(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 32.
#901 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

That sounds like a good change. Lighting both the 2X and 3X for a 6X total PF multiplier was just too imbalanced before. Since they seemed to make many of the other aspects of the game easier which will result in higher scoring, it makes sense to dial the multipliers back a bit. I agree that it really should only be a max of 3X playfield.

When both 2X and 3X are active you get 6X. But the scoring has been dialed back where it was too high, and the PF multipliers only stay lit for a relatively small amount of time. Overall the scoring is much more balanced now.

The new PF Multipliers are great now, and really make the game more fun.

#902 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I made the premium custom and will be updating this new code to work with it. Not sure when but I'll get to it. I need my Bobby Brown MB!

I hope the new code makes it easier for on our own to play. Otherwise put it in more places!

#903 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I made the premium custom and will be updating this new code to work with it. Not sure when but I'll get to it. I need my Bobby Brown MB!

Me too! My kids keep saying "haha! We're gonna get the other music back!". I'd love an updated version with new music!

#904 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

That would be amazing. I love all the code, but this is a huge source of confusion for people new to the game, and a big incongruity for me that is noticeable in literally every game I play!
Expectation: Green, then red, then siren
Reality: Red, then green, then siren!

Why not just switch the bulbs around?

#905 4 years ago

Was there any mention of a vault edition?

#906 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

I think the said there were no plans for vault at the moment.

#907 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Dwight said there are no plans for a vault edition.

#908 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think they nailed it. They had listened to our feedback and where keen to show the work done - I am SUPER excited.
I also felt deeply for Dwight who has taken some pretty shocking feedback recently when he hinted at have a challenging year in his life; he was super responsive, hugely positive and pretty much answered every question on chat, in fact he pretty much took over the stream; many of us and myself included have been critical of Dwight but today I'm happy to admit that was wrong and I take my hat of to him, apologise and thank him and the wider team for doing what he wanted to do but for good reasons couldn't.
Dwight, and the top men team, Tanio and Mike, thank you for the passion and hard work that you have always done and I'm sure will continue to do, we've had two amazing updates to a couple of brilliant games and I'm deeply appreciative. Also to the wider team at Stern, yes we have day to day issues, but Stern are on fire with a great team and in my view they are really knocking it out of the park; I imagine it must be a fantastic place to work right now.
Neil.

Totally agree with this assessment Neil

Kudos all the way around

The vote on the front page is a joke

#909 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Why not just switch the bulbs around?

If I did, then the 3rd ball lock would light all the red lights, except one green light. As it is now, it lights all the red lights.

#910 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

Yes; they said there was no plans currently.

#911 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yes; they said there was no plans currently.

He did say that he'd like to see one made. I wonder if that would sell enough to be worth it to stern. Unless this code update blows this game wide open and everyone wants one, but as excited as I am for this code, I don't see it boosting this games value and profile enough to warrant it.

#912 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

He did say that he'd like to see one made. I wonder if that would sell enough to be worth it to stern. Unless this code update blows this game wide open and everyone wants one, but as excited as I am for this code, I don't see it boosting this games value and profile enough to warrant it.

They would have to add an lcd and get movie clip rights and create new animations, etc for people to be interested. I don't see it happening.

#913 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yeah, that's certainly a valid viewpoint.
But I don't think it is as intuitive as it could be that:
1st ghost in containment lights an ominous red light.
2nd ghost in containment lights a "everything seems safe" green light.
3rd ghost in containment lights a red siren and the 1st red light but not the 2nd green light.

"Light is green...trap is clean." It doesn't have anything to do with the storage facility becoming more or less unstable. It's never unstable. It explodes when "dickless" turns off the power. Watch the clip. Open the door to insert trap....red light. Insert trap....green light. Turn power off...sirens. The progression (on both the DMD and the physical faciltiy) match the scene exactly.

I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!

#914 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Totally agree with this assessment Neil
Kudos all the way around
The vote on the front page is a joke

Yeah, the votes on the front page are a sentiment of how people thought about the code before the new code reveal. It will reverse now

#915 4 years ago

Hugh leap to the better. Thanks for the efford.

#916 4 years ago

wth is up with the lace gloves????

