(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.
#1102 4 years ago

Exciting! Thanks Stern Re-release the topper now, pleeeease!

#1103 4 years ago

pfff... now i just have to buy a GB again... :/...

#1104 4 years ago

Still reading through the change log but just wow, Dwight and team came through big time! Amazing stuff. Can't wait to download and install this evening.

The wait is over folks!

#1105 4 years ago

What game are you guys gonna bitch about now that the GB code is out. I am guessing Munsters.

#1106 4 years ago

What does this mean exactly?:

"- Added an adjustment called ENABLING MODE CHAINING. It allows modes to no
longer start the next mode in order for that ladder. The adjustment defaults
to NO. Modes will not chain by default.
- When modes are not chained you have more time to do other game
features and it allows you to change ladders for your next mode."

Does that mean that you can jump around within the ladder? Dont think i like that if so.

#1107 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Does that mean that you can jump around within the ladder? Dont think i like that if so.

In the old code, it would link into the next mode if the final shot that was made had a mode linked to it. You can go back to the old way if you want. The new idea is that it doesn't start the mode when you finish your current mode with that shot.

Let me know if I made any sense lol

#1108 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It means completing a mode wont result in the next in the ladder automatically starting.

#1109 4 years ago

For those who care way too much about such details, this is not exactly correct;

- PKE Frenzy will now only stack with Mass Hysteria. Ghost collection
will stop until you start PKE Frenzy. While paused the PKE Light will
pulse to indicate its waiting to run.

There is a case where PKE Frenzy can stack with a librarian mode. If the left scoop awards Tobin is when a mode is ready to start, Tobin can award PKE to start.
That is followed by the librarian mode started as well. I confirmed with Dwight this was correct behavior.

#1110 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

In the old code, it would link into the next mode if the final shot that was made had a mode linked to it. You can go back to the old way if you want. The new idea is that it doesn't start the mode when you finish your current mode with that shot.
Let me know if I made any sense lol

Oh, i think that make sense. Im fine that it doesnt automatically start the next link in the chain, but I wouldnt want it to, for example, start with WBTD and jump to Stay Puft next.

#1112 4 years ago

...and it beat the release of the Star Wars topper!

#1113 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Previously, if the last shot of the mode you were working had a ladder associated with it it would automatically start the next mode in the ladder of the shot you last made.

For example, if the shot you had left to finish "Who Brought the Dog" was the big ramp, as you made that shot, it would automatically start "We got one" instead of letting you shoot and start "Spook Central" (next mode in the WBTD ladder).

With "Enable mode chaining" set to NO, the next mode will not automatically start. The next shot you make will choose the next mode you start.

#1114 4 years ago

i will be installing on my LE with topper tonight and playing the new code via https://www.twitch.tv/chicagolandpinball

tune in

#1115 4 years ago

Wow!!! HUGE

#1116 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Previously, if the last shot of the mode you were working had a ladder associated with it it would automatically start the next mode in the ladder of the shot you last made.
For example, if the shot you had left to finish "Who Brought the Dog" was the big ramp, as you made that shot, it would automatically start "We got one" instead of letting you shoot and start "Spook Central" (next mode in the WBTD ladder).
With "Enable mode chaining" set to NO, the next mode will not automatically start. The next shot you make will choose the next mode you start.

gotcha, thanks. Ok I like that.

#1117 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

i will be installing on my LE with topper tonight and playing the new code via https://www.twitch.tv/chicagolandpinball
tune in

hahah, i think everyone is going to be playing the new code tonight!

#1118 4 years ago
Quoted from Chicagoland:

tune in

Sorry man. I'll be playing the new code at home

#1119 4 years ago

What does feature adjust #65 game mode do? Says God mode or default (game mode)

#1120 4 years ago

Just played 4 or 5 games. I am technically working from home today, so I couldn't focus on the game that deeply, but I am really liking what I am seeing so far. Lots of nice little touches and changes to callouts, some new lighting effects, and I noticed even the backbox light flashing now during certain jackpots and other events. the Playfield multipliers are way easy to get going now, almost too easy, it seemed like I almost always had a multiplier going through most of my games, which would be a rare occurrence on the old code. Looking forward to doing a deep dive on this later tonight after work/dinner/gym so I can work up to We Are ready to believe you!

Did anyone have a chance to look through the game options to see if we can start the game at We Are Ready To Believe you? That would be an amazing stand alone game to play for dollars with your buddies.

#1121 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Just played 4 or 5 games. I am technically working from home today, so I couldn't focus on the game that deeply, but I am really liking what I am seeing so far. Lots of nice little touches and changes to callouts, some new lighting effects, and I noticed even the backbox light flashing now during certain jackpots and other events. the Playfield multipliers are way easy to get going now, almost too easy, it seemed like I almost always had a multiplier going through most of my games, which would be a rare occurrence on the old code. Looking forward to doing a deep dive on this later tonight after work/dinner/gym so I can work up to We Are ready to believe you!
Did anyone have a chance to look through the game options to see if we can start the game at We Are Ready To Believe you? That would be an amazing stand alone game to play for dollars with your buddies.

Sure can!

If set to GOD MODE, when you start a game you will start at the begining
of "We Are Ready To Believe You" wizard mode. You can add players or you
can plunge the ball. Plunging the ball will start the multiball.
- If you complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" you will start "ARE YOU A
GOD?". When "ARE YOU A GOD?" ends your game will end.
- If you do not complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" the game will end.
- Added a GOD MODE champion. If the game is set to NORMAL this will not be
seen in the attract mode.
- If GOD MODE is enabled you cannot MATCH, win a replay, or qualify for
other high scores champions.

#1122 4 years ago

what a time this is for the GB owners

#1123 4 years ago

Looking for a gble....

#1124 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Sure can!
If set to GOD MODE, when you start a game you will start at the begining
of "We Are Ready To Believe You" wizard mode. You can add players or you
can plunge the ball. Plunging the ball will start the multiball.
- If you complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" you will start "ARE YOU A
GOD?". When "ARE YOU A GOD?" ends your game will end.
- If you do not complete "We Are Ready To Believe You" the game will end.
- Added a GOD MODE champion. If the game is set to NORMAL this will not be
seen in the attract mode.
- If GOD MODE is enabled you cannot MATCH, win a replay, or qualify for
other high scores champions.

Excellent! After seeing JimB's post about adjustment 65, I ran down to the game room and tried it. This is so awesome!

#1125 4 years ago

im a bit surprised by this:

ESP Video mode scores were increased but no longer double each iteration.
- Dont Cross the Streams video mode scores were increased. The maximum is now
80M.

increasing Dont Cross the Streams? I hope they are both more balanced between the two..

#1126 4 years ago

I‘m really happy. GB was great to begin with, now it‘s just plain awesomeness. The updated code has really improved the gameplay. One can see that Dwight and the team put a lot of effort and testing into the code. Thank you!!!

#1127 4 years ago

GB Vault release in 1...2...3...

#1128 4 years ago

I absolutely love the GOD MODE adjustment setting! When they showed it on stream, it looked like a great 4-player mini-game for parties or a side tournament for competition. Really glad that was included!

#1129 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

GB Vault release in 1...2...3...

Well, the GB 35th Anniversary is right around the corner...

#1130 4 years ago

And remember to show Dwight some extra love. Change your vote on the poll please!

#1131 4 years ago
Quoted from jbovenzi:

And remember to show Dwight some extra love. Change your vote on the poll please!

Seriously, do it!

#1132 4 years ago

Today will be a day long remembered!

20190926_164802 (resized).jpg20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
#1133 4 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

I absolutely love the GOD MODE adjustment setting! When they showed it on stream, it looked like a great 4-player mini-game for parties or a side tournament for competition. Really glad that was included!

Awesome they included access to it with it's own high score table (if I'm reading the notes correctly). Would have been awesome if it was accessible from the game without changing settings (long press the start button, flipper plus start button, etc) but I'll take it this way as opposed to not having access to it!

#1134 4 years ago

Wooo

08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
#1135 4 years ago

Wow, ABC News just did a special report.

breaking-news (resized).pngbreaking-news (resized).png

This is the video they ran of the code release party in some California forrest. Looks like a good time, many happy owners.

#1136 4 years ago

The TOPPER goes nuts, finally does more than flash during attract mode or ecto 1 on screen only.

Dwight, please make the left spinner activate the topper it only makes sense, other than that I need to play more game is really fun again.

#1137 4 years ago

I feel like Dwight added access to the are you a god mini mode@ the last minute in response to Swinks comments during the stream. That was probably the easiest and fastest way to implement it and still get the code out for us this week. Maybe in the future he will put it in the "front end" access.

#1138 4 years ago

I took my Gb off of free play and told my kids to pony up if they want to bust some ghosts.

#1139 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Wow, ABC News just did a special report.
[quoted image]
This is the video they ran of the code release party in some California forrest. Looks like a good time, many happy owners.

I hate to go off on a tangent on this great day, but I haven't watched the "original" SW films in a while. Did they really edit the ending scene of SWRoJ by adding that Whiny Bitch of a new Darth Vader. God Damnit is nothing sacred?!?

Sorry, back to the celebration...

#1140 4 years ago

Had fun playing this for the last 3hrs on a Prem.

A few observations, it is MUCH easier to progress to WCWSWKIA.

The ball save from the scoops, also holds over in MBs making for a lot of 'free'ball saves extending MBs (had over 1Bil from Storage Mb.

God Mode is such fun.
It would be a great idea if there was a button code (press right flipper and start together?) so that you could play God Mode on site without having to go into menus. I'm certain it will greatly extend interest and gameplay, similar to super game on JD.

Overall a great improvement for the majority of people.

#1141 4 years ago
Quoted from toddsolus:

I feel like Dwight added access to the are you a god mini mode@ the last minute in response to Swinks comments during the stream. That was probably the easiest and fastest way to implement it and still get the code out for us this week. Maybe in the future he will put it in the "front end" access.

lol.. I did persist a little on that and I believe he could see the potential just with him playing with the guys as he wanted to put the "God Mode" in as well and so stoked that it is in already which is a bonus, but like you toddsolus I would like it at the front end as well so you don't have to go into the cabinet / menu to get it up but looking forward to the weekend to get this in and playing. This option may come later but at least it is there and so stoked for that added bonus since the stream - thanks Dwight and team.

#1142 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

I hate to go off on a tangent on this great day, but I haven't watched the "original" SW films in a while. Did they really edit the ending scene of SWRoJ by adding that Whiny Bitch of a new Darth Vader. God Damnit is nothing sacred?!?
Sorry, back to the celebration...

Because I know...

The actor that played Darth in Episode 6 was the original "Ghost Jedi". Lucas DID go back and edit Hayden into that scene as he felt the younger, more "loved' pre-Darth Vader, Jedi was what he should be known for the rest of ghost time.

More to it, but yep George wanted it that way.

#1143 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

It would be a great idea if there was a button code (press right flipper and start together?) so that you could play God Mode on site without having to go into menus.

I asked him for that and it would be good but at least we got it in there which will be good for head to head competition and freeplay at home for the moment but yes never thought of the ease to suit an arcade environment.

#1144 4 years ago

I am absolutely loving the new code update, but I have to say that I'm bummed that the skill shot cheese is still available. Granted, you now have to make it all the way around the orbit for it to work, but it still works.

E.g. I can short plunge then full plunge and get awarded the right orbit skill shot.

HOWEVER, this does take away the opportunity you have to score two skill shots (and that equates to 20% of your score bonus)...but still...shouldn't be able to start the first ladder mode on the right orbit that_ easily...

Again thank you for the update and I can't wait to keep playing more!!!!

*Edit* I also love that you can't backhand the right orbit and it fall into the pop bumpers and get awarded that shot to start a mode. Now it has to make it around to the up post to count! Great addition that I didn't notice / see on stream!

#1145 4 years ago

Yes, I think with God Mode active in adjustments, it should just activate the option at the start of the game: such as left flip for regular game and right flip to actually play God Mode.

#1146 4 years ago

The Pro update will ne soon I presume. My friend has one and is waiting patiently.

#1147 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

The Pro update will ne soon I presume. My friend has one and is waiting patiently.

Pro update is already available: https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/gamecode/ghostbusters_PRO-1_16_0.spk (link is on https://sternpinball.com/support/game-code/ since that looks like I'm trying to spam you lol)

#1148 4 years ago

Dwight and team went above and beyond. Excellent work. Thank you

#1149 4 years ago

Thanks Dwight and team! Super awesome update, and I'm so glad you could include the God mode as an option, will be great for parties!

#1150 4 years ago
Quoted from arenowebdev:

I have to say that I'm bummed that the skill shot cheese is still available.

I also notice that right away. Combined with the automatic completion of the modes and you literally need to shoot four shots to guarantee starting Stay Puff with the plunge on ball three. I've already seen more of the game in my first three games on the new code then in 100s of prior games on the old code. I'm especially enjoy the new River of Slime. It's fun having those inserts lighting up pink as the slime spreads around the city. The captive ball is also much more intuitive. I played a few games on God Mode. Really fun! I did have my one game resume in standard mode after the God Mode. My score from God Mode carried over to the regular game, but then after the regular game I entered my initials for the God Mode. Seems to be a small bug, but I haven't been able to recreate it. I'm not sure exactly what happened.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
15,699 (OBO)
$ 49.95
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 26.50
Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.