Linked Games

Topic poll

“Are you a God?”

• Yes 43 votes
    68%
  • No 20 votes
    32%

(63 votes)

There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 6 years ago

Stern recently posted in their "Stern of the Union" address that a final code update for Ghostbusters will be worked on once Star Wars is finished.

What would you like to see added / fixed in the game for the final update? We know Stern reads Pinside so this is our chance to voice our opinion.

Bugs in 1.13 can be found in the thread below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-v113-bugs-and-features

Two items, well modes, that I would like to see added to the game are "Are you a God" as the games final wizard mode and a mode dedicated to Slimer, a Slimer multiball.

Are you a God as the games final wizard mode is a must. There's an entry for it the games menu already and it's one of the best scenes in the entire film. It would be a shame not to have it represented in the game.

A multiball for Slimer would be great to have in the game as well as Slimer is the main toy on both the pro and premium / LE. Perhaps a player has to find Slimer by hitting certain shots and then once X number are hit you bash him when he comes down. There could be multiple stages to this mode that get progressively harder.

*On the premium model it would be great to see Slimer move to a shot and then require a shot at the spot he's at before he moves again.

Some other items that I would like to see added are more callouts from both films. I also heard that one or both of the games two existing wizard modes are lacking content / rules?

What else would you like to see added, changed fixed?

#2 6 years ago

Don't own a GB, but i would strongly consider it with some more code work. Aside from the aforementioned AYAG mode that needs including, i think it would really benefit from some additional mode randomization. I thought these were great ideas from the club thread:

Quoted from 30FathomDave:

Agreed. My suggestion was to randomize the modes EXCEPT the final mode of each ladder. So WBTD, Spook Central, and Gozer would all have to be defeated before Stay Puft... just not necessarily in that order.

Quoted from swinks:

wondering if another idea for the modes to get around the linear option is for modes to be offered in the order of the ball in play.
so hit ghost and then slimer to be offered regardless of what has NOT been completed at the beginning of the ladder:
ball 1 - Spooked librarian, We got one, Who brought the dog
ball 2 - Back off man, He slimed me, Spooked central
ball 3 - Librarian, The ballroom, Gozer the Gozerian
Scenario 1 - is if you have a crap ball one, you are offered a different mode for ball 2 etc = mixes it up for players and changes the strategy a little.
Scenario 2 - if you complete say mode 2 and 3 of a particular ladder in those balls (2 & 3) the lesser non finished mode is offered as the next to be played in ball 3 for eg.
Scenario 3 - Stay Puft still has to be earned after completing the 3 modes on the rhs ladder.
Scenario 4 - on completing a mode still keep the flashing option of all 3 ladders of that ball, or then the lesser then the higher - depends what has been completed.
so still linear in a way to play the end of ladder modes like "we came, we saw" but with a little variety and allows a player to experience some of the more higher levels and maybe a bonus can be given if you complete the modes in order like spelling FILM in CFTBL

I understand this is very unlikely to happen, but it would be a huge improvement, imo. As is, it just seems far too repetitious for a casual player, even when you know what you're doing.

#3 6 years ago

I hope something happens with the unused librarian insert. I would like to see the annoying "flashing for no reason" red inserts at the bottom used for something like a reverse flipper indicator.

#4 6 years ago

Maybe more lightbar topper integration? I haven't bought it yet, just going by videos I've seen.

#5 6 years ago

- The red flashers in the outlanes becoming a virtual outlane save. (this game is hard enough, it could use outlane saves.)
- Light outlanes from bumper rewards
- Light outlanes from Tobins spirit guide
- Light outlanes from successful tiers of 'Negative re-enforcement'

- Negative re-enforcement needs tiers of rewards in addition to points to make it a viable option again.
- 3 cards, light left outlane
- 5 cards light right outlane
- 7 cards light 2x Multiplier
- 9 cards light 3x multiplier
- 10 cards light extra ball.