#917 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

wth is up with the lace gloves????

They were part of the Gozer costume, but Jack borrowed them from Gozer.

#918 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

"Light is green...trap is clean." It doesn't have anything to do with the storage facility becoming more or less unstable. It's never unstable. It explodes when "dickless" turns off the power. Watch the clip. Open the door to insert trap....red light. Insert trap....green light. Turn power off...sirens. The progression (on both the DMD and the physical faciltiy) match the scene exactly.
I FEEL LIKE I'M TAKING CRAZY PILLS!!

You are not crazy. It is just the difference between the current state - which is an imprecise summery of the movie rule-set that no one really remembers exactly until they re-watch the video, and another imprecise summery of the movie rule set (that may arguably be based slightly more loosely on the movie) but is a more intuitive state. The fact is that the device changes from dangerous to safe to emergency in a way that seems incongruous with a 1st, 2nd, 3rd ball trigger, and the rationale isn't explained as well as it could be.

I would be equally happy if they used sound effects, text, or call outs to explain the logic of the 1st 2nd 3rd ball as well. For example, if they made it clear that 1st ball is ghost is loaded, 2nd ball is ghost is safely transferred, and 3rd ball is the shutdown of the containment field, (which to your point, is what I think they were aiming for, although then the red light should be turned off on the 2nd ball when the green light comes on) -- and all of that was actually obvious in-game -- then great!

But as it is now, you have an incremental progression of 1st, 2nd and 3rd balls with lights that go (1) red, (2) red-green, and finally (3) red-red. It looks weird and could have used an update explaining it better.

#919 4 years ago

Is there a video or description somewhere of what the We Are Ready To Believe You mode is like before this update?

#920 4 years ago

I’ll change my vote after I get the update installed but, I hope the conversation continues while we all plunk through it

#921 4 years ago

Did i miss it or did none of the gang actually beat "Are you a God"...so we don't know what the visuals look like if you actually beat it right? They seems pretty excited about that mode and what it does.

#922 4 years ago

Did they get rid of the video mode being crazy valuable? I didn't get a chance to watch the stream. I asked our operator to bring Ghostbusters back for the next season of league so we could try out the new code.

#923 4 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Did they get rid of the video mode being crazy valuable? I didn't get a chance to watch the stream. I asked our operator to bring Ghostbusters back for the next season of league so we could try out the new code.

Video mode is now more valuable but not available as a skill-shot option thankfully!

#924 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Video mode is now more valuable but not available as a skill-shot option thankfully!

It looked like all of the mini-modes or side-objectives got a value increase. Along with that, StayPuft looked seriously nerfed. The first shots were in the single digit millions. Current code has it start at fifty. We won't know for sure until we all put time on it, but judging by the amount of time you'll be in multiplied play, overall scores on GB should go up significantly.

#925 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When was Video mode part of the skill shot....I don't remember it was or how you activate it....thx plz let me know

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#926 4 years ago
Quoted from 3pinballs:

When was Video mode part of the skill shot....I don't remember it was or how you activate it....thx plz let me know

It was started on the right scoop as a skillshot option. You didn't have to activate it.

#927 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

You are not crazy. It is just the difference between the current state - which is an imprecise summery of the movie rule-set that no one really remembers exactly until they re-watch the video...

Light is green, trap is clean is an iconic line from the movie. It does what the containment unit does in the movie. It changes from on, to "has a clean trap in it" to "dickless over here shut down the power".

If people really don't understand this because they don't remember that line, swap your bulbs to both be red and be happy. I would personally be miffed if they make it *not* like the movie.

#928 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Light is green, trap is clean is an iconic line from the movie. It does what the containment unit does in the movie. It changes from on, to "has a clean trap in it" to "dickless over here shut down the power".
If people really don't understand this because they don't remember that line, swap your bulbs to both be red and be happy. I would personally be miffed if they make it *not* like the movie.

It isn't like the movie. The red light does not turn off when the green light turns on. Nor are there callouts with any of that phrasing. It creates confusion as to the purpose that could be easily rectified. It is one of the major happenings in nearly every game and it is an extremely weak implementation that deserved to be revisited.

