(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.
#951 4 years ago

So where is the code its not on the stern website

#952 4 years ago

Code doesn't drop until next week. No exact ETA.

#953 4 years ago

Take a look at the market- never seen so many wanted. Excited to plug this in to mine! Just wish stern would make a few more toppers though

#954 4 years ago

I would not be surprised if there is a few other cools new things that were left out in the twitch feed.

#955 4 years ago
Quoted from hoby1:

I would not be surprised if there is a few other cools new things that were left out in the twitch feed.

The major bits were demo'd. Here are a few small things I don't think were mentioned in the stream;
- On the prem, rolling down through the ecto goggles will validate the PF now. In the current code, you could soft plunge and let the ball drain straight down through the goggles and re-plunge as much as you want. No more Mr Wisenhimer!
- A few more callouts added in a various places in the game, small light show additions, new sound effects and some music here and there.
- The librarian ladder modes now have yellow insert instead of purple.
- Add a ball is harder now, as you need to hit the left captive, then the left scoop. Currently I think it is auto lit at the left scoop at the start of MB.
- I can't remember if this was how the current code works, but the number of balls in WCWS MB is equal to the number of modes in the ladder that started it.
- I mentioned in another post that starting a mode on the right ladder now requires a full loop around the orbit and into the left post. This makes it a little more difficult to start.
- Somebody else mentioned the left captive shaker effect not working on the Prem vs. the Pro. This is fixed.

#956 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Anything extra is awesome as I like the game as is but am I missing something like when update is available?
I've been checking daily.

Next Week

#957 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Who Brought the Dog is the most common mode started as it's the easiest of the 3 mode ladder shots. When you qualify a mode hitting any of the 3 mode ladder shots will start a mode in that ladder. If a player only attempts the right orbit shot Who Brought the Dog will start every time. In the new update there are more callouts added to that mode so the same callout won't play every time.

In truth, he should have totally recoded Who Brought the Dog. Everyone’s sick of it.

#958 4 years ago

Are people sick of playing it or just hearing him say it?
It's a simple little mode that takes less then 2 min and you move on.
If you dont want to hear it, hit both flippers and it starts without it.
Not sure what the deal is about this mode?

#959 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Some people need something to bitch about.

#960 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Some people need something to bitch about.

This is pinside. Of course everyone needs something to bitch about!

I already know the code is going to get torn apart and dissected by the masses. Nothing will ever please everybody.

#961 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I think its the fact that the modes started so easily and many times automatically when you may have been working the other ladders. It starts on the easiest to hit shot in the game. It is all being addressed even if not directly. I am stoked.

#962 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Who Brought the Dog is the most common mode started as it's the easiest of the 3 mode ladder shots. When you qualify a mode hitting any of the 3 mode ladder shots will start a mode in that ladder. If a player only attempts the right orbit shot Who Brought the Dog will start every time. In the new update there are more callouts added to that mode so the same callout won't play every time.

On the stream, I thought Dwight mentioned something about not having to play the modes in order anymore. Did I mishear or am I just confused?

#963 4 years ago

I'm assuming I misheard because it doesn't make sense to play the modes out of order since they are in chronological movie order.

#964 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffsarcade:

I'm assuming I misheard because it doesn't make sense to play the modes out of order since they are in chronological movie order.

You still start the first mode from one of the three ladders upon hitting that mode ladder shot once modes are qualified, that is unchanged. Currently when a ladder mode is completed the next one starts automatically. With the new code the default setting doesn't make the next mode auto start which now allows players to start a mode in another mode ladder.

#965 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

You can still start the first mode from the 3 different mode ladders once modes are qualified. Currently when a ladder mode is completed the next one starts automatically. With the new code the default setting doesn't make the next mode auto start which now allows players to start a mode in another mode ladder.

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

#966 4 years ago

Where’s the stinking code, heard it was great?

I was a young man when the previous version came out 32 months ago. No graying beard, 20/20 vision, earwax removed. Today you wouldn’t recognize me, but I can still enjoy playing a mean pinball. 110% confident GB code is coming soon and early reports are the coders hit a grand slam out of the park. Standing by ....

F274F5EF-4B74-4B4E-A09B-289712219A65.gifF274F5EF-4B74-4B4E-A09B-289712219A65.gif
#967 4 years ago

Does anyone else think the new playfield x rules are actually too easy now? What it sounds like is any left ramp to left targets shot will light an x value, which means 2 combos lights both x targets, and it doesn’t get any harder. I would hate to see tournament games be decided by ”Well I hit one more left ramp combo than you, so I win.” Hopefully it’s a setting or it gets progressively harder. That being said, I like it much better than the “luck plunge to light 6x”

#968 4 years ago

Wish there was more multi ball modes

#969 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

Wish there was more multi ball modes

There are several, but most of them are pretty deep into the game.

#970 4 years ago

Code update week is here! Hopefully we hear something today or tomorrow about it being released.

#971 4 years ago

It's "next week," where is the code? I can't even play on the 1.13 code anymore now that I've seen what's coming! ColorDMD is in the mail and I've got my usb stick formatted and waiting!

#972 4 years ago

I could barely sleep... give it to us

#973 4 years ago

Heard today or tomorrow

#974 4 years ago

For what it's worth, after re-watching a portion of the deadflip stream, I noticed that the new code is v1.15.xx

#975 4 years ago

10 bucks for Wednesday

#976 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is there a video or description somewhere of what the We Are Ready To Believe You mode is like before this update?

It was pretty much same rules as the old we came we saw. I got there a few times before I sold my GB to fund my Batman.

#977 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I can't tell from the comments exactly, but my chief complaint about the game is that it seemed like you were always playing the same modes over and over. Is that still the same or has it been improved? Like playing who brought the dog it seemed like every game. I have no issues with anything else on the game, just the mode repetitiveness.

Since Stay Puft mode has been significantly nerfed scoring wise, I doubt you will see the same ladder stack over and over.

#978 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It isn't like the movie. The red light does not turn off when the green light turns on. Nor are there callouts with any of that phrasing. It creates confusion as to the purpose that could be easily rectified. It is one of the major happenings in nearly every game and it is an extremely weak implementation that deserved to be revisited.
Also, the movie doesn't involve locking 3 balls in sequence. The pinball rules should blend with the movie in an intuitive way. The messaging is about balls 1, 2 and 3 being locked. Then an alarm. The messaging could have been much better, and the mismatched lighting doesn't help.

Watch this:

Green light is on. I don't remember if the green light is usually on in the game or not.

Unlock the system, insert the trap, close and lock the system (red light goes on, green light goes off)

Then, light is green, trap is clean.

Later, there is an alarm when the containment unit is shut down.

You don't need callouts with that phrasing. The DMD tells you VERY clearly what you're doing. Are you seriously stuck staring at the light wondering why the green or red is on at any given point in time? If you are, look at the DMD. It makes the rules blend with the movie in an intuitive way.

#979 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Where’s the stinking code, heard it was great?
I was a young man when the previous version came out 32 months ago. No graying beard, 20/20 vision, earwax removed. Today you wouldn’t recognize me, but I can still enjoy playing a mean pinball. 110% confident GB code is coming soon and early reports are the coders hit a grand slam out of the park. Standing by ....[quoted image]

Okay.....That is the Funniest thing I've seen on Pinside in a long time...way to go!!!!!

#980 4 years ago

I’m thinking midweek like Wednesday. Jeez guys chill. Let him take in all the feedback after the stream and do a bit of polish. Still waiting to hear from ColorDMD...it would be nice if they would acknowledge that they will be releasing the update at the same time or VERY soon (don’t forget to fix the river of slime to pink)

#981 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I’m thinking midweek like Wednesday. Jeez guys chill. Let him take in all the feedback after the stream and do a bit of polish. Still waiting to hear from ColorDMD...it would be nice if they would acknowledge that they will be releasing the update at the same time or VERY soon (don’t forget to fix the river of slime to pink)

Yup, better to fix any bugs and polish more!

Hope there's an adjustment to not let modes be considered finished if they are not completed. That's one change I'm not a big fan of. Dwight said theres adjustments for most things so I hope that's one of them.

#982 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Watch this:

Green light is on. I don't remember if the green light is usually on in the game or not.
Unlock the system, insert the trap, close and lock the system (red light goes on, green light goes off)
Then, light is green, trap is clean.
Later, there is an alarm when the containment unit is shut down.
You don't need callouts with that phrasing. The DMD tells you VERY clearly what you're doing. Are you seriously stuck staring at the light wondering why the green or red is on at any given point in time? If you are, look at the DMD. It makes the rules blend with the movie in an intuitive way.

Your tone makes it difficult to discuss it. You make it seem like I can't count to 3 and follow the game. I was merely sharing my opinion that there is room for improvement because the locks do not coincide with the movie nor logical game play. In fact, I posted that video earlier as evidence that they do not coordinate. If you care to discuss it, then look at the game logic:

1st ball locked will BLINK the red light, and then the red light turns solid after a few seconds. Sound clips do not match inserting a trap. What is the significance of a blinking red light that then turns solid red? The movie goes red, to green.

2nd ball locked BLINKS the green light, then the green light stays solid, while the red light continues to stay on the whole time. Why? Does the 1st ball indicate the trap is in. And getting a 2nd ball in, suggests the trap is clean and can be removed? If so, why are both lights blinking and remaining on the same way?

And if that movie line is so iconic, why not implement it during the game. Isn't this the prefect place for it?

Sure, we can all figure out that we've locked up another ball. But to say it is the same as the movie or that there isn't room for improvement is unfair.

#983 4 years ago

You're making it too complicated. It is meant as a visual indication of how many balls the player has locked. And they made it mimic the movie as close as possible with the 2 lights they have, while also still giving the player that visual indication. It is a loose interpretation and was never meant to behave exactly as that scene.

#984 4 years ago
Quoted from RC_like_the_cola:

You're making it too complicated. It is meant as a visual indication of how many balls the player has locked. And they made it mimic the movie as close as possible with the 2 lights they have, while also still giving the player that visual indication. It is a loose interpretation and was never meant to behave exactly as that scene.

Thank you. Of course you are right. Sometimes discussing a trivial thing makes it seem like it isn't trivial and not worthy of discussion.

My original point for bringing it up is that the storage multi-ball is a pretty big happening that occurs in almost every game (especially given the current code that makes other neat things harder to achieve). I see it all the time, and to my eye, it was always weird that it went, red to green to emergency. I know the movie goes from red to green when they are cleaning a trap, and the game needs to blend the movie logic with what 1, 2 and 3 balls do in game, but given how big of a moment achieving storage multi-ball is (especially for the more casual players), I would have liked them to spend some time enhancing it. Blinking red lights that turn into solid red lights, Red lights that stay on when green lights come on, getting a 2nd ball locked in is equated to pulling a trap out... it is all just a bit disjointed to me.

To your point, it isn't a big deal, but it was worthy of revisiting in my opinion.

#985 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hope there's an adjustment to not let modes be considered finished if they are not completed. That's one change I'm not a big fan of. Dwight said theres adjustments for most things so I hope that's one of them.

I too hope that this can be adjusted. Not a big fan of just letting modes timeout etc. I feel the shots should be completed in order to finish the stage.

#986 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

I too hope that this can be adjusted. Not a big fan of just letting modes timeout etc. I feel the shots should be completed in order to finish the stage.

This adjustment has been in 1.13 I doubt they will remove it.

#987 4 years ago
Quoted from Nightmare:

Modes can't be timed out by just holding the ball. This has existed since Star Trek. If you trap up, the timer will stop after (I think) 4 seconds and won't start again until you hit a switch. This will at least force you to put the ball into play, and danger, while the mode counts down.

I'm indifferent on it filling the mode insert after the timer runs out. I don't want to call it complete, or finished, because it doesn't give you a cash out for finishing. I don't think GB does this, but there are games that do give you a bump for finishing the mode. Anyway, the only mode I though was too much for a 40 second timer or the GB layout (i.e. drains) is Gozer. If I could survive timing that out, while obviously trying to actually do the mode, drain, and then plunge into Stay Puft on the next skill shot, that would be pretty intimidating for another player.

#988 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

And mayors door to brown perhaps?

#989 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Your tone makes it difficult to discuss it. You make it seem like I can't count to 3 and follow the game. I was merely sharing my opinion that there is room for improvement because the locks do not coincide with the movie nor logical game play. In fact, I posted that video earlier as evidence that they do not coordinate. If you care to discuss it, then look at the game logic:
1st ball locked will BLINK the red light, and then the red light turns solid after a few seconds. Sound clips do not match inserting a trap. What is the significance of a blinking red light that then turns solid red? The movie goes red, to green.
2nd ball locked BLINKS the green light, then the green light stays solid, while the red light continues to stay on the whole time. Why? Does the 1st ball indicate the trap is in. And getting a 2nd ball in, suggests the trap is clean and can be removed? If so, why are both lights blinking and remaining on the same way?
And if that movie line is so iconic, why not implement it during the game. Isn't this the prefect place for it?
Sure, we can all figure out that we've locked up another ball. But to say it is the same as the movie or that there isn't room for improvement is unfair.

I wasn't intending to be harsh, but when you've said this you've called it things like "weak implementation" and you stated to me that the movie doesn't include locking three balls, like I'm an idiot who doesn't realize that. So, excuse me for my response sounding harsh, I'll try realizing that pinball machines use balls from here on our while I try to discuss this.

My question that I think you took offense to was real, by the way - are you *really* staring at just the lights on the playfield to indicate what is going on with it? If so, I can see your confusion, but the majority of people, particularly those watching someone else play, will look at the DMD to understand what is going on. The DMD makes it really clear what is going on.

The BLINKING that you are now highlighting above is a common occurrence in pinball machines to indicate where a ball is. It is supposed to be a blending of the two mediums, not the exact same.

