(Topic ID: 226036)

#Where's the code? Ghostbusters Code Wish List, CODE UPDATE RELEASED!

By PanzerFreak

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,580 posts
  • 268 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by skquinn
  • Topic is favorited by 40 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you happy with the code support Ghostbusters has received?”

• Yes 99 votes
    31%
  • No 219 votes
    69%

(318 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20191012-233218 (resized).png
80781E57-3C30-4129-B2E5-C7CD8539FE94 (resized).jpeg
C8D5780F-018B-4292-B792-AFCD7B4FCC3F (resized).jpeg
20191003_123529 (resized).jpg
Capture (resized).JPG
B06DDC07-7DA3-4AF6-A103-99A73C34ACCF (resized).jpeg
20190927_082932 (resized).jpg
5E8525F9-094C-4C14-B5E2-11E7F65EE381 (resized).jpeg
20190926_212443 (resized).jpg
20190926_224857 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190926_2039082 (resized).jpg
20190926_183351 (resized).jpg
F29A168A-394D-4936-879D-755C06FCBAC1 (resized).jpeg
breaking-news (resized).png
08846C20-59DC-4FCF-912C-5F2DB3D3A637 (resized).jpeg
20190926_164802 (resized).jpg
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 32.
#451 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If there coffee does get greatly improved I will buy another. ...

What kind of java beans are they serving at Stern HQ? Did you ask for top shelf?

#452 4 years ago

I just don't understand why it has to be such a big secret. Why not just say..."hey we hear you guys, we have an epic update coming but we are ensuring we get it right before we release it...we anticipate releasing it in _____ 2019."

#453 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I just don't understand why it has to be such a big secret. Why not just say..."hey we hear you guys, we have an epic update coming but we are ensuring we get it right before we release it...we anticipate releasing it in ____ 2019."

They would actually have to start working on the update to be able to put an estimated date on when it will be finished.

#454 4 years ago

Where's the library insert?

#455 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I love everything about it except code and layout

If you ignore code and layout - what's left? You like the artwork?

#456 4 years ago

I think the layout is fine. After getting mine dialed in I've found cheap drains to be pretty rare. The code really shows its weakness when you have it at home and you play it a lot. I think it could be a top 5 game, but I would have a hard time recommending it just because it feels unfinished with the code.

#457 4 years ago
Quoted from WJxxxx:

If you ignore code and layout - what's left? You like the artwork?

haha - yeah that's a good point so maybe it's not really the layout but mostly code. Art, music, effects, etc they're all great and not always a given from stern.

#458 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Where's the library insert?

Librarian actually.

8b039e427e6e5497ccd053101ec1826403f77323 (resized).jpg8b039e427e6e5497ccd053101ec1826403f77323 (resized).jpg
#459 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, no one should ever buy new releases from Stern?

Exactly. I haven't since I bought STLE & someone at Stern told me "who cares, we have your money" when I inquired about a game feature not having any function....and never will again.

Quoted from Allibaster:

You make it sound like this whole issue is the customer's fault.

At this point, if you're on this site & pay attention to things, yes, it is the customer's fault. Games launching untested and unfinished IS WHAT STERN DOES.

#460 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Librarian actually.[quoted image]

What's it supposed to do?

#461 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

What's it supposed to do?

Perhaps someone from Stern could answer the question.

#462 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Bahaha your kidding yourself if you think $tern would answer to any question truthfully.

#463 4 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

So, no one should ever buy new releases from Stern? You make it sound like this whole issue is the customer's fault.

You act surprised. Only reason some of dwight games actually shine via code is due to the support/efforts from other team members.

#464 4 years ago

I own a GB PRO and I agree it needs a major update. But to give Dwight some credit, my GOT Prem was pretty fun and pretty complete from day 1. Still needs a polish and maybe update to current seasons but it’s a great game with deep code. So Dwight can do it and once he does with GB it will be a classic.

#465 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

So then what's the issue ? I don't understand. If it doesn't have a purpose why would it light?

#466 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

So then what's the issue ? I don't understand. If it doesn't have a purpose why would it light?

It's an insert that does nothing. Stern shouldn't have put it on the game if it was intended to serve no purpose.

#467 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It's an insert that does nothing. Stern shouldn't have put it on the game if it was intended to serve no purpose.

Maybe it lights during wizard mode? Have you beat the game?

#468 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Are you talking about the advertised wizard mode they never coded?

#469 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Unfortunately it does not and theres also no way to currently beat the game as Are You a God mode doesn't exist.

#470 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

All the pieces for a masterpiece game are there expect for polished and deep code. Ghostbusters premium / LE is probably Stern's most loaded game to date, it seemed like they threw everything at it...expect proper code support. The bugs mentioned here, adding an "Are You a God" super wizard mode, adding a basic Slimer multiball, making the librarian insert actually do something, balancing scoring and polishing the code will make Ghostbusters one of the best pins of all time in my opinion. The ball is in Stern's court, the problem is they have now held the ball for nearly 2 1/2 years...

To be clear, I love the shit out of this game and would love it to be the most polished thing of all-time, but the game has plenty of "code support" and depth in the rules and modes we have currently in v1.13. Also:

* The librarian insert lights up at the end of "Back Off Man!", there are no unused inserts on GB.
* Balanced scoring would be nice to have but doesn't make the game incomplete.
* A Slimer multiball is something made up and would be nice to have but doesn't make the game incomplete. The game already has 4 multiballs!
* Which leaves us with a super wizard mode. I know it is mentioned in the settings menus and on the rules card. You can't claim it would add very much depth to the game though when you consider how rare the normal wizard mode is.

#471 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

theres also no way to currently beat the game as Are You a God mode doesn't exist.

Sure there is. You get to the wizard mode that exists by beating all 9 movie scenes. Pretty challenging and satisfying IMO!

I mean this nicely... you should stop being so melodramatic. It makes your posts hard to take seriously and there is plenty to complain about without making things up like "false advertising" and "unused inserts." Makes me wonder if you have actually completed all 9 scenes if you didn't know the Librarian insert lights up

#472 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Sure there is. You get to the wizard mode that exists by beating all 9 movie scenes. Pretty challenging and satisfying IMO!
I mean this nicely... you should stop being so melodramatic. It makes your posts hard to take seriously and there is plenty to complain about without making things up like "false advertising" and "unused inserts." Makes me wonder if you have actually completed all 9 scenes if you didn't know the Librarian insert lights up

It is false advertising. Are You a God is on the instruction card and still isn't in the game years later. Supposedly theres even a setting for it in the menu. That mode is supposed to be the final wizard mode for the game with the way its advertised.

Also, just having an insert light randomly for no reason at the end of the mode does nothing. I mean this nicely but it sure sounds like you are settling. For $5k - $9k owners deserve to have the games code properly completed.

#473 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, just having an insert light randomly for no reason at the end of the mode does nothing.

So after you complete the modes, and the librarian insert lights up, I assume you would try to hit the scoop shot to collect, correct? So if you hit the scoop when its lit, it does not reward anything at that point?

#474 4 years ago

easy (lazy) coding for LIBRARIAN insert could be : cards video mode
and than having the dont cross the scream video mode on the other scoop

#475 4 years ago

IF code receives an overhaul (29 months and counting and unsure it will come) and IF significant changes are made to the rule structure, Ghostbusters COULD BECOME a brand new game. I can imagine GB vault being run and the game being promoted.

I’ve read a handful of good ideas lately that should be evaluated and implemented by some crafty software programmers at Stern. There are many long standing ideas in the we want code thread that are promising too. Stern could come out smelling like roses if they revised and polished the code while offering GB vault pros and premiums for sale again.

#476 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It is false advertising. Are You a God is on the instruction card and still isn't in the game years later. Supposedly theres even a setting for it in the menu. That mode is supposed to be the final wizard mode for the game with the way its advertised.

You knew this when you bought it. Also there’s no way anyone could ever get to a wizard mode since the only mode in the game is “Who Brought The Dog, Airball, Drain”.

#477 4 years ago

“Who Brought The Dog, Airball, Drain”
Dang it, I almost fell of my chair.

#478 4 years ago

Since we're wishing for things that will never happen, I'd love to be able to skip some of the video animations like ball lock and extra ball.

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It is false advertising. Are You a God is on the instruction card and still isn't in the game years later.

So the tiny paper 3x5 instruction card is "advertising" for a pinball machine to you. That is silly, but OK. Literally zero people who bought this game did so because of something they saw on the instruction card. It would be lovely to have AYAG added, but to claim that it makes the game not worth the money is complete nonsense.

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Also, just having an insert light randomly for no reason at the end of the mode does nothing.

You are moving the goalposts and continuing to make stuff up. First you said the insert didn't light up at all and now it lights "randomly"... and even that is incorrect! The insert doesn't light randomly, it lights because you are completing the movie mode where you sneak up on the librarian ghost. So the librarian insert lights up.

#480 4 years ago
Quoted from seenev:

Since we're wishing for things that will never happen, I'd love to be able to skip some of the video animations like ball lock and extra ball.

You can do that now by going into the menus and turning on "Abbreviated Choreography."

A lot of mode animations can be cancelled the old school way of hitting both flipper buttons as well.

#481 4 years ago
Quoted from Willy39:

So after you complete the modes, and the librarian insert lights up, I assume you would try to hit the scoop shot to collect, correct? So if you hit the scoop when its lit, it does not reward anything at that point?

It does. It completes the mode and rewards you a jackpot and also lights the mini-wizard mode to start.

OP either doesn't own this game and doesn't play it or is a troll. He has been making stuff up for a while now.

#482 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

You can do that now by going into the menus and turning on "Abbreviated Choreography."
A lot of mode animations can be cancelled the old school way of hitting both flipper buttons as well.

Quoted from tpir:

I mean with the flipper buttons. I want it to be on for other people but to be able to skip it without having to go into the settings every game.

#483 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

It does. It completes the mode and rewards you a jackpot

did i missed that than ?
as yes, i've done it to WARTBY...

anyway, that doesnt change what i think about GB code, and pity because as lot of others, i think this game could be at the top for sure

#484 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

It does. It completes the mode and rewards you a jackpot and also lights the mini-wizard mode to start.
OP either doesn't own this game and doesn't play it or is a troll. He has been making stuff up for a while now.

George Gomez at Expo 18 refers to the librarian insert and says it should do something! Is he making up stuff too? If you think the insert lighting up once for one mode is enough I think your expectations are too low.

Now you are insulting me and are telling lies. Yes I own the game, bought a NIB premium.

Here ya go.

#485 4 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Also there’s no way anyone could ever get to a wizard mode since the only mode in the game is “Who Brought The Dog, Airball, Drain”.

Here we go again...tired argument followed by tired response..."WGO-HSM-TB-WCWS / SL-BOM-WCWS, protectors, play better"

#486 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Don't bother trying to apply logic here. The complaints are so weak compared to the crying. I dont think you'll get anywhere.

#487 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Don't bother trying to apply logic here. The complaints are so weak compared to the crying. I dont think you'll get anywhere.

I have to disagree I hope Stern updates the code I ended up getting rid of my GB within a month of owning as I just got tired of the code. It was just terrible to use for friendly competition games with friends every one would just play the dumb video mode or play the same repetitive modes which was Spook librarian Back off man and go right into we came we saw and we kicked it's ass or just play the right loop ladder. I just hope to see in the new code more of a balanced scoring making all the modes balanced scoring wise and nerf the video mode it's way too valuable.

#488 4 years ago
Quoted from BrewersArcade:

I just don't understand why it has to be such a big secret. Why not just say..."hey we hear you guys, we have an epic update coming but we are ensuring we get it right before we release it...we anticipate releasing it in ____ 2019."

The same reason it's a "big secret" when the rollercoaster is going to be running again. It makes zero sense to make promises you aren't sure you can keep, even if you have an idea.