Also, the movie doesn't involve locking 3 balls in sequence. The pinball rules should blend with the movie in an intuitive way. The messaging is about balls 1, 2 and 3 being locked. Then an alarm. The messaging could have been much better, and the mismatched lighting doesn't help.

#929 4 years ago

I just reread all the recent post and still don't see WHEN the new code will be available. I checked the Stern site and nothing (since 2018).
Can someone fill me in? When can we expect to download the new code?

#930 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I just reread all the recent post and still don't see WHEN the new code will be available. I checked the Stern site and nothing (since 2018).

They said sometime next week

#931 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It isn't like the movie. The red light does not turn off when the green light turns on. Nor are there callouts with any of that phrasing.

I suggest maybe revisit this after the official release.

#932 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Dwight said they wanted it to be available the day of the stream but it just wasn't ready. All he said about the actual release was "next week." Does that mean Sunday? Probably not, but I sure hope so. haha

#933 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

I suggest maybe revisit this after the official release.

Ha. I think your right!

#934 4 years ago

Kind of off topic, but does anyone think they will update this code on Pinball Arcade?

#935 4 years ago

I can't tell from the comments exactly, but my chief complaint about the game is that it seemed like you were always playing the same modes over and over. Is that still the same or has it been improved? Like playing who brought the dog it seemed like every game. I have no issues with anything else on the game, just the mode repetitiveness.

#936 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

I can't tell from the comments exactly, but my chief complaint about the game is that it seemed like you were always playing the same modes over and over. Is that still the same or has it been improved? Like playing who brought the dog it seemed like every game. I have no issues with anything else on the game, just the mode repetitiveness.

Who Brought the Dog is the most common mode started as it's the easiest of the 3 mode ladder shots. When you qualify a mode hitting any of the 3 mode ladder shots will start a mode in that ladder. If a player only attempts the right orbit shot Who Brought the Dog will start every time. In the new update there are more callouts added to that mode so the same callout won't play every time.

#937 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Kind of off topic, but does anyone think they will update this code on Pinball Arcade?

Ha, i asked myself that last night. I dont need to play it on Pinball Arcade since I own it though..

#938 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

It isn't like the movie. The red light does not turn off when the green light turns on. Nor are there callouts with any of that phrasing. It creates confusion as to the purpose that could be easily rectified.

I dont think anyone is being confused by this..

#939 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Ha, i asked myself that last night. I dont need to play it on Pinball Arcade since I own it though..

But sometimes you are on a plane

#940 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

Comparing two games is never apples to apples, but I always wonder why this complaint is so prevalent regarding GB but not so for a game like DP. DP is getting lots of love right now, and with only 3 modes to choose from at the start as well. What is it about hearing (or playing) "Who brought the dog" that is so much more irritating than "Choose your battle, Sabretooth, Battle"?

Repetition is hard to avoid without infinite choices. When playing your ST:TNG do you play Q's Challenge every game, or Time Rift? When I start a game I intend to play every mode, because I intend to finish the game (however intent isn't execution). Which one I play first or last is a matter of preference for that game or based on other interim goals for the game.

I'm just very glad that the new call-outs will render the call-out complaint moot. As for the order of modes being played, that's always up to you.

#941 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

But sometimes you are on a plane

Ahhh, that is very true! And that is when I am playing the most. That and hotel room.

Also, on Ipad there is a Williams Pinball that is quite good. Same makers as Zen Pinball. The only issue is that it takes a long time to start unlocking things, but it has daily challenges that I enjoy playing. At first, you get to unlock 1 table. If you decide to give it a try, choose wisely as you will be playing that table a lot at first before others unlock...

#942 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Comparing two games is never apples to apples, but I always wonder why this complaint is so prevalent regarding GB but not so for a game like DP. DP is getting lots of love right now, and with only 3 modes to choose from at the start as well. What is it about hearing (or playing) "Who brought the dog" that is so much more irritating than "Choose your battle, Sabretooth, Battle"?
Repetition is hard to avoid without infinite choices. When playing your ST:TNG do you play Q's Challenge every game, or Time Rift? When I start a game I intend to play every mode, because I intend to finish the game (however intent isn't execution). Which one I play first or last is a matter of preference for that game or based on other interim goals for the game.
I'm just very glad that the new call-outs will render the call-out complaint moot. As for the order of modes being played, that's always up to you.

This actually gets into why I ended up trading my GB. I just didn't have that much fun playing the modes in the game. They never feel super rewarding and instead feel like a means to an end. In contrast, it's always fun to beat up the villains in DP or blow the saucer out of the sky in AFM. I don't have an issue with repetition in pinball as long as it's fun.

#943 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

This actually gets into why I ended up trading my GB. I just didn't have that much fun playing the modes in the game. They never feel super rewarding and instead feel like a means to an end. In contrast, it's always fun to beat up the villains in DP or blow the saucer out of the sky in AFM. I don't have an issue with repetition in pinball as long as it's fun.

Fun is subjective. I don't like a lot of popular games, for just that reason. Maybe the update will change your mind.

#944 4 years ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

Worth the wait.
Just gotta wait for the colordmd update next!

For those of us with Color DMD's, do we need to wait for their update to be a ready before loading the new Stern code?

#945 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are you thinking of buying another GB? Just curious why you're still lingering on the thread since you sold yours and apparently moved on.

#946 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

For those of us with Color DMD's, do we need to wait for their update to be a ready before loading the new Stern code?

No reason to wait to enjoy the new Stern GB code. At worse, some animations will be a singe color until the ColorDMD update happens.

#947 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Fun is subjective. I don't like a lot of popular games, for just that reason. Maybe the update will change your mind.

For sure, it's super subjective. I like Hardbody.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

Are you thinking of buying another GB? Just curious why you're still lingering on the thread since you sold yours and apparently moved on.

It's still sitting in my house, but the main reason I've been "lingering" has been the code update. That's pretty big news. I was (am) interested to see what changes were implemented, including potential changes to the game modes. There still might be too, I think the only mode they showed during the stream was Stay Puft. I think Spook Central has some great potential. It was a fun mode, but I didn't think they did the hurry-up enough justice. Perhaps just shutting down some of the stacking, which they already announced, will help to better highlight the hurry-up.

#948 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I dont think anyone is being confused by this..

Maybe I'm the only one who thinks it could be better, then.

#949 4 years ago
Quoted from taylor34:

With the new code you will absolutely see a lot more of the game the first time you play it. The modes are easier to start and easier to complete. The ghost modes are also easier to start (ghost collection is quicker now) and they are distinct from the main modes; i.e. Loopin' Supers is now it's own thing. Mass Hysteria is now it's own thing. Since the modes do not chain, there is more time for in between mode stuff (Tobin awards and Video modes). For more skilled players, you should see multiple WCWS after a handful of good games. WRTBY is a goal worthy to strive for. Dwight was not embellishing on how fun this new addition is. It is a blast to play. Are You a God is the cherry on top. The first time you hear that call out, you will get goose bumps I promise There is even a brand new mini librarian mode to freshen things up.

I think all of this has removed the repetitiveness as much as possible for this type of game structure.

Quoted from Utesichiban:

No need to wait, but you will see the new scenes in grayscale.

#950 4 years ago
Quoted from RobF:

With the new code you will absolutely see a lot more of the game the first time you play it. The modes are easier to start and easier to complete. The ghost modes are also easier to start (ghost collection is quicker now) and they are distinct from the main modes; i.e. Loopin' Supers is now it's own thing. Mass Hysteria is now it's own thing. Since the modes do not chain, there is more time for in between mode stuff (Tobin awards and Video modes). For more skilled players, you should see multiple WCWS after a handful of good games. WRTBY is a goal worthy to strive for. Dwight was not embellishing on how fun this new addition is. It is a blast to play. Are You a God is the cherry on top. The first time you hear that call out, you will get goose bumps I promise There is even a brand new mini librarian mode to freshen things up.
I think all of this has removed the repetitiveness as much as possible for this type of game structure.

No need to wait, but you will see the new scenes in grayscale.

Anything extra is awesome as I like the game as is but am I missing something like when update is available?
I've been checking daily.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
12,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Belington, WV
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/19?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.