Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Shogun00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 2 years ago

Hey guys. I'm a game technician at a bar in Nashville and the Ghostbusters pro game that we have has been giving us some issues. The ramp diverter coil and left gate coil keep burning out and both are connected in series to node 8 under the play field with 48 volts going in to them.

Things I've done.

I first replaced the gate coil as that was the first to go down. Then the replacement coil for the gate went down 2 days later. After removing the gate coil entirely, the ramp coil went down no less than a week later. I went to look for any missing transistors on the node and any burnt fuses but couldn't find anything wrong. I'm total lost on what I should do next. Any suggestions?

Pin114

#2 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin114:

Hey guys. I'm a game technician at a bar in Nashville and the Ghostbusters pro game that we have has been giving us some issues. The ramp diverter coil and left gate coil keep burning out and both are connected in series to node 8 under the play field with 48 volts going in to them.
Things I've done.
I first replaced the gate coil as that was the first to go down. Then the replacement coil for the gate went down 2 days later. After removing the gate coil entirely, the ramp coil went down no less than a week later. I went to look for any missing transistors on the node and any burnt fuses but couldn't find anything wrong. I'm total lost on what I should do next. Any suggestions?
Pin114

Have you measured for correct voltages? I know the boards LED's will indicate the presence of voltage, but I would be confirming it. Have you downloaded the Spike manual from Stern for troubleshooting?

#4 2 years ago

First, I would check the service bulletins (SB) on Stern's website (link below). There are roughly 3 SBs related to Spike 1's core nodes and 2 on Ghostbusters directly. These 5 SBs were made in 2016 - 2017.

Blowing out coils is one of the common outcomes if those SBs aren't addressed.

https://sternpinball.com/support/service-bulletins/

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 49.95
$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 103.00
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ghostbusters-coil-burnout- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.