(Topic ID: 252358)

Ghostbusters custom code V1.16 Pro & Premium (with poll)

By Mudflaps

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by usul27
  • Topic is favorited by 18 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“How’s the volume level?”

• Volume okay on Pro 7 votes
    23%
  • Volume okay on Premium 10 votes
    33%
  • Volume too low on Pro 4 votes
    13%
  • Volume too low on Premium 9 votes
    30%

(Multiple choice - 30 votes by 24 Pinsiders)

#1 4 years ago

Hey gang,

Dropbox links below for Ghostbusters Pro and Premium V1.16 custom tunes. Here's what changed:

We Got One -- Cleaning Up the Town
Spook Central -- Saving the Day
Don't Cross the Streams Video Mode -- Magic
Start Music -- Original Soundtrack Library Sequence

V1.16 code is similar to the version I did for V1.13. The game's soundtrack is actually very good, so these changes are subtle and designed to feel more like the movie.

As always, this code is free to download for your personal use only. Do not use for profit. If you download and enjoy, please consider paying it forward... give your bartender an extra dollar, don't text during a movie, donate to kids, etc.

To install the new code, download the Dropbox link, drop on a thumb drive and install using the same procedures as Stern code. Enjoy!

Pro: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vqy0l0yt5keh90/ghostbusters_PRO-1_16_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0
Premium/LE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kqjvums3j4kx8x8/ghostbusters_LE-1_16_0_Mudflaps.spk?dl=0

#3 4 years ago

Awesome brother... thank you!

Curious, do you adjust the music level in the adjustments section? Negative number for louder..

#4 4 years ago
Quoted from Asylum:

Awesome brother... thank you!
Curious, do you adjust the music level in the adjustments section? Negative number for louder..

I did not make adjustments. No issues when playing on my Pro, though. I don’t have a Premium to test, so any feedback is appreciated.

#5 4 years ago

Awesome !!

Thank you

Now for the Color DmD update

#6 4 years ago

Can anyone tell me what their music and speech attenuation is set at? I can BARELY here the new music. It would be appreciated! Thanks.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

Can anyone tell me what their music and speech attenuation is set at?

I'm curious to know as well...

#9 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Awesome !!
Thank you
Now for the Color DmD update

Thanks for the heads up

It looks like the color DMD is working in this video

#10 4 years ago

So cool, thank you

#11 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Thanks for the heads up

It's working but some animations are in b&w, an update from Colordmd should be available soon.

#12 4 years ago
Quoted from PinLen83:

Thanks for the heads up

Yeah mine does with the new code. I can't see what's needs to be updated in it.

#13 4 years ago

I was worried to lose that last update you did with the new Stern code. Thanks for making this effort - going to update my machine today. Really appreciate it!

#14 4 years ago
Quoted from 2Fun:

Can anyone tell me what their music and speech attenuation is set at? I can BARELY here the new music. It would be appreciated! Thanks.

+1

I installed it but reverted back due to the volume being so low on the start music.

#15 4 years ago

Agreed - I installed too - the music and new call outs are low. I'll leave it in place for now.

I'm on a Premium.

Just a tweek - and this will be awesome!

Thank you!!

#16 4 years ago

Did anyone try changing the audio in the menu settings? There should be music volume is adjustment #47, then you can change volume via the door control, should be a mix of the two to get a good sound level

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from mamemaster:

Agreed - I installed too - the music and new call outs are low. I'll leave it in place for now.
I'm on a Premium.
Just a tweek - and this will be awesome!
Thank you!!

Try this for now. Mudflaps does great work but it might be bc you're on a premium?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-116-custom-mix-bobby-brown-and-higher-and-higher

#18 4 years ago

I didn’t add any callouts, nor did I tweak the music volume on pinball browser. I’m hesitant to adjust volumes unless everyone is experiencing the same thing. The game sounds fine to me, but stuff like this is kind of subjective.

Anyway, as Delt said, there are other options, or you can go back to the original code.

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Try this for now. Mudflaps does great work but it might be bc you're on a premium?

I'm on a Pro and the start music volume is very low, everything else seems fine. The problem with making adjustments in the menu is that the start music volume will be fine but everything else will be blasting. I dunno.

#20 4 years ago

I am on a LE and also experience lower volumes. On saving the day it is very noticable.

#21 4 years ago

Premium versions do use a couple of coils to smooth out the sound. I know my pro didn’t have them. Not sure on the need myself?

#22 4 years ago

I added a poll on volume level. If you downloaded, please let me know so I can adjust as necessary. Thanks!

