(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 32.
#1001 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Damn... all these posts I thought it was because the new code dropped.

Me too lol.

#1002 4 years ago

I can’t stop hitting the Game Code page refresh button

#1003 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I can’t stop hitting the Game Code page refresh button

Ditto

#1004 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Some people need something to bitch about.

People have been bitching non stop about this game and it’s code for 33 months. I suggest a code revision and I’m bitching? OK. And I’ve seen a lot of bitching about this mode over time. Why? Because a lot of people got sick of playing it every. single. game. before Dwight changed the mode start structure.

Dwight recoded a lot of stuff this time around, so why not Who Brought the Dog? I’d wager it’s BY FAR the mode players have played the most of, and there’s nothing special about it either. What, 3 static shots? Make them roving shots at least! Isn’t it a dog CHASE after all?

If he HAD recoded the mode, I’m sure people would have said “cool”. Or at least I’m sure few people would complain. So what’s the big deal?

#1005 4 years ago

On the TWIP podcast Dwight said he hopes next week for the code.

#1006 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

On the TWIP podcast Dwight said he hopes next week for the code.

Right..... But that was....... Last....week

#1007 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Just talked to Dwight. He’s gonna delay the code for a couple of weeks so he can get the color sequence right for these asswipes who keep arguing about it

#1008 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Looks like it could be from the TWIP podcast posted today? Zach references the Dead Flip live stream from last week while talking with Dwight. Good listen, more GB code discussion from Dwight.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-63-with-dwight-sullivan/

#1009 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Just talked to Dwight. He’s gonna delay the code for a couple of weeks so he can get the color sequence right for these asswipes who keep arguing about it

Please...... Tell ... Me.... You...Are....Kidding....?

#1010 4 years ago

Two things I'll be turning off with the update. 1. disabling allowing modes to be completed just by attempting them. 2. disabling the ghost shot from spotting mode shots. For a decent to good player I think leaving both of those options on will make the game too easy.

#1011 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Looks like it could be from the TWIP podcast posted today? Zach references the Dead Flip live stream from last week while talking with Dwight. Good listen, more GB code discussion from Dwight.
https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/this-week-in-pinball-podcast-episode-63-with-dwight-sullivan/

If that's the case then Dwight better go work for JJP where it's normal to have a big reveal and then delay release.

#1012 4 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Yes yes I kid. But I’m not kidding that those guys complaining about a color sequence are asswipes

#1013 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

But I’m not kidding that those guys complaining about a color sequence are asswipes

Funny

#1014 4 years ago

Damn. I log off for the day, see 30+ posts and swear code had to drop. But no, more talk about storage facility multiball

#1015 4 years ago

Is it me ? but Dan akroid isn't funny

#1016 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Is it me ? but Dan akroid isn't funny

The man had his moments...

B421853C-257F-43BB-AC5A-94AEF2CD7D6E (resized).jpegB421853C-257F-43BB-AC5A-94AEF2CD7D6E (resized).jpeg
#1017 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Two things I'll be turning off with the update. 1. disabling allowing modes to be completed just by attempting them. 2. disabling the ghost shot from spotting mode shots. For a decent to good player I think leaving both of those options on will make the game too easy.

I always turn off the scream myself...

#1018 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The podcast came out today so.... Just sharing what I heard man.

#1019 4 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Yes. He's kidding. He actually thinks there was real merit in the discussion and appreciates the free exchange of opinion on the subject.

#1020 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Could you clarify the 2nd one?

#1021 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Damn. I log off for the day, see 30+ posts and swear code had to drop. But no, more talk about storage facility multiball

It's Pinside. There were 3 posts discussing an opinion on a subject. 3 posts arguing that the person shouldn't have that opinion. And 20 posts about how there are too many posts on the subject.

#1022 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Could you clarify the 2nd one?

During ladder modes theres a way to light the ghost shot that when hit will spot a shot in a mode. I think this will make the game way easier then it is today, hopefully theres an adjustment to disable it.

#1023 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

1 -
We recorded the podcast on Sunday, when I said next week I meant this week; the week we are currently in. We are still aiming at releasing the code this week. I do not think it will happen tomorrow(Tuesday). Please stop banging your head against a wall.

2 -
Please try the game as designed at least for 20 or 30 games. I made the game much easier but there is also much more game added to the back end. If after 20 or 30 games you are beating ARE YOU A GOD? too often, or at all. Then think about making the game harder. Also, GB can be a beast. Now that its easier you will still have bad games. It will be more volatile. This is by design.

Lastly, if you want to make the game harder start with turning the number of ball saves down to 1. Also consider turning off the extra extra ball. Maybe.

3 -
I look forward to any and all thoughts as everyone starts playing the new code.

#1024 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 -
We recorded the podcast on Sunday, when I said next week I meant this week; the week we are currently in. We are still aiming at releasing the code this week. I do not think it will happen tomorrow(Tuesday). Please stop banging your head against a wall.
2 -
Please try the game as designed at least for 20 or 30 games. I made the game much easier but there is also much more game added to the back end. If after 20 or 30 games you are beating ARE YOU A GOD? too often, or at all. Then think about making the game harder. Also, GB can be a beast. Now that its easier you will still have bad games. It will be more volatile. This is by design.
Lastly, if you want to make the game harder start with turning the number of ball saves down to 1. Also consider turning off the extra extra ball. Maybe.
3 -

Thanks for your comment and update!

#1025 4 years ago

Imagine that...play the new code then decide. Brilliant!

#1026 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 -
2 -
3 -

After seeing the stream, it was totally worth the wait. Looks like you and the team took LOTS into consideration when applying changes. I’m dying to load this up, and I’m so glad I held out. Gb is a title that’s never leaving my collection provided finances allow.

Thanks again, and for putting up with all the ball busting. We had a lot of harsh words for you. Now, we can all relax and enjoy this masterpiece (to us GB fans)!

If I see you at expo, I’m buying you a drink!

Len

#1027 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 -
2 -
3 -

What’s really awesome is you are implying there may even be an additional code update. It’s exciting that the game has your interest again! Love my Pro. Thumb drive is ready!!

#1028 4 years ago

Xaqery
Awesome work with the code! Looks amazing.....
Cannot wait for the DL to appear on Sterns site.

P.s Can you whisper into Dwights ear for more love with Munsters please.

#1029 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

1 -
2 -
3 -

Good tips! I'm definitely going to try a good number of games with the new default settings and will then adjust from there if needed.

Thank you to you and the team for all the work put into the update, looks amazing!

#1030 4 years ago
Quoted from Squizz:

Xaqery
Awesome work with the code! Looks amazing.....
Cannot wait for the DL to appear on Sterns site.
P.s Can you whisper into Dwights ear for more love with Munsters please.

That is Dwight. Thanks Dwight. I have a few rabid GB fans that play my game on location and they are all very excited about this update. Kudos to you and the group who worked on it.

#1031 4 years ago

Dwight @Xaqery- any thoughts about the team utilizing slimer more - for example, making a two ball MB out of him or something along those lines?

#1032 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Please stop banging your head against a wall

Banging my head against the wall? No.

Checking the website for the new code every few hours? Yup.

#1033 4 years ago
Quoted from Xaqery:

Please stop banging your head against a wall

Banging my head against the wall? No.

Checking the website for the new code every few hours? Yup.

#1034 4 years ago

Xaqery
I was really digging your discussion on the TWIP podcast regarding the times events and specific modes. Such a cool idea. An expansion of what you guys did on the stream with the wizard mode the other night. I think it's super cool and would love to see more of that in games. It would do well for sure in the home environment, but could also be a lot of fun on location. This is expanding pinball in a very positive way. Rock on man, you are right, Zach is wrong!

#1035 4 years ago

Yes a 2 ball multi with slimer is needed, hitting slimer as it moves back and forth for jackpot. Kinda like trying to hit Dracula in monster bash.

#1036 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Yes a 2 ball multi with slimer is needed, hitting slimer as it moves back and forth for jackpot. Kinda like trying to hit Dracula in monster bash.

I like the jackpot idea!

#1037 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

That's one thing I wish the game had at this point, Slimer MB that is a relatively easy to achieve MB with progression based rules. Starts by hitting Slimer 25x or something. Make it a standalone mode about progressing through all slimer related scenes from the first film (he's not in the second one much). That would be a lot of fun.

Take the concept above further and grant a 2x playfield multiplier for starting Slimer MB after it's been played and only for the remaining ball. Beat Slimer MB and get a 3x playfield multipler for the rest of the ball. That would add a lot of strategy to the game by allowing a player to go for Slimer MB before starting another ladder or MB mode.

Just a wish

#1038 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's one thing I wish the game had at this point, Slimer MB that is a relatively easy to achieve MB with progression based rules. Starts by hitting Slimer 25x or something. Make it a standalone mode about progressing through all slimer related scenes from the first film (he's not in the second one much). That would be a lot of fun.

Does he still come out on occasion to slime the playfield? Even if he heads back immediately... It's fun to see him in action and I rather liked the parallel clean-up-the-slime gameplay.

#1039 4 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Or up and down for slimer on the pro model

#1040 4 years ago

lol you guys. The new code isn't even out yet and you are yacking on about the new features before you've even played the new code!

#1041 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

Or up and down for slimer on the pro model

nah make it a LE/Premium only mode LOL

Neil
(that was a joke ;DD))

#1042 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

lol you guys. The new code isn't even out yet and you are yacking on about the new features before you've even played the new code!

I would really like to see an "Are You Sure You Are a God" super duper wizard mode lol.

#1043 4 years ago

we know it's coming and just a matter of waiting just a little while longer which compared to 32 months is nothing.

in the stream dwight stated he showed more than what he wanted so there will be other little polished items and maybe with the chatter of the wizard mode being made as a mini game maybe be worked on so worth the wait of a few weeks - would love this as a right button and start mini game only

as for the slimer multiball, it would be a nice one for the novices to aim for and maybe only one slimer MB per ball. Spell GHOST with five hits, slimer drops down and hit him once to start a 2-3 multiball and the goal is slimer is going up and down or side to side depending on model and have to hit him as many times as possible during the multiball for 500k per hit. Then it is a easy one for the kids and novices to go after and they feel they have achieved something and keeps them coming back.

come-on dwight and team you can do it

#1044 4 years ago

1) Yeah what would be cool and a great feature is to program the right flipper plus start buttons to bring up a menu of mb’s that can be played. We came, We saw and Are you a god, might be easy wizard modes to use, as they start depending on number of ghosts collected. This feature would be like LITZ feature on TZ, but better. You’d have multiple wizard modes to play, and that’s a lotta Litzing.

2) As others have said - spell ghost, start a 2 ball Slimer where hits are jackpots.

3) The thing I care most about is that the light sequence for storage facility mode is authentic to the film. Is that too much to ask? Anyways, I’ll be looking for that on release day.

#1045 4 years ago

Amen! Please Dwight, make the Slimer toy mean something in the game. The mechanism should be put to use instead of hitting once to get out of the way.

#1046 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Amen! Please Dwight, make the Slimer toy mean something in the game.

#1047 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would really like to see an "Are You Sure You Are a God" super duper wizard mode lol.

I heard they are working on a new mode called, "Are you still a God?" and are starting to think about a successor called, "What about now?"

#1048 4 years ago

If I was Dwight I’d add a funny but well said Easter egg... during the attract mode trivia he could have one that says “did you know we rewrote the entire code and half of pinside still complained about our work before it was ever even released!”

This type of behavior by the way is why we can’t have nice things around here.

#1049 4 years ago

Ok wheres the code??? lol

#1050 4 years ago
Quoted from brainmegaphone:

If I was Dwight I’d add a funny but well said Easter egg... during the attract mode trivia he could have one that says “did you know we rewrote the entire code and half of pinside still complained about our work before it was ever even released!”
This type of behavior by the way is why we can’t have nice things around here.

I've said several times that I'm happy for the code update and that it's an improvement, but I think it's fair to express some disappointment when things you expected to be included were not. It has been almost three years and they promised a huge update, so you can't blame people for having certain expectations.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/21?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.