(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 32.
#1201 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, bit worried about that. I'm playing the new code leaving ghost target mode shot spotting off, and not letting scenes be marked completed if they are not completed by the player. Every other setting is the new default. I think those two adjustments make the game a lot more challenging, and for the good to great player will make mode progression more rewarding.
I plan to always have GB in my collection so the two adjustments above are a must in my opinion. What's cool is you can play a God mode based game with friends with a quick setting. Then again I don't want to see any spoilers for that mode lol.

Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Its easy to make the game harder (settings, move the outlane posts, etc) but its impossible to make the game easier. Now its easier, its your turn to tighten up the settings to your liking.

Agreed. I am going to have to take some more time to play and find what I need to tweak.

I did notice right away that letting scenes marked completed if they are not completed was far too easy for progression.

Personally, I never felt the original code was "too hard" but I know im in the minority with that.

#1202 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, bit worried about that. I'm playing the new code leaving ghost target mode shot spotting off, and not letting scenes be marked completed if they are not completed by the player. Every other setting is the new default. I think those two adjustments will make the game a lot more challenging and for the good to great player make mode progression more rewarding.

Agreed with these updates.

Also - LOVE the new call out for the storage unit....light is green it's clean. Tons of new colors on the PF for shots too. Reduced flipper to soft right away b/c it was way too strong and even soft is doing well.

#1203 4 years ago

Yep like everyone else so far really loving the changes, and i haven't even had a big game yet (I know its coming)

#1204 4 years ago

after probably 2 dozen games, Ive decided to change to not auto-complete modes, i like that wcws is attainable but I dont want it to be a straight up gimme.

I do like the Ghost target mode shot rule though. In the early modes it doesnt seem needed as its a more dangerous shot than the mode shots themselves and it does put the ball out of control so it is still risky down the road. I wouldnt mind seeing it disabled during multiballs though.

I would still like to see some multiplier adjustments in the settings and maybe a multiplier start qualify adjustment (have to hit captive ball, and a timer adjustment so it only lights a multiplier if you hit it directly on the fly).

I havent explored the wcws from the ramp or orbit ladders, are there any differences besides number of balls to start?

It would be nice to have a risk/reward for going for some of the deeper ladders, something like:
Librarian - 2 ball mb, up to 2 add-a-balls
Ramp - 3 ball mb, up to 3 add-a-balls
Orbit - 4 ball mb, up to 4 add-a-balls

There's a lot of points to be had in wcws, especially with multipliers going and a couple add-a-balls to string things along. it would be nice to incentivize players into playing the deeper ladders as well.

Anyways, I'm really happy with where the code is at, and I'm looking forward to digging deeper into new strategies. It really does feel like a new game to me. My thanks goes out to the "Top Men" who brought it all together!

#1205 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also - LOVE the new call out for the storage unit....light is green it's clean. Tons of new colors on the PF for shots too. Reduced flipper to soft right away b/c it was way too strong and even soft is doing well.

The flipper strength adjustment is great! I've noticed far fewer airballs, if any, since lowering it.

#1206 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Loved that callout also.

#1207 4 years ago

Anyone have a good setting for the auto launch? I lowered mine to like 210 but still having issues.

#1208 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Anyone have a good setting for the auto launch? I lowered mine to like 210 but still having issues.

You may need to make other adjustments. The GB Issue thread has posts to fix an issue near the top of the launch ramp on the right that can upset the ball trajectory and cause it to not go around.

#1209 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

choose the lowes setting, no problems since.

#1210 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You may need to make other adjustments. The GB Issue thread has posts to fix an issue near the top of the launch ramp on the right that can upset the ball trajectory and cause it to not go around.

interesting, ill check it out. thanks..

#1211 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

oh ok, ill drop it all the way down and see how that works..

#1212 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

Thanks! That just resolved that issue.

#1213 4 years ago

So with the Ghost Shot Target Mode turned off, does that basically take it back to where you have to hit slimer three times to get a mode started?

#1214 4 years ago

Has anyone tested how the ghost shot spotting works. In my limited experience it always seems to eliminate the harder shots, so on the Pro, if the right ramp is lit it seems to spot that shot. If that shot is not lit it spots the left orbit. Unsure after that as I find the other shots to be easier then the ghost, so there was little motivation to shoot it.

Also just noting that they changed how the right ladder modes are started, the ball now has to complete the orbit to count. Previously these modes could be started with a simple backhand. I haven't found this to be the case now, I almost always end up in the pop bumpers with a backhand.