#23 4 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I am on a LE and also experience lower volumes. On saving the day it is very noticable.

Try the link I posted and see if it's louder. If it's not, it's your machine as I know my code isn't too low. Good way to check...

#24 4 years ago

I downloaded it for our Pro on location and you almost couldn’t hear the start & some mode music in the game room at all but the sound effects and GB theme song were loud. I tried sev adjustments to the music attenuation setting but didn’t work, had to put the reg code on until there’s a remedy.
I have the Delt31 version on my premium at home and all the sounds are at the same level, maybe it’s just a Prem vs pro thing or maybe uguys could compare notes. Either way love what uguys are doing its custom cool!

#25 4 years ago

Same here volume is low

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-116-custom-mix-bobby-brown-and-higher-and-higher

Gonna give this version a shot...thanks so much!

#27 4 years ago

HEYDELT31 - your version works great in my Premium. I appreciate both of your efforts!! Love it.....so much better than just the stock music.

I like the updates they made to 1.16 too....the light show is seriously improved...and I heard a few new call outs.....

#28 4 years ago

You're welcome

The Mario brothers comment when you shoot for wbtd is my fav

#29 4 years ago

@delt31, any chance of a slight volume bump for higher and higher? It seems noticeably lower level than everything else in the game.

Just curious, with all the new changes is there anywhere else that would allow for a longer segment of On our Own than the short MB loop?

#30 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

delt31, any chance of a slight volume bump for higher and higher? It seems noticeably lower level than everything else in the game.
Just curious, with all the new changes is there anywhere else that would allow for a longer segment of On our Own than the short MB loop?

That's a good point about areas for a longer loop but it's so fitting for that MB. Any good recommendations?

As for higher and higher, didn't notice but will check.

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

That's a good point about areas for a longer loop but it's so fitting for that MB. Any good recommendations?
As for higher and higher, didn't notice but will check.

Not sure about recommendations as I haven’t gotten past three modes on each ladder so don’t know what else there is. But PKE mode or Mass Hysteria perhaps or the music that pops up when it is cueing you to shoot the ramp to start those special modes?

If there isn’t room for a longer loop perhaps a second loop featuring a different segment of the song? Wizard mode?

What does everyone else think?

#32 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Not sure about recommendations as I haven’t gotten past three modes on each ladder so don’t know what else there is. But PKE mode or Mass Hysteria perhaps or the music that pops up when it is cueing you to shoot the ramp to start those special modes?
If there isn’t room for a longer loop perhaps a second loop featuring a different segment of the song? Wizard mode?
What does everyone else think?

This is why I elected to leave Bobby Brown out. There’s not a good spot for it in the game IMO.

#33 4 years ago

Good Lord Stern!

I’ll update to V1.17 this weekend. I’ll also increase the volume levels by about 20% based on feedback.

#34 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Good Lord Stern!

lol sooo true

#35 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Good Lord Stern!
I’ll update to V1.17 this weekend. I’ll also increase the volume levels by about 20% based on feedback.

Ooh wow what’s on 1.17 anything new? Or just bug fixes?

#36 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Good Lord Stern!

Awesome…much appreciated!

#37 4 years ago

You’re a good sport, and we appreciate it! Thank you!

#38 4 years ago

A Pinside friend told me I had to download 1.16 on my NIB before 1.17....just want to confirm that with you guys. If so, glad he told me because I was waiting with 1.17 for Tuesday’s game delivery!

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

A Pinside friend told me I had to download 1.16 on my NIB before 1.17....just want to confirm that with you guys.

Never heard that before?? So did you finally get a premium or LE?

#40 4 years ago

NIB Pro from Cointaker. Seeing all of the Premium Wanted ads I decided to get in the game with a Pro and if I like it enough and The right Premium Deal come s my way I can always trade up.

3 weeks later
#41 4 years ago

Any update with sound for the 1.18 ?

Or is another surprise Stern Code Drop due

Added over 4 years ago:

I meant 1.17 code

#42 4 years ago

has the custom code been updated for the latest Stern update? Specifically for the premium.

#43 4 years ago

I have not done 1.17 yet. I’ll try to tackle this weekend if I can.

2 weeks later
#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I have not done 1.17 yet. I’ll try to tackle this weekend if I can.

And you know that once you drop 1.17 stern will go an release 1.18...lol

1 year later
#47 2 years ago

Is this still available somewhere?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-custom-code-v116-pro-amp-premium?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.