(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 32.
#1251 4 years ago

is there a setting to shut off the random scream . I have it in a restaurant and it drives people insane . sorry if this has been answered previously . thanks

#1252 4 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

is there a setting to shut off the random scream . I have it in a restaurant and it drives people insane . sorry if this has been answered previously . thanks

Yes - just go to the adjustments menu. It's called something like "Scream Feature" - On/Off

#1253 4 years ago
Quoted from rockfantasyman:

Please tell me you have video of customers freaking out over the scream?!?!

#1254 4 years ago

Anyone notice the colored inserts like the Extra Ball is not bright like it used to be....I messed around with the Insert Settings, I lowered them then put them back to factory defaults and still dull.

Adjustments I made - Changed Auto Launch to 155, but then put it up to 200 which works fine....ball doesn't hit the Stay PUft bracket.

Put Shaker to Moderate, but curious as to what the Setting is "Long"?

Lowered to flipper strength but didn't like it, put back to factory default....I don't get airballs off the 2X and 3X as I installed Swinks Brackets....Might get 1 airball out of 20 with them.

#1255 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

Anyone notice the colored inserts like the Extra Ball is not bright like it used to be....I messed around with the Insert Settings, I lowered them then put them back to factory defaults and still dull.
Adjustments I made - Changed Auto Launch to 155, but then put it up to 200 which works fine....ball doesn't hit the Stay PUft bracket.
Put Shaker to Moderate, but curious as to what the Setting is "Long"?
Lowered to flipper strength but didn't like it, put back to factory default....I don't get airballs off the 2X and 3X as I installed Swinks Brackets....Might get 1 airball out of 20 with them.

If anything, I think my inserts seem brighter. At least more colorful.

#1256 4 years ago
Quoted from funchaser:

Love the new update - made a great game even better!! One thing I've always wondered, why did they not use this call out for a ball drain: "What the hell are you doin?" (i.e. the maid from the Sedgewick Hotel)? It always seemed like a no-brainer drain call out to me (also could be used if you miss an important shot, etc). I'm not complaining about what's there (love it), this just seems like an obvious thing (maybe they didn't capture this quote from the movie audio)?

I can't tell you the exact situation I was in, but I heard that call out last night. I'm sure that it wasn't a drain though.

#1257 4 years ago

Is anyone else having issues passing the ball from flipper to flipper while cradling the ball? I can't do it with the new code, the flippers just don't respond.

That's the only issue I've come across so far. I hit a 6.9 billion last night and I'm looking forward to playing all weekend. I love how the translite will now dim and flicker depending on whats going on.

#1258 4 years ago
Quoted from Redfield0009:

Is anyone else having issues passing the ball from flipper to flipper while cradling the ball? I can't do it with the new code, the flippers just don't respond.
That's the only issue I've come across so far. I hit a 6.9 billion last night and I'm looking forward to playing all weekend. I love how the translite will now dim and flicker depending on whats going on.

Have not noticed this. Did you lower the coil strength from stock settings?

#1259 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Have not noticed this. Did you lower the coil strength from stock settings?

No I left the flipper strength at stock settings. I guess I could lower it and give it a try

#1260 4 years ago

I lowered the flipper strength to soft and am having no issues with passing or airballs now.

#1261 4 years ago

Couple of glitches I notice, and don't know if this has done this for others. (on LE/Premium Roms)

During Spook Central. After you get the value locked in. The 4 shots come up for the guys, and sometimes after hitting the who brought the dog shot or hitting something else. the PKE shot will qualify without hitting it.

Also happened during who brought the dog with the spinner shot, without actually hitting it.

Also had it when I was doing Spook Central. Again after qualifying value. I had river of slime going, and river of slime is on top of the left ramp white arrow i need to qualify. I hit the ramp and it gave me river of slime, but didn't get credit for the shot for Spook Central. Don't know if this was intentional? Like you have to get rid of the slime before you can get your shot?

#1262 4 years ago

Loving the code. Not moaning, just pointing out, the new callouts for ' who brought the dog ' are not of the same high standard quality wise as the rest of the sounds on this machine. They sound like I recorded them with an old tape deck and a microphone. Really stands out to me. Still, nice to hear something other than the original sound clip.

#1263 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

Couple of glitches I notice, and don't know if this has done this for others. (on LE/Premium Roms)
During Spook Central. After you get the value locked in. The 4 shots come up for the guys, and sometimes after hitting the who brought the dog shot or hitting something else. the PKE shot will qualify without hitting it.
Also happened during who brought the dog with the spinner shot, without actually hitting it.
Also had it when I was doing Spook Central. Again after qualifying value. I had river of slime going, and river of slime is on top of the left ramp white arrow i need to qualify. I hit the ramp and it gave me river of slime, but didn't get credit for the shot for Spook Central. Don't know if this was intentional? Like you have to get rid of the slime before you can get your shot?