- Librarian insert used for something.
- Librarian insert randomly strobes. If you hit the scoop while strobe-ing, it makes the spinner X10 for a time.
- Bumpers and 'spirit guide' light librarian randomly, if you scoop librarian again, you can do 'spooked librarian' mode immediately (even if it was already accomplished)

- clearer instructions on Marshmallow Man explaining how to get multipliers.

- Don't start the hurry up time early when you 'double flip' on spook central

- Remove reverse flippers on 'Mass Hysteria', or leave them reversed the whole time. The switching is just frustrating.

- When completing a mode's final shot that also starts Storage Facility, start the next mode as well, or have modes ready when MB ends.

- PKE skill shot should be changed to (Light outlane saves) (Light Multipliers) (+3M Jackpot value)

- Make 'Light Multipliers' on the captive ball lit from Ball one. only require the PKE standups for all future light ups.

- Increase 'River of Slime' reward value

- Increase spinner reward Value, at the very least raise the cap on spinner level. It's a hard shot and has very little reward.

- Fix the current wizard mode, include 'are you a god' mode as well.

- Woulden't mind alternate call outs to the start of modes. "WE GOT ONE!" is starting to give me a nervous twitch in my left eye.

#6 6 years ago

Lets add more animation to the ecto goggles and maybe a ecto goggles multiball mode.

#7 6 years ago

The collecting of gear is pretty worthless. Would be fun if that had some relevance too.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from soapblox:

The collecting of gear is pretty worthless. Would be fun if that had some relevance too.

yea, like 'collect all 5 pieces of gear to light super tripple jackpot or something.

or light outlane saves.

#9 6 years ago

I'd like to see the ghost awards 20, 40, 60, 80, 100 require a shot to activate or at least for mass hysteria, never fails that it lights while I'm in the middle of a mode like Gozer and then it screws me with the flipper swapping. I like the slimer mode/MB and gear collecting ideas.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

- The red flashers in the outlanes becoming a virtual outlane save. (this game is hard enough, it could use outlane saves.)
- Negative re-enforcement needs tiers of rewards in addition to points to make it a viable option again.
- Librarian insert randomly strobes. If you hit the scoop while strobe-ing, it makes the spinner X10 for a time.
- Bumpers and 'spirit guide' light librarian randomly, if you scoop librarian again, you can do 'spooked librarian' mode immediately (even if it was already accomplished)
- Remove reverse flippers on 'Mass Hysteria', or leave them reversed the whole time. The switching is just frustrating.
- When completing a mode's final shot that also starts Storage Facility, start the next mode as well, or have modes ready when MB ends.
- PKE skill shot should be changed to (Light outlane saves) (Light Multipliers) (+3M Jackpot value)
- Make 'Light Multipliers' on the captive ball lit from Ball one. only require the PKE standups for all future light ups.
- Increase spinner reward Value, at the very least raise the cap on spinner level. It's a hard shot and has very little reward.
- Woulden't mind alternate call outs to the start of modes. "WE GOT ONE!" is starting to give me a nervous twitch in my left eye.

Quoted from scarybeard:

If the new code had half of your ideas it would be a game changer

#11 6 years ago

Please fix the bug where multipliers are one of the offerings in Tobin's Spirit Guide, but not awarded when chosen.

#12 6 years ago

And please give a ball save to any centre drain that occurs within 1.5 seconds of hitting a popper, provided no other switch is triggered

#13 6 years ago

Some simple things I would love to see: Shorten/speed up the ball lock animation on the Prem/LE as this drags on too long, especially when stacked with a mode award. Remove or change the beeping noises for the timers as this just gets plain annoying as it's so frequent.

#14 6 years ago

Ecto goggle expantion is a must. Love alot of ideas already listed.
Magicchiz

#15 6 years ago

Are you a god. Something with the librarian insert. Make Gear collecting more valuable.

More callouts from the movies sprinkled throughout the whole game. There are tons of iconic lines that aren't used. Didn't someone crack open the code and find a bunch of unused stuff?

