(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 32.
#851 4 years ago
Quoted from Jimmyapple:

Was there any changes to the dmd modes? Tried to watch all but missed some.

Yes, saw multiple audio, and scoring changes with the ladder modes. There's also a selection of callouts that rotate being played when "Who Brought the Dog" starts! "Mass Hysteria Multiball" has two nice audio queues that are played when the flippers change direction, another nice change. Certain modes, such as Loopin Supers, can only be played on their own versus being stacked.

One of the biggest changes with the way ladder modes play is that the next mode in a ladder doesn't automatically start when the last is completed. Also, attempting every ladder mode, other then the last one in it's set, "completes" it in terms of progression to wizard modes. The last ladder mode in a set must be completed to progress to wizard modes. Sounds like this change was made to make the game a bit easier. There's now a mini library mode in the game as well.

In regards to wizard modes "We Came We Saw" now plays various sound clips from the film and will change based on multiple attempts. "We're Ready to Believe You" is completely redone and now features an end goal of progressing to an "Are you a God" final stage.

Wizard mode progression is now as follows.

1. Complete 1 mode ladder: light "We Came We Saw"
2. Complete 2 mode ladders: light "We Came We Saw" (will play different audio clips the second time)
3. Complete 3 mode ladders: light "We're Ready to Believe You"
4. Collect 100 ghosts in "We're Ready to Believe You": progress to "Are You a God".

#852 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

that "Are you a God" wizard mode needs to be a fun mini game at start up - left flipper for regular game and right flipper for "Are you a God" mini game like a P3 game option
looked fun as hell

Agreed. That homebrew The Matrix game has something similar. You can hold a flipper button and go into a multi-stage timed challenge mode. Really fun.

#853 4 years ago

Worth the wait.
Just gotta wait for the colordmd update next!

#854 4 years ago

About to wrap this up and it's good - not great. A lot was done but some of the bigger ones for me (like giving slimer more of a purpose potentially MB related or SB drops more meaningful) don't seem to be attended too but a lot was fixed.

Again good update - not amazing. I'll take it.

Topper got updated as well... Mentioned at end.

#855 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

About to wrap this up and it's good - not great. A lot was done but some of the bigger ones for me (like giving slimer more of a purpose potentially MB related or SB drops more meaningful) don't seem to be attended too but a lot was fixed.
Again good update - not amazing. I'll take it.
Topper got updated as well... Mentioned at end.

Oh cool, didn't realize that the topper code was updated as well!

#856 4 years ago

I'm so happy we can see our scores now! Thank you!

#857 4 years ago

From Dwight towards end of stream

"We did add lots of topper animations, the topper got lots of updates as well" YES After that he said everything on the game except for Midnight Madness got updated. Shaker motor is getting new code as well! Awesome stuff.

Thank you Dwight!

Also the best quote from Dwight

When asked about the Star Wars topper "I don't know where the hell that is" lol!

#858 4 years ago

Just another note, no new Ecto Goggles animations as Dwight said it would "involve the movie license people". Understandable. Hope they at least remove the cat animation from it considering who's cat its referencing.

#859 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Hope they at least remove the cat animation from it considering who's cat its referencing.

Hey! Don't blame the cat for its scumbag owner! It should solely be judged on its own scumbagginess!

#860 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just another note, no new Ecto Goggles animations as Dwight said it would "involve the movie license people". Understandable. Hope they at least remove the cat animation from it considering who's cat its referencing.

There aren't enough animations in the ecto goggles to start removing some. I wish Stern made their code open source. So much potential...

#861 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

There aren't enough animations in the ecto goggles to start removing some. I wish Stern made their code open source. So much potential...

Is it possible to edit Ecto Goggles animations using Pinball Browser?

#862 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

This game is definitely west

I think it was headed south, but maybe the game is north . Either way, we’re headed to Aspen with the samsonite briefcase Harry

#863 4 years ago

Ive always liked this pin.. however the new code is nice and id love to own a premium or le at some point.

#864 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I thought someone posted about this being possible a while back? If I’m right then swapping out the cat for Vigo is a must!

#865 4 years ago

So what happens when you load the new GB code with old code on the Color DMD ?

How bad will it be

#866 4 years ago

a few of the screens won't be coloured - it will be fine and the colordmd guys will move quickly.

#867 4 years ago

I think they nailed it. They had listened to our feedback and where keen to show the work done - I am SUPER excited.

I also felt deeply for Dwight who has taken some pretty shocking feedback recently when he hinted at have a challenging year in his life; he was super responsive, hugely positive and pretty much answered every question on chat, in fact he pretty much took over the stream; many of us and myself included have been critical of Dwight but today I'm happy to admit that was wrong and I take my hat of to him, apologise and thank him and the wider team for doing what he wanted to do but for good reasons couldn't.

Dwight, and the top men team, Tanio and Mike, thank you for the passion and hard work that you have always done and I'm sure will continue to do, we've had two amazing updates to a couple of brilliant games and I'm deeply appreciative. Also to the wider team at Stern, yes we have day to day issues, but Stern are on fire with a great team and in my view they are really knocking it out of the park; I imagine it must be a fantastic place to work right now.

Neil.

#868 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I think they nailed it. They had listened to our feedback and where keen to show the work done - I am SUPER excited.
I also felt deeply for Dwight who has taken some pretty shocking feedback recently when he hinted at have a challenging year in his life; he was super responsive, hugely positive and pretty much answered every question on chat, in fact he pretty much took over the stream; many of us and myself included have been critical of Dwight but today I'm happy to admit that was wrong and I take my hat of to him, apologise and thank him and the wider team for doing what he wanted to do but for good reasons couldn't.
Dwight, and the top men team, Tanio and Mike, thank you for the passion and hard work that you have always done and I'm sure will continue to do, we've had two amazing updates to a couple of brilliant games and I'm deeply appreciative. Also to the wider team at Stern, yes we have day to day issues, but Stern are on fire with a great team and in my view they are really knocking it out of the park; I imagine it must be a fantastic place to work right now.
Neil.

Well said! Dwight and team have gone above and beyond with this update. Dwight seemed very happy and proud with what they have done as a team with the game.

Title to thread changed, we won't make it to 33 months, the code update is imminent! Sounds like it will be released next week

Twitch archive of the stream is now on YouTube

#869 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I think so. I can see them in pinbrowser. But I don't think you can add more.

#870 4 years ago

Overall, the new code sounds great. And it seems like much of the changes are setting adjustable so certain new things can be dialed back to "original" if you want.

I'm not sure about slimer coming out on one hit though.

And my number one pet peeve with the storage facility lights being reversed is still the same.

#871 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Overall, the new code sounds great. And it seems like much of the changes are setting adjustable so certain new things can be dialed back to "original" if you want.
I'm not sure about slimer coming out on one hit though.
And my number one pet peeve with the storage facility lights being reversed is still the same.

Can you change the LEDs in the facility itself so you get the colors you want or is it in the dmd itself that you don't like?

#872 4 years ago

I'm driving 700 miles this weekend to pick up a HUO Premium. I'm pretty excited. I watched the stream last night and was very impressed.

I had a dream last night that there was a post here that said GB accessories were up on sterns site and I rushed over to buy a topper. When I woke up I was rather disappointed lol.

#873 4 years ago

Seemed like there was quite a few new audio tracks added, hopefully the custom code many of us are running with the movie soundtrack gets updated. Might be able to use more stuff and longer lengths now.

#874 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you change the LEDs in the facility itself so you get the colors you want or is it in the dmd itself that you don't like?

I'm qoing to make them both red. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the code constraints. But it makes the most sense that the 1st contained ghost is green, the second is red, and the 3rd lights the siren.

Current state is that first ghost in storage facility lights the red light. 2nd ghost lights the green light. 3rd ghost lights the red siren, the first red light, and all the other red lights.
So I can't just swap the red and green around or the 3rd ghost will light one green amongst all the other reds.
I don't know why it goes from red to green as it becomes "more unstable."

#875 4 years ago

I'm going to make them both red. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the code constraints. But it makes the most sense that the 1st contained ghost is green, the second is red, and the 3rd lights the siren.

Current state is that first ghost in storage facility lights the red light. 2nd ghost lights the green light. 3rd ghost lights the red siren, the first red light, and all the other red lights.
So I can't just swap the red and green around or the 3rd ghost will light one green amongst all the other reds.

#876 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Seemed like there was quite a few new audio tracks added, hopefully the custom code many of us are running with the movie soundtrack gets updated. Might be able to use more stuff and longer lengths now.

I made the premium custom and will be updating this new code to work with it. Not sure when but I'll get to it. I need my Bobby Brown MB!

#877 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm going to make them both red. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the code constraints. But it makes the most sense that the 1st contained ghost is green, the second is red, and the 3rd lights the siren.

Yeah better to do double reds to show there is a real problem!

#878 4 years ago

Unless I missed it, I was hoping there would be more magna-sling code, to make more creative use out of that...

#879 4 years ago

Fresh update looks amazing. Thank you Dwight and team and thanks Jack for the great quality stream. They all seemed genuinely excited again for Ghostbusters. My flash drive is ready. COLORDMD...any word...you guys think you may have it ready next week? Change that river of slime to pink!

#880 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yeah better to do double reds to show there is a real problem!

Hmm... I wonder if I can replace the green light with a blinking red light?

#881 4 years ago
Quoted from valgalder:

Unless I missed it, I was hoping there would be more magna-sling code, to make more creative use out of that...

Really? mine go crazy! Have you switched the rubber to the top?

#882 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Fresh update looks amazing. Thank you Dwight and team and thanks Jack for the great quality stream. They all seemed genuinely excited again for Ghostbusters. My flash drive is ready. COLORDMD...any word...you guys think you may have it ready next week? Change that river of slime to pink!

Thats my biggest complaint, the river of slime being green! Id also like to see the mayors door brown and not gray.

#883 4 years ago

I'd like to see them leave in all those cheat menu options. I mean why not?

#884 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I'd like to see them leave in all those cheat menu options. I mean why not?

I can't even imagine why they would go out of their way to remove it.

