Topic Stats

• 28 posts
  • 22 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 47 days ago by Prodoshi
  • Topic is favorited by 23 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 25 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

unbenannt-1 (resized).jpg
unbenannt-2 (resized).jpg
unbenannt-3 (resized).jpg
71AE0C13-119E-4B19-AD85-AE3A68D5270C (resized).jpeg
9A433E5C-CA4D-406C-9D49-9B606692F208 (resized).jpeg
IMG_2512 (resized).JPG
IMG_2510 (resized).JPG
IMG_3124 (resized).JPG
IMG_3122 (resized).JPG
IMG_3123 (resized).JPG
IMG_3121 (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
IMG_1317 (resized).JPG
IMG_3547 (resized).JPG

#1 3 years ago

Didn't like the flat plastic "storage facility" plastic so decided to modify a more detailed containment unit from Matty Collector. The red/green light are transparent, so tried just using a LED inside the fixture but it was just too dim compared to the rest of the machine. Decided to keep the original Stern LEDs / mini domes and placed them behind the lights. Super bright and has a nice effect glowing through the other light fixtures.

Player View (resized).jpg
Off (resized).jpg
On (resized).jpg
06 plastic (resized).jpg

#2 3 years ago

Awesome

#3 3 years ago

very awesome - how much?

#4 3 years ago

Not selling them...just sharing the idea

#5 3 years ago

Looking good. We have not finished ours. Great detail!

image (resized).jpeg

1 week later
#6 3 years ago

I saw Aquapin's post last Saturday night and thought this is so cool. I immediately checked eBay and found a NIB Walter Peck and containment model for $ 30 shipped. It arrived last night and I started to replicate this mod. The model is very detailed and the lever even works to let the containment door drop open and even can hold the included ghost trap. Looking at Aquapin's pics as reference, I was hoping I could keep the door and hinge intact but after measuring the distance from the top of the plastic to the bottom of the pf glass, I realized I would have to cut right above the hinge. I had to cut the hinge off the door, remove the red and green light fixtures, cut the wall down to 3-5/8" tall, cut out 2 holes for the original stern led lenses and quite a bit of trimming inside the model so everything would fit.

I did a test fit tonight and here are some pictures.

I did a couple thing different from the OP's install. I did not cut down the depth of the walls because I wanted to use the back wall of the model to conceal the wiring. The problem with this is that the containment unit won't fit in the space with the spot light location, so I temporarily moved the spot to above the Terror Dog target. In fact, the OP had to cut a notch from the right side of the model for clearance with the ramp flange. I also removed the Van Horne plastic as I considered somehow hinging the door back on and maybe even leaving it open. This will require removing the L bracket from the plastic but I am leary that an air ball could smash the door. I still need to securely mount the model...not sure I can use the L brackets for the original flat plastic. I also need to paint the screw heads red that were used to secure the red and green led lenses and boards. It might even be cool to add some red leds to the inside of containment unit tied to the light show at the start of SFMB.

IMG_3532 (resized).JPG

IMG_3538 (resized).JPG

IMG_3539 (resized).JPG

IMG_3543 (resized).JPG

IMG_3547 (resized).JPG

#7 3 years ago

that's awesome aquapin, well done

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

that's awesome aquapin, well done

Thanks, I am happy with it.

Quoted from Ballypin:

I saw Aquapin's post last Saturday night and thought this is so cool. I immediately checked eBay and found a NIB Walter Peck and containment model for $ 30 shipped...

Nice work Ballypin. I too wished I could have kept the door intact with working hinge, but it is just a touch too tall and cutting the top of the assembly would have been too ugly to cover up. I salvaged the door by sanding/cutting down the bottom (where the hinge was) and repainting it white. It is secured in place with hot glue in from the back. Yes, tons of grinding down on the inside to get everything to fit. Initially I tried it at the original thickness but found it too be too heavy cosmetically and the footprint it needed was more than I wanted. Hopefully you find a way to mount and keep the door open...put the trap inside and add a flasher and it would be a very cool effect.

#9 3 years ago

Nice

#10 3 years ago

That looks really nice.

#11 3 years ago

nice details. really fit well in the machine.