Better tuning around Mass Hysteria, Storage Facility MB, PKE Frenzy. I always seem to stack these on top of each other and it turns into a mess. Disable earning of ghost rewards during storage facility multiball.

Add the ability to defer storage facility multiball.

Storage facility has a unique super jackpot that scales in value with the number of ghosts you had caught before you start the multiball.

If you re-catch all of the ghosts that got out during the multiball, this super jackpot lights.

This adds a nice thematic risk reward - do you pump up your ghost count and make the storage facility super jackpot that much more lucrative (but that much harder to achieve?)

#16 6 years ago

I think Librarian should consist of the 2nd to the last mode build up to the final mode. Like a battle system. Which would light the librarian insert when completed.

#17 6 years ago

Would be cool if the pinball manufacturers could outsource the code and we pay for cod updates. Certainly would be worthwhile and may allow collectors to keep games in their library for longer periods of time.

#18 6 years ago

I don't have GB any more, but these are the few things I would really like see changed.

Obviously fix the bugs, there's still some remaining. One allows 2 scenes to run at the same time. Another sometimes allows double pke jackpots on the pro.

Add a setting for ghost collection difficulty. My opinion is that this is an absolute must. The current settings make ladder progression too easy.

A better award for all SFMB ghost captures.

A much higher starting value for ESP video mode. 1 million perhaps. Too much trudging through low values made me not want to play this at all.

Improved rules/dots for WCWS. It's just not a fun multiball.

A couple of missions, one being Gozer The Gozerian could use tweaking.

Rob

#19 6 years ago

"Are you a God?" must give you a chance to answer YES or NO. NO goes straight to slam tilt.
Or more plausibly, Yes gives you 2-ball MB but with higher points. No gives you a 5-ball with lower points.

Make Spinner Level and Spinner Value worth something. Need a way to purposely advance spinner level.... Believe that Spinner Level 4 ramps up Super Jackpot directly? That could be really worth going for.

Make shooting the Gear Targets worth something. In my world, would have the Gear Targets start a quick hurry-up on a random ghost (Librarian, Gozer, Scoleri 1, 2, Terror Dog, Slimer). Hit that hurry-up to score that ghost. Get all 6 in a game get a new MB... each of those 6 ghosts is worth whatever the hurry up value was when you scored it. Would add a new MB and use the Librarian for something fun. And maybe would want to purposely hit the gear.

I'd have playfield multiplier carry-over to bonus if you drain with it running. Imaging the multiplayer strategy... get a big bonus hold, start 6x play field, drain for the win. GB is already a crazy game, let's embrace the crazy.

Using the outline lights for ball save is a great idea. I'd link them with the unused inner in-lane... go over the in-lane add +3 sec to the ball save on that side.

Move "Don't cross the streams" to something else. Perhaps on 5 shots to unlit scoops. Having better awards for going through a certain number of Negative Reinforcement cards is a great idea.

I vote against randomizing the modes... I'm fine with running them in order. Later ones are worth more and more involved, shouldn't be given away too easily.

#20 6 years ago

I agree the modes are fine.

a lot of debate on this but is it possible to fix the short plunge exploit? I'd like to see that fixed.

Neil.

#21 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't have GB any more...

same as me
and reading all these remaining wishes (which of course i know from time), i'm happy GB is gone :/

of course, i hope D. will make you happy, but seems you're asking/waiting for way to much !? do you ?

#22 6 years ago

WANTS

WCWS needs different shots for each ladder. Maybe add value to other shots by making the shot to the ladder that it was awarded through.

add Slimer MB- 2 ball MB that could start after a certain number of hits to slider or something. Timed MB that requires all shots be made in a certain amount of time, think Shootout in Dirty Harry.

Use of Scolleri targets to qualify multipliers. Complete a round of SB and light 2x or qualify the captive, 2nd round of SB would light 3x.Just want the multipliers to be more controlled on when they come in like GOT. As it stands the Skillshot is just too easy compared to the other way of bringing in multipliers.

NEEDS

Librarian- Should be the final mode in the ladder similar to Stay Puft or something like what Neo suggested.

WARTBY- make it worth something, as of now the value on this mode is worthless.

AYAG- ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING..would like to see something like VJP in WH20.

#23 6 years ago

Hey guys - my apologies if this is the wrong section but question on GB ... I noticed that in multiplayer games after you drain the ball and it goes through all the bonuses, it seems to skip the screen that would give you your final score total and just go tot the next player. Almost as if you were holding down the flipper to speed through them (i know you can do that on SW, not sure if GB even does that)

Wasn't sure if this was a setting or a glitch. I did a factory restore but it seems to be that way from default.

I am running v. 1.13

thanks for any help!

#24 6 years ago

My thoughts for improvements:

1. Give us a chance to turn off the reversed flippers at 100 ghosts. I hate it, it is no fun at all.
2. Improve multiballs by introducing individual targets. Especially SFMB: the start phase is ok, then the Scoleris and Slimer should disappear (say after a certain number of Hits) to open the playfield again, next target could be the capture of the ghosts lit at the beginning of SFMB, then a Kind of bonus Phase like a moving single ghost that Must be captured (similar to ST). The game is ghostbusters so let us hunt moving ghosts.
3. my biggest concern is the unbalanced scoring depending on the 2x and 3x playfield multipliers. It is just luck to get and activate them in the right moment (during MB or PKE) and their influence on high scores is significant. A good Game without the use of the multipliers will have no chance for a good scoring. For me the scoring now is just luck.

#25 6 years ago

1. Games are won by whomever happens to get the playfield multipliers by chance. This is the most annoying thing.

2. Video modes should alternate instead of choosing. Original one never gets played anymore.

3. Would be nice if ecto goggles had some gameplay effect.

Love the ladder progression and reverse flippers!

#26 6 years ago
Quoted from Juice_Neutron:

1. Games are won by whomever happens to get the playfield multipliers by chance. This is the most annoying thing.
2. Video modes should alternate instead of choosing. Original one never gets played anymore.
3. Would be nice if ecto goggles had some gameplay effect.
Love the ladder progression and reverse flippers!

you can always skill shot your multipliers if you want. It's always there for you.

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from scarybeard:

This would be my main request, leave them switched for the mode like TSPP

#28 6 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

you can always skill shot your multipliers if you want. It's always there for you.

If only we were skilled enough to reliably make that shot. It carries way too much weight compared to the other skill shots.

#29 6 years ago

I don't like the term 'one final update'. GB needs one more update just based on the bugs alone, never mind any new features. I would rather see the time spent improving what is already there, not adding a wizard mode (AYAG) nobody gets to. There already is a main wizard mode in WARTBY.

Rob

#30 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't like the term 'one final update'. GB needs one more update just based on the bugs alone, never mind any new features. I would rather see the time spent improving what is already there, not adding a wizard mode (AYAG) nobody gets to. There already is a main wizard mode in WARTBY.
Rob

I would be fine with WARTBY being a wizard mode if it actually feels like one, right now it is less of a mode than Stay Puft is.

#31 6 years ago
Quoted from TaylorVA:

I would be fine with WARTBY being a wizard mode if it actually feels like one, right now it is less of a mode than Stay Puft is.

I never got to WARTBY and I didn't care to because WCWS wasn't that much fun.

Rob

2 weeks later
#32 6 years ago

I was just thinking that it would be cool to have some more elements from Ghostbusters 2 put into the game. It's a shame that Stern didn't create modes for the second film considering they could use assets from it. A mode ladder for each film (example: Aliens by Heighway) would have been cool to have in the game.

Sure, the second film isn't as great as the first but its part of the Ghostbusters universe and is still liked by a lot of fans. If Stern does have the rights to use Vigo lines then why not create an Ecto Goggles animation for him along with implementing a few callouts. Heck a mode for defeating Vigo would be pretty darn cool to have as well. Same goes for a Statue of Liberty mode!