#1215 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Has anyone tested how the ghost shot spotting works. In my limited experience it always seems to eliminate the harder shots, so on the Pro, if the right ramp is lit it seems to spot that shot. If that shot is not lit it spots the left orbit. Unsure after that as I find the other shots to be easier then the ghost, so there was little motivation to shoot it.
Also just noting that they changed how the right ladder modes are started, the ball now has to complete the orbit to count. Previously these modes could be started with a simple backhand. I haven't found this to be the case now, I almost always end up in the pop bumpers with a backhand.

Yeah, have to hit a clean shot from really only the left flipper to start far right ladder modes. I thought something was wrong with my game at first. I'm not sure if that's good or not. Maybe at default settings it's a good thing with mode progression having been made easier.

#1216 4 years ago

I can always make an orbit with a backhand to start the mode but my flippers are adjusted to be even with the outlanes not below. Also I like to turn off the post that stops the full orbit shot. It creates more flow imo. Anyone else disable that post?

#1217 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, have to hit a clean shot from really only the left flipper to start far right ladder modes. I thought something was wrong with my game at first. I'm not sure if that's good or not. Maybe at default settings it's a good thing with mode progression having been made easier.

I think its good. I never liked having it start without the orbit. Seems like cheating the system.

#1218 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The main thing I don't like about it is it just further incentivizes the skill shot exploit.

#1219 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The main thing I don't like about it is it just further incentivizes the skill shot exploit.

What exactly is the skill shot exploit?

#1220 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

What exactly is the skill shot exploit?

My guess would be that it is that you can short plunge and not trigger any switches and then let the ball drain and try again. It's less of an issue now that "light multipliers" skill shot isn't an issue.

#1221 4 years ago

Was the flipper strength adjusted by default? Or just a setting added? One of my return springs broke on my second game after the update, so was curious...

#1222 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

My guess would be that it is that you can short plunge and not trigger any switches and then let the ball drain and try again. It's less of an issue now that "light multipliers" skill shot isn't an issue.

Oh gotcha. yea i knew about that but getting that damn "K" is very hard to me...

#1223 4 years ago

How do you light the "x3" multiplier? I didnt see that get lit last night when playing.

#1224 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

You can plunge the ball a short distance, then plunge it quickly at full strength to automatically collect the skill shot in the right orbit, which is either starting a mode or collecting 10% of your score. Here is an example of where that, combined with the other changes, will make game progression too easy for most players on the default settings.

On BALL 1 use the skill shot exploit to start Who Brought The Dog. It then takes three shots to complete the mode, plus one of them can be spotted with the ghost targets. After this you need to shoot the right orbit to start Spook Central. So that's four shots. It doesn't matter what else you do after this, because worst case you can use the skill shot to start Gozer the Gozerian on BALL 2 and Stay Puft Marshmallow Man on BALL 3. If you really want to do things in the minimum number of shots you can time out Phase 1, which I sadly did without trying last night, to light We Came We Saw. This could theoretically be your fifth completed shot. After your first We Came We Saw, if you haven't already collected it, the left scoop will be lit for Extra Ball. This scoop will also start Spooked Librarian. Again, no matter what else happens you will finish the mode upon the drain. This time select the left scoop as your skill shot as you plunge BALL 4. Shoot it to start Back Off, Man. Now you actually have to play mode, but I don't think it's a long one. If you finish that mode your something like ten mandatory shots into the game. You will have lit your second Extra Ball and second We Came We Saw.

PS: I'm not posting this as a negative. Options are always good and, thankfully, we have options in the settings that will help us make game progression more balanced.

#1225 4 years ago

Loving the changes so far. Its like a completely different game. Had trouble walking away last night. Def has that "one more game" now feel. Changed my vote in the poll to reflect this.

#1226 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

yea I thought I had a switch malfunction or something when trying to start the right ladder with a back hand. I would like to see that changed back so it doesn't have to orbit all the way around.

#1227 4 years ago

I believe someone else in this thread was trying to draw comparison to Lord of the Rings. I currently own both games and here is my take. With the default settings and good strategy, I would put We Are Ready to Believe You at about the same difficulty as starting Destroy the Ring. Actually, reaching Are You A God? would be on par with actually destroying the ring. I haven't beaten Are You A God?, so I can't comment on how that would compare.

Added over 5 years ago:

EDIT: After playing more games this weekend, I now feel like We Are Ready to Believe You is harder to achieve then Destroy the Ring. Most games I'm playing We Came We Saw, but completing all three of them is still fairly difficult for an average player.

