(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.
#1401 4 years ago

Am i the only one who misses the original spinner sound?? I really hope they bring that back.

#1402 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine did the same. I believe it is updated.

Ok, I'm doing it again now. One thing i missed was the "quick" or "full" update option. This time I am doing full and it's taking a long time like it always has. I'm just wondering if "quick" patches in the update and gives the same result?
Anyway, choosing "full" is allowing me to wait quite a while and I'm sure it's gonna clear all my settings.

***Update- yep, lost all my settings now.

#1403 4 years ago

I am also having this issue with 1.17 on my Pro. Used the same stick that I used for 1.16... start the process, there is no progress or anything and then just after 20 seconds or so of doing nothing it says it's done and to remove the stick and power cycle... just boots back up to version 1.16 again

Has anyone with a pro gotten this to work?

#1404 4 years ago

I can't even downgrade. I'm starting to think that 1.16 messed up the upgrade process.

#1405 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I can't even downgrade. I'm starting to think that 1.16 messed up the upgrade process.

Mine is all good now after choosing the full option. Update installed.

#1406 4 years ago

Updated to 1.17 on my Pro. Did the full update and verify with the same USB stick I used for 1.16. Took a while, but seemed to update. Skill shot now says award 5%. However, it did not erase my high scores or changed settings (free play, etc.)

#1407 4 years ago

I'm not even getting the option for the full update...

#1408 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I am also having this issue with 1.17 on my Pro. Used the same stick that I used for 1.16... start the process, there is no progress or anything and then just after 20 seconds or so of doing nothing it says it's done and to remove the stick and power cycle... just boots back up to version 1.16 again
Has anyone with a pro gotten this to work?

I got mine to work. I tied another USB stick, yet again, but I think what made it work was a double power cycle. I noticed when putting a stick in for the first time it was doing some kind of update even though it had already rebooted. I made sure I rebooted again after this with my new file and it worked. Not sure if it was luck or this was it but I think it might have something to do with it.

#1409 4 years ago

This is what's happening for me. Am I doing something wrong?

#1410 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

So yeah I used to get this, when you try it again see if it says it is updating something on boot up. Not after you do that initial update but the next time you reset when it says it is still on 1.16. If it does do not try the update again without another power cycle. It should not say anything this time and this made mine work. I feel like it was never in the right state to do the update after the first failed attempt. Try another USB too with this method.

#1411 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I believe (I may be mis-remembering) when mine said "press -/+ to choose" I pressed the + button and went with full update and verify.

#1412 4 years ago

Yes, that's what worked for me.

#1413 4 years ago

Mine won't do anything when I press +/-. When I hit Select it will make a 'thunk' sound and do nothing and then say it is complete and to remove USB and power cycle, exactly like in the video seenev posted a few posts above. So strange, never had problems like this and I've updated Spike games dozens and dozens of times with no issues like this in the past.

I'm going to try a different stick now and see what happens.

#1414 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Can you film the next bootup with the usb stick (ready to try again) in the machine after you do EXACTLY what you do in the video? I want to see if you get that mini update message.

#1415 4 years ago

I think I made a dogs dinner of my explanations. Here are the steps I took that worked. Maybe they will work for someone, or it could have been luck of the draw.

1. Boot with up USB stick in. 1.17 recognized. You can't navigate but you can hit enter to update. Once you hit enter it sits for 15 seconds or so then gives the message Update complete, remove flash and power cycle. You NEVER get an option to do quick or full update.
2. Remove flash and reboot. It boots up as normal in 1.16 still. Ugh. power down.
3. Put USB stick back in and boot machine. It has a mini update message as it boots up and it boots back into 1.17 update screen. Here is where instead of trying the update again I decided I didn't like that update message on this boot and instead of trying the update again I shut it down.
4. Boot machine again leaving the USB in place. It should NOT give that mini update message (I don't remember exactly what was said, it was quick) and it should take you back to update screen again for 1.17.
5. Hit enter and this time you should get the option for quick or full. I chose quick with no verify and it was fast to update but it worked this time. I removed usb and rebooted and it was running 1.17 with all my settings and high scores in place.

#1416 4 years ago

ONE Simple question stern.... Can I see how many balls are locked on my pro ghostbusters now?

#1417 4 years ago
Quoted from focusmediagroup:

I think I made a dogs dinner of my explanations. Here are the steps I took that worked. Maybe they will work for someone, or it could have been luck of the draw.
1. Boot with up USB stick in. 1.17 recognized. You can't navigate but you can hit enter to update. Once you hit enter it sits for 15 seconds or so then gives the message Update complete, remove flash and power cycle. You NEVER get an option to do quick or full update.
2. Remove flash and reboot. It boots up as normal in 1.16 still. Ugh. power down.
3. Put USB stick back in and boot machine. It has a mini update message as it boots up and it boots back into 1.17 update screen. Here is where instead of trying the update again I decided I didn't like that update message on this boot and instead of trying the update again I shut it down.
4. Boot machine again leaving the USB in place. It should NOT give that mini update message and it should take you back to update screen again for 1.17.
5. Hit enter and this time you should get the option for quick or full. I chose quick with no verify and it was fast to update but it worked this time. I removed usb and rebooted and it was running 1.17 with all my settings and high scores in place.

This sequence isn't working for me. I don't know if I'm seeing a mini update message or what that's supposed to look like. I never get the quick or full option.

#1418 4 years ago

For those that have the new code...is it as good as I am hearing?

#1419 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

ONE Simple question stern.... Can I see how many balls are locked on my pro ghostbusters now?

On the Storage facility plastic above right kickout/saucer, there are two lights. If red only is lit, its 1 ball locked. If Red and Green are lit, its 2 balls locked.

#1420 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

On the Storage facility plastic above right kickout/saucer, there are two lights. If red only is lit, its 1 ball locked. If Red and Green are lit, its 2 balls locked.

so the answer is yes, still yes.

#1421 4 years ago

Why does it not show on the dmd... like the premium and LE?

Quoted from shaub:

so the answer is yes, still yes.

#1422 4 years ago
Quoted from Daditude:

For those that have the new code...is it as good as I am hearing?

I played about 10 games, it seems fine I can't hit anything tonight, just try again tomorrow, its just not my night. I was averaging 1-2 billion scores on most games.

Free play and stock code I dont disable anything, except knocker volume to low, & shooter power to lowest setting. Which was saved from the previous code 1.16 it kept all my scores as well from 1.16.

#1423 4 years ago

I finally got the update to work with a different flash drive. I don't understand why the other one didn't work. I used it last time...

#1424 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I get the same. Between stern logo and update screen I quickly get numbers displayed like v 1.33 0 or something like on the video. Tried a dozen updates and no go. Even downloaded the prem one on stern in case it was better but no change

#1425 4 years ago

I got the code installed. I did the update and verify option. The GI seems brighter, has anyone noticed that? still no PKE lights during the loopin supers or pke frenzy qualifying shots.

I REALLY need to find a topper.

#1426 4 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

.I REALLY need to find a topper.

I would still love to see the innards of the stern topper.

#1427 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I would still love to see the innards of the stern topper.

#1428 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Im not sure, maybe because it's a physical lock on the premium. I havent played much of the premium so I havent noticed a different animation.

#1429 4 years ago
Quoted from embryon:

I get the same. Between stern logo and update screen I quickly get numbers displayed like v 1.33 0 or something like on the video. Tried a dozen updates and no go. Even downloaded the prem one on stern in case it was better but no change

Nothing worked for me except using a different flash drive. The first one I used I had used before to install 1.16, so it's not like the flash drive was the problem. I don't know what they did but I'm guessing it's a bug introduced in 1.16. Quite frustrating really...

#1430 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Nothing worked for me except using a different flash drive. The first one I used I had used before to install 1.16, so it's not like the flash drive was the problem. I don't know what they did but I'm guessing it's a bug introduced in 1.16. Quite frustrating really...

Ditto. I went through 8 memory sticks before one worked. And I used ones that worked before. All formatted, and reformatted the same way. It just took some persistence.

#1431 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

the premium does not post the ball lock status on the DMD....the lights on the trap....which are fine.

#1432 4 years ago

I emailed Stern about the topper. They no longer have the license so they can't make anymore. What we got is all there is. So if anyone has one for sale......

#1433 4 years ago

Time for stern to release the design and wiring so we can make them ourselves.

#1434 4 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

I emailed Stern about the topper. They no longer have the license so they can't make anymore. What we got is all there is. So if anyone has one for sale......

I guess that means no vault edition either.

#1435 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I guess that means no vault edition either.

Licenses can always be renewed. It just isn’t active now.

#1436 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

Yes. You always could. The lights on the containment system show how many locks you have.

#1437 4 years ago
Quoted from Toppers:

There are no physical locks on the PRO. You just make progress toward STORAGE FACILITY MULTIBALL. I do not ever like to say the word LOCK if you are not really locking balls. Its a pet-peeve of mine.

The first time on a PRO when you "lock" a ball (advance toward multiball) the display flashes STORAGE. To indicate its the first.
The second time you will see STORAGE FACILITY flash. This means you have advanced twice.

#1438 4 years ago
Quoted from ecto1a2003:

Ok so who is going to be the hero we need and break down their topper listing a BOM and wiring guide for the innards with some pictures. The housing is easy enough to fabricate.

#1439 4 years ago

Updating the code to 1.17 seems impossible (GB Premium). I used the USB-card that worked the last time for 1.16, but not now. There must be a bug in the installer.

