(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.
#1151 4 years ago

First game right off the bat.

So. Much. Fucking. Fun!! Wait till you guys start to really notice all the cool lighting and sound effects added. It’s sensory overload! Stay puft is a really cool mode now!

Blown away guys....blown away!

F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpegF29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
#1152 4 years ago

We came we saw is an excellent multiball!! It goes through the movie with each shot you make.

#1153 4 years ago

If anyone comes across a setting to not let the backbox turn off, please let me know.

#1154 4 years ago

Major disappointment is that you can still get 10% of your score from the skill shot. Makes having a good first ball massively over powering.

I also had 10% of score from Tobin, which equated to over 300mil from arandom award!

#1155 4 years ago

Man... This update really makes the previous version feel unfinished.

#1156 4 years ago

I hope color dmd gets busy on this.

#1157 4 years ago

How big is the file? I downloaded it earlier, put it on a completely blank USB drive, and it keeps failing. So deleted and downloading again, can anyone confirm file size on the premium download?

#1158 4 years ago
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
#1159 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

How big is the file? I downloaded it earlier, put it on a completely blank USB drive, and it keeps failing. So deleted and downloading again, can anyone confirm file size on the premium download?

A little over a gig

#1160 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I hope color dmd gets busy on this.

And provides both a green and pink slime river option.

#1161 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

Download size is ~424MB but needs to unpack on boot. How tiny is that USB drive of yours?

I stand corrected! My download must have failed at 424MB. I'm starting to download it again and it should be 1.1GB as an SPK file.

Can anyone help me with an MD5 checksum value for the LE file?

#1162 4 years ago

You don't want to see this

IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpgIMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
#1163 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Download size is ~424MB but needs to unpack on boot. How tiny is that USB drive of yours?

Its actually really big (that's what she said at least) 30 Gigs!

#1164 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

You don't want to see this [quoted image]

I've seen that about 6 times. Deleted the file and downloading again...hoping 2nd time works better.

#1165 4 years ago
Quoted from BowlingJim:

What game are you guys gonna bitch about now that the GB code is out. I am guessing Munsters.

SWORD OF RAGE ADULT MODE

#1166 4 years ago

Anyone have a mirror for this?

#1167 4 years ago
Quoted from cscmtp:

I've seen that about 6 times. Deleted the file and downloading again...hoping 2nd time works better.

Make sure thumb drive is properly formatted and has nothing else on it. File can not be within a folder. My drive was formatted to Fat32

#1168 4 years ago

Yes Fat32 has to be on root. Just over 1.1 gig

#1169 4 years ago

Thanks for the detail.

My file isn't complete. Trying to download again but it is painfully slow. I'll keep trying!

#1170 4 years ago

I won't be able to install the code till this weekend. Did they nerf the video mode skillshot? I didn't see anything in the release notes.

#1171 4 years ago

Hooray for new code! May as well replace the button cell CR2032 battery while I have the translite off? I've never replaced it since I bought my Premium in November 2016. Any downside to doing this now? If it's only for the clock, then no big woop. I'm sure all of my awesome high scores are going to be erased with the code update anyway?

#1172 4 years ago

Love the new code. The game is much more polished now and way more fun to play.

#1174 4 years ago

It’s awesome.

#1175 4 years ago

Damn, Dwight and team knocked it out of the park. The game used to be soo frustrating cause it was so rare that I would ever make any progress advancing.. It's like having a new game.

Love the added topper activity

Love the adjustable flipper strength

#1176 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Man... This update really makes the previous version feel unfinished.

It makes the previous version feel like it had no identity. I never knew how truly lost this game was until tonight

#1177 4 years ago

Oh, there’s a feature to reset the game in the menu. You’ve gotta hold start and the left flipper for a couple seconds, then release. Brings it right back to attract mode

#1178 4 years ago

Anyone else noticing the right ladder resetting mid-game. I've noticed it twice where ball one will end with progress on the ladder, but then reset to no progress. When plunging the next ball there are no lights on that ladder (nothing flashing, nothing lit). The second time, I choose it for the skill shot anyway, just to see what would happen. It started Who Brought The Dog, but then automatically completed it and lit the next mode in all the ladders.

#1179 4 years ago
Quoted from arenowebdev:

*Edit* I also love that you can't backhand the right orbit and it fall into the pop bumpers and get awarded that shot to start a mode. Now it has to make it around to the up post to count! Great addition that I didn't notice / see on stream!

Is that what changed? I was worried I had a switch problem!

I liked it better the original way.

#1180 4 years ago

Just had a hell of a game. This code fucking rocks

20190926_224857 (resized).jpg20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
#1181 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I won't be able to install the code till this weekend. Did they nerf the video mode skillshot? I didn't see anything in the release notes.

You can no longer get video mode in the skill shot. You need to collect 40 ghosts to light video mode which is now worth 80 million if you complete it.

#1182 4 years ago

I got to play three games of a local Ghostbusters LE with the new code had eight billion on the third game.

20190926_212443 (resized).jpg20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
#1183 4 years ago

#There's the code!

#1184 4 years ago

Love the use of color inserts now, way more vibrant. The game is sensory overload now, wow! Lots to clean up and add with ColorDMD. Great job, Stern! The new code really takes the frustration out of the game and lets you just play for fun.

#1185 4 years ago

Anyone can explain if the 2x ballsave also works with ADD-A-BALL? It felt like SFMB would never end, and i drained A LOT.
With additional 20x Bonus and absurdly easy PF multiplyers i got over 2,7 billion on my first SFMB
From what i can see so far im very happy with the code!
I finally can reduce the AUTOPLUNGER power to a minimum (Stay Pufft collision), thank you!

Do you think Jack Danger will test the code on twitch for us again?

#1186 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I finally can reduce the AUTOPLUNGER power to a minimum (Stay Pufft collision)

Awesome!

#1187 4 years ago

I am a terrible player and have over 2 billion on game 1 playing against my 7 year old.

5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
#1188 4 years ago

The last time I played my GBLE was September 2017. I installed my replacement playfield in October 2017. The machine has only had a total of 106 games played. The new playfield has never had a ball played on it.

I've been on the fence about selling/trading the machine for something else.

With all of the recent playfield issues that manufactures are experiencing, and this new code update. I think I might just go ahead and keep the game.

#1189 4 years ago
Quoted from ABE_FLIPS:

I finally can reduce the AUTOPLUNGER power to a minimum (Stay Pufft collision), thank you!

but you can't set the cabinet bass speaker volume....

#1191 4 years ago
Quoted from indypinhead:

The last time I played my GBLE was September 2017. I installed my replacement playfield in October 2017. The machine has only had a total of 106 games played. The new playfield has never had a ball played on it.
I've been on the fence about selling/trading the machine for something else.
With all of the recent playfield issues that manufactures are experiencing, and this new code update. I think I might just go ahead and keep the game.

I bought my LE from someone who had a new (populated) PF on hold. I had it swapped out and didn't play a single ball on it until I installed a PF protector and some cliffies (yes, some cliffies are redundant . Very happy that I did it. I need some of the plastics to prevent airballs but the PF would be full of dimples if not for the overlay. This pin is a grail theme for me so it was an easy decision to protect it.

#1192 4 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

I am a terrible player and have over 2 billion on game 1 playing against my 7 year old.[quoted image]

I'm seeing some crazy huge scores. Do people think the game is too easy with the new default settings? I enjoy progressing through the game but also want it to be a challenge.

Personally I would like it setup where reaching "We Came We Saw" happens only on good game, "We're Ready to Believe You" on an incredible game and "Are You a God" on that game of a lifetime. Theres always something to shoot for then. After a few default setting games I'll likely be turning ghost target mode shot spotting off, disabling modes being marked completed if they are not finished, and turn down the extra balls. Will leave the two ball saves in place.

Installing the update now!

20190927_082932 (resized).jpg20190927_082932 (resized).jpg

#1193 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Do people think the game is too easy with the new default settings?

Absolutley. Also it still doesn't address the huge imbalances in the scoring. Look at loopin supers and PKE for instance. Also i went from 11 million on ball 2 to over 3 billion on ball 3. Its nice to finally be able to get to stay puft and the higher modes and the are you a god final mode is epic.

#1194 4 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Absolutley. Also it still doesn't address the huge imbalances in the scoring. Look at loopin supers and PKE for instance. Also i went from 11 million on ball 2 to over 3 billion on ball 3. Its nice to finally be able to get to stay puft and the higher modes and the are you a god final mode is epic.

Thanks, I'll be tweaking my settings. It's great to progress through the game more quickly but I still enjoy slowing discovering new modes through challenging play.

I think my settings above will make progression resemble LOTR where getting to "We Came We Saw" can happen on a good game (Destroy the Ring), "We're Ready to Believe You" on an incredible game (There and Back Again) and "Are You a God" on a game of a lifetime (Valinor). Getting to later ladder modes will also be more difficult. This is just my own personal preference for mode progression.

Can't wait to play some games on the new code, it's been great reading all of the positive feedback about it.

#1195 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Thanks, I'll be tweaking my settings. It's great to progress through the game more quickly but I still enjoy slowing discovering new modes through challenging play.
I think my settings above will make progression resemble LOTR where getting to "We Came We Saw" can happen on a good game (Destroy the Ring), "We're Ready to Believe You" on an incredible game (There and Back Again) and "Are You a God" on a game of a lifetime (Valinor). Getting to later ladder modes will also be more difficult. This is just my own personal preference for mode progression.
Can't wait to play some games on the new code, it's been great reading all of the positive feedback about it.

If someone can document their tweaks to the game to make it challenging yet still achievable and be willing to share settings I would love to see it after we put some time on this code. Agree re lotr. That’s one reason it’s still in my collection! Thanks.

#1196 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

If someone can document their tweaks to the game to make it challenging yet still achievable and be willing to share settings I would love to see it after we put some time on this code. Agree re lotr. That’s one reason it’s still in my collection! Thanks.

Feature adj #30, change from "last scene continues" to "scene continues." So no modes auto-complete. Default is only last ladder modes don't auto-complete. That's the best starting point.

#1197 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm seeing some crazy huge scores. Do people think the game is too easy with the new default settings? I enjoy progressing through the game but also want it to be a challenge.
Personally I would like it setup where reaching "We Came We Saw" happens only on good game, "We're Ready to Believe You" on an incredible game and "Are You a God" on that game of a lifetime. Theres always something to shoot for then. After a few default setting games I'll likely be turning ghost target mode shot spotting off, disabling modes being marked completed if they are not finished, and turn down the extra balls. Will leave the two ball saves in place.
Installing the update now!
[quoted image]

In my opinion, its definitely way too easy. I am a bit worried that since you can run through the game so quickly, it wont hold its interest for the long run.

Last night I only got to play about 4 or 5 games. I cleared two full ladders and half of another one. Something ive never ever been able to do.

The update is great with the colors and effects and new callouts but yes, I think its far too easy and you can see this by the inflated scores being posted.

#1198 4 years ago

Just played my first few games with the new code and wow, amazing stuff. Tons of polish, new callouts, tweaks to lighting, and the additional topper effects are awesome. Thanks again Dwight and team! Time to play more

#1199 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

In my opinion, its definitely way too easy. I am a bit worried that since you can run through the game so quickly, it wont hold its interest for the long run.
Last night I only got to play about 4 or 5 games. I cleared two full ladders and half of another one. Something ive never ever been able to do.
The update is great with the colors and effects and new callouts but yes, I think its far too easy and you can see this by the inflated scores being posted.

Yeah, bit worried about that. I'm playing the new code leaving ghost target mode shot spotting off, and not letting scenes be marked completed if they are not completed by the player. Every other setting is the new default. I think those two adjustments make the game a lot more challenging, and for the good to great player will make mode progression more rewarding.

I plan to always have GB in my collection so the two adjustments above are a must in my opinion. What's cool is you can play a God mode based game with friends with a quick setting. Then again I don't want to see any spoilers for that mode lol.

#1200 4 years ago

Its easy to make the game harder (settings, move the outlane posts, etc) but its impossible to make the game easier. Now its easier, its your turn to tighten up the settings to your liking.

Quoted from Rager170:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

Machine - For Sale
Fresno, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/24?hl=pin_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.