#1228 4 years ago

so for the guys thinking this truly transforms the game, just curious what new strategies you now have as I def think there are more ways to open this game up then before. For example, hitting the captive balls more (left and center) - hitting the proton pack area - however I'm still not sure of exactly to do - I just know more is there.

#1229 4 years ago

Any idea on an update for colordmds to follow up with the changes?

#1230 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

How do you light the "x3" multiplier? I didnt see that get lit last night when playing.

The same way you light X2. Any time X2 is already lit or flashing, and you "Advance PFX" the X3 will light since X2 is already lit.

#1231 4 years ago

I am really loving the new river of slime rules and playfield multipliers. You now have reasons to shoot the right scoop and left proton pack targets. It is a blast to build up the river of slime shot value, cash it in and then start 6x multipliers to blow up a mode. I love the new pink inserts for the river of slime shots. The multi balls are a lot more fun and easier to understand. Very pleased with the new code. I did have a bug last night though. I was playing the Are you a God mode by changing in the adjustments. When I caught 100 ghosts the screen went black but then nothing happened. Was frozen for about a min and then the machine went into ball search but the screen was still black. Had to restart the machine.

#1232 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

so for the guys thinking this truly transforms the game, just curious what new strategies you now have as I def think there are more ways to open this game up then before. For example, hitting the captive balls more (left and center) - hitting the proton pack area - however I'm still not sure of exactly to do - I just know more is there.

It certainly makes it a LOT better. I haven't figured out an exact strategy for high score yet, but I feel it's likely worthwhile to hit the gear targets or captive ball after a left ramp. Lighting those multipliers seems lucrative. I'm mediocre, so at this point I'm not aiming for the multipliers. I miss enough ramp shots that I'm collecting them that way. I think I remember someone saying they were getting some crazy scores from the River of Slime, so there might be something there too. At this point my main focus has been reaching the wizard modes.

#1233 4 years ago
Quoted from HookedonPinonics:

I am really loving the new river of slime rules and playfield multipliers. You now have reasons to shoot the right scoop and left proton pack targets. It is a blast to build up the river of slime shot value, cash it in and then start 6x multipliers to blow up a mode. I love the new pink inserts for the river of slime shots. The multi balls are a lot more fun and easier to understand. Very pleased with the new code. I did have a bug last night though. I was playing the Are you a God mode by changing in the adjustments. When I caught 100 ghosts the screen went black but then nothing happened. Was frozen for about a min and then the machine went into ball search but the screen was still black. Had to restart the machine.

can you explain how the new rules work here? Not clear on that.

#1234 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

Major disappointment is that you can still get 10% of your score from the skill shot. Makes having a good first ball massively over powering.
I also had 10% of score from Tobin, which equated to over 300mil from arandom award!

a lot of games had this or something similar. Early SS games would have bonus carry overs. Which if you had an awesome first ball. It would carry over from ball to ball. Same with BSD. You get bats and rats on ball one. you get killer bonus throughout the game.

#1235 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

can you explain how the new rules work here? Not clear on that.

For river of slime? Every time you hit the right orbit it lights river of slime in the right scoop. You have about 5-10 seconds to collect it. You can also keep hitting the right orbit to increase the value of the river of slime. Once you are ready to cash in, hit the right scoop and it will make shots across the playfield pink and the value of those shots will be whatever you cashed in the right scoop at. So you sort of want to get river of slime going with a mode so each mode shot is increased by the river of slime value.

#1236 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The PFX are much more available to strategically stack with modes / multiballs
- You light/advance the PFX (but not start) by shooting the left ramp (collect a gear award), then hit the yellow targets (or left captive ball)
- You Start the PFX by hitting a lit 2X or 3X target (each side of the ramp) - it is active when flashing
- If both are flashing, you have 6X Playfield active

You have better control over which mode to start -> so concentrate on completing any of the 3 ladders
-- the 2 mode ladder is quickest to get to WCWS

The Ghost Collecting is faster and IMO more important now - it's fun to go for Loopin Supers, PKE and Mass Hysteria MB
Awards are:
- 10 - --- light lock SFMB
- 20 - light Tobins (Mystery)
- 30 - --- light lock SFMB
- 40 - light Video Mode
- 50 - --- light lock SFMB + Extra Ball
------------- The following 3 modes are different now...
- 60 - Loopin Supers
- 80 - PKE
- 100 - Mass Hysteria MB

When playing PKE - IMPORTANT - try to keep it going to stack with Mass Hysteria MB. This is the only stack available with PKE.