#885 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Hmm... I wonder if I can replace the green light with a blinking red light?

what about yellow to warn?

#886 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I'm qoing to make them both red. It's the only thing that makes sense to me given the code constraints. But it makes the most sense that the 1st contained ghost is green, the second is red, and the 3rd lights the siren.

RobF is a beta tester. I have sent him a PM so he can forward it to Dwight so he might change it

#887 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

what about yellow to warn?

Then it would go from red with the 1st ghost to yellow with the 2nd. That seems like a de-escelation?

#888 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I made the premium custom and will be updating this new code to work with it. Not sure when but I'll get to it. I need my Bobby Brown MB!

This is some important work. I haven't put that code in, anticipating the new update. If I sent you a carton of cigs and sum red bulz, maybe you would get it done faster? J/k. However, I need more Bobby B in my life.. maybe even attract mode Bobby...

Side note, this is a pretty sweet update, wish it was sooner but I'll take it!

#889 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

RobF is a beta tester. I have sent him a PM so he can forward it to Dwight so he might change it

That would be amazing. I love all the code, but this is a huge source of confusion for people new to the game, and a big incongruity for me that is noticeable in literally every game I play!

Expectation: Green, then red, then siren
Reality: Red, then green, then siren!

#890 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

That would be amazing. I love all the code, but this is a huge source of confusion for people new to the game, and a big incongruity for me that is noticeable in literally every game I play!
Expectation: Green, then red, then siren
Reality: Red, then green, then siren!

I don't get the confusion here. You're lighting the lights left to right and the colors are based on the lights in the movie...

#891 4 years ago

I caught some of the stream and it looks like a great update and addresses most of my issues with the current code. I'm really glad they pulled the video-mode from the skillshot choices as that was my primary complaint. Does anyone know if they did anything to change how difficult it is to qualify playfield multipliers if you don't earn them through the skillshot?

Overall though it looks great and I applaud Dwight and team for putting in all this effort to make an already good game better!

#892 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I don't get the confusion here. You're lighting the lights left to right and the colors are based on the lights in the movie...

Yeah, that's certainly a valid viewpoint.

But I don't think it is as intuitive as it could be that:
1st ghost in containment lights an ominous red light.
2nd ghost in containment lights a "everything seems safe" green light.
3rd ghost in containment lights a red siren and the 1st red light but not the 2nd green light.

#893 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

Yeah, that's certainly a valid viewpoint.
But I don't think it is as intuitive as it could be that:
1st ghost in containment lights an ominous red light.
2nd ghost in containment lights a "everything seems safe" green light but the first red light stays on too.
3rd ghost in containment lights a red siren and the 1st red light but the 2nd ghost green light turns off.

Ideally, color changing lights would have been great here, but we are past that point.

#894 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I caught some of the stream and it looks like a great update and addresses most of my issues with the current code. I'm really glad they pulled the video-mode from the skillshot choices as that was my primary complaint. Does anyone know if they did anything to change how difficult it is to qualify playfield multipliers if you don't earn them through the skillshot?
Overall though it looks great and I applaud Dwight and team for putting in all this effort to make an already good game better!

Yeah. The "K" is now "Advance Multipliers" which will light the 2X stand up. But you can also shoot the left ramp and then the gear targets/captive ball and it will light one of the stand ups. Im not sure how lighting 2X and then 3X works though.

I'd really like to see those be a touch more difficult to light or to cap the multiplier at a max of 3X or something.

#895 4 years ago

I may need to change my vote. This code looks great.

#896 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

I just re-watched this scene:

It looks like there is an opportunity in code to better match this effect.

1st ball lights the red light, and with a sound effect, it then changes to green to indicate it is safely stored.
2nd ball lights the red light, but that light stays on, and the green light can stay on too, but a sound effect indicates a looming problem.
3rd ball lights the siren and the green light turn off.

#897 4 years ago
Quoted from shaub:

Yeah. The "K" is now "Advance Multipliers" which will light the 2X stand up. But you can also shoot the left ramp and then the gear targets/captive ball and it will light one of the stand ups. Im not sure how lighting 2X and then 3X works though.
I'd really like to see those be a touch more difficult to light or to cap the multiplier at a max of 3X or something.

That sounds like a good change. Lighting both the 2X and 3X for a 6X total PF multiplier was just too imbalanced before. Since they seemed to make many of the other aspects of the game easier which will result in higher scoring, it makes sense to dial the multipliers back a bit. I agree that it really should only be a max of 3X playfield.

#898 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

1st ball lights the red light, and with a sound effect, it then changes to green to indicate it is safely stored.
2nd ball lights the red light, but that light stays on, and the green light can stay on too, but a sound effect indicates a looming problem.

Did they change the dmd animations for locked balls? It still bugs me that you see 2 traps for the first ball and 1 trap for the second ball...

#899 4 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon77:

I never noticed how exaggerated the sound effects are in this scene.

#900 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Did they change the dmd animations for locked balls? It still bugs me that you see 2 traps for the first ball and 1 trap for the second ball...

I didn't notice any change. In fact, they made a specific reference to not making any real changes to the containment multi-ball. But I could have missed it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 49.99
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 18 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/18?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.