(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 32.
#1301 4 years ago

Does anyone know about how long colordmd has responded to code changes in the past? I'm trying to set expectations.

#1302 4 years ago

Has anyone had their machine reset deep into the game. My game is fairly new and now that I updated the new code it’s resetting if you get very very deep. I got very far on the original code and never had this issue

#1303 4 years ago

Make sure you installed the correct code for what model pin you have

#1304 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Make sure you installed the correct code for what model pin you have

Pretty sure I did. I’m going to re-do it Can’t imagine it’s a voltage drop issue. Considering it was fine before the update. Agree?

#1305 4 years ago

Is it me or are the magna-slings a lot more active in the new code? It seems they are always doing something cool.

#1306 4 years ago

There will be another update. Dwight confirmed on Tilt Forums when people kept asking to nerf the skill shot points.

#1307 4 years ago

Spoke with stern tech this morning. New code will cause game to reset if you get deep enough into game. I’m apparently not the only one this has happened to according to stern. Please email them and let them know. The game code is fine during a quick game, but if you go deep enough with a lot going on, it WILL reboot. Stinks. Don’t install the new code until it is figures out. It’s not the node board, or cpu, or voltage drop from power supply...../ it’s the code

#1308 4 years ago

My son completed the game with no issues on my pro.

#1309 4 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hey, can anyone point me to how to start “are you a god” mode? I searched and don’t see anything relevant for some reason

I am not sure if anyone answered this for you. "You start Are You A God?" by collecting 100 ghost during "We Are Ready To Believe You".

#1310 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

My son completed the game with no issues on my pro.

Interesting. I had my game reset twice yesterday. 8 month old game. Was fine before the update.

#1311 4 years ago

also no problems here, went to 100 ghosts twice. (PRO)

#1312 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Interesting. I had my game reset twice yesterday. 8 month old game. Was fine before the update.

#1313 4 years ago

Yes. It seems to happen when you get into the billions.

#1314 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I did not have the game reset. However; when I was right around a billion my flippers just stopped and the ball drained. This was on my third ball and I had an extra ball. My extra ball was fine. I posted a comment about it in the club. Maybe it's a similar issue.....

#1315 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I’ve had multiple billion point games. Never had an issue. AYAG is a seriously difficult wizard mode though. It will be a while before I beat it

#1316 4 years ago
Quoted from Looprunner:

I did not have the game reset. However; when I was right around a billion my flippers just stopped and the ball drained. This was on my third ball and I had an extra ball. My extra ball was fine. I posted a comment about it in the club. Maybe it's a similar issue.....

Yeah. That stinks. Definitely shouldn’t be happening. It’s the code

#1317 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Yeah. That stinks. Definitely shouldn’t be happening. It’s the code

When stern tech gives me more intel I will post an update

#1318 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Spoke with stern tech this morning. New code will cause game to reset if you get deep enough into game. I’m apparently not the only one this has happened to according to stern. Please email them and let them know. The game code is fine during a quick game, but if you go deep enough with a lot going on, it WILL reboot. Stinks. Don’t install the new code until it is figures out. It’s not the node board, or cpu, or voltage drop from power supply...../ it’s the code

I actually had this happen once on the old code. Thought it was a fluke..

#1319 4 years ago

I too had it happen on the old code, only one time during a game when I was around two billion.

#1320 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

When stern tech gives me more intel I will post an update

Has this happened repeatedly to you?

#1321 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Has this happened repeatedly to you?

Twice yesterday when I got above 1 billion had never happened before
Had never happened before. The game he’s eight months old New Out of the box. I can’t believe it’s the power board.. It Hass to be the code

#1322 4 years ago

Is Eight months old

#1323 4 years ago

Quick question. I was wondering if anybody's heard the quote during Scolari Bros. "Two in the box ready to go, we be fast, they be slow!". Is it still in there? Thanks in advance.