Neo - you might be hitting the "Ghost" target during modes, and not realizing that it will spot a mode shot for you. This can be turned off in the setting BTW.

#1264 4 years ago

The game still kicks my ass....but now....I want to keep playing

#1265 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Loving the code. Not moaning, just pointing out, the new callouts for ' who brought the dog ' are not of the same high standard quality wise as the rest of the sounds on this machine. They sound like I recorded them with an old tape deck and a microphone. Really stands out to me. Still, nice to hear something other than the original sound clip.

I did notice this as well.

#1266 4 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

And have you reached mass hysteria where the "dogs and cats living together" is almost as loud as the scream scare.

#1267 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And have you reached mass hysteria where the "dogs and cats living together" is almost as loud as the scream scare.

No, is it poor quality too? The callouts I mentioned only stand out because the whole sound package on this machine is otherwise amazing, has been since day one.

#1268 4 years ago

Not bad quality, just really loud. I'm sure they wanted it that way though
I know what you mean about the others, seems strange they had to add different clips to that. I hear we got one just as much.

#1269 4 years ago

One weird bug I found was when Who Brought the Dog times our with one shot remaining, the insert shuts off, but when I requalify modes, WBTD is solid, and my next mode is spook central.

#1270 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Neo - you might be hitting the "Ghost" target during modes, and not realizing that it will spot a mode shot for you. This can be turned off in the setting BTW.

that could be. I didn't know that was a thing. How many times do you have to hit it to qualify?

#1271 4 years ago

Also for the second storage lock, when ray says ”Light is green, Trap is clean” ... so awesome

#1272 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that could be. I didn't know that was a thing. How many times do you have to hit it to qualify?

If it’s not your first or last mode shot, you can hit the Ghost target to spot ONE shot for that mode.

#1273 4 years ago

yes i'm going to have to turn that off. don't need it that easy.

#1274 4 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

yes i'm going to have to turn that off. don't need it that easy.

We turned that off too

#1276 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I can't tell you the exact situation I was in, but I heard that call out last night. I'm sure that it wasn't a drain though.

Interesting, I haven't heard that yet. Curious what they used it for.

#1277 4 years ago

I like the Ghost target on, but modes continue ball to ball. Like I said the target only spots 1 shot a mode, and it’s a dangerous shot itself. Plus it adds variety

#1278 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

If anything, I think my inserts seem brighter. At least more colorful.

I’ll Have to call TEK SUPPORT on Monday as my wife thought the same thing and she doesn’t notice the things like I do a lot of times

#1279 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I sent an email to Dwight regarding that because that would’ve been an awesome call out also posted it on the pinside

#1280 4 years ago

<<I also had 10% of score from Tobin, which equated to over 300mil from a random award!>>

If you think that's bad, I heard Escher was able to get 6x running then collect 60% score from Tobins which can be worth Billions!

How easy would you guys say this is to recreate conditions?
-First score 3 Billion or so
-Now light Tobins mystery via slot pops, or 20 ghost collect (skill shot method does not count because it cancels pf multipliers I think)
-Start 6x playfield (without accidentally hitting left scoop)
-Hit left scoop
-Pray Tobins grants 10% random award (or at least relights Tobins to hit immediately again for a second chance! but I think it's broken)

My questions are, How random is this award? How easy is this to recreate? If true, this might be the only strategy to play.

#1281 4 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

&lt;&lt;I also had 10% of score from Tobin, which equated to over 300mil from a random award!&gt;&gt;
If you think that's bad, I heard Escher was able to get 6x running then collect 60% score from Tobins which can be worth Billions!
How easy would you guys say this is to recreate conditions?
-First score 3 Billion or so
-Now light Tobins mystery via slot pops, or 20 ghost collect (skill shot method does not count because it cancels pf multipliers I think)
-Start 6x playfield (without accidentally hitting left scoop)
-Hit left scoop
-Pray Tobins grants 10% random award (or at least relights Tobins to hit immediately again for a second chance! but I think it's broken)
My questions are, How random is this award? How easy is this to recreate? If true, this might be the only strategy to play.

Lots of risk/reward with this. Everything has to be perfect in order to make that happen. Total luck from tobins

#1282 4 years ago

some things i noticed:

tobins spirit sometimes wont light up when getting tobins as a reward again. (same in 1.13.)
video mode sometimes wont light up from tobins reward. (same in 1.13.)

sometimes i wont get into SFMB when i hit the left ramp during a mode, it just removes the green SF insert light.

ghost collecting stops in SFMB when hitting 60 or 80 ghosts, because of looping/pke frenzy. can you confirm?

during WCWS on the librian ladder (2 ball MB) sometimes i get a 3rd ball without getting add-a-ball, is this normal?

Quoted from swinks:

Had a good session with the kids and noticed 2 bugs during "God Mode" and reported them to Dwight, so keep an eye on them and confirm if it happens with you guys as well.
Bug 1 - left flip + start does not end the game in “God Mode” when at the 2nd and 3rd player point on 2 occasions just added another player
Bug 2 - if you are playing 2 player “God Mode” and during the 2nd player the start is pushed to allow a 3rd player it adds Player 3 BUT it also adds an extra ball / turn to the 2nd player after their God Mode turn is completed but the extra ball is in a regular game and lights mode and not in a “God Mode” - we let it drain and then 3rd player god mode starts as regular. We had this same sort of thing happen a couple of random times as well when we started the comp with 3 - 4 players from the beginning before player 1 starts and it added the weird extra ball after the god mode of player 2 on 2 occassions. So there seems a random bug between player 2 and 3.

yeah, i have had an extra ball during god mode. i drained, extra ball animation appeared and i started with ball one of three in a normal game.

#1283 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

ghost collecting stops in SFMB when hitting 60 or 80 ghosts, because of looping/pke frenzy. can you confirm?

I can confirm this - yes

Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

during WCWS on the librian ladder (2 ball MB) sometimes i get a 3rd ball without getting add-a-ball, is this normal?

You may not have noticed how you get the add-a-ball - maybe it was from a pops award, versus the the left scoop

#1284 4 years ago

Bobby Brown and higher and higher music coming tonight

Premium only

#1285 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Bobby Brown and higher and higher music coming tonight
Premium only

That’s what I’m talkin bout!

Hey, can anyone point me to how to start “are you a god” mode? I searched and don’t see anything relevant for some reason

#1286 4 years ago

Silly, silly fun! Thousand times more enjoyable to get these kind of scores now.

I’ve bested 26B in the previous code, but under the perfect set of circumstances. I couldn’t play through the whole game to achieve it. All right ladder attempts to get to stay puft and max out the Stay puft multiplier with the PF 6X.

B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpegB06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
#1287 4 years ago

I've been averaging lower scores on the new code. I'm so used to the old code that my strategies don't work. I did get to stay puft, though, which was nice to see.

#1288 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I've been averaging lower scores on the new code. I'm so used to the old code that my strategies don't work. I did get to stay puft, though, which was nice to see.

I stunk on the new code as well for the first couple of days. My problem was the flipper power. I set it to soft at first, but it didn't have enough snap. Normal is good, but it doesn't feel the same as the original. It took me a while to find my shots again.

Old strategies seem to be obsolete. You don't have to get to StayPuft if you're looking for scores. It's all MB now. Spooked Librarian is my go to start now. It's only two modes to get to WCWS for potential billions.

#1289 4 years ago

for those talking about mystery+luck : did you check for a "competition" mode ? as for example with AFM, and than mystery always give 50.000.000 to evbd, which is than fair (if you're competing)

this is of course true for all pinball giving a mystery, the better example is BS DRACULA... as sometime you win a game with points from mystery :/

#1290 4 years ago

Code is in on my Premium ...... now I just need to wait till my hardware set comes back from powdercoat. Illusion Purple .

#1291 4 years ago

So i love the code. I seen online that the music was changed for different modes. Like someone had added bobby brown song from gb 2 movie. Just wondering if anyones done this. Thanks.

#1292 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

So i love the code. I seen online that the music was changed for different modes. Like someone had added bobby brown song from gb 2 movie. Just wondering if anyones done this. Thanks.

yeah - that was me! I've updated the code to work with this lastest version. See below:

premium only:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-116-custom-mix-bobby-brown-and-higher-and-higher

#1293 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Scoring was instantly higher for me. My average game is well over 300M now

#1294 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

yeah - that was me! I've updated the code to work with this lastest version. See below:
premium only:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-116-custom-mix-bobby-brown-and-higher-and-higher

I want a pro version.

#1295 4 years ago

Fun with God mode:
- Set machine to "God Mode"
- Start game, but DONT PLUNGE YET
- Set game back to "Normal"
- Now plunge away!

You'll start with God mode. Once it ends, you continue with 2 more balls and a regular game, allowing you to even register a regular highscore!

Is that cheating or just hacking?

#1296 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Fun with God mode:
- Now plunge away!
You'll start with God mode. Once it ends, you continue with 2 more balls and a regular game, allowing you to even register a regular highscore!

Cheating hacker!

#1297 4 years ago

but it goes into regular game mode and stays if you have more than 1 player....

#1298 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

premium only:

This work for Le? Are they the same? Forgot what I downloaded last time. Thanks

#1299 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

This work for Le? Are they the same? Forgot what I downloaded last time. Thanks

Never mind read the thread!

#1300 4 years ago
Quoted from oradke:

Fun with God mode:
- Now plunge away!

Neither...it's just having too much time on your hands to look for stuff like that!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

15,699 (OBO)
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/26?hl=m00nmuppet and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.