(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 32.
#601 4 years ago

With Ghostbusters 3 coming out next summer, it would be smart for stern to update the code and come out with a new edition of GB, and could sell alot more.

#602 4 years ago

Thank you for the honest update Dwight. All of you that sold of your GB are going to regret it in the coming months. I can’t wait for a massive update. Hey ColorDMD make sure you are ready!!!

#603 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

Thank you for the honest update Dwight. All of you that sold of your GB are going to regret it in the coming months

i absolutly do regret NOTHING !
as TWD did replace GB, and now DI replace the TWD...

but as said already, if GB code reach what i'm waiting for, than why not getting one back later !?

#604 4 years ago

After watching yesterday’s stream. Dwight seems like a good guy even thought he got a lot of shit storm after his quotes on some podcasts and now GOT update being first to come.
If you looked at him at the stream yesterday he seemed like a proud little kid. Wich might have been a bit nervous. But to me he looked passionate to what he did and what he does.
I have to apologize if I had been rude to him in the past. Now it should be clear, that this whole delay is not his fault. It’s Sterns fault. He said he wanted to work on in 2017 but Sterns schedule and his life didn’t allow it.

Anyway, now I am looking forward to his GOT release. And of course his Ghostbusters release.

#605 4 years ago

Great hearing Dwight discuss GB on Twitch and listing everyone on the code testing team. Mike V relayed to me this weekend that GB update will very significant and that it will address most issues and more. He wouldn’t provide a timeframe because so many hands are involved, so I am inserting my own goal of Dec. Beginning to feel the burn at Stern and I love it.

#606 4 years ago
Quoted from Midway-Man:

After watching yesterday’s stream. Dwight seems like a good guy even thought he got a lot of shit storm after his quotes on some podcasts and now GOT update being first to come.
If you looked at him at the stream yesterday he seemed like a proud little kid. Wich might have been a bit nervous. But to me he looked passionate to what he did and what he does.
I have to apologize if I had been rude to him in the past. Now it should be clear, that this whole delay is not his fault. It’s Sterns fault. He said he wanted to work on in 2017 but Sterns schedule and his life didn’t allow it.
Anyway, now I am looking forward to his GOT release. And of course his Ghostbusters release.

Dwight is one hellofa Great Guy!

I feel confident in hope, that his work will complete a game that has brought so much fun to our home!

#607 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dwight is one hellofa Great Guy!
I feel confident in hope, that his work will complete a game that has brought so much fun to our home!

Yeah, really like the enthusiasm he has for GOT code and especially for the upcoming GB code update. Hopefully Stern does a similar video with DeadFlip for the GB code update.

#608 4 years ago

I've never played GOT but was glad I tuned into that stream and heard Dwight address the GB code. Sounds like it will be worth the wait and hopefully SOON. In any case it does give renewed hope for some of us.

#609 4 years ago

Ghostbusters owners to Dwight when Stern releases the code.

1ybd7k.gif1ybd7k.gif

#610 4 years ago

i will give Dwight props for actually giving us some real info. glad to see the new code and hopes he continues with updates on GB

#611 4 years ago

Is the code the only thing missing from this pin? It looks like a pretty good game in the videos I've watched.

#612 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Is the code the only thing missing from this pin? It looks like a pretty good game in the videos I've watched.

I love the game even without the update people have been waiting for.. I doubt it will ever leave my collection. Im also a big 80's movie fan so that helps too haha.

Granted, I did have to fix a few things, the airball issue was annoying but with wedges, its virtually gone now.

#613 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I love the game even without the update people have been waiting for.. I doubt it will ever leave my collection. Im also a big 80's movie fan so that helps too haha.

Me too. Love me some GB. I've recently been bouncing around the idea of getting this pin. The theme is a homerun for someone like me. I have a feeling prices will be going up a bit if the code update rocks.

#614 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

Me too. Love me some GB. I've recently been bouncing around the idea of getting this pin. The theme is a homerun for someone like me. I have a feeling prices will be going up a bit if the code update rocks.

Exactly, the theme is great. The artwork is excellent and I personally like the way it plays although some have their issues. I suppose its not as "deep" as some other pins but I like the changup.

#615 4 years ago

Great news!

#616 4 years ago
Quoted from Honch:

I have a feeling prices will be going up a bit if the code update rocks.

It will become a real solid "one of the best of all time" pin once the code is polished. It will definitely go up!

#617 4 years ago

I recently got gb over mb and bk. Liking it so far. The one thing I would point out vis scoring imbalance

#618 4 years ago

Here's hoping a new batch of toppers surface with the update... Still kicking myself not picking one up.

#619 4 years ago

Well, I suppose I feel relieved that it’s going to be a significant update and not just minor things. I’m excited to see how it turns out!

#620 4 years ago

if you're a collector : new code should change absolutly nothing about GB...
if you're a player : new code could change all from nothing, simple as that...

we'll see what happends (or not)

#621 4 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Here's hoping a new batch of toppers surface with the update... Still kicking myself not picking one up.

I thought I was an idiot for paying $499 for one when they came out and I still think it's insane but I do love it on my Pro. I can't believe they haven't produced more.

#622 4 years ago

Game of Thrones code update just got released damn look at all those patch notes. Now onto Ghostbuster I can’t wait. It’s going to be nice.

#623 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I thought I was an idiot for paying $499 for one when they came out and I still think it's insane but I do love it on my Pro. I can't believe they haven't produced more.

At least they are keeping some things limited. lol

#624 4 years ago

This recent turn of events has convinced me that the GB code update will be worth the wait. I'm excited!

1 week later
#625 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

This recent turn of events has convinced me that the GB code update will be worth the wait. I'm excited!

Same! Dwight's comments during the GOT stream make it sound like they are going all out with the update. That's great to hear.

Sterns next Stern of the Union address is less then 10 days away. I'm thinking this one will say the update is being worked on. A September release sounds likely in my opinion, October at the latest. I'm sure Stern will want to get the update out by Expo in October.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Same! Dwight's comments during the GOT stream make it sound like they are going all out with the update. That's great to hear.
Sterns next Stern of the Union address is less then 10 days away. I'm thinking this one will say the update is being worked on. A September release sounds likely in my opinion, October at the latest. I'm sure Stern will want to get the update out by Expo in October.

Hope you right, we have no doubts that they are working on it, the question is when...

#627 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

A September release sounds likely in my opinion, October at the latest.

What info gives you that opinion?

#628 4 years ago

Have you heard whether or not they will do a run of new machines to coincide with the update?

#629 4 years ago

well PZ, dont know what will happend or not, but coding (+testing) is not so fast...
of course we didnt know from when they're already working on it, or more simply if they have just started... !?

:/

#630 4 years ago

Just out of curiosity, what are the main complaints with the current code?

#631 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

You an find a lot of that in this thread, but assuming you don't want to search the main items are unused inserts, unbalanced scoring, not displaying score enough, and linear modes, which can become repetitive. There are also a few bugs that should be fixed. I might be one of the few that could care less about the Are You A God? "missing" wizard mode. I'd just assume they make the We Came, We Saw, We Kicked Its... and We Are Ready To Believe You modes better. They are represented by inserts and should be the main goals of the game. The other thing I'd like to see is for it to be more clear, which modes are running. So much can be stacked right now that it becomes super confusing.

#632 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

while asking that question, you than must be part of the 11% happy with the actual code !?

#633 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

My thinking is in-line, somewhat, with @lpeters82. In a little over a year, I've finished WRTBY twice. And I did them both in the same week...so a lot of games without seeing the wizard mode. AYAG is more of a broken promise than a missing feature IMO. If it weren't on the card, I doubt people would be screaming for another "super" wizard mode.

Unbalanced scoring comes into play mainly on the skill shot. The DCTS video mode scoring is high, but it isn't necessarily out of balance. It's just too easy to get. Pull it from the skill shots and make an activation sequence that is proportionally difficult for the amount of points available. Negative Reinforcement on the other hand needs a boost. Currently, it's never the better choice of video modes. The other main scoring imbalance issue is being able to light 6x multipliers on the skill shot. You still have to activate them, but it can be a for sure game winner if a player can pull that off at the right time. Again, I'm not bent out of shape about it, because it's hard to pull off consistently (unlike the video mode). If you go for the multipliers and miss, you generally get nothing or next to nothing.

Stacking is basically a free-for-all. About the only thing you can't stack is the video mode. It makes for huge scoring opportunities, but it is hard to know exactly which of the small things you have going, ie hurry-ups, jackpots, etc. Again, not a game breaker for me. Sometimes, not being able to stack in other games pisses me off. For example, in DP, if Berzerker is running you can't start MechSuit until Berzerker is over. This now becomes a time-out situation, killing a low scoring mini-mode to access the higher scoring MB. I don't like being put in any position where doing nothing, for however long, is the best strategy. So I say "stack away". It just needs some clean-up for players to know what all is going on.

Linear modes is probably the most common complaint. It's built into the playfield inserts. You can't start on the top rung of a ladder. However, it isn't as bad as some people make it seem. There's no one with a gun to your head saying "start WBTD". But it is the easiest and safest to start, so I get why people do it. Choosing a riskier, albeit shorter, ladder and missing can put you in jail. Repetition goes hand-in-hand with linearity. Getting to the higher modes takes some doing. You simply can't get to SP without completing three lower modes, assuming you also don't start another ladder accidentally. My wife has never played SP in the year and half we've had the game. Needless to say, she isn't a GB fan.

I certainly don't think the code is the shitshow some people make it out to be, but an update is always welcome.

#634 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

My thinking is in-line, somewhat, with @lpeters82. In a little over a year, I've finished WRTBY twice. And I did them both in the same week...so a lot of games without seeing the wizard mode. AYAG is more of a broken promise than a missing feature IMO. If it weren't on the card, I doubt people would be screaming for another "super" wizard mode.
Unbalanced scoring comes into play mainly on the skill shot. The DCTS video mode scoring is high, but it isn't necessarily out of balance. It's just too easy to get. Pull it from the skill shots and make an activation sequence that is proportionally difficult for the amount of points available. Negative Reinforcement on the other hand needs a boost. Currently, it's never the better choice of video modes. The other main scoring imbalance issue is being able to light 6x multipliers on the skill shot. You still have to activate them, but it can be a for sure game winner if a player can pull that off at the right time. Again, I'm not bent out of shape about it, because it's hard to pull off consistently (unlike the video mode). If you go for the multipliers and miss, you generally get nothing or next to nothing.
Stacking is basically a free-for-all. About the only thing you can't stack is the video mode. It makes for huge scoring opportunities, but it is hard to know exactly which of the small things you have going, ie hurry-ups, jackpots, etc. Again, not a game breaker for me. Sometimes, not being able to stack in other games pisses me off. For example, in DP, if Berzerker is running you can't start MechSuit until Berzerker is over. This now becomes a time-out situation, killing a low scoring mini-mode to access the higher scoring MB. I don't like being put in any position where doing nothing, for however long, is the best strategy. So I say "stack away". It just needs some clean-up for players to know what all is going on.
Linear modes is probably the most common complaint. It's built into the playfield inserts. You can't start on the top rung of a ladder. However, it isn't as bad as some people make it seem. There's no one with a gun to your head saying "start WBTD". But it is the easiest and safest to start, so I get why people do it. Choosing a riskier, albeit shorter, ladder and missing can put you in jail. Repetition goes hand-in-hand with linearity. Getting to the higher modes takes some doing. You simply can't get to SP without completing three lower modes, assuming you also don't start another ladder accidentally. My wife has never played SP in the year and half we've had the game. Needless to say, she isn't a GB fan.
I certainly don't think the code is the shitshow some people make it out to be, but an update is always welcome.

I just want to be able to see the scores during gameplay.

#635 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I just want to be able to see the scores during gameplay.

LOL...yeah, there's that!!

#636 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

My wife has never played SP in the year and half we've had the game. Needless to say, she isn't a GB fan.

As a casual player, I've probably played the SP mode 10 times in about 2 years of ownership... so I get the frustration

#637 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

while asking that question, you than must be part of the 11% happy with the actual code !?

Yea, it doesnt bother me much at all. I can see some room for improvements here or there but even if it didnt happen, I love the GB table...

#638 4 years ago

i understand your feeling here, as i love GB too... but from a "player" perspective, really need more than just some tweaks here & there

let's see/hope than

#639 4 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

i understand your feeling here, as i love GB too... but from a "player" perspective, really need more than just some tweaks here & there
let's see/hope than

I hear ya there. Ghostbusters pinball is in my opinion one of Stern's best games to date due to the original layout, great use of 3D molds to create a world under glass feeling, having multiple interactive toys, unique features, and containing movie assets including actor audio from both films plus custom callouts by one of the films actors. That combination in pinball is extremely rare and may never happen again at Stern. The code is the last sticking point to make the game a masterpiece.

#640 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hear ya there. Ghostbusters pinball is in my opinion one of Stern's best games to date due to the original layout, great use of 3D molds to create a world under glass feeling, having multiple interactive toys, unique features, and containing movie assets including actor audio from both films plus custom callouts by one of the films actors. That combination in pinball is extremely rare and may never happen again at Stern. The code is the last sticking point to make the game a masterpiece.

I totally agree. I have to say this seems to be one of the only games to date (Stern, JJP, or otherwise) that has 100% use of a movie license. From call-outs, to likenesses, music, to everything. Playing this game feels like no restrictions were put on the movie license. It has everything. A true masterpiece from license use, layout, toys, music, callouts, voice actor, and artwork. Updated code will put this game in an elite league of pinball games.

#641 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I 100% agree with this and you didn't even mention that it also has one of Stern's best art packages ever.

#642 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I hate to sound contradictory but "multiple interactive toys"? The only interactive toy on the game is the slimer thing... Am I just not understanding what you're talking about? Love the game though, no arguments there.

Jeff

#643 4 years ago

So over in the JP2 thread there has been a lot of talk about GB and the flipper gap. Apparently Stern has come out and said not only is there the Treudeau gap, but apparently an additional 1/8" was added be accident. Can anyone confirm this? I know a lot of people switched to carrot flippers and that seems to work just fine, however, IMO, the only thing more ridiculous than the look of that gap is the look of goofy carrot flippers.

I've been kicking around the idea of making a router template to lay over the playfield and elongate the flipper holes which would allow the flipper mechs to be mounted lower closing the gap. In doing this the in lane ball guides may need to be stretched too, but those need addressed for air balls anyways. It would be semi reversible as I would just need to move the flipper mechs back to the original holes.

#644 4 years ago

So over in the JP2 thread there has been a lot of talk about GB and the flipper gap. Apparently Stern has come out and said not only is there the Treudeau gap, but apparently an additional 1/8" was added be accident. Can anyone confirm this? I know a lot of people switched to carrot flippers and that seems to work just fine, however, IMO, the only thing more ridiculous than the look of that gap is the look of goofy carrot flippers.
I've been kicking around the idea of making a router template to lay over the playfield and elongate the flipper holes which would allow the flipper mechs to be mounted lower closing the gap. In doing this the in lane ball guides may need to be stretched too, but those need addressed for air balls anyways. It would be semi reversible as I would just need to move the flipper mechs back to the original holes.

The gap sucks but it's part of the game. I wouldn't alter the playfield. You just have to work around it when playing.

#645 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

The gap sucks but it's part of the game. I wouldn't alter the playfield. You just have to work around it when playing.

I agree 100%. Its part of that game that each player has to deal with. I get more bad outlane bonces than SDTM drains. I more of less want to do it as just an exercise and out of curiosity to see if it can be done and what the results would be. I like doing experiments on high ticket items

#646 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffro01:

I hate to sound contradictory but "multiple interactive toys"? The only interactive toy on the game is the slimer thing... Am I just not understanding what you're talking about? Love the game though, no arguments there.
Jeff

Yes, theres slimer but also the ecto goggles, magna slings, and physical ball lock on the premium / LE. All 3 of those items interact with the ball. On all models theres a 3 ball captive ball mech, two drop targets, and standard captive ball. Feature wise there's also two scoops, subway ramp that drops under the playfield, and multiple 3D molds on the premium / LE. Game has a ton going on.

#647 4 years ago

The flipper gap mistake thing started with Rarehero, you'll need to take that up with him.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-announces-star-wars-pinball/page/101#post-3854736

Also, the outlanes are brutal because the slings are steeper than normal, which has a tendency to shoot the ball straight to the outlane. I think this could be fixed with a couple double-wide posts on the bottom of the slingshot triangle. You will probably have to tweak the switch a bit also.

#648 4 years ago

I agree 100%. Its part of that game that each player has to deal with. I get more bad outlane bonces than SDTM drains. I more of less want to do it as just an exercise and out of curiosity to see if it can be done and what the results would be. I like doing experiments on high ticket items

Will be an interesting test, but my guess is that you won’t like the resulting changes to shot angles.

Are you any good with mame? Seems like you could modify the table there first and try it out. A lot of people would probably enjoy trying it out too. Sorry to hijack your idea.

#649 4 years ago
Quoted from sethi_i:

Although I understand linear modes being a complaint, it is one of the things that I hope is *not* changed about the game with the new code. Ghostbusters is an excellent game that is different in how the modes are played.

I think if anything, there should be a few things that you can start other than the modes (perhaps a Scoleri brothers thing, a gear up thing, and a Subway thing?) so you end up with some variety, but if they make it so that you can progress through the scenes in any order, that would make it play a lot like every other game, and would kill the narrative arch that it was clearly set up to tell.

Glad to see it's still being updated. I check in on these threads every few months not really expecting anything, nice to hear it's happening.

#650 4 years ago
Quoted from goatdan:

Although I understand linear modes being a complaint, it is one of the things that I hope is *not* changed about the game with the new code. Ghostbusters is an excellent game that is different in how the modes are played.
I think if anything, there should be a few things that you can start other than the modes (perhaps a Scoleri brothers thing, a gear up thing, and a Subway thing?) so you end up with some variety, but if they make it so that you can progress through the scenes in any order, that would make it play a lot like every other game, and would kill the narrative arch that it was clearly set up to tell.
Glad to see it's still being updated. I check in on these threads every few months not really expecting anything, nice to hear it's happening.

If they make modes selectable, all it will do is change the complaint to "I'm sick of hearing...choose and perish", because everyone will play SP first. I can't believe they would make that extreme change. It would fundamentally change the game, not improve it.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Columbia, MD
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/13?hl=pin_head and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.