#1324 4 years ago

Just saw the game reset on the papa stream. Cryss Stevens was over 7 billion and was about to start mass hysteria and the game went into midnight madness and reset. Well the game froze on the stern logo when it tried to reset.

#1325 4 years ago

oh it is there.....

#1326 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Just saw the game reset on the papa stream. Cryss Stevens was over 7 billion and was about to start mass hysteria and the game went into midnight madness and reset. Well the game froze on the stern logo when it tried to reset.

I’m glad it’s not me. Really? You saw it. ??? Stern wants me to re-install the update. Please email stern.

#1327 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I’m glad it’s not me. Really? You saw it. ??? Stern wants me to re-install the update. Please email stern.

It’s BS. The code messed up my game. It was fine before. Pointless to play if it resets when you get above a billion. So pissed

#1328 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Hopefully Stern releases an update (and not 32 months from lol) to address the bug. That's a bad one to have in there. Enabling some game settings to make the game a bit harder should eliminate any issues if they are caused by crazy high scores. I'm really enjoying the new code playing with ghost target shot spotting disabled and not letting scenes being marked complete if they are not completed when a ball drains. Personally I think the game is too easy in regards to mode progression with the new default settings.

Also, one last Stern of the Union update for Ghostbusters

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG

#1329 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hopefully Stern releases an update (and not 32 months from lol) to address the bug. That's a bad one to have in there. Enabling some game settings to make the game a bit harder should eliminate any issues if they are caused by crazy high scores. I'm really enjoying the new code playing with ghost target shot spotting disabled and not letting scenes being marked complete if they are not completed when a ball drains. Personally I think the game is too easy with the new default settings.
Also, one last Stern of the Union update for Ghostbusters
[quoted image]

Agree. I don’t mark scenes complete with ball drains. I love this game and code. I’m just pissed. Maybe I should make the settings more difficult. I can get above a billion 1 out of 25 games. You think it’s a high score thing? That’s is the only time it happens

#1330 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Quick question. I was wondering if anybody's heard the quote during Scolari Bros. "Two in the box ready to go, we be fast, they be slow!". Is it still in there? Thanks in advance.

yes, its still there. It comes from time to time when you beat the scoleris, i love it!

#1331 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

It’s BS. The code messed up my game. It was fine before. Pointless to play if it resets when you get above a billion. So pissed

Sometimes bugs make it into the code. You can test for months and not catch every scenario. I'm sure they will take our user feedback and attempt to replicate the issue. Hopefully, they'll provide a quick patch!

#1332 4 years ago

There was also a bug on 1.13 that caused the flippers to go dead and lose the ball. The game didn’t reset for me. I have it on video and sent it to Stern a long time ago.

#1333 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Yes, but it doesnt happen often. I feel like it does this if the SB are knocked down very quickly together...

#1334 4 years ago

Just wanted to show everyone my insert lights after the new update.

Some inserts are not as bright as before the update. Extra ball is dimmer along with Jackpot, Storage, We came we saw insert, and We're ready to believe you. Now the Extra Ball and REd super jackpot look somewhat bright but they aren't in person.

Talked to Pablo at Stern, they told me to recode the machine and if that doesn't work, get a new SD card. Haven't deleted the Flash stick and recode, hopefully tonight.

#1335 4 years ago

They may have tamed them down after all the bitchin about being blinded while playing.
I liked the super bright lights and I noticed now they are not as super.

#1336 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

They may have tamed them down after all the bitchin about being blinded while playing.
I liked the super bright lights and I noticed now they are not as super.

i AGREE with you on the blinding lights as I put colored celophane under the Slingshot light inserts as they were unbearable.

However, the colored inserts I like bright and they don't bother me....If you notice some on the colored inserts i.e. Tobin and insert next to it look great, so I can't imagine they tamed some colored inserts and not the others.

#1337 4 years ago

Interesting how Timing out Stay Puft and other final ladder modes has no penalty? In fact, you are rewarded with a lucrative multiball (We came we saw).

Might this be a good strategy to time out instead of staying in risky single ball play?

Note: I think Stay Puft can be timed out during the first few seconds of "Choose the Destructor" by not choosing a multiplier shot. lol

#1338 4 years ago

Is anyone else pissed all the actual music from the soundtrack is now missing (except the main theme)? I really enjoy the new lightening effects, but the replacement to the real music from the movies is upsetting to me.

#1339 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Just wanted to show everyone my insert lights after the new update.
Some inserts are not as bright as before the update. Extra ball is dimmer along with Jackpot, Storage, We came we saw insert, and We're ready to believe you. Now the Extra Ball and REd super jackpot look somewhat bright but they aren't in person.
Talked to Pablo at Stern, they told me to recode the machine and if that doesn't work, get a new SD card. Haven't deleted the Flash stick and recode, hopefully tonight.

you can set the LED brightnes in the menue now, it is possible that they tweaked something there.
the same goes for the coil strengh. for example the kick out power of the trough.

#1340 4 years ago
Quoted from Blambo:

Is anyone else pissed all the actual music from the soundtrack is now missing (except the main theme)? I really enjoy the new lightening effects, but the replacement to the real music from the movies is upsetting to me.

The official code has never had the soundtrack music, just a few unofficial versions - e.g.:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-custom-code-v116-pro-amp-premium
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-116-custom-mix-bobby-brown-and-higher-and-higher

#1341 4 years ago
Quoted from Blambo:

LOL!

#1342 4 years ago

Oh wow, thanks! I didn't realize I was using unofficial code. I'm the second owner of the machine I bought a few months ago. Hopefully someone takes the newest Stern code and inserts the music again.

#1343 4 years ago
Quoted from Blambo:

Oh wow, thanks! I didn't realize I was using unofficial code. I'm the second owner of the machine I bought a few months ago. Hopefully someone takes the newest Stern code and inserts the music again.

They have. I recently installed it and it is great.

#1344 4 years ago

Looks like Dwight is already working on another update to address some bugs and tweak some settings! From the GB club thread.

Dwight if you read this please consider adding the "What the hell are you doing" line from the movie to the game. Would be great for an outlane drain callout or cabinet start button press callout. Slimer multiball too please...I'm joking! Well if it does get added I wouldn't complain

20191003_123529 (resized).jpg20191003_123529 (resized).jpg

#1345 4 years ago

Why is the 10% skill shot such a big deal? Its there for every player to utilize. Do people just hate big numbers? Thanks a lot JJP scoring...

@ PanzerFreak Why not just use Pinball Browser and replace one of the drain call outs with "What the hell are you doin?"

#1346 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Why is the 10% skill shot such a big deal? Its there for every player to utilize. Do people just hate big numbers? Thanks a lot JJP scoring...
@ PanzerFreak Why not just use Pinball Browser and replace one of the drain call outs with "What the hell are you doin?"

The issue is that all the Skill Shots award +10% of your score, and some skill shots specifically award +10% (for a total of +20%), and you can score 2 skill shots per ball. So you can get 30% or more - so it's overly imbalanced. Dwight is still keeping +5% value on the skill shots from what he said in the post. Since you can score 2 Skill Shots, that would still be 10% of your score.

#1347 4 years ago

Where can you see your playfield multiplier? Is it always on screen or shown with inserts? It needs a constant presence.

#1348 4 years ago

Playfield multipliers are active when flashing on the playfield, I believe.

#1349 4 years ago

Hey, when you lock the second ball, it sometimes now does say light is green, trap is clean! Or mine just did!

#1350 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Where can you see your playfield multiplier? Is it always on screen or shown with inserts? It needs a constant presence.

Is is the inserts near the left ramp. When they flash the multiplier is active. Constantly visible. Plus, when the multiplier is extended, an audio cue + DMD confirmation is shown.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/27?hl=oradke and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.