#33 6 years ago

The ability to completely disable the reverse flippers would be sweet (like TSPP has).

I find reverse flippers nothing but annoying and even after they are unreversed, I find myself floundering for the next 5 min... so generally I just end up slapping both flippers like a madman when they get reversed trying to avoid that.

#34 6 years ago

absolute must - reverse flipper turn on / off and if on a better warning indicator - like all lights out for a second along with a call out.

proton stream outlane inserts - make them actually function - permanently on for a ball save or something like that then could be cool to rig up a mod to them.

librarian insert - give it a cool mode

WARTBY wizard mode - introduce a cool wizard lighting, sound and rules

upgrading this game with cool better rules could re-ignite this game...

#35 6 years ago

Speaking of Ghostbusters, Trudeau's delayed hearing is tomorrow, 10/23, BTW.

#36 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I was just thinking that it would be cool to have some more elements from Ghostbusters 2 put into the game. It's a shame that Stern didn't create modes for the second film considering they could use assets from it. A mode ladder for each film (example: Aliens by Heighway) would have been cool to have in the game.
Sure, the second film isn't as great as the first but its part of the Ghostbusters universe and is still liked by a lot of fans. If Stern does have the rights to use Vigo lines then why not create an Ecto Goggles animation for him along with implementing a few callouts. Heck a mode for defeating Vigo would be pretty darn cool to have as well. Same goes for a Statue of Liberty mode!

Terrible idea! The first movie was the best by far.

#37 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr_Smith:

The ability to completely disable the reverse flippers would be sweet (like TSPP has).
I find reverse flippers nothing but annoying and even after they are unreversed, I find myself floundering for the next 5 min... so generally I just end up slapping both flippers like a madman when they get reversed trying to avoid that.

Cross your arms. You'll be surprised how well that works.

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Cross your arms. You'll be surprised how well that works.

^^^ This is a fact. It’s kind of weird how that works but it does.

#39 6 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

that means a quite complete rewrite of the code !!! i think you can forget it...

most of actual GB owners would be more than happy with just bugs correction and few things more (know & listed already from time)

and for myself, having sold mine, i must be crazy to still follow this thread ! does i'm missing it !? in a way, surelly

#40 6 years ago
Quoted from RipleYYY:

that means a quite complete rewrite of the code !!! i think you can forget it...
most of actual GB owners would be more than happy with just bugs correction and few things more (know & listed already from time)
and for myself, having sold mine, i must be crazy to still follow this thread ! does i'm missing it !? in a way, surelly

I know that's not realistic at this point, I meant it would have been nice from the start.

It would be cool just to have a Vigo animation added to the Ecto Goggles and some callouts from the character.

#41 6 years ago

- Why are Tobins and Video Modes disabled when a mode is running? There's no good reason i can think of. All it does is cause a lot of confusion, and make those features rarely accessible. I understand them not working during multiball, obviously, but none of the normal ladder modes are multiball modes.

- Make "We Came We Saw" worth 3 to 5 times as many points as it is now. It's garbage for a mini wizard mode.

- Implement the "are you a god" mode listed on the instruction card that came with the friggin game.

- Make reverse flippers last for the entire duration of Mass Hysteria. OR, at least give a distinctive, easily-identifiable callout warning prior to them switching back. I think this is potentially a very cool mechanic, but it's not fun at all to have them switch *without warning*.

- Give the left ramp ladder and left scoop ladder a points boost so that not everyone goes for "who brought the dog" every time.

- Boosting the points on "We Came We Saw" would be another great way to encourage people to go for those other ladders, since they are shorter than the right ladder. Not every game would have to be stay puft or bust.

- Cross the Streams is worth too much at the beginning of the game. In my league, 80% of players don't break 120 million, so if you make two stupid video mode skillshots and do literally nothing else, you win. It's not fun. Cross the Streams should scale somehow. It should only be worth the full 60 million after you've done some actual pinball stuff. Make Cross the Streams worth 20 million, and then multiply it by the number of modes the player has completed. So it would only be worth 20 million at the beginning of the game, which is still a decent amount, but could be worth the "normal" 60 million if the player has completed 3 modes, and could be worth a nice chunk (100 million or so) later on if the player has finished more than one ladder. (by that point, the player is probably approaching the billions anyway, it's not like it would blow up the score)

#42 6 years ago

I'm just excited to hear Stern isn't finished with the code. My Pro is a keeper so I'm pumped to see a fresh update in the coming months...although when do they anticipate finishing SW???

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

- Cross the Streams is worth too much at the beginning of the game. In my league, 80% of players don't break 120 million, so if you make two stupid video mode skillshots and do literally nothing else, you win. It's not fun. Cross the Streams should scale somehow. It should only be worth the full 60 million after you've done some actual pinball stuff. Make Cross the Streams worth 20 million, and then multiply it by the number of modes the player has

These are the kinds of ideas I would like to see in pinball games where one part of the game has a direct affect on another part. Even having the ability to increase ESP starting value by completing some objective, or by random awards would make it a lot more interesting. Most things in GB are like an island where they are just isolated from one another. For example, playing scenes good or bad has no effect on how well (or not) WCWS scores. And unless the scenes score well by themselves, increasing WCWS scoring would mean people will just ignore completing the scenes and time them out. I don't like timer based scenes and I'm very glad SW for the most part has got away from that. There's still timers in SW, but they don't control the mission itself from start to finish.

Rob

#44 6 years ago

Some really great ideas here!

Does anyone else feel the Scoleri brothers occur much too frequently? I would like a frequency setting on them. Also the ability to set them to not pop back up once you have cleared one of them (in the case where it takes you too long to clear the other).

Really love the virtual ball save idea to make use of the unused inserts. AKA the VIP mode on AS.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Does anyone else feel the Scoleri brothers occur much too frequently?

ABSOLUTELY. It's absurd, and too obscure of a movie reference. Very out of place and annoying.

They should just rename it "The Scoleri Brothers."

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Hey guys - my apologies if this is the wrong section but question on GB ... I noticed that in multiplayer games after you drain the ball and it goes through all the bonuses, it seems to skip the screen that would give you your final score total and just go tot the next player. Almost as if you were holding down the flipper to speed through them (i know you can do that on SW, not sure if GB even does that)
Wasn't sure if this was a setting or a glitch. I did a factory restore but it seems to be that way from default.
I am running v. 1.13
thanks for any help!

This drives me crazy as well.
We play tons of multiplayer games and it takes forever to see other players scores on this game.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

This drives me crazy as well.
We play tons of multiplayer games and it takes forever to see other players scores on this game.

When the game is over, you can press both flipper buttons at the same time and the score screen will be displayed. I don't know how to see the score screen when in the middle of a game.

#48 6 years ago

I would want to see the ability to replace the video mode skill shot for league night and tournaments. Currently everyone is using it to get points right off the bat on each ball and the weighting is such that when one person does it then everyone must follow suit just to keep things even. Means I have to sit and watch each person play don't cross the streams at the start of each ball. Not saying get rid of the modes, if you earn it during regular play then fair game, just don't have it lit on the skill shot.
I would suggest it be the 2x award like when modes are running etc.

#49 6 years ago

I would like to see the scoleri brothers pop up and down like mustang premium,makes it way more fun

#50 6 years ago

Oh, and I really wish we could get rid of the linear modes. I'm not sure this counts as "final tweak" worthy but playing the same modes over and over gets old.

I guess the next best option would be to make it easier to progress through the modes. For example, on the super easy setting, make it easier to start modes in addition to easier to finish each mode. Maybe automatically qualify the start-mode function (removing having to hit slimer 3 times or making the skill shot). This would make the game more fun for casual players.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.00
Boards
Lermods
Boards
15,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
There are 153 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-final-code-update-wish-list and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.