(Topic ID: 25867)

GHOSTBUSTERS Custom Pinball - Official VIDEO!

By Betelgeuse

8 years ago

Topic Stats

• 59 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by Exejet
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

hatsoff.gif
    clap.gif

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 8 years ago

I know a lot of you have been waiting to see this for a while now. Well, I just got the game back from PAPA last week and I was finally able to get some decent pics and video. Please let me know what you think. Enjoy!

Ghostbusters official video...

Original thread about the game in case you missed it...
    http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/first-look-ghostbusters-custom

-Brian Stahl

#2 8 years ago

Oh sweet Mary that is insane! Congrats!

#3 8 years ago

Super awesome

#4 8 years ago

Looks great, very reminiscent of Black Knight. Why do the jet bumpers fire simultaneously?

#5 8 years ago

I played it at PAPA. It was very cool. Thanks for sharing it with us.

#6 8 years ago

That's awesome! Nice work. I love the music and voice call outs!

You should bring this game to Chicago in a few weeks

#7 8 years ago

Very cool!

#8 8 years ago

I love how it laughs at you when you lose the ball. I could listen to the music all day. Great job!

#9 8 years ago

great job - love how the theme kicks in. There are so many callouts from the movie....

"it's miller time"....

a classic.

#10 8 years ago

Absolutely AWESOME!!!

#11 8 years ago

ok thats not what i expected .. thought it might look and sound more modern .. would be great for those that love that era

#12 8 years ago

I know what movie(s) I'll be watching now on my business trip this week...

Still can't get over it....simply amazing. I would love to know where you found all the information on how to do such a thing.....

#13 8 years ago

I'm inspired everytime I watch a new video of this. As soon as my next shop is done, I am SO looking for a scorched pin to retheme. Does your blog go more into depth about setting up the mp3 trigger? I get re-using the switches on targets for sounds, I get losing a ball and having that switch detect lost ball and play an appropriate sound. I still don't get:
    1. what causes the music to change (almost seems as if it's on a random loop, and when one song ends, the next one plays).
    2. how you tell it the game is over so it can play the venkman theme as standby music

Any chance of bringing this to chicago expo?

#14 8 years ago

Brian, you are a madman. That turned out so dang sweet. Looks like some of these up and coming companies need your contact info. That just blows me away, would love to see it make the Louisville expo for 2013

#15 8 years ago

As much as I try I can't wrap my mind around a -35 era setup with WPC era flipper bats. Game looks cool.

#16 8 years ago

ACES. Where do i sign up for the kit you will be making oooohhhh ahhhhh

#17 8 years ago

I don't know the flippers looks underpowered and it seems "floaty". What pitch is that machine set at?

I think I am going to get out of my pre-order.

Lol, looks wicked nice job!!!

#18 8 years ago
    Quoted from mcfly:

ok thats not what i expected .. thought it might look and sound more modern ..

Hello Mcfly!?!?!?!?!

#19 8 years ago

Looks awsome nice job.

#20 8 years ago
    Quoted from Crash:

Why do the jet bumpers fire simultaneously?

I have no idea. It's done that since I first bought the donor game and nobody can figure it out. I think it's a problem on the CPU, but it's been on the back burner. The original game was in very sad shape and really it still needs some regular pinball type repairs.

Quoted from dgoodspeed:

Still can't get over it....simply amazing. I would love to know where you found all the information on how to do such a thing.....

I just sort of made it up as went along. Some trial and error was involved.

Quoted from toyotaboy:

Does your blog go more into depth about setting up the mp3 trigger? I get re-using the switches on targets for sounds, I get losing a ball and having that switch detect lost ball and play an appropriate sound. I still don't get:
    1. what causes the music to change (almost seems as if it's on a random loop, and when one song ends, the next one plays).
    2. how you tell it the game is over so it can play the venkman theme as standby music
    Any chance of bringing this to chicago expo?

I can answer any questions you have about this. I may provide a more details guide/photos in the near future.

1. The music doesn't loop. Completing the lower drop target bank triggers a random quote and a random music track. There are 4 alternate tracks and 20 quotes it picks from each time you complete the bank.
    2. Magic and illusion. The 'venkman theme' is on the same track as the ball drain sound effects. If another ball is ejected the track is cut short before it would start playing. If the game is over it makes it to the song because another ball hasn't kicked out.

No plans to bring the game to Expo, unfortunately. I won't be able to make it.

Quoted from Wickedquickss:

Looks like some of these up and coming companies need your contact info.

They know where to find me.

#21 8 years ago

That is very cool!!!

#22 8 years ago

Amazing stuff, the theme that should have been done a long time ago!

#23 8 years ago

Wow, what an accomplishment, you really should be proud. Is that a retheme or did you build it all from the playfield up?