#1237 4 years ago

For PF multipliers, an important change that may not be obvious is that lit OR blinking multipliers disappear on a lost ball. On previous code, multipliers lit, but not started would carry over.

#1238 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

When playing PKE - IMPORTANT - try to keep it going to stack with Mass Hysteria MB. This is the only stack available with PKE.

Not 100% correct. You can stack PKE with a librarian mode if it is awarded by Tobins just before the mode is started (i.e. a chain of events on a single left scoop shot).

#1239 4 years ago

Such a fantastic update and so much fun seeing parts of the came I could never reach before. However, anyone else surprised that (in multiplayer games) you still don't get a score recap before it goes to the next player. it still looks like the score flashes for a frame and then it calls for next player to plunge.

Xaqery any chance to remedy this in the next (and presumably final) update? ... I know it's such a small thing but when every other Stern pin I have does this, I feel cheated when GB does not. Very anti-climatic. PLEASE HELP!

#1240 4 years ago

I agree...I thought it was addressed. Half the fun of pinball is the score counting up....with EMs it's the wheels turning and bells chiming...it should be the same with modern pinballs....that is the psychology behind the addiction man!

#1241 4 years ago

Wow, amazing update! Game is completely changed!

MAKE MORE TOPPERS!

#1242 4 years ago

All I can say is WOW...... what a fantastic pinball machine. Owned it since new and liked it before but Dwight has redeemed himself and made GB an all time GREAT.

Anyone who still thinks GB is a terrible game just doesn't like pinball.

#1243 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

All I can say is WOW...... what a fantastic pinball machine. Owned it since new and liked it before but Dwight has redeemed himself and made GB an all time GREAT.
Anyone who still thinks GB is a terrible game just doesn't like pinball.

You can’t NOT like it after the update. I agree!

Bolted to the ground next to IMDN

#1244 4 years ago

Any chance The Pinball Arcade will include the updated code?

#1245 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

However, anyone else surprised that (in multiplayer games) you still don't get a score recap before it goes to the next player.

Let the game sit on the next player for like 2 seconds and it shows the scores.

#1246 4 years ago

I have a new pinball machine that has been sitting in my house for the past 3 years.

Just amazing.

I'm not saying "thank you" Stern because it should have been resolved MUCH sooner. So don't let it happen again for 3 F ng years.

It's your duty to your pin buyers that have paid lots of $$$

GB now rises to Elite status for me

#1247 4 years ago

It seems my favorite shaker effect was changed. I really liked the last multi-shake sequence at the start of SF multiball. Now it's just one steady shake: kind of lost some character. I wonder why that was changed.

I've also seen reports on the DMD of "Light Tobins" and then it's not lit. Thought it happened on both the left and right scoop.

#1248 4 years ago

Love the new update - made a great game even better!! One thing I've always wondered, why did they not use this call out for a ball drain: "What the hell are you doin?" (i.e. the maid from the Sedgewick Hotel)? It always seemed like a no-brainer drain call out to me (also could be used if you miss an important shot, etc). I'm not complaining about what's there (love it), this just seems like an obvious thing (maybe they didn't capture this quote from the movie audio)?

#1249 4 years ago

just had a solid session with the kids playing "God Mode" which was a heap of fun and the kids loved it

even better is that the kids interest died there for a while but the new update renewed their interest as they loved the multiball mini game and I can't get them off to play a regular game - which is not a bad thing

thanks Dwight and Team

#1250 4 years ago

Had a good session with the kids and noticed 2 bugs during "God Mode" and reported them to Dwight, so keep an eye on them and confirm if it happens with you guys as well.

Bug 1 - left flip + start does not end the game in “God Mode” when at the 2nd and 3rd player point on 2 occasions just added another player

Bug 2 - if you are playing 2 player “God Mode” and during the 2nd player the start is pushed to allow a 3rd player it adds Player 3 BUT it also adds an extra ball / turn to the 2nd player after their God Mode turn is completed but the extra ball is in a regular game and lights mode and not in a “God Mode” - we let it drain and then 3rd player god mode starts as regular. We had this same sort of thing happen a couple of random times as well when we started the comp with 3 - 4 players from the beginning before player 1 starts and it added the weird extra ball after the god mode of player 2 on 2 occassions. So there seems a random bug between player 2 and 3.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/25?hl=mdeslaur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.