#12 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I saw Aquapin's post last Saturday night and thought this is so cool. I immediately checked eBay and found a NIB Walter Peck and containment model for $ 30 shipped. It arrived last night and I started to replicate this mod. The model is very detailed and the lever even works to let the containment door drop open and even can hold the included ghost trap. Looking at Aquapin's pics as reference, I was hoping I could keep the door and hinge intact but after measuring the distance from the top of the plastic to the bottom of the pf glass, I realized I would have to cut right above the hinge. I had to cut the hinge off the door, remove the red and green light fixtures, cut the wall down to 3-5/8" tall, cut out 2 holes for the original stern led lenses and quite a bit of trimming inside the model so everything would fit.
I did a test fit tonight and here are some pictures.
I did a couple thing different from the OP's install. I did not cut down the depth of the walls because I wanted to use the back wall of the model to conceal the wiring. The problem with this is that the containment unit won't fit in the space with the spot light location, so I temporarily moved the spot to above the Terror Dog target. In fact, the OP had to cut a notch from the right side of the model for clearance with the ramp flange. I also removed the Van Horne plastic as I considered somehow hinging the door back on and maybe even leaving it open. This will require removing the L bracket from the plastic but I am leary that an air ball could smash the door. I still need to securely mount the model...not sure I can use the L brackets for the original flat plastic. I also need to paint the screw heads red that were used to secure the red and green led lenses and boards. It might even be cool to add some red leds to the inside of containment unit tied to the light show at the start of SFMB.

Looks great, man. Gorgeous game, but it seems like there's still plenty of room for well-executed mods.

#14 3 years ago

Sweet, is that the one that comes with this figure? I was thinking of ordering one and trying it out:
ebay.com link » Ghostbusters Walter Peck Movie Masters Figure Comes Complete W Containment Unit

#15 3 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Sweet, is that the one that comes with this figure? I was thinking of ordering one and trying it out:
ebay.com link » Ghostbusters Walter Peck Movie Masters Figure Comes Complete W Containment Unit

That is the one.

#16 3 years ago

I am not, but maybe somebody else will.

#17 3 years ago

WE GOT ONE!!!!!! Could not resist buying this mod, and for $30 shipped, ima gon' have some fun!

#18 3 years ago

I like it... Just bought one and will see what we can do with it...

#19 3 years ago

I'm in on this mod! Fantastic idea!

IMG_1317 (resized).JPG

#20 3 years ago

Easily the best containment mod great creativity, looks like it came out the factory

7 months later
#21 2 years ago

Also a fan of this mod! In the nature of sharing ideas this is what I did with my spot and how I attached the unit to the pin securely. Not liking the Van Horne sign blocking the door but don't want to go through the effort of cutting the bracket off with a Dremel at this time.

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpeg

#22 2 years ago

nice work, I have the gear and wanted to put the spot light behind as well and will definitely do it the way you did it @Danimi

#23 2 years ago

Nice job Daniml...like the mounting idea. You could just take the Van Horne sign off, would expose the containment unit better (leaving just the L bracket).

#24 2 years ago

I have the containment NIB, along with the Hotwheels Ecto cars. I also have cliffys. Willing to sell $50 shipped!

IMG_3121 (resized).JPG

IMG_3123 (resized).JPG

IMG_3122 (resized).JPG

IMG_3124 (resized).JPG

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

Also a fan of this mod! In the nature of sharing ideas this is what I did with my spot and how I attached the unit to the pin securely. Not liking the Van Horne sign blocking the door but don't want to go through the effort of cutting the bracket off with a Dremel at this time.

Nice and clean!

Much much better than the flat plastic.

#26 2 years ago
Quoted from Daniml:

Nice job! It is definitely one of the best mods for the pro. I found that reducing the thickness of the model (close to 1/4") and notching one side (due to the ramp) allows it to mount nicely and gives you room to keep the spot light in it's original location.

IMG_2510 (resized).JPG

IMG_2512 (resized).JPG

6 months later
#27 1 year ago

Thanks for the ideas everyone.

I added some weathering to mine, then clearcoated. The flat plastic didn’t blend very well. The spotlight is mounted to the back.

9A433E5C-CA4D-406C-9D49-9B606692F208 (resized).jpeg

71AE0C13-119E-4B19-AD85-AE3A68D5270C (resized).jpeg

1 year later
#28 47 days ago

Hey, I wanted to share my attemt.
I also show the inside, to make it more understandable for others.
I ground about 1/4" off of thickness. Unfortunately the unit is just a tiny bit too high, so i have to take extra care when putting on the glass until i ground it again.
For grinding make sure to have a belt sander, and a dremel.

I added the red led inside the unit and i hot glued the opening, so that it stays in that position.
I also hot glued the gren/red leds.
Dont forget the holes for the mounting BEFORE you cut holes for the wireing

The red light inside the unit makes a huge show, really nice! I wansnt sure if i should place the trap inside there, because it catches alot of light.

unbenannt-1 (resized).jpgunbenannt-2 (resized).jpgunbenannt-3 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lynnwood, WASHINGTON

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside