(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 32.
#551 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Just got gb. The scoralli brothers drop targets cause a lot of air balls. Is there a fix for that?

My fix was to gently bend the drop target mounting brackets towards the back of the game from underneath the play field. Works great.

#552 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My fix was to turn them off in the settings. They were ill conceived and are annoying as hell.

What are you talking about? Nailing those things to light and cash in that sweet 1 million point super jackpot is pure euphoria.

#553 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Just got gb. The scoralli brothers drop targets cause a lot of air balls. Is there a fix for that?

Nope, that’s a “feature”. Just one of many lol

My condolences.

#554 4 years ago

Game of thrones is getting an update released. Un-fucking-real.

20190712_125649 (resized).jpg20190712_125649 (resized).jpg
#555 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Game of thrones is getting an update released. Un-fucking-real.[quoted image]

Gotta make Bran king...

#556 4 years ago

This is a fucking joke?!! Stern lied once again. And broke their promises. Ghostbuster HAS priority...

#557 4 years ago

And another game jumps GB on the schedule.

#558 4 years ago

saw the game of thrones reveal on facebook and laughed out loud thinking of this thread haha.

#559 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

My fix was to turn them off in the settings. They were ill conceived and are annoying as hell.

I actually like them in that they are a pain in the ass - makes me really want to avoid them appearing, usually punishes me when they do.

#560 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

New GB code next?

#561 4 years ago

Watch him do a Sopranos update out of spite

#562 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

LOL

#563 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Never mind that most distributors have GB stock not going anywhere at all.

#564 4 years ago

evbd with me, and on the beat please :

If there's something weird
And it don't look good
Who you gonna call?

#565 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

And another game jumps GB on the schedule.

GB code is such a steaming mess Stern wanted to focus on the low hanging fruit and fix GOT first. Maybe GOT will be vaulted soon with new cabinet art and the Star Wars topper will be available before we see GB code.

I’d say hang in there, but at 30 months this is getting ridiculous.

#566 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Maybe GOT will be vaulted soon

Already in the works, at least that’s the word on the street.

#567 4 years ago

Dude is such a turd.

20190712_215025 (resized).jpg20190712_215025 (resized).jpg
#568 4 years ago
Quoted from tilted81:

Already in the works, at least that’s the word on the street.

100 unit run of pros is on the line now. No changes to art or anything like that.

#569 4 years ago
Quoted from TreyBo69:

Followed by Wheel of Fortune lol.

#570 4 years ago

These are domestic GOT right? Last batch of premium went overseas.

What are we going to talk about after GB is released ???

#571 4 years ago

The second I saw the GOT code update, I knew this thread was going to get some posts. LOL

#572 4 years ago

Great work Dwight....way to piss off more people.

By the way, since when did anyone care about GOT? They’re sterns softest secondary market selling machine in recent times! I seriously didn’t know anyone gave a crap about it. For the last couple of years, you can go into ANY stern code update post, and I defy you to find a single soul that was as passionate about GOT as we are about GB.

#573 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What are we going to talk about after GB is released ???

ACDC oi mania code fix that we've been waiting a very long time for. Not Dwight, but still ...

#574 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Great work Dwight....way to piss off more people.
By the way, since when did anyone care about GOT? They’re sterns softest secondary market selling machine in recent times! I seriously didn’t know anyone gave a crap about it. For the last couple of years, you can go into ANY stern code update post, and I defy you to find a single soul that was as passionate about GOT as we are about GB.

GOT is super hot right now due to the series ending. It has nothing to do about pinball people and more to do with operators. The answer is everyone cares about GOT.

#575 4 years ago

You all need to sit tight and wait to watch the Dead Flip stream of GOT to get a sense of what kind of effort is potentially going into Ghostbusters. If the GOT update was just a few piddly fixes, I don’t think you’d be seeing Dead Flip make an event out of it.

Also, Dwight’s been working on Spike II games for a while, getting back to Spike I is probably a little different workflow he needs to get used to, let him resharpen the saw on GOT and then totally kick ass on the GB update I say.

Also, who’s to say GOT updates didn’t get done a long time ago and just got stalled during regression testing and fix phases to finally get it out the door now.

Rolling out code later in a products life is a little more sensitive, and requires a lot more testing. You obviously don’t want to rush the update and then discover some condition you missed in testing and suddenly the code is blowing node boards, or breaking scoring, etc.

Also on fattdirk’s point about an IP being hot....GB 3 is currently filming. There will be renewed interest in Ghostbusters for sure over the next year.

#576 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Also on fattdirk’s point about an IP being hot....GB 3 is currently filming. There will be renewed interest in Ghostbusters for sure over the next year.

GOT is not so hot, HBO tanked the last season.

#577 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

You all need to sit tight and wait to watch the Dead Flip stream of GOT to get a sense of what kind of effort is potentially going into Ghostbusters. If the GOT update was just a few piddly fixes, I don’t think you’d be seeing Dead Flip make an event out of it.
Also, Dwight’s been working on Spike II games for a while, getting back to Spike I is probably a little different workflow he needs to get used to, let him resharpen the saw on GOT and then totally kick ass on the GB update I say.
Also, who’s to say GOT updates didn’t get done a long time ago and just got stalled during regression testing and fix phases to finally get it out the door now.
Rolling out code later in a products life is a little more sensitive, and requires a lot more testing. You obviously don’t want to rush the update and then discover some condition you missed in testing and suddenly the code is blowing node boards, or breaking scoring, etc.

Say it..... "Nuclear"

#579 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Yes, but 30 months!

I'm glad Dwight is working on GOT code. I hope the "additional resources" that Stern mentioned in the July Stern of the Union address are other programmers passionate about GB that will want to fix bugs, add an Are You a God wizard mode that is advertised on the game, and expand upon it. I'm just not feeling Dwight's excitement to expand on GB, especially after the Head2Head Pinball podcast interview. Dwight seems like a cool dude but if he's no longer passionate about GB I say it's a blessing for owners that others are working on it.

#580 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

GOT is not so hot, HBO tanked the last season

Agreed. GOT went from the hottest property in the history of television to nothing short of apathy over the final few episodes of the season. It was almost like they wanted to piss off the fan base and hurt the show’s legacy.

On GB, it could be that they don’t have a lot of ideas of what else to do code wise. As GB sits now it reminds of XMen’s second to last code update where all modes would run at the same time and stack up, making the game a “just shoot anything” experience to some extent. I think GB needs to have less things run at the same time to control the movement around the board better and make the modes that are running more exciting. Just my opinion.

#581 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Dude is such a turd.[quoted image]

Lol, way to make it personal. If stern wanted a GB update first they would have assigned Dwight to it. GOT has excellent code in my opinion but it needed a big final polish. This should be good news for GB owners as that means GB is up and stern isnt leaving games behind even if they are long out of production.

#582 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Dude is such a turd.

I get that he is the new Pinside "butt boy" of coding, (Lonnie should buy him a beer for taking the pressure off), but:

1) GoT owners have been waiting for fixes and updates for longer than GB owners.

2) Stern has previously tied code updates into re-runs of their pins, and with GoT just ended and a small run of Pros on the line, makes the most sense from a marketing perspective.

3) The GoT update would indicate that Dwight is finally getting the time to re-visit his previous pins, so now all the bitching just comes off as "waaaaah, I want my pin done first", which is kind of sad.

#583 4 years ago

Regardless of what they were doing and when behind the scenes, you don't promise a code update for 30 months, finally say there are people working on it, and then have the same coder release code for a different game out of the blue.

#584 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Regardless of what they were doing and when behind the scenes, you don't promise a code update for 30 months, finally say there are people working on it, and then have the same coder release code for a different game out of the blue.

I get the frustration, I sold my GB after waiting a long time for an update. Just don't think Dwight deserves all the heat for the delay, or for releasing GoT code updates first. I doubt he has full say and control as to what he works on when. Regardless, personal attacks and name calling are uncalled for imo.

#585 4 years ago

A big code update to a title well past it's release is only good news for all stern owners in general and fantastic news for GOT owners. The most recent examples (Metallica, Aeorosmith, KISS, and now GOT) do show that Stern is putting in substantially more effort to address what was generally considered a big weakness.

Now they just need to fix the piss poor PR communications. There is no excuse for the mismanaging of expectations and not being more transparent to their customers. I have to believe they have lost sales because of this. As a GB owner, I am of course disappointed that the game they have been telling us is next for an update has been YET AGAIN deprioritized behind another title. Dwight comes across quite flippant about the whole thing which puts a lot of people off. I don't think the acidic personal attacks are warranted, but he does need to own that at least.

On the bright side having recently been in the same boat with KISS I know there is hope. The size and quality of that update was shocking and transformed an already fun game into something that much better. It looks like there is a fair chance the GB update will be the same.

The GOT code release stream will be very interesting to watch. I have a feeling they will need to turn off the chat though

#586 4 years ago

LOL,

I can understand people being disappointed by GB code. I sold mine pretty quickly for just that reason. Too linear for me. I do not understand the personal attacks tho. No one knows what the internal priorities for work flow within Stern are except those inside Stern. Personally attacking someone you are looking to get support from does not make sense to me. For example, would you personally attack to a food server prior to getting your food ? Think about it .
Maybe all the personal attacks slowed down some’s Motivation. Go after Stern as a company all you want. Stern management sets the priorities.

I would leave the individual contributors alone in a public forum. Just my two cents. Which is worth just that. .

#587 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

LOL,
I can understand people being disappointed by GB code. I sold mine pretty quickly for just that reason. Too linear for me. I do not understand the personal attacks tho. No one knows what the internal priorities for work flow within Stern are except those inside Stern. Personally attacking someone you are looking to get support from does not make sense to me. For example, would you personally attack to a food server prior to getting your food ? Think about it .
Maybe all the personal attacks slowed down some’s Motivation. Go after Stern as a company all you want. Stern management sets the priorities.
I would leave the individual contributors alone in a public forum. Just my two cents. Which is worth just that. .

Stern has screwed us GB owners around for 30 months now. There has been virtually zero communication on when we may see an update, other than being told it's coming and the goal line being continuously moved for 2.5 years now. Dwight even said on the H2H interview that he doesn't really see many issues with GB. If the lead coder is completely blinded by the pile of crap that the GB code currently is, then no...I don't respect the guy. And no, I don't respect Stern for they way they have handled the last 30 months of lies. Many of us have emailed and contacted Stern through multiple channels now, and it has been radio silence all along. Why even publish a SOTU code schedule when it's pretty obvious that you never come close to following it?

#588 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stern has screwed us GB owners around for 30 months now. There has been virtually zero communication on when we may see an update, other than being told it's coming and the goal line being continuously moved for 2.5 years now. Dwight even said on the H2H interview that he doesn't really see many issues with GB. If the lead coder is completely blinded by the pile of crap that the GB code currently is, then no...I don't respect the guy. And no, I don't respect Stern for they way they have handled the last 30 months of lies. Many of us have emailed and contacted Stern through multiple channels now, and it has been radio silence all along. Why even publish a SOTU code schedule when it's pretty obvious that you never come close to following it?

Never understand why some of you dont just sell the game if you are unhappy with it. Why spend 30 months making yourself miserable emailing stern, posting on pinside, and calling people names over a game you clearly hate at this point. Couldn't that have been 30 months spent playing a game you do enjoy instead?

#589 4 years ago

Is there an over under, or a way to gamble on this?
We need a bookie to take bets on the day the code gets updated.

#590 4 years ago

This IS the place to bitch about this code.
I respect all the comments and understand the complaints.
What I get bothered by is the people that feel the need to blast on EVERY post Stern makes about code. (GoT code, any other code update)
Duck YOU!!
You guys ruin any fun or excitement about anything else.
Like pissy children in the back seat, “are we there yet!, are we there yet!, are we there yet!!!!!”
Give it a fucking rest, I get it, you want to annoy Stern. But all you do now is annoy fellow pinball lovers, and look petty.
They have conceded and communicated that it is happening, stop shitting on everything, you point has been made.
Peace, I feel better.

#591 4 years ago
Quoted from DNO:

This IS the place to bitch about this code.
I respect all the comments and understand the complaints.
What I get bothered by is the people that feel the need to blast on EVERY post Stern makes about code. (GoT code, any other code update)
Duck YOU!!
You guys ruin any fun or excitement about anything else.
Like pissy children in the back seat, “are we there yet!, are we there yet!, are we there yet!!!!!”
Give it a fucking rest, I get it, you want to annoy Stern. But all you do now is annoy fellow pinball lovers, and look petty.
They have conceded and communicated that it is happening, stop shitting on everything, you point has been made.
Peace, I feel better.

Look at this guy with PTSD over GB code comments...

#592 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Look at this guy with PTSD over GB code comments...

lol, i'll b ok.
just tired of this flowing over into anything Stern does.
but rage on....

#593 4 years ago

Sorry but if the shoe fits! again I will say I would never ever treat my customers the way stern treats me (just speaking for myself)
I bought a high priced game in my book with the expectation that the pin will be a finished product. Which it is not, get very limited communication
Blah blah ! Im tried I’m going to bed! Fail stern!

#594 4 years ago

Dwight mentioned in the GOT stream tonight that GB code is being worked on by him and top men. Said it was an even bigger update than GOT. And if you watched the GOT stream, that update is massive.

So expect massiver. Haha

#595 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

GB code is being worked on by him and top men.

The last time somebody said something was being worked on by "Top Men", the item supposedly being worked on was put into a crate and stuck in a warehouse.

giphy-1 (resized).pnggiphy-1 (resized).pnggiphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#596 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Dwight mentioned in the GOT stream tonight that GB code is being worked on by him and top men. Said it was an even bigger update than GOT. And if you watched the GOT stream, that update is massive.
So expect massiver. Haha

That sounds great but then I remember how they've been lying about the update for 2 and a half years, so I'm not believing anything until I see it.

#597 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

So expect massiver. Haha

Thanks for the information! Looking forward to the update. The wait has sucked for sure but I have a feeling Stern is going to deliver a great update for GB owners.

#598 4 years ago

Video below of Dwight talking the Ghostbusters code update and how its an even larger update then the GOT update that is in itself a large update! Dwight seems pretty pumped for it.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/453279905?t=00h03m20s

c92c1345-3ea9-41ae-883b-ac7e5ebca0d3_text.gifc92c1345-3ea9-41ae-883b-ac7e5ebca0d3_text.gif

#599 4 years ago

Well, I guess I can be optimistic again for another month or two.

#600 4 years ago

Seeing the GOT update makes me optimistic that the GB update will be great.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Denver, CO
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Pleasant, WI
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/12?hl=midway-man and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.