#1440 4 years ago
Quoted from Nepi23:

Updating the code to 1.17 seems impossible. I used the USB-card that worked the last time for 1.16, but not now. There must be a bug in the installer.

Yup, very frustrating! I've tried a couple different keys, redownloaded the file a couple times, no luck, same result every time. Code update comes up when i boot with it, but I still cannot select any option with the +/-, i can hit the select/Enter button on the right hand of the controls, its makes a sound.... seems to do nothing for about 15 seconds, and then says its done and to remove USB and power cycle. Just gonna wait this one out a bit until everyone has been able to consistently get it installed.

#1441 4 years ago

Downloaded 1.17 Premium code from Stern, used 64 GB Patriot USB 3.0 Flash Drive for install (same one used for 1.16 install), did the Full Install (after reading about how Quick may not work).

Code updated to 1.17 as shown on the boot screen. All my scores and settings were retained.

Played 4 games and had no issues. Good download of file, good upgrade to machine.

...and I smiled each time I ripped the spinner and my very expensive Stern topper reacted with it!...

#1442 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

All my scores and settings were retained.

If all goes well, everyone that had 1.16 on their machines before should retain all settings and scores. That is one of the benefits of the new system.

#1443 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

Downloaded 1.17 Premium code from Stern, used 64 GB Patriot USB 3.0 Flash Drive for install (same one used for 1.16 install), did the Full Install (after reading about how Quick may not work).
Code updated to 1.17 as shown on the boot screen. All my scores and settings were retained.
Played 4 games and had no issues. Good download of file, good upgrade to machine.
...and I smiled each time I ripped the spinner and my very expensive Stern topper reacted with it!...

I do think that's a cool effect!

#1444 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

If all goes well, everyone that had 1.16 on their machines before should retain all settings and scores. That is one of the benefits of the new system.

That is awesome. Also love the cancel current game button combo.

#1445 4 years ago

No issues uploading new code on my Pro from 1.16. Used the same Sandisk 32gb flash drive I used before. Deleted old 1.16 off it and added the new 1.17 file. I did have the option to do a full update and “verify”. I noticed the machine recognized two files for some reason so I chose the first one with a full install and it worked first time. It retained my settings too. I am enjoying my topper even more now.

80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpegC8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpegC8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
#1446 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

And bless you guys for doing this! Part of me wants to set new scores but the other part of me wants to get back on the board again!
This is a great option for everyone!

#1447 4 years ago

I backed up anyways before just in case... LOL I do wish they'd tweak the Are You a God to light up the 20/40/60/80/100 ghosts lights on the playfield...

Jeff

#1448 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I do wish they'd tweak the Are You a God to light up the 20/40/60/80/100 ghosts lights on the playfield...

Jeff

I think Dwight said somewhere that their concern was people might be confused about where they stand with Ghost collecting after coming out of WARTBY/AYAG. But for something that doesn't happen very often, I can't imagine it would really be an issue.

It would also be nice if it indicated when you had 10/30/50/70/90 as well. like the 20 light start flashing at 10, go solid at 20, 40 start flashing at 30, go solid at 40. Though I could see how this might be confusing for some. Or if the DMD had the current count readily available.

#1449 4 years ago

I hope Dwight just becomes obsessed with perfecting the code and we continue to get weekly updates

#1450 4 years ago

Installation on PRO 2016- tried 3 different usb sticks, the 3rd worked. (file size 1.1 GB)

Played a few games, there is a new pitched buzz sound when the door on the right orbit opens.
It happens right after you plunge, just turn off the music and you will hear it.
I always play on volume 1 (family), thats why i hear it... at first i thought its the train noise from river of slime.
they said in the patch notes they did some coil optimizations, but this noise really annoys me and doesnt sound like a common coil noise.

On my games i made my way through the left and middle ladder (1x SFMB, 2x WCWS, 4 Extraballs) and got about 90 ghosts.
Looping supers and pke frenzy feels like a dangerous, ghost collecting STOP right now.
I cant make more than 5 Looping supers, most of the time i drain there anyway, not even to think about making risky 2x & 3x shots. PKE frenzy combined with SFMB can be killer, but what if you have no SFMB ready?

I have a question about this Looping Supers mode. When shooting the left ramp, SJP animation starts and the flashes comes right when i want to shoot the ball again. So i have to cradle it and wait until the flashes are over, because I CANT SEE WHERE I'M HITTING THE ***** BALL *blinded* (flashes are set to 60% brightness) Normaly the ball will be guided to the left way by of the ramp the devider when getting the SJP, and the ball will be released when the animation is over, so no blinding issue there. I also cant read how much points i get per looping super jackpot shot, because the animation is to slow when repeating shot after shot how its meant to be.
Am i the only one who thinks this mode could be optimized?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

15,699 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 103.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 29 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/29?hl=ecto1a2003 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.