As for not including that line, it wouldn't make sense as to what is going on in the same intuitive way.

Look, I can say this with some knowledge behind it - most people playing the game don't stare at the lights and try to figure out what is going on using mainly them, they instead either take the attitude of "just flip" or look up at the DMD from time to time to see what they are doing. They will also take audio cues.

Locking the second ball and declaring the 'light is green, trap is clean' is not intuitive in the pinball world. Does that mean you just lost your ball? Maybe it cleared out the earlier locked ball? Now you're stuck trying to read the DMD and interpret the audio cue. It doesn't make sense.

The lights aren't labeled. They don't have nearly the same issue, so having the light pattern attempt to roughly follow the movie scene makes sense.

#990 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

I wasn't intending to be harsh, but when you've said this you've called it things like "weak implementation" and you stated to me that the movie doesn't include locking three balls, like I'm an idiot who doesn't realize that. So, excuse me for my response sounding harsh, I'll try realizing that pinball machines use balls from here on our while I try to discuss this.
My question that I think you took offense to was real, by the way - are you *really* staring at just the lights on the playfield to indicate what is going on with it? If so, I can see your confusion, but the majority of people, particularly those watching someone else play, will look at the DMD to understand what is going on. The DMD makes it really clear what is going on.
The BLINKING that you are now highlighting above is a common occurrence in pinball machines to indicate where a ball is. It is supposed to be a blending of the two mediums, not the exact same.
As for not including that line, it wouldn't make sense as to what is going on in the same intuitive way.
Look, I can say this with some knowledge behind it - most people playing the game don't stare at the lights and try to figure out what is going on using mainly them, they instead either take the attitude of "just flip" or look up at the DMD from time to time to see what they are doing. They will also take audio cues.
Locking the second ball and declaring the 'light is green, trap is clean' is not intuitive in the pinball world. Does that mean you just lost your ball? Maybe it cleared out the earlier locked ball? Now you're stuck trying to read the DMD and interpret the audio cue. It doesn't make sense.
The lights aren't labeled. They don't have nearly the same issue, so having the light pattern attempt to roughly follow the movie scene makes sense.

I do appreciate you taking the time to read my thoughts and put together a response and participate in the discussion. I certainly understand your view. And apparently, so do the folks at Stern considering they opted for the method you are faithfully supporting. I did not intend to insult you by referencing that the movie doesn't lock balls. It was intended to highlight the point that the two mediums do not line up perfectly. If you think it is great the way it is, you are certainly entitled to that opinion, and should be very happy with that feature of the game, as-is. I still think there exists better methods of synchronizing the game with the movie and making the experience better overall, both visually and with sound. But that's just me, and it's moot anyway given that they said they didn't really change anything with the storage facility.

#991 4 years ago
Quoted from Borntolose:

I could barely sleep... give it to us

Same here

#992 4 years ago

I think you two are the only people on the planet who even remotely care about those lights.

#993 4 years ago
Quoted from johnny77:

Same hereCan’t stop refreshing the game code page.. might be going insane!!

#994 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, there will be an adjustment to continue a mode on ball drain and not have it complete. Default is for all scenes but the last in a ladder to auto complete.

#995 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

Yes, there will be an adjustment to continue a mode on ball drain and not have it complete. Default is for all scenes but the last in a ladder to auto complete.

Great to hear! Thanks.

#996 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is there a video or description somewhere of what the We Are Ready To Believe You mode is like before this update?

I believe it was "We Came, We Saw..." with the added rule that you could lock balls to start an instance of Loopin' Supers.

#997 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I think this is a welcome change and all the better to let folks change it if they wish. At my house I am the only one making it to the later ladder modes, mass hysteria, we came we saw, etc. This seems like it will open up some new things to folks. That's a win on a tough playing machine.

#998 4 years ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

I think this is a welcome change and all the better to let folks change it if they wish. At my house I am the only one making it to the later ladder modes, mass hysteria, we came we saw, etc. This seems like it will open up some new things to folks. That's a win on a tough playing machine.

Agreed. I was a strong advocate for not having the last mode auto complete as a good compromise to not making the game too easy. Dwight enjoys a good debate, haha

Novice and intermediate players are going to see new modes they have never reached on their first play, I am sure of that. This guarantees most will experience new animations and call outs which makes this game so endearing. They will run into a ceiling on that last mode of the ladder but that makes it a great goal to work on so they can experience WCWS.

#999 4 years ago

Damn... all these posts I thought it was because the new code dropped.

#1000 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Damn... all these posts I thought it was because the new code dropped.

Hopefully sometime this week

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 26.50
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

15,699 (OBO)
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 20 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/20?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.