Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 70 days ago by Prodoshi
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unbenannt-1 (resized).jpg
unbenannt-2 (resized).jpg
unbenannt-3 (resized).jpg
71AE0C13-119E-4B19-AD85-AE3A68D5270C (resized).jpeg
9A433E5C-CA4D-406C-9D49-9B606692F208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2512 (resized).JPG
IMG_2510 (resized).JPG
IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
IMG_3122 (resized).JPG
IMG_3123 (resized).JPG
IMG_3121 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1317 (resized).JPG
IMG_3547 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aquapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 3 years ago

Didn't like the flat plastic "storage facility" plastic so decided to modify a more detailed containment unit from Matty Collector. The red/green light are transparent, so tried just using a LED inside the fixture but it was just too dim compared to the rest of the machine. Decided to keep the original Stern LEDs / mini domes and placed them behind the lights. Super bright and has a nice effect glowing through the other light fixtures.

Player View (resized).jpg
Off (resized).jpg
On (resized).jpg
06 plastic (resized).jpg

#4 3 years ago

Not selling them...just sharing the idea

1 week later
#8 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

that's awesome aquapin, well done

Thanks, I am happy with it.

Quoted from Ballypin:

I saw Aquapin's post last Saturday night and thought this is so cool. I immediately checked eBay and found a NIB Walter Peck and containment model for $ 30 shipped...

Nice work Ballypin. I too wished I could have kept the door intact with working hinge, but it is just a touch too tall and cutting the top of the assembly would have been too ugly to cover up. I salvaged the door by sanding/cutting down the bottom (where the hinge was) and repainting it white. It is secured in place with hot glue in from the back. Yes, tons of grinding down on the inside to get everything to fit. Initially I tried it at the original thickness but found it too be too heavy cosmetically and the footprint it needed was more than I wanted. Hopefully you find a way to mount and keep the door open...put the trap inside and add a flasher and it would be a very cool effect.

#16 3 years ago

I am not, but maybe somebody else will.

7 months later
#23 2 years ago

Nice job Daniml...like the mounting idea. You could just take the Van Horne sign off, would expose the containment unit better (leaving just the L bracket).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aquapin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside