(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.
#801 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

99% sure he is. All the cast is except I haven't heard if Rick Moranis is

Rick Moranis apparently is a complete Ahole in real life. Apparently he has said forever that he didnt want anything to do with Ghostbusters anymore. He has refused to do anything with it, wont do video game voices for it.. nothing.

Ghostbusters 3 with original cast? Bill Murray, while great, looks very very old now..

#802 4 years ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

One day left! So stoked!

1 day left to be told how much longer you need to wait?

#803 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Rick Moranis apparently is a complete Ahole in real life. Apparently he has said forever that he didnt want anything to do with Ghostbusters anymore. He has refused to do anything with it, wont do video game voices for it.. nothing.
Ghostbusters 3 with original cast? Bill Murray, while great, looks very very old now..

Doesn't sound like what I've read about Rick Moranis. His wife passed away and he retired from acting to focus on raising his kids. That's a very selfless thing to do considering he was at the height of his career. He has done some voice work over the years, most recently voicing Dark Helmet again for a Goldbergs episode. In regards to why he wasn't in the Ghostbusters reboot from 2016 he said "it doesn't make sense to me". I think he made the right call! He also had to sign off on his likeness being used in the pinball machine as well as his audio from the films. If he didn't want anything to do with Ghostbusters he wouldn't have done that. Sounds like a good person to me.

#804 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Doesn't sound like what I've read about Rick Moranis. His wife passed away and he retired from acting to focus on raising his kids. That's a very selfless thing to do considering he was at the height of his career. He has done some voice work over the years, most recently voicing Dark Helmet again for a Goldbergs episode. In regards to why he wasn't in the Ghostbusters reboot from 2016 he said "it doesn't make sense to me". I think he made the right call! He also had to sign off on his likeness being used in the pinball machine as well as his audio from the films. If he didn't want anything to do with Ghostbusters he wouldn't have done that. Sounds like a good person to me.

Hey, just going off of what I have heard. And as far as using his audio, thats simple to sign off on, but as I have heard, he refuses to do anything more with Ghostbusters and that seems to be true..

#805 4 years ago
Quoted from Joe_Blasi:

Does he know if Bill Murray is in for ghost busters 3?

No idea. And even if he did know, he wouldn't tell me. And even if he did, I wouldn't go share that information because it wouldn't be my place.

Having said that, if Murray had as large of a role in the more recent Ghostbusters movie as he did, it would be crazy if he completely turned down an actual sequel, especially now that Hudson and Akyroyd are confirmed.

Quoted from Rager170:

Hey, just going off of what I have heard. And as far as using his audio, thats simple to sign off on, but as I have heard, he refuses to do anything more with Ghostbusters and that seems to be true..

It's impossible to speculate if he had to sign off on his audio being used. I would bet that he did not, based on when that movie was made, retain the rights for his audio from within the movie. If he had done custom voicework, it would be different.

#806 4 years ago

With the rumors of the awesome throw backs and the OG cast wanting to actually be in this, I would be surprised if rick and bill were not in it

#807 4 years ago

Wow, ABC World News Tonight!

breaking-news (4) (resized).pngbreaking-news (4) (resized).png

#808 4 years ago

Cool. Though I hope the code is imminent and not imminient!

#809 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

Looks like ABC has corrected the typo

#810 4 years ago
Quoted from Spelunk71:

I was thinking it was imamaculate.

#811 4 years ago

We came, we saw, we kicked its ass.

#812 4 years ago

So, is the code actually being release today or is it just an announcement for when the code will be coming = more waiting?

I just waxed up the playfield last night in anticipation haha

#813 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

So, is the code actually being release today or is it just an announcement for when the code will be coming = more waiting?
I just waxed up the playfield last night in anticipation haha

If it’s like GOT, they are still testing, but it’s close enough to show everyone. Maybe by next Monday it will be live.

#814 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If it’s like GOT, they are still testing, but it’s close enough to show everyone. Maybe by next Monday it will be live.

Kind of assumed something like that also...

#815 4 years ago

hate to say it but I was hoping stealth release tonight! Super pumped for the reveal. What time again?

#816 4 years ago

Have not seen anything posted on the Dead Flip page

Hoping 8est/7cst

#817 4 years ago

"Make sure to tune into Dead Flip Pinball Streaming on Twitch next Wednesday, September 18th at 5pmCT"

#818 4 years ago

This is bad news with new GB code...now I won't have Bobby Brown music playing in one of the modes (using a Pinbrowser version I got here on Pinside last year)

#819 4 years ago

Yes, I am hoping who ever made the sound remix updates with the new code. It's hard to go back playing with the original music.

#820 4 years ago

I found the original music WAY better. My .02

#821 4 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I found the original music WAY better. My .02

Same, Stern did an excellent job creating twists on the licensed tracks from the movie to given each a pinball vibe.

#822 4 years ago

Are you guys getting an error when installing the update?

#823 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Are you guys getting an error when installing the update?

The new code is not even out yet.

#825 4 years ago

From Dwight to start off with!

Update work began in May
Whole game is different but is the same

#826 4 years ago

New tunes, new wizard modes mentioned

#827 4 years ago

ARE YOU A GOD CONFIRMED!

Update: Sounds like "Are you a God" is a level you are trying to reach in the "We're Ready to Believe You" wizard mode versus its own mode standalone mode. However, still seems like its a unique mode as it's a final level progressive based level you play after getting to a high enough level within "We're Ready to Believe You". Very cool!