#24 8 years ago

Very impressive! Was that you playing, Brian? Whoever it was is a good player with very solid nudging skills.

#25 8 years ago

maaannn!!!!! you are a god!!
    that is so cool!

#26 8 years ago

Flash Gordon's bumpers fire independet, I bet what someone has done is wire them together when the transistor went on the board. Easy hack job for the op to get it working...

Looks like a really nice conversion.

#27 8 years ago

Very nice. How long did that take you?

#28 8 years ago

Awesome Brian!

#29 8 years ago

Completely awesome! I've loved reading about your work, such a great looking game!

#30 8 years ago

I think this is awesome.

My only critique is the "GHOST BUSTERS" on the cabinet sides as 2 words. I understand why you did that to make them as large as they are, but I can't get passed that if this were a real license, Sony/Columbia would have not allowed their trade mark to be altered. So it keeps it from looking 100% legit to me. I realize it's not legit , just passing along my friendly observation.

It is a very impressive piece of work. Congrats.

#31 8 years ago

Friggin Awesome!

#32 8 years ago

Wow. Love seeing these custom pinball threads. What control system did you use, P-ROC, custom boards, etc?

#33 8 years ago

Ghostbusters is my most wanted theme that we never got. Great job on the machine, it really came together well.

#34 8 years ago

Love it. Great job with the sounds and music

#35 8 years ago

Looks Great! Love the music and playfield art!

#36 8 years ago

Betelgeuse, nice job! Playfield and art turned out great. Audio integration is impressive.Wally

#37 8 years ago

Can't say anything more that hasn't already been said, other than to add my own sense of awe toward your finished product. Simply brilliant.

It truly inspires me to continue with my dream of retheming a DMD-era game with custom ramps, targets, redoing the animations and everything else.

#38 8 years ago

I am stunned. This thing is amazing!!! I said a long time ago that Ghostbusters was on my wishlist of great themes that never got a chance to shine. You did a wonderful job and I'm amazed someone can pull something like this off as a DIY project. I played Flash Gordon for the first time a couple weeks ago, and I love that layout, so I can imagine how much fun playing your Ghostbusters would be. Stellar!

#39 8 years ago

there's only one thing left to do... Someone to re-theme the virtual one so anyone not near PA can play it
    http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-702-flash_gordon_hd

#40 8 years ago

Love it, great job

#41 8 years ago

Plenty of people would buy if it was a kit or just produced. Excellent work!

#42 8 years ago

Thanks for all the comments guys and girls!!!

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Is that a retheme or did you build it all from the playfield up?

This is a re-theme of Bally's Flash Gordon. I got one that was very worn out before they started reproducing playfields.

Quoted from the_pin_family:

Very nice. How long did that take you?

About 14 months from the point where I started designing the art layout. Even though I consider it completed at this point, there are still some improvements I'd like to make. It could use some decals for the pops and spinners, lights in the Ecto, and even a flipper rebuild and some board work.

Quoted from frolic:

My only critique is the "GHOST BUSTERS" on the cabinet sides as 2 words.

Actually, it was prevalent both ways in the promotional material, merchandise and in the movie itself.

Quoted from T-800:

Wow. Love seeing these custom pinball threads. What control system did you use, P-ROC, custom boards, etc?

The only custom boards are the ones that control the audio. Everything else is factory.

Quoted from Marc:

As much as I try I can't wrap my mind around a -35 era setup with WPC era flipper bats. Game looks cool.

Williams used these same style flippers back into the EM era. This game just happens to be a Bally. It gives it a unique gameplay experience that is different from Flash Gordon.

-Brian

#43 8 years ago

Awesome job, looks amazing and the sounds & music fit the flash re-theme so well.

#45 8 years ago

So. Profoundly. Awesome.

However, did you get that right flipper from JJP?

EDIT: Is this also some sort of record for a game of 'Flash Gordon'? Ha.

#46 8 years ago

Wow! You Slimed Me!
    Great Work!!

clap.gif

#47 8 years ago

The playfield looks really well done. Did you actually screen print the playfield or make it a different way?

#48 8 years ago

a job well done!! hat's off to you good sir!

hatsoff.gif

#49 8 years ago
    Quoted from hassanchop:

maaannn!!!!! you are a god!!

"Are you a God?" Sorry, couldn't resist.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Arcade Upkeep
    Cabinet - Other
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 13.00
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 32.00
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 26.95
    $ 35.00
    Various Other Swag
    JK Pinball
    $ 36.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7,699.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 36.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Bent Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    MI Pinball Refinery
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 30.00
    Lighting - Other
    Pin Monk
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 229.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Other
    Rocket City Pinball
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Iron Monger Decal Out of stock
    Flashinstinct
    $ 60.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Whitewater pinball mods
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside