• 58 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by rai
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CB60CE6F-5B01-4A39-834F-BD91C6ABDD34.gif

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

What is the real lowdown on this game? I hear so many complain about it not being good and see a ton for sale. Is this game really a dud or is it just hard? Most complaints I am hearing are the magnets by the slings and flipper gap? I've also been reading about many fixes that needed to be done to make it playable. I am considering obtaining this game and haven't had a ton of time on it.

#8 5 years ago

So its linear like say Roadshow? I owned roadshow and love the game, but it became old because you always start in the same place and progress pretty much one of two ways every game. I am not the greatest player, but I do like players games that are somewhat tough. For me TZ is a Diamond because it never gets old for me and its one of those games that I never get sick of. Many don't like it because it can be difficult for a casual player. I've collected long enough to know what I like and I prefer shorter game times and harder games that give me that one more game itch. I can't do the hour marathon games. Ghostbusters is an amazing theme and the game is absolutely beautiful. I just hear so much back and forth on how good it actually is.

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

Quoted from Eskaybee:
Unfortunately, the designer was too busy looking at other things on his computer other than re-fining the GB design. Awesome theme, outstanding art package, great sound; but lackluster design and a software package that is drowning with no life preservers in site puts this in the dud dept for me.
Be more specific with lackluster design. I actually like the design. The right ramp is a hard shot but I hit it all the time.
Dud? That's a stretch.

When I posted this I was hoping to get a better idea why exactly people do and don't like it. Some have written some great relies and some not so much. KKlank you have quite a diverse collection. Very nice mix of old and new.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

This time I ignored the flipper gap and just played. Now I would buy one if I could afford it. Really enjoy playing it. If I bought one I would probably go with carrot flippers though.

Maybe someone will be brave enough to put Williams lightning flippers on it. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 26.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 39.95
Playfield - Plastics
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Carmel Hamlet, NY
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Athens, TX
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

15,699 (OBO)
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider squeakman.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-diamond-or-dud-?tu=squeakman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.