#828 4 years ago

No new ecto goggles animations. No additional topper support. No new features exclusive to premium/le game... Better than nothing but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed

#829 4 years ago

It looks great...not at all disappointed ...

#830 4 years ago

Awesome update!
Cannot wait until next week to download this puppy.

#831 4 years ago

I missed the whole thing. What's the general consensus? Is it going to be a great update?

#832 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I missed the whole thing. What's the general consensus? Is it going to be a great update?

The whole game was updated except Midnight Madness, Dwight's comments.

#833 4 years ago

All I'm saying is I'm glad that they finally did an update, but after 33 months and hyping it as a huge update, I thought they would find a few ways to further utilize the signature features of the game, like the ecto goggles and the Magna slings. Vigo on the ecto goggles seems like a no brainer to me. Maybe a few new sling tricks. The fact that they treated pro and premium models the same is surprising to me. But there's some cool new stuff. Not sure how I feel about them nerfing a lot of it but I think they said you can undo some of that in the menu.

#834 4 years ago

Very Excited !!!

Flash Drive Ready

Hope they did something further for the topper support

#835 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

No new ecto goggles animations. No additional topper support. No new features exclusive to premium/le game... Better than nothing but I have to admit I'm a little disappointed

The entire game has been revamped which is great. New lighting effects, new sound effects, We're Ready to Believe you redone with progression to Are You a God, mini library mode with new DMD animations, some of other modes can now be played on their own, can earn both skillshots at the start of the game, and a a lot more little tweaks and bug fixes. Overall it's a huge and substantial update in my opinion. I'm sure there's more to see and hear that wasn't revealed in the stream considering Dwight skipped a lot of gameplay to just qualify certain modes to show the major changes.

One of the only things I don't like is how mini wizard modes are qualified in regards to needing to play "We Came We Saw" twice (once for two of the ladders) and then "We're Ready to Believe You" for the 3rd. I think having a wizard mode per ladder would have been better but just my two cents. "We Came We Saw" though does play differently every time according to Dwight as different clips and audio plays with each attempt. That's cool.

Also, where's Vigo? He could at least be added to the Ecto Goggles.

Just to note, Dwight said work on the update started in May.

#836 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Hope they did something further for the topper support

Was mentioned that the topper did get more game integration.

#837 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

All I'm saying is I'm glad that they finally did an update, but after 33 months and hyping it as a huge update, I thought they would find a few ways to further utilize the signature features of the game, like the ecto goggles and the Magna slings. Vigo on the ecto goggles seems like a no brainer to me. Maybe a few new sling tricks. The fact that they treated pro and premium models the same is surprising to me. But there's some cool new stuff. Not sure how I feel about them nerfing a lot of it but I think they said you can undo some of that in the menu.

deleted

#838 4 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Vigo is GBII isn't it? Thought Stern said no GBII way back when because of the GBII storyline.

There's gb 2 content all over this game...

#839 4 years ago

Interesting that they still have DMD animation personnel on staff.

#840 4 years ago

good update

#841 4 years ago

Also to note, on the stream Dwight had 3 pages for the Ghostbusters code update summary, the GOT update which is pretty big had an update summary of 1 page. I'm sure there's other small tweaks and fixes not mentioned or seen on the stream that are in the update.

https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/GoT-2019-Update-Summary.pdf?fbclid=IwAR24KSdvq8xpJ47akt1BpVM05q32UdyokgElLjLM-iRLK4YBt7BUlHXYcqk

#842 4 years ago

I'm very excited to update the game. I watched the whole stream and am very happy with what was done. The modes are easier to start, easier to complete, and will auto-complete if you happen to time out or drain so you don't have to do it again next ball. There are 2 balls saves off the plunge, and you can get an upper and lower skill shot.

My game on location is set to 1 extra ball and I've drained while in the next to last mode. So I've never seen the original WARTBY. I don't care. With these updates I would have gotten there on that game, and on several others. This game is not east, and that's fine. This game is now a very good game and players will now consistently get further into the game and with more balanced scores.

#843 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

I'm very excited to update the game. I watched the whole stream and am very happy with what was done. The modes are easier to start, easier to complete, and will auto-complete if you happen to time out or drain so you don't have to do it again next ball. There are 2 balls saves off the plunge, and you can get an upper and lower skill shot.
My game on location is set to 1 extra ball and I've drained while in the next to last mode. So I've never seen the original WARTBY. I don't care. With these updates I would have gotten there on that game, and on several others. This game is not east, and that's fine. This game is now a very good game and players will now consistently get further into the game and with more balanced scores.

This game is definitely west

#844 4 years ago

It looks good, I can't wait to update my game. I'd sure like to see a "Are You A God?" Super Game style, 1 ball game. It looked like a fun dollar game kind of thing that would be fun to play with buddies.

I'd also like to see settings for max PF multiplier and Mass Hysteria flipper behaviour.

#845 4 years ago

Nice- looking forward to updating my GB pro on location!

#846 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

SHOCKING

#847 4 years ago

that "Are you a God" wizard mode needs to be a fun mini game at start up - left flipper for regular game and right flipper for "Are you a God" mini game like a P3 game option

looked fun as hell

#848 4 years ago

When is the code supposed to be available?

#849 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

When is the code supposed to be available?

Next week - maybe even Monday

#850 4 years ago

Was there any changes to the dmd modes? Tried to watch all but missed some.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.50
$ 49.95
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 103.00
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/17?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.