.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from cabuford:

This drives me nuts on league nights!

Thankfully with this game, all you have to do is "skill shot cheat" your way into WBTD, hit 3 shots for $21Mil, hit the "skill shot cheat" on your other 2 balls, and perhaps even start SF MB, and you're going to win your grouping. Even without the MB, just the 3 cheats and completing WBTD is usually enough for me to guarantee 2nd, if not 1st.

This way you don't need to know score, since the game refuses to tell you!

#88 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Thankfully with this game, all you have to do is "skill shot cheat" your way into WBTD, hit 3 shots for $21Mil, hit the "skill shot cheat" on your other 2 balls, and perhaps even start SF MB, and you're going to win your grouping. Even without the MB, just the 3 cheats and completing WBTD is usually enough for me to guarantee 2nd, if not 1st.

And that's what I normally do. We give a dominating point, so it'd be nice to see if I'm anywhere near beating 2+3 if I'm #1.

Guess seeing the scores is like Christmas day though, surprise!!!

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I doubt they would ever implement this, but it's a great idea. It reminds me of Baywatch, how there are both vertical and horizontal ladders.

#90 5 years ago

Hopefully the code update actually happens. Be really shitty if stern just didn’t bother since it’s out of production anyways. It’s already a joke waiting 2 years for promised code.

I contacted their support a couple times via the web site...all I got out of them is "we will forward your concerns to the code team". But it wouldn't hurt to keep contacting them and let them know they are losing future sales over this.

#91 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I contacted their support a couple times via the web site...all I got out of them is "we will forward your concerns to the code team". But it wouldn't hurt to keep contacting them and let them know they are losing future sales over this.

They've already ended production. They sold all the Ghostbusters they're going to sell. Polishing the code is just going to help sell out what few NIB games distributors still have, and even then it's debatable how much that would really help move what stock is left.

Unless you mean sales of other new games, but Stern doesn't seem to have an issue with selling games as fast as they can make them.

I think Stern will eventually give one more polish to the code, but I think they realize it's mostly an act of goodwill and have an attitude that most people will be grateful for whatever and whenever it does ship. Stern has all the leverage.

#92 5 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

They've already ended production. They sold all the Ghostbusters they're going to sell. Polishing the code is just going to help sell out what few NIB games distributors still have, and even then it's debatable how much that would really help move what stock is left.
Unless you mean sales of other new games, but Stern doesn't seem to have an issue with selling games as fast as they can make them.
I think Stern will eventually give one more polish to the code, but I think they realize it's mostly an act of goodwill and have an attitude that most people will be grateful for whatever and whenever it does ship. Stern has all the leverage.

agree with much of you statement but more and more people are watching what Stern and Dwight are doing and holding off on purchasing coupled with Deeproot potential if they do what they say Stern may want to get better on code and game quality

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yeah. That happened with me, just sold a Star Wars LE and bought a JJP pin over a Stern partially due to the Ghostbusters code debacle. I refuse to buy another Stern product while Ghostbusters code is in the state it's in.

#94 5 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

agree with much of you statement but more and more people are watching what Stern and Dwight are doing and holding off on purchasing coupled with Deeproot potential if they do what they say Stern may want to get better on code and game quality

I wonder how many more games Dwight has in him. He's not as old as Steve Ritchie, but he's no spring chicken and is getting close to retirement age. Stern seems to have realized they need to start transitioning from the workhorses to new talent. Dwight might only be the head coder/rule-designer for two or three more games. His next game is presumably two or three years away. I bet Ghostbusters will be good enough by then, few will still care about the Munsters, and most will have forgotten about the whole problem in general.

Deeproot is a non-threat until there are games in boxes ready to ship. Until then they're all hype and even then, they're competing against the other smaller manufacturers.

#95 5 years ago

Is Wheel of Fortune an example of a game that Stern abandoned and didn't finish the code for it? Are there any others?

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from Lamprey:

Is Wheel of Fortune an example of a game that Stern abandoned and didn't finish the code for it? Are there any others?

24. Still a fun game though.

#97 5 years ago

The issue with Stern abandoning Ghostbusters code is that they have publicly admitted now that the game is not complete (George Gomez at Expo 2018), that an update is coming for 15 + "Stern of the Union" addresses, and Dwight himself admitted recently on the Head2Head pinball podcast that the games code is a bit of a mess. If Stern left Ghostbusters as it stands today it would be their biggest code blunder ever and will impact future game sales for years to come as unlike during the WOF days customers now have multiple options.

I do think that Ghostbusters code will be completed and will be completed this year. How much polish the game receives though and whether or not an "Are You a God" super wizard mode is added remains to be seen.

#98 5 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

Thankfully with this game, all you have to do is "skill shot cheat" ...

what's the skill shot cheat?

Is that the short plung in the lane and then hit it just right before it falls all the way down?

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from ScottyC:

what's the skill shot cheat?
Is that the short plung in the lane and then hit it just right before it falls all the way down?

Yep. I'm not convinced of it's value in a setting where there aren't a lot of extra balls available. At my location I have things set to 1 extra ball so you can't really rack up a bunch of 10% of your score skill shots.

#100 5 years ago

Why are you all so breathlessly awaiting the code update, as if it's due to drop any day now? It's on their "to-do" list and all anyone can do is accept that it'll be done when it's done. I'd be surprised if that day is any time before Expo since that would be a good time to release it so they can use its completion as a bullet point in whatever presentations they have at that event.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
7,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/2?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.