#489 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The same reason it's a "big secret" when the rollercoaster is going to be running again. It makes zero sense to make promises you aren't sure you can keep, even if you have an idea.

After 29 months of promising an update, it's time to give a release date and keep it. If they had never promised another update it would be one thing and we could all just consider the game to have permanent flaws, but 29 months of empty promises is even worse in my opinion. It's adding insult to injury.

#490 4 years ago

I just wish Stern could get everyone on the same page. If there is an update coming, don't have the lead programmer saying he considers the code finished. If there is no update coming, don't have your marketing person say there is an update coming.

#491 4 years ago

I wish Stern would stop saying anything to the public, because it just makes people bitch about empty “promises” and shove any simple comment back down Sterns throat.
Prolly just a matter of time, any post they make now just gets shit on with GB code enforcement. So tiring.

#492 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I have to disagree I hope Stern updates the code I ended up getting rid of my GB within a month of owning as I just got tired of the code. It was just terrible to use for friendly competition games with friends every one would just play the dumb video mode or play the same repetitive modes which was Spook librarian Back off man and go right into we came we saw and we kicked it's ass or just play the right loop ladder. I just hope to see in the new code more of a balanced scoring making all the modes balanced scoring wise and nerf the video mode it's way too valuable.

I agree it sucks as a competition game due to the video mode points being way high. In league we just have a gentleman's agreement not to go for it. My point is that the level of crying on this thread makes it sound like the game is worthless and unplayable (Which is it for low skill players due to geometry). You did exactly what I suggested. Sell the machine and move on if you don't like it. I did the same with Guardians; I found the game to be horrible at best codewise.

I do think Stern is being an absolute turd by promising an update and not following thru. It's almost worse than when they used to tell us nothing at all.

Fingers crossed we get an update soon. I want to see that librarian insert lit up in all it's glory!!

#493 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

So the tiny paper 3x5 instruction card is "advertising" for a pinball machine to you. That is silly, but OK.

If the tiny paper stuck on the inside of the window of my new car says it has heated seats, it better damn well have heated seats.

#494 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I agree it sucks as a competition game due to the video mode points being way high. In league we just have a gentleman's agreement not to go for it. My point is that the level of crying on this thread makes it sound like the game is worthless and unplayable (Which is it for low skill players due to geometry). You did exactly what I suggested. Sell the machine and move on if you don't like it. I did the same with Guardians; I found the game to be horrible at best codewise.
I do think Stern is being an absolute turd by promising an update and not following thru. It's almost worse than when they used to tell us nothing at all.
Fingers crossed we get an update soon. I want to see that librarian insert lit up in all it's glory!!

I'm coming over to your league to play some video modes!

#495 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I'm coming over to your league to play some video modes!

You should. I'll hook you up with a poster.

Screenshot_20190610-170733.pngScreenshot_20190610-170733.png
#496 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

You should. I'll hook you up with a poster.[quoted image]

That's a pretty cool design Matt you should use that design for some T Shirts.

#497 4 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Guardians became pretty darn fun in the last code update... How long ago did you sell it? I don't really care much for the theme, but I have a great time playing it.

#498 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Guardians became pretty darn fun in the last code update... How long ago did you sell it? I don't really care much for the theme, but I have a great time playing it.

Awhile ago. I hated the movie clips playing over the generic hit the lit arrow shots. The game had no soul. If you didn't finish the movie clip would just replay. I just found it so dull. I got it at the same time as dead pool which is no comparison as to the world under glass feel.

1 week later
#499 4 years ago

Theres a huge, some would even say epic, 30th month anniversary coming up for Ghostbusters code not being updated. This is going to be big.

Stern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpegStern-Epic-30th-Anniversary (resized).jpeg

#500 4 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Theres a huge, some would even say epic, 30th month anniversary coming up for Ghostbusters code! This is going to be big.
[quoted image]

This year is also the 30th anniversary of Ghostbusters 2. Code update confirmed!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Shorewood, WI
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

15,699 (OBO)
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 103.00
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list-1/page/10?hl=stosel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.