(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.
#501 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Theres a huge, some would even say epic, 30th month anniversary coming up for Ghostbusters code! This is going to be big.
[quoted image]

Is this a graphic from when they had BM66 at Expo? Either way, has GB even been updated since then?

#502 4 years ago

Last GB update was Jan 2017. Batman 66 came out Dec 2016. so its close!

#503 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

Is this a graphic from when they had BM66 at Expo? Either way, has GB even been updated since then?

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Last GB update was Jan 2017. Batman 66 came out Dec 2016. so its close!

Yes it is. Stern can now use it again lol.

Stern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpegStern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpeg

#504 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

30th Month Anniversary of the Last GB code update!

#505 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

[quoted image]

Wait is it really 30 mth anniversary since last gb update and that's a true stern graphic that they just released? That would be very promising

#506 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Wait is it really 30 mth anniversary since last gb update and that's a true stern graphic that they just released? That would be very promising

I was just messing around.

#507 4 years ago

any monthly stern announcements lately? Still hoping for code update.

#508 4 years ago
Quoted from Gost2dp:

any monthly stern announcements lately? Still hoping for code update.

It's been in the monthly "Stern of the Union" for 29 months. According to that, it's coming and still on schedule...

#509 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

It's been in the monthly "Stern of the Union" for about a year and a half now. According to that, it's coming and still on schedule...

#510 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

It's been in the monthly "Stern of the Union" for 29 months. According to that, it's coming and still on schedule...

Just to be specific, they say it’s in the schedule, not that it’s on schedule...

#511 4 years ago
Quoted from Zzap:

Just to be specific, they say it’s in the schedule, not that it’s on schedule...

I think the wording has changed over time. It used to say it’s on schedule, now it says that’s it’s on the schedule. Neither one is convincing at this point, so it doesn’t matter what the monthly thing says, only what version my game has. I don’t believe it until it happens, which is a bummer.

#512 4 years ago

As long as the coding is taking, I'm looking forward to a much better product and game play when it's finally released. Heck, this pin could be a top 20 pin if it's done right.

#513 4 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Head:

As long as the coding is taking, I'm looking forward to a much better product and game play when it's finally released.

I have a feeling that you are going to be disappointed. I will be shocked if we get a huge code update. It will probably just be a few small things and thats it. They arent even making this title anymore so i dont see any incentive for them to work real hard on a new code for this game. I hope im wrong but i doubt that i am.

#514 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

I have a feeling that you are going to be disappointed. I will be shocked if we get a huge code update. It will probably just be a few small things and thats it. They arent even making this title anymore so i dont see any incentive for them to work real hard on a new code for this game. I hope im wrong but i doubt that i am.

Yeah bit worried about that too. Stern did deliver with a huge KISS update even though that game was well out of production. Hoping the same happens for Ghostbusters.

#515 4 years ago
Quoted from Who-Dey:

Ghostbusters is still being made...they had a batch on the line within the last month or two.

#516 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Ghostbusters is still being made...they had a batch on the line within the last month or two.

Thats interesting. I cant imagine that they are still selling very many of them.

#517 4 years ago

I'm getting to that point where I'm starting to think about what to get for my next game, but I want to see how this code situation pans out. I still can't believe Stern has let a game as big as Ghostbusters end production with unfinished code. I feel like I'd have to be crazy to buy another Stern if they don't deliver after all this time.

#518 4 years ago

its a bit strange, but surelly that's the point : they're still building/selling them as it, than why would they need to update the code !?

#519 4 years ago

Australia is getting a batch of Premium's in July so they must of made those in the last 1-2 months.

#520 4 years ago

Joke/Irony:

Next code update came when Stern relaunching Ghostbusters VE

#521 4 years ago
Quoted from hesiro:

Joke/Irony:
Next code update came when Stern relaunching Ghostbusters VE

Star Trek got a code update with its Vault release, so it's totally plausible!

#522 4 years ago

So. I think Pinside would literally explode if the next Stern of the Union completely stops mentioning GB code update still on schedule.

#523 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So. I think Pinside would literally explode if the next Stern of the Union completely stops mentioning GB code update still on schedule.

And what would happen if pinside [figuratively] explodes? It's not like the months of people saying they're done buying NIB games from Stern has done anything.

#524 4 years ago

Don’t think you should worry about GB slipping off the newsletter. If Stern was ready to pull the plug on GB code, they would release a final update with minor bug fixes and announce it in Stern of the union. Grappling with what impediments there are besides brain power and elbow grease. My guess is the task of completing GB code keeps getting passed around from person to person and that the parameters are unclear. A Stern programmer makes progress but is pulled off and the task is reassigned. Repeat five or six times and suddenly it is July 2019.

There some structural problems with the current approach, bugs are everywhere, the final wizard mode is missing and lots of polishing will be required. GB code needs a Project Manager assigned and for an approach and schedule to be developed. I’d be happy if Stern of the Union let us know who this person was and committed to releasing it in 2019. Let’s get this one knocked out and put a big red bow on it before Christmas.

GB would be a good title to vault, or to just keep running on the line. If code was radically different or significantly better as a result of Stern’s efforts, demand would increase. Stern would benefit from new sales and increased goodwill from existing customers. Everybody wins.

#525 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Don’t think you should worry about GB slipping off the newsletter. If Stern was ready to pull the plug on GB code, they would release a final update with minor bug fixes and announce it in Stern of the union. Grappling with what impediments there are besides brain power and elbow grease. My guess is the task of completing GB code keeps getting passed around from person to person and that the parameters are unclear. A Stern programmer makes progress but is pulled off and the task is reassigned. Repeat five or six times and suddenly it is July 2019.
There some structural problems with the current approach, bugs are everywhere, the final wizard mode is missing and lots of polishing will be required. GB code needs a Project Manager assigned and for an approach and schedule to be developed. I’d be happy if Stern of the Union let us know who this person was and committed to releasing it in 2019. Let’s get this one knocked out and put a big red bow on it before Christmas.
GB would be a good title to vault, or to just keep running on the line. If code was radically different or significantly better as a result of Stern’s efforts, demand would increase. Stern would benefit from new sales and increased goodwill from existing customers. Everybody wins.

They should move the flippers closer together and convert the game into Spike2 with movie clips, etc. It would be one of their best games of all time.

#526 4 years ago

we've just found the new guy who was reworking the code...

jeudupendufb (resized).jpgjeudupendufb (resized).jpg

#527 4 years ago

Get back to work.

8DF38C5F-58D3-4924-A06C-10E657FA6732.gif8DF38C5F-58D3-4924-A06C-10E657FA6732.gif

#528 4 years ago

Question- Are the flippers suppose to randomly stop responding during multi-ball? Is that part of the mode? Played one this weekend and that happened, was disconcerting.

#529 4 years ago

they do not quit working.........they reverse.........right button left flipper........left button right flipper

#530 4 years ago
Quoted from zerbam:

they do not quit working.........they reverse.........right button left flipper........left button right flipper

ah, thank you! I'm giving some thought to buying one, it was a fun first experience playing.

#531 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

ah, thank you! I'm giving some thought to buying one, it was a fun first experience playing.

pay attention ! this change every time you hit the captive ball...

and this is in the wish list : a setup choice to have this NOT changing every time by default, reverse is nice if it remain reverse during all the mode

#532 4 years ago

The latest Special When Lit podcast(June 30) has Dwight as a guest. They were joking about killing him off GoT style, and he said they cant kill him because then he would never be able to finish the GB code.

#533 4 years ago
Quoted from JRay23:

The latest Special When Lit podcast(June 30) has Dwight as a guest. They were joking about killing him off GoT style, and he said they cant kill him because then he would never be able to finish the GB code.

Lol, that is a good sign. I hope Dwight has already started working on the update versus it not being touched at this point.

#534 4 years ago

30 months! Woo-hoo!

#535 4 years ago

This is promising. Cmon Stern knock it out of the park!

88EB9FF4-9479-4782-B1D0-467E2D90A180 (resized).png88EB9FF4-9479-4782-B1D0-467E2D90A180 (resized).png
#536 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

This is promising. Cmon Stern knock it out of the park![quoted image]

That sounds like good news. I wish they would give more details though.

#537 4 years ago

Wow, great news and a perfect way to "celebrate" the 30 month code delay anniversary Glad to hear more resources have been put on the code update!

Capture (resized).JPGCapture (resized).JPG
61Ta6EtKDpL._SX466_ (resized).jpg61Ta6EtKDpL._SX466_ (resized).jpg

#538 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

This is promising. Cmon Stern knock it out of the park![quoted image]

It’s a step in the right direction. Or, it was time for a verbiage change lol

#539 4 years ago

Hopefully it just isn't verbal gymnastics to stall. Technically if you have $0 allocated and then allocated a can of Shasta, it is an increase of resources.

#540 4 years ago
Quoted from captainadam_21:

Hopefully it just isn't verbal gymnastics to stall. Technically if you have $0 allocated and then allocated a can of Shasta, it is an increase of resources.

Honestly, all I'm reading into this is that there are currently resources allocated to Ghostbusters code. I'm happy with that.

#541 4 years ago

+1

#542 4 years ago

Yeah... I'm hoping for the best but I work for a software company and I feel like if we told this to customers it wouldn't mean anything other than stop bothering us. I never take anything seriously unless there are actual details.

#543 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Yeah... I'm hoping for the best but I work for a software company and I feel like if we told this to customers it wouldn't mean anything other than stop bothering us. I never take anything seriously unless there are actual details.

maybe we can get some names ...

#544 4 years ago

maybe we can get some names ...

If it were me I would not want that public. Some of these guys go to shows and the last thing I'd want is to be asked "how's that GB update going?" every time I enter a room. I would also like to know, but it would not likely be a good thing for that to be known until after it's done.

I saw a guy giving Lyman some bug fixes and suggestions at Pinburgh one year. Day 2 and he's trying to get his A division bank started. The other guys in his group had to ask the guy to let them get started. Time and place is something that is lost on some. Not talking about you Jeff, just a general statement.

#545 4 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

If it were me I would not want that public. Some of these guys go to shows and the last thing I'd want is to be asked "how's that GB update going?" every time I enter a room. I would also like to know, but it would not likely be a good thing for that to be known until after it's done.
I saw a guy giving Lyman some bug fixes and suggestions at Pinburgh one year. Day 2 and he's trying to get his A division bank started. The other guys in his group had to ask the guy to let them get started. Time and place is something that is lost on some. Not talking about you Jeff, just a general statement.

I'm not sure I agree with this assessment but even so, Stern could say "We have X people on it full time and anticipate a release in X month with the following major fixes and features..."

Every software company has at least that much information on any project, even if it's just tentative.

#546 4 years ago

i agree with you seenev. stern should say something that has value to it. if you start with telling the truth people will understand if the schedule slip. you start with half truths, lies, misinformation or marketing talk and the hate will never end.

#547 4 years ago

Just got gb. The scoralli brothers drop targets cause a lot of air balls. Is there a fix for that?

#548 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Just got gb. The scoralli brothers drop targets cause a lot of air balls. Is there a fix for that?

yes... selling the pin

ok, its a bad joke (as i like GB)
than no real fix (some may talk about the spring)
best way to avoid this (and its safer in gameplay) is to shoot them on backhands only

#549 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

You might could install a washer between the mounting bracket and playfield, on the front side (facing flippers). If there's enough hole clearance, you might can get the target leaning slightly forward. That may reduce the air balls. You may have to fiddle with it a bit.

#550 4 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

My fix was to turn them off in the settings. They were ill conceived and are annoying as hell.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 49.99
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/11?